Meeting the father

Maid for each other

No one's POV: 

Kris and Mrs Li had finally arrived in Shanghai, his request being met when he and her were taken to a hotel a lllooooonnggg way away from his parents. "How is your room?" he asked Mrs Li as he went to check on her "Just fine, going out anywhere?" she asked "Just going to have a quick walk around the area, want to join me?" asked Kris as Mrs Li shook her head "I'm going to rest for a while, have fun" she replied as Kris nodded and began his exploration of Shanghai. About an hour later and all he had managed to do was have a look at Fuxing Park before looking to see what the city itself had to show, as he looked around he walked past a  restaurant and as he looked in it wasnt how posh it looked that caught his attention but the huge picture hanging up on the wall inside and, curiosity getting the better of him, he ventured inside to have a look. 

As he went up closer to have a better look at the picture he could see a mother and a father with their child standing outside at sunset, the picture had to be old because the clothes they were wearing looked as if it was from the late 90's early 00's. As he got a better look his eyes widened for he instantly recognised who the little girl was... and where he was... "Do you like it?" asked a voice behind him and when he turned around saw a man staring at the picture to "Yes, its lovely" replied Kris as the man smiled "It's of me and my family, the little girl is our daughter Sophie we adopted her from England" said the man as Kris heart began to beat even faster. "So you're Fah Bao-Zhi?" he asked as the man looked at him for a second, "Yes I am" he says before adding "But no one has called me by my first name in a while". "Your daughter worked for me" said Kris as Sophie's father finally realised who he was "You must be Kris" he said as Kris nodded and expected him to be thrown out but instead he felt an arm wrap around his shoulder and lead him to a table in the corner. 

"Stay here, I'll be back in a moment" said Sophie's father as Kris sat down and watched him walk away 'What was that all about?' Kris asked himself as he looked around the restaurant. From looking around he could tell that this wasnt like any other restaurant where you had to be filthy rich to be there, you could be from any background and it gave of a very homey feeling. Soon Sophie's father was back with drinks in hand "Sophie has told me a lot about you" he said as the two of them settled down 'Great' thought Kris as he waited for her father to shout at him for what he did to her... but he didnt. "We heard mostly very good things about you and then we heard about what you did to her, me and her mother dont exactly agree with what you did to her, but we just want to see Sophie happy again... she's been through to much in her life" he said as Kris looked up to see her fathers face turn into sadness "What happened?" asked Kris as her father checked to see if anyone was around before sighing and beginning his story...