Teach me about ‘Real LOVE’…

Love Missions!

 

[No one POV]

 

“Your weakness is the glasses?” Ji Yong asked in surprise and smirk with an evil glare at Mina who is crying and shaking a lot and sitting on the floor.

He bent down beside Mina and by asking, “What, what? What happens when you don’t have glasses on?”

“Stop…Go away,” Mina shouted in a crying voice while covering her face with her hands. Although Mina told to stop Ji Yong kept teasing by asking, “Do your eyes turn or something?”

Ji Yong grabbed Mina hands which are covering her face and said, “Come on show me!”

Mina shouted “No Stop!” When Ji Yong removed Mina hands from her face he notices that her eyes are still closing. Ji Yong face gets closer to Mina face. Suddenly Mina opened her eyes slowly but she closed them again.

Mina said in a low voice, “I’m scared. I…I’m scared of…being seen…”

Ji Yong looked surprised by Mina’s answer and stared laughing and said, “You…You were so prideful and yet…You have such a weird weakness?! Lame…Hahaha. But oh well a weakness is a weakness.”

Ji Yong stands up and walked to the door and said, “Ah Mina-sshi! Next time you try threatening me, I’ll remove those glasses. You better remember that,” went out of the room.

 

---The Next Day at School---

 

[No one POV]

 

“Good morning Ji Yong oppa!” “I heard you were gonna speak in the morning assembly.” “Good Luck oppa.” The girls said to Ji Yong.

Mina is talking with Seungri in front of Ji Yong. Suddenly one of the girl said, “Eww…It’s that snow girl. Ji Yong oppa let’s go.”

But Ji Yong goes toward Mina and Seungri. Both of them didn’t notice that Ji Yong is coming towards them.

Ji Yong patted Mina shoulder from behind and said, “Mina-sshi. Good morning.” Mina flinched and looked at Ji Yong and said, “Ah…Hi Ji Yong-sshi.”

“Oooh? Mina-sshi, there’s some dirt on your glasses,” Ji Yong said and he touched Mina’s glasses.”

Mina is scared by his action and shouted, “D…Don’t touch me!!!” and ran away from Ji Yong.

 

[Mina POV]

 

I ran to the girls’ toilet as fast as I can. God damn Kwon Ji Yong…Acting all high and mighty. But if my glasses were removed in front of all those people it’ll be the end for me…To be seen directly at by strangers…

“She should fix that expression…” the words from my past flashback into my mind. Damn…

I have to pull myself together. I have to threaten him for my love novel…

“Hey hey, have you read Mimi’s novel?” I heard the girls talking.

“I did. It is so amazing,” the other girl said. As I thought, they like the love story.

“But…I still don’t really see their love for each other,” the girl said.

What did she just say? “The love situation is cool, but will it stay like that?” the other girl said. They went out of the restroom.

What are they talking about? For me who doesn’t understand how love feels…It might be impossible to write about real love…

I went out of the restroom too. “Mina-ah the morning assembly is starting. Are you feeling unwell?” Seungri said and ran towards me.

“No…I’m fine…” I answered back.

Seungri held my hands tightly and said, “Mina-ah…You don’t have to force yourself into writing a love novel. You’ve seemed odd ever since you started working on that novel.”

Wait! Seungri noticed that too?

He continued, “Even without any love in it, people will still love Mimi’s novel. Right?”

I can’t even threaten Ji Yong about this love novel and I can’t write about real love…

“That’s true,” I said to Seungri and we head to the school assembly hall.

“And lastly, a word from the student body president. Here’s the student body president, Kwon Ji Yong,” the teacher said and Ji Yong came up to the stage and started to speak.

I can’t talk to Ji Yong anymore…

The memory of him from the missions came back into my mind. My heart is in turmoil…

Why is that?

 

---After the classes are over---

 

[Ji Yong POV]

 

I get out of the class late because of the works that the teacher gave me to do. It’s already this late. I sighed and walked to the entrance door. There I met someone who is familiar to me. It’s Mina Yoon.

“What? Still wanna do it? The love game,” I asked. “Yes,” she answered.

I smiled and said, “Even though you can’t be without your glasses?”

She asked, “Why is that anyway?”

 

[Mina POV]

 

Ji Yong said, “Well someone who can’t show her face can’t possibly be loved.”

The words he said make me sad. Why do I feel sad?

I said, “I have always been protecting myself behind the thin layer of the lenses. Ever since that day…I got scared of being seen by others…”

 

---Memory Flashback---

 

“Uwaaaah…”

“Teacheeeer…Mina is scaaaay…”

“She’s glaring at uuuuus!”

The girls in my kindergarten class cries when I was just looking at them. I’m the one who wants to cry. Suddenly I felt someone patting on my shoulder.

“Mina-ah, do you want to play with teacher?”  The teacher asked me. “You won’t cry, Mr. Choi?” I asked.

“I won’t Mina-ah. So you can always look at me,” he answered back with a smile and patted my head.

Teacher…I love you…

I went to the teachers’ room while holding my toy. “Teacher…” I said while going into the room but seems like the teachers didn’t notice me.

“Cherry class’s Yoon Mina has an amazing expression. The girls around her always end up crying. It’s a mess…” one of the teachers said.

“That’s true. It’s the first time I’ve seen a girl like her. But she should fix that expression. It’ll giver her problems in the future,” teacher Choi said. 

Wait! He also sees me like the others see me. “Oh? Mina-ah” one of the teachers said.

“What’s wrong Min-ah?” teacher Choi said and came near me.

I can’t think of anything and the words that he said keep repeating in my mind.

The teachers asked, “What’s wrong?! Mina-ah!” “Are you hurt anywhere?” “What’s wrong?”

Tears started flow through my cheek. I’m scared.

 

---Memory flashback ends---

 

I said, “…Since then I’ve scared of being seen by others.”

Ji Yong looked at me in surprised expression. I continued my past.

 

“Here dear. I got your glasses. If your eyes are bad, your expression might turn bad too,” my mom said and hand me the glasses.

“How is it?” she asked when I put on my glasses. I said, “It’s like I’m watching TV.”

 

“Just like a TV… Mina-ah morning. The people around me looked like nothing but characters in a play. They themselves don’t really know me. It’s not scary anymore.” I said.

 

[Ji Yong POV]

 

She have gone through so much. I was surprised by her words.

She continued, “I was always just a side watcher until now…always…but…” and she touched her glasses. I know what she is going to do. So I shouted, “YAH! You…”

“Then…I won’t be able to know how it’s like…!!!” she shouted back and took off her glasses.

“I want to…know…my own…unknown feelings…” she said while closing her eyes.

 

[Mina POV]

 

I closed my eyes as soon as I took off my glasses. I slowly tried to open my eyes. When I opened my eyes, Ji Yong is standing so closely in front of me and looking with a kind expression that I haven’t seen from him before.

 

[No one POV]

 

“I want to know…How you are…beyond the glasses…” Mina said while looking into Ji Yong’s eyes.

“Mission…Number 4…Teach me…about real…love…” Mina said.

The thing that both Mina and Ji Yong don’t know is Seungri is looking at them from the beginning.

“Mina-ah,” Seungri said in a low voice with a sad expression as he lost something important.