Chapter 6

A TRAVELLER'S DILEMMA

Kim went to the comfort room, Gerald with his tunes plugged. A Native American guy followed her, “You are so hot.” The guy told Kim and was about to touch her cheeks.

“Leave me alone, you loser!” Kim pushed him away and headed out.

The guy still followed her up to her place, “Can I get your number?”

He grabbed Kim by the arm, Gerald in panic, pulled Kim away and nagged at him, “What’s your problem? Leave her alone before you regret it.” He cowardly forced the man to go astray.

“Thank you.” Kim shyly mutters.

“Are you hurt? Americans are really used to being too rude, especially to girls who dress like you.”

“What is the matter? I dress properly.”

“I know, but you are too attractive, you should wear those at parties, not inside the plane, be careful next time.” He smiles.

“Fine, Thanks again. Akala ko nasindak na sya sakin kanina dun sa may CR, hindi pala. Salamat ah. Nakakainis! Walang pinipiling lugar, ang babastos.” She adds.

Kim realized how nice Gerald really is, compare to those men who grew up in America with disgusting manners, Gerald managed to keep his Filipino values despite that he grew in the states.

“Are we going to pursue our plans? Or just throw it away?” Kim asks.

“What plans?”

Kim taps her head, “That you will be joining me at the hotel in one day.”

“Oh, yun ba? Sure sige, I have checked my schedule and I am free for the next three days.”

“Ok, save the date!” she winks.

 

They will arrive at Philippines in 2 hours. 2 hours for Kim to finish her task of making him laugh. She busied herself in her ipad again, her wallpaper showed off and Gerald saw it. “Bwahahahahahaha.” He burst into laughter. “What a face!” he utters.

Kim’s wallpaper is a wacky shot of her, crossed eyed, over pouted lips and hands to her cheeks. “Ang babaw mo naman.”

As soon as Gerald stopped laughing, he grasps for air. “I’m sorry, it just kicked me off. It’s cute anyway.”

“Tse! Ang labo mo. May sayad ka talaga anu?” Kim rolls her eyes. “Masaya ka na nyan?”

“No, did I offend you?”

“Of course not, di ako kasing babaw mo nuh!” she says.

Kim realized, she made him laugh finally, without any efforts. If she only knew it before that he can laugh that simple, maybe she showed her photo directly to him.

“You are crazy!” Gerald says.

“Am I driving you crazy?” Kim laughs. “Careful, you might get addicted to me.”

Gerald gave her his sweetest heartthrob smile. Suddenly, “Waaaaaaaa.. Look!” Kim says in excitement.

She shook Gerald’s body holding his shoulders with her two hands, “I won. I won. All in!”

“Ano ba yan.. Akala ko kung ano na!”

“Sorry, nacarried away ako eh.” She laughs.

“As usual. Kawawa naman mga kapitbahay mo, lagi siguro naiingayan sayo.” He mutters.

“As if condominium unit owners can hear each others' noise. I live only with my nanny for almost 20 years in a condominium unit at Makati.” She explains.

“Ohh I see.” Sighed. “Where are your parents?”

“I told you before, they are in and out of the country, we have one house along Quezon city, one in Rizal, my Lolo’s, and a rest house at Tagaytay. What about yours?”

“My parents live at Mandaluyong, I guess I’m gonna stay there too, I have never been there. And as far as I know, we have 3 more from different places.”

 

Kim and Gerald made every minute of their travel back home to Manila in a very unique way, they both made each other frown, and smile too. They made the trip the fanciest ever. Kim somehow learned something from him, being simple and fragile.