Chapter 5

A TRAVELLER'S DILEMMA

"Wohoo!!!!" Kim got everybody's attention as she won the game in her ipad.

"Could you please lower your voice? Nakakahiya, tulog na yung mga tao oh." Gerald cuts her off.

"Sorry naman po tatay. Di na po mauulit tay, natuwa lang po ako dahil nanalo ako itay. Goodnight po itay. Itulog na lang po natin ito." Kim says crazily in a childish manner.

Gerald rolled his eyes, crossed his arms to his chest, and faced the other side.

"Ohh Lord, I thought he changed already. He is still the frown man I met 13 hours ago." Kim told her self.

She turned her ipad off, trying to get some sleep but she just cannot. She scans her nails, combs her hair as if it can make her feel asleep. After whipping her hair off her face, Gerald's face drew in front of her, he was sleeping. "Ang gwapo mo sana kaya lang ang daming kulang." She stares at him while combing her long silky hair, her eyes are twinkling, and herself betrayed her from smiling at him. Gerald's arms scratch his head, still eyes closed, his arms landed on Kim's, it was locked, Kim couldn't free her hands off of him, when she move, Gerald will surely be awake. His closed fist opened, as though searching for another hand to hold, he accidentally opened Kim's hands, to her horror she wants to let go but don't know how  to.

"Tsk! What am I going to do? My goosebumps are coming. My mind tells me to get my hands off him, but my heart tells me 'it's okay'. !"

Kim left with no choice, "Ang malas ko naman inantok pa ko, how can I sleep with our hands together? Err! If I remove my hand, he'll be awake, he might think that I am doing something naughty, it can't be, baka sabihin pa nito nananamantala ako. Naku."

She falls asleep finally with their hands intertwined.

After about an hour, Gerald woke up, he saw their hands' position, and Kim still sleeping, he kept on wondering how it happened, he moved a bit, made Kim aware that he was awake. She rapidly let go her hand, "I didn't do anything to you." she reprimands. Gerald stares at her naughtily. "Kunware ka pa, nilagay mo nga yung kamay ko sa kamay mo."

Kim threw the round pink pillow at his face, "Excuse me! Assuming ka. Nagkamot ka kaya ng ulo pagkatapos sa kamay ko bumagsak, kapal nito."

"Tapos hindi mo inalis, feel na feel mo." he teases.

"Whatever! Cuida detu vida. Esperamos así que apuesto que asumir!!!" Kim says in horror using her little knowledge about Spanish language.

"Ah! Gwapo pala ko sa paningin mo ah, well thank you." Gerald, grew up learning different kinds of languages, he understood what Kim said.

Kim felt like swallowing her tongue with the fact that Gerald extrapolated everything. Kim's eyes swelled and her cheeks blushed. "Ewan ko sayo!" she piled her brows together and leaned back.

Gerald swings his head after that conversation.

"Anong iniiling iling mo jan? Akala ko pa naman nagbago ka na, yun pala matapobre ka pa rin!" Kim retorts.

But before he could say his piece, the flight attendant came in with their breakfast, "Coffee or Tea sir?"

"Tea please." Gerald says. "Thanks."

Kim made an angry squint and murmured like a little girl.

"Ma'am what about you?"

"Milk please." she says.

"There's no milk in the options, coffee or tea only." Gerald attended.

"Pakielam mo ba!"

"Okay ma'am I'll come back with your milk."

Kim continues reading the newspaper while Gerald sips his cup full of coffee. "Man! She is doing it again. I thought she had changed from a beast to a 'Belle'. I was wrong." sighed.

"Thank you." Kim takes the glass of warm milk from the flight attendant.

"Sir, bread or fried rice?"

"Bread na lang, and butter, thanks."

"Bakit sya lagi mong inuuna eh ako yung girl? Type mo ba sya?" Kim interrupted.

"Kasi po ma'am sya yung nasa isle eh, sorry po. Ano pong gusto nyo?"

"Wala, thank you na lang, I am fine with my milk."

The poor attendant went out. "Hey! Chill out! Bakit pati yung tao tinarayan mo? Nagseselos ka ba?"

"Heh!" Kim almost shouted.

The attendant passed by again in front of them to go back to the kitchen, "Miss pasensya ka na sa kanya ah, masama ang gising eh."

"Okay lang po sir, lambingin nyo na lang po ang girlfriend nyo."

Before Gerald could retract what the lady said, she went away.

"Ew! Is she nuts? Girlfriend daw? Hello? That's the last thing I'll ever do! To fall in love with somebody as arrogant as you!" Kim says in horror.

Gerald swings his head again in disappointment of what Kim did, he just finished his food, and ignored her.