So many questions

Maid for each other

Kris' POV: 

I... hate... this... I'm 21 for crying out loud I should be out there partying with my friends, travelling the world and finding a girl to fall in love with not being dragged into my fahters business and expected to take over the day he dies... it's just not me! "Thank you gentlemen we shall wrap things up tomorrow" says my father FINALLY calling an end to the endless meeting that make you want to die because they're so boring! "Kris, come here for a second" says my father as the room empties and its just the two of us "Yes?" I ask him as he rolls his eyes "What was that back there? You had no interest in what others were saying and you were deliberatly ignorning everything that was being said" he said his tone beginning to sound angry "Probably because this isnt what I want to do in life" I tell him as I begin to walk away "You're going to have to live with it son... whether you like it or not" he calls as I open the door "Don't I know it" I reply angrily slamming the door behind me. 

When I get home something isnt right... my bedroom is surprisingly clean... now I know I didnt leave it like this when I left for work this morning... then a smell of noodles enters the room... what's going on here? Mrs Li and the other workers are gone by now so who's that in the kitchen? When I reach the bottom of the stairs I can hear humming from the kitchen and a voice say "Ah there you are" and when I have a look see a girl getting out a plate whilst noodles are being cooked in the background... huh? "YAH WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" I ask her as she jumps, nearly drops the plate and turns to face me. "E-excuse me?" she asks as she holds her chest "I asked what are you doing here?" I repeat "Oh that... I'm the new maid" she says as I think for a second... new maid... OH YEAH the one Mrs Li was talking about... well she's nothing like I pictured her to look like. "What's your name?" I ask her "Sophie, Sophie Baker" she replies... and her Mandarin is VERY good "Where are you from?" I ask her expecting her to say New York or LA or whatever "Shanghai" she replies as I study her for a moment. 

"Not meaning to sound racist, but you dont look Chinese" I say to her as she looks at me confused before nodding "Oh yeah that, I was adpoted when I was seven years old by my Chinese parents, they bought me over here to live with them and I've grown up here since... originally I lived in London" she says as I nod... that explains it then... "What do you do in your spare time?" I ask her "I'm an English teacher at the high school" she replies "So why are you my maid?" I ask her "W-well, half of the wages I make goes to my parents to help them out back home with their restaurant... the appartment I live in now is nice... but there's a house for sale that I really like so I'm taking a second job to combine with the money I earn at the school" she explains as I nod and quickly lose interest before slumping myself down on the sofa in the living room. That's when I feel my phone vibrate and when I check the caller I.D, it's the sad escuse of a father I have "Can't you leave me alone for one minute?" I shout at the phone as I decline his call and chuck my phone on the floor before running a hand through my hair and sighing. 

Sophie's POV: 

Wow, he must have a lot of issues if he's willing to shout at a phone. But I must say, I didn't expect the man of the house to be THIS young! He looks around my age if not older... but with the bags under his eyes he must be overworking himself... When the food is all set on a plate I slowly walk into the living room and place it on the table in front of his sofa along with some chopsticks as he looks up "Eat" I say pointing to the food "It looks like havent in days" I add as he slowly sits up and begins to eat as I walk over to where he chucked his moblie on the floor, pick it up and place it on the table. "You can go home now" he says a while later as I look at the clock... it's only 7:30, "But I dont finish until 9" I reply "Think of this as me letting you out early on your first night" he says as I nod and got to get my coat, "One more thing he says" as I turn to face him "If anyone in the future should knock on this door and say that they're my mother or father... dont and I repeat DONT let them in" he says as his expression changes to seriousness and I can only nod...