A 'mothers' love

Maid for each other

No one's POV: 

The days were counting down quickly until Kris and Amber's wedding, it was already the 27th November and Kris was getting more and more nervous each day. "Your father wants you to meet him later so you can see Amber one last time before the wedding" said Mrs Li as she entered Kris' room to find him lying down on his bed, his head propped up by his arm and his eyes were red, it was obvious that he had been crying. "What's wrong?" asked Mrs Li as she sat on the end of the bed "I've made the biggest mistake of my life... I should have just taken Sophie and run... we could be happy somewhere else right now but instead I broke her heart and I'm suffering just as much" he said as Mrs Li sighed, took his hand and pulled him up so he was sitting next to her and facing her. "For as long as I can remember I have been there to watch you grow and become the lovely man you are now, sometimes I even consider you my own son" she began as Kris smiled, "I know you dont want to do this, but think about who you're doing it for; Sophie, show your father you're willing to do this because you love her and show him that at least you know what love is" she finished and at that moment Kris surprised her by hugging her tightly. 

For a moment she sat there surprised before she hugged him back "Sorry" he said as the two released the hug and Kris blushed slightly "It's fine, now go get ready before your father wonders where you are" she replies as Kris nodded, got up and went to get dressed. As Mrs Li watched him walk away to get ready she thought back to the time she first started working for the Wu family. 

*flashback* 

It was a bright Saturday morning and Mrs Li was just beginning her first shift as housekeeper for the Wu's, all she had been told to do was keep the house clean and make sure there was food set out for them by the time they had arrived home. As it reached around 9:30 am she could hear something creep down the stairs and when she went to have a look saw a little boy staring at her and rubbing his eyes "Who are you?" he asked "I'm the housekeeper" she replied as the boy looked at her "What's your name?" he asked "Mrs Li, what's your name?" she asked "Kris" replied the boy and with that he walked past her and into the kitchen. As Mrs Li stood there confused she could hear a scraping of the chair coming from the kitchen and when she went to have a look she could see Kris climbing onto the chair. 

"What are you doing?" she asked as she pulled him of "Getting cereal for breakfast, mum and dad never make me any so I have to do it myself" he replied as Mrs Li quickly put the chair away, "Your mum and dad NEVER make you breaskfast?" she asked as he shook his head "It's been like that for a while now... but I get use to it" he said sadly as he shrugged and Mrs Li suddenly felt sorry for the boy. "Go watch some T.V and I'll make you some breakfast" she said as his face lit up "Really?" he asked as Mrs Li nodded "I think pancakes will be in order" she said as Kris smiled and ran out into the living room as Mrs Li was set upon making him a good breakfast. Soon Kris was sat down eating two very large pancakes with one left over as Mrs Li watched him happily as she sipped her tea, that's when she heard the plate being pushed towards her and when she looked down she saw one pancake left over "You can have that one" he said as she nodded and began to eat as Kris watched her the whole time. When she finished Kris ran back up to his room as she began to clean up and soon after Kris came running back down and into the kitchen as he took Mrs Li's hand. 

"Can we go to the park for a while?" he asked as Mrs Li thought for a moment 'Well I've done most of my jobs anyway' she thought to herself as she nodded and Kris smiled as he began to drag her out the house for it had been a while since he was last there. Since that day the two of them began to build a strong 'mother-son' relationship, at times Kris was mistaken for Mrs Li's actual son and whilst she would blush and politely tell people she wasnt his mother Kris would laugh and agree with them because to him, she was the only person who had cared for him and actually bothered to bring him up. For every school event she was there for him in his parents place and she was the one who stayed with him whilst everyone else left him...