Thank God I'm a Dreamer

Ordinary Story

 

Yuri's POV

I and Yoong got shooed by Taeng Oppa.  Hihihi I knew it from the way Taeng Oppa gave us the signs, there must be something he hid. But what is it? Hmm... I put my thumb and my index finger on my chin, rubbed it on a rhythm.

 "Yuri! Yuri! Yuri!" Yoong waved his hand in front of my face.

 "… Huh? Yeah? What's up, Yoong?" I looked at him.

 "Did you hear me?" Yoong asked me and I shook my head.

He inhaled a deep breath, sighed loudly,"Hhh... Aigoo our Yuri is deaf... Aigoo... Sob sob..." He shook his head and put both of his hands on his face.

"YAAAH!" I pinched both of his cheeks, very hard.

 "Mweeee Mwyuiii, sowwrryiiee.." He tried to escape by shaking his head. It just made him looked funnier.

I laughed so hard till my tummy felt hurt. "HAHA. Your face!" I pointed to his face while still laughed out loud.

 He rubbed his cheeks and pouted. "Aigoo our Yoongie is mad.. Forgive Yuri? Please?" I pouted my lower lips cutely.

 "Hahaha, okay, apology accepted! Omo! It's almost the time! Come here, Yuri!" He held my hand and took me to a new sport car.

 "Whose is this car, Yoong?" I asked him in awe.

"I rented this car last night, it's for our trip today! Come on!" He opened the passenger seat and bowed like what bellboy did to the customer in hotels.

“Woow!” I amazed by the interior of this red sport car.

But there’s something wrong with this car, it has more seats on the back, but it was blocked by a thick black cloth, I can’t peek either, but I don’t try to look at it anymore since Yoong said this car was rented. Come to think of it, how sweet of Yoong, rented a car for our trip today. WAIT, our trip?

“Yoong?” I touched his arm to get his attention.

“Hmm?” He answered me while still scratched his head and tried to find something.

“Wait, what are you doing there?” I stretched my head to his seat, joined him on what he’s doing now.

“Ngg.. promise me, you won’t laugh at me?” He turned his head to me now and raised his pinky finger.

I nodded and raised my pinky finger.

“Hhh…” He sighed before intertwining our pinky fingers.

“So? What did you do?” I asked him while our pinky fingers had intertwined to each other.

“I was…………” I continued his sentence,”You were…?”

“Well… I WAS LOOKING FOR THE MANUAL OR SOMETHING THAT CAN TELL ME HOW TO START THE ENGINE!” He made some unknown motion with his free hand and turned his head around the steer.

I hung my head lower and lower. I suppressed my want to laugh. I promised him. Promises are made not to be broke. That’s why even when my body shook a little, I still kept my mouth shut.

“You can laugh if you want to… I’m stupid, I knew it. I think now I know why you never looked at me as a guy, as a man you can rely on to, a man you can trust, a man you can…love…” Yoong smiled weakly.

Aigoo my Yoongie… My desires to laugh had all gone. All of them. Now I felt sorry to him, I made him felt like that.

 “Yoongie…? Sorry, well I gotta admit it, that was kinda silly, but you know that your silliness is one of many things that kept us close for these two years. I like silly Yoongie, I like stupid Yoongie, I like dorky Yoongie, I like all the things about you, Yoong. You’re my best friend, my only best friend.” I touched his arm, rubbed it up and down softly, smiled to him, try to lighten up his mood.

Yoong looked at his arm, then looked into my eyes, I felt something different from before. We stared for each other a lot. Giving sign to each other with our eyes, laugh heartedly while prank some of our friends or glared at each other, but that was kinda in a friendship way, the way how best friends, partner in crime, pranking duo, should do. But today, this stare, it is different. I felt… hope in Yoong’s stare? His eyes seemed to try to reach me, try to wake me and it was succeed. I felt something awoken in my chest, something warm, something I can’t describe. Is it love?

“Aish Yuri! You don’t know me then, I was playing with you. I’m fine, yes you’re my best friend and will always be my only best friend! HEHEHEHEHE Okay, I’ll find the button to start the engine then let’s go go go!” He smiled widely and pumped his fist to air. But I knew, he faked all that happy  go go actions.

Finally, he can start the engine and we’re slowly left Soshi High.

“Yoong, are we going home?” I asked him while leaned my head to the fluffy pillow he brought.

“Of course not! If we’re just going home, then why should I bo..i mean rented this car?!” Yoong answered me with a dorky grin of him. Well, dorky Yoong was back!

“Just sleep, I’ll wake you up when we’re arrive, okay?” I nodded and started to go to the dreamland.

 

Yoong’s POV

Best friend, huh? Is that the best that I can be for you, Yuri? Is it? I felt my heart broke into pieces everytime I heard you said that BF things. BF, stands for Best Friend, when will it stands for Boy Friend…? I asked myself and turned my head to the girl I always loved beside me. Time, please slow down, I want to stare at her more, I want to watch her sleeping, I want to be beside her more, even if I just considered as her best friend, nothing more.

We’re arrived at the secret place that I won’t tell anyone about this place, hiihihi. Well, the place isn’t a secret place, but the things in it were secret! I want to wake her up, but I spent a little more time, I her hair down, I caressed her face, I want you to be mine, Yuri. Suddenly, she stirred a bit, I shifted my seat position

”Hey Yuri! We’ve arrived! But waiiiitt!! Close your eyes! NOW! DON’T PEEK!” I tied a blindfold to her head, making sure she can’t see anything but darkness.

“Here, hold my hand. HAHAHA Don’t pout or I will leave you alone here!” I treated her and got a hit on my chest.

“Yah yah yah!! Yoong!! Where is it? Are you kidnapping me now?!” Yuri held my hand tighter. HAHAHAHA I felt like her boyfriend already, WTH, No, I shouldn’t feel like, I HAVE TO be her Boy Friend, I convinced myself.

“Yuri, we aren’t so far away from the car, but let me tell you, there’s a pond full of water in front of you, be careful. Wait here, I want to take some things.” I warned her and left her slowly then run to the car.

I opened the car’s door, pick some things, opened the baggage and settle some other things. I whistled to some people that I called before, ooouuw perfect! They were just, PERFECT! Then I ran to Yuri again.

“Yuri, do you know what I feel about you now? Ngg, since two years ago to be exact.” I asked her from her back.

“Hmm… I don’t know. I don’t want to conclude or overly confident.” Yuri shrugged her shoulders.

“Then I’ll show you, what I was feeling till now.” Then I pushed her to the pond.

“YAAH!! *blup blup* YOONG! *blup blup* HEY YOONG! What were you doing?! At least open the blindfold first!!” She was shocked at first but managed to float and swim well.

I jumped to the pool, held her and brought her back to the pond side. She opened her blindfold harshly,”What did you mean, Yoong?! Were you trying to kill me?!”

I chuckled a bit,”No, Yuri. I won’t kill you, I won’t kill someone that I really loved for two years now. Yes, Kwon Yuri, I am in love with you.” I held her hand while she blushed but yanked my hands away.

“So why did you push me into the pool?!” I smiled,”To let you know what I felt these two years. I was shocked at first when I realized that I was interested in you, but then I managed to live the life, but still… all I can see is the darkness, I can shout, I can laugh, I can smile, but I can’t see anything but darkness. Because I don’t have you, because you just consider me as your best friend, because you’re not in love with me.” I let it all out. I caressed her face, I wiped the water from her face and hair.

She stayed silent for some moments but then she got up and smiled,”Yah you silly Yoongie, I always wait for a prince charming to come and asked me out, but what can I do when I fell for stupid, silly, dorky yet handsome prince called Jung Yoong?”

OH. MY. GOD.  My eyes got widened,”Are…you sure? THIS ISN’T A DREAM?” I pinched my own cheek,”AAW! IT HURTS! IT’S REAL! YOU’RE IN LOVE WITH ME? SERIOUSLY? I WASN’T PREPARED FOR THIS, I MEAN, I JUST WANTED TO CONFESS!!”

She smiled and kissed my reddened cheek,”Yes, my ex best friend.”

I frowned at that,”No, please don’t do this, I just want to confess, I do still want to be your best friend..”

“No, I don’t want to. I want you to be my boy friend, how’s that sound?” She raised both of her eyebrows up and down playfully.

“AH! REALLY?!” I hugged her tightly then motion to some people to start the show.

Then 50 people wearing Mickey Mouse costume ran to us.

“MICKEEY!!!” She squealed like a fangirl. Well she is.

All of the Mickey Mouse (s) circled us, some of them played an intro with their guitar, keyboard and other instruments…

Jason Mraz
Lucky 

Do you hear me, 
I'm talking to you
Across the water across the deep blue ocean
Under the open sky oh my, baby I'm trying
Boy I hear you in my dreams
I feel your whisper across the sea
I keep you with me in my heart
You make it easier when life gets hard

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again 

They don't know how long it takes
Waiting for a love like this
Every time we say goodbye
I wish we had one more kiss
I'll wait for you I promise you, I will
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/j/jason_mraz/lucky.html ]
I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
I'm lucky we're in love in every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday

And so I'm sailing through the sea
To an island where we'll meet
You'll hear the music fill the air
I'll put a flower in your hair
Though the breezes through trees 
Move so pretty you're all I see
As the world keeps spinning round
You hold me right here right now

I'm lucky I'm in love with my best friend
Lucky to have been where I have been
Lucky to be coming home again
I'm lucky we're in love in every way
Lucky to have stayed where we have stayed
Lucky to be coming home someday

 

We danced dorkily while Mickey Mouse(s) played music and sang. We were in our own world, smiled to each other, hugged each other, held each other hand like we never met for 100 years.

I felt so lucky to have her, I felt so lucky to have this opportunity to make her smile like this.

When the song is ended, I ran to the chairs near the rented car, I picked two big Mickey Mouse Doll that I hid in back of the car, I kneeled down in front of her,”So, if you want to be mine, please pick the smiling one, but if you don’t want to, well… I hope not, but still, well okay, OKAY, HMM… pick the frowning one.” I closed my eyes……………..

DEG DEG DEG OH COME ON……………………..

DUGEUN DUGEUN DUGEUN PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE………………………

Then I felt she picked the frowning one, I can hear my heart shattered to pieces, I can hear some,”NOOOO…” sounds from the Mickey Mouse wanna be(s).

I hung my head low till I felt she picked the smiling one too, then I realized, she threw them all to somewhere then grabbed my collar,”I pick you, my Prince not so charming” She whispered then hugged me so tight.

YOU KNOW WHAT, GUYS?! THAT WAS LIKE MY DREAM CAME TRUE!

I hugged her back, lifted her up,”YAAAH YOONG!!” I can hear her screamed, I can hear the Mickeys sang the song again, some of them teased us, but I DON’T CARE!

 “Yoong, when did you prepare for all of this?” Now we’re hand in hand, walked and watched the calm atmosphere of the night carnival alone.

“Hmm… Two days ago. HEHEHE” I grinned while thought of the hectic preparations yesterday. We passed the Roller coaster and Bumping Car and kept walking.

“What?! Wow, that was fast!” She shocked in awe.

“Well, That’s The Mighty Awesome Handsome But Don’t Like Threesomes Jung Yoong! HEHEHEHE” She hit my arm lightly.

“You know what, I prepared two kinds of situations, if you refused to be my girlfriend, The Mickeys gonna sing That’s What Friends Are For. HAHAHA. I’m very happy to be accepted by you. I really meant it. I love you, Yuri.” I held her hand and kissed her forehead.

She hugged me and whispered quietly,”I love you too, my silly Yoong.” But still, with the power of love, I can still managed to hear her beautiful voice.

In front of this amusement park, in front of the place which is full of dreams, I made my dream come true. Thank God I’m a Dreamer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

TBC…

Whew!

What do you guys think?

I made it till my eyes reddened…

I felt so sleepy right now, but here, chapter 16, only for you guys!

HEHEHE.

Well, comment or message or kiss me! *I’m not in my right mind*

Till we meet again! :D