You're free

Maid for each other

No one's POV:

"Are you ready?" asked Mrs Li as she helped Kris do his tie and he nodded as he sighed "I'll see you there then, your parents will be here soon" she said as the two hugged and Mrs Li left to get to the church. Kris had been dreading this day... it was his dream all over again except his friends werent there to save him and Sophie wouldn't be there for him to run away with "What have I done?" he asked himself and at that moment a knock was at his door and before he could even walk over to answer it his parents walked in. "Rude to walk in like that dont you think?" he asked them as his mother rolled her eyes "Just checking you havent done a runner" replied his father "Bit late to do the runner now dont you think?" asked Kris "We never know, knowing you and the way your mind works" replied his mother and Kris was about to protest but his father took his arm and led him out of the hotel and into a car waiting for them outside. 

When they arrived at the church a vast amount of people were chatting and laughing waiting for the doors to be opened so they could go inside and away from the cold "I dont even know half of these people" Kris said as he recognised some of his family members and some family members he met through Amber, "They're business partners" said his father 'Of course... because they're more important than me after all' he thought to himself as he got out of the car and began to walk amongst the people in attendance. As he looked around he could see Mrs Li chatting and laughing with a couple as a man stood next to her also laughing, upon a second glance, Kris knew that he was her husband and when he saw Kris he nodded and waved as Kris waved back and continued to look around. "Guys give me back my doll" he could someone shout as he turned around to see two boys running away and laughing with one of them holding a doll in his hand, "I dont think that doll belongs to you" Kris said sternly as he held out his hand and the boy gave the doll to him immediatly before the two boys ran away in fear and Kris went to find the owner of the doll. As he walked around he could see a girl sitting on the floor crying as he crouched down to get to her eye level "I believe this is yours" he said as he held the doll up and when the girl looked up she nodded as she took the doll and hugged him, to begin with Kris was surprised before he quickly hugged her back and patted her head as she ran of to find her parents and the doors soon opened "It's time" he could hear his father say as he walked into the church and Kris slowly followed him. 

Soon all the guests were seated and watched as Kris slowly walked up the aisle a.k.a. to his doom and stood there waiting for Amber. As the guests stood up and turned towards the door he knew what was coming as he himself turned around to see Amber walking up the aisle with her father, as Kris studied her he had to admit she did look nice but deep down inside he was wishing that she was Sophie walking up the aisle and they were marrying for love... not because his father was forcing him to. "If anyone should have a reason as to why these two should not be married, speak now or forever hold your peace" called the priest as Kris held his breath, this wasnt a dream but reality and this time no one would be there to rescue them, "I do" someone said as everyone gasped and Kris'eyes widened as he looked next to him and saw Amber speak up as she turned to face him. "You dont want to marry me and I dont want to marry you, plus you already love someone and I NEVER want to get in the way of love... so go, live your life and get that girl" she said as Kris stared at her "But what about you, what about our parents?" he asked as Amber laughed "My parents never wanted me to marry anway, it was your father, go we'll take care of him" she said as Kris smiled and hugged her. 

"Thank you, so much" he whispered to her as he began to walk down the aisle "NO I WILL NOT HAVE THIS, MARRY THEM AND LET THAT BE THAT" shouted his father as he stepped out of his seat "THERE WILL BE NO WEDDING" shouted Amber's father as he and other guests began to walk out of their seats and stepped in front of Kris. "Looks like you have your objections" shouted Kris as he turned around and ran out of the church a free man but as he stepped outside he skidded to a stop 'Wait... where is she going to be?' he thought to himself and then he remembered the card that her father had given to him and he took it out of his pocket and looked at the address on the card "Looks like she's there" he said aloud as he ran to a taxi and told the driver where to go. As he got closer to the hotel he began to think of the perfect time to go see her, "Looks like you came" said Sophie's father as Kris turned around and nodded his head as her father smiled "Follow me then" he said as Kris began to speak to him and the two began to plan.