Sweetest touch

Maid for each other

Kris' POV:

When I next look at the time it's 9:15 and Sophie's still here... she should have been home 15 minutes ago "You can go home now" I say to her as I find her sitting in the kitchen... all of her stuff is packed and ready to go... but why is she still here. "Not until you tell me how you got that" she says "Got what?" I ask as she wonders over and points to my bruise... that... "No offense but it's none of your business" I say hoping that she'll leave it be... guess she wont "And what will I tell Mrs Li if she asks me what happened when you wont tell her?" she asks as I sigh "Tell her you dont know" I say "But.." she begins... doesnt she ever shut up? "JUST TELL HER YOU DONT KNOW" I shout as I turn around to see her jump "Ok... gosh is it such a crime to care for people now?" she asks quietly as she begins to walk away... ... 

"Sophie wait" I say as she turns to face me "I'm sorry" I say as she takes my arm and sits me down in the living room "Stay here" she says... where is she going? A while later she returns with an ice pack in hand "Sorry if this hurts" she says as she sits across from me and places the ice pack on my bruise "Sorry" she says as I flinch away. That's when she places a hand on the side of my head to gently press the ice pack against the bruise... I'm expecting this to hurt... but it's not "Just keep this on a while and it should bring the swelling down" she says as she passes me the ice pack "Aren't you going to ask me how I got this?" I ask her "That's for me to not know if you dont want me to" she says as she gets her stuff "I'll see you tomorrow" she says as I nod and she walks out the door. 

No one's POV: 

As Sophie began to walk to her car she couldn't help but feel that the bruise was something a lot more troubling and personal than it was but she didnt want to ask Kris in case he snapped at her like last time. Meanwhile, back in his house Kris kept the ice pack to his bruise just like Sophie had told him to and as he thought back to what happened a moment ago and what happened previously today... for a long time in a while he felt like someone other than Mrs Li and the other maids cleaners etc in this house cared for him... and for the first time in a while a tear had escaped his eyes...