The Math Book

My Heroine

I'M SORRY!!!!! *BOWS 90-degrees, NON-STOP* It's been a long time. Just read the last chapter so you can recall the story. hehe. THIS IS WHAT I HATE ABOUT UPDATING SLOW. My readers might forgot the story. Well, it's just from my experience. I hope you're still with me in this fic. ^_^ hehe. Mianhae Mianhae!!! PLEASE FORGIVE THIS LAZY AUTHOR. I'm just too caught up with school. >.<

 

Sorry for the errors. Comment, Subscribe, Upvote, ENJOY~






Chapter 14

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

Sunny walked lifelessly on the campus. She feels so empty and drained for the last three days. Her mind kept repeating the scenes that happened at that day. The same day that she lost her friend- her best friend. Her heart can’t help but feel a pang of guilt as she picture Taeyeon’s face as she say those ruthless words.

 

 

 

“Kim Taeyeon… I hate you.”

 

 

 

She closed her eyes tightly, praying that it was just temporary. It only just came to her that she had made a big mistake. During those three days without Taeyeon, she realized that she can’t live without the dorky midget that always comforted her and made her smile.

 

When she saw them at the corridor that day, when Taeyeon was punching the hell out of Hyomin, Sunny felt infuriated. Her anger rose up that her mind didn’t know what exactly she was doing. She doesn’t even know the whole story but she already made up her conclusion. She doesn’t believe every word that Taeyeon has to say. Her brain was closed. She didn’t hear her explanations because she had already made up her mind.

 

 

 

 

 

I’m ing stupid. Sunny thought.

 

 

 

 

 

*Flashback*

 

 

Sunny carried a half unconscious Hyomin to the latter’s car. She laid her at the passenger’s seat and inspected her for injuries. Sunny furrowed her eyebrows worriedly seeing that her face was literally smashed by Taeyeon. Hyomin has a cut on her lips and right eyebrow. And a purplish bruise on the left cheek. Drops of blood were also trickling out of her left nostril.

 

Hyomin leaned away from her and stopped her from probing any further. She weakly turned her gaze towards Sunny.

 

“Stay… away… from me.”

 

“But.. Hyomin-ah. You have wounds! I need to treat them as soon as possible.”

 

“I said stay away!” Hyomin shouted at her. “If this is what I’ll get for being with you, I’d rather break up with you! You’re not even worth my injuries! Are you that stupid, huh? I’m just using you for the past year that we’re together. But you’re TOO stupid to even know that you’re stupid!”

 

“Hyomin-ah….”

 

“Okay, I guess I need to spell it out for you. I. Don’t. Love. You. I never loved you and never will.”

 

*SLAP*

 

“Why…” Sunny’s tears flowed out of her eyes.

 

“I guess, I deserved that.” Hyomin said as she tightened her jaw.

 

“Why are you doing this to me? Why… If it’s because of what Taeyeon did to you, then I’ll make sure that this will not happen again. Just don’t… say that.” Sunny choked on her tears. Her tears kept falling continuously.

 

“Stop being so blind! You’re so dumb that’s why you lose the true person that loves you unconditionally.”

 

“What-“

 

“Can’t you see that Taeyeon loves you?”

 

 

Sunny stared at Hyomin blankly as the truth unfolds in front of her.

 

 

“She loves you for as long as I can remember. The way she looks at you and the way she cares about you were the perfect signs of it.”

 

“That’s not true. We’re just friends…”

 

“No, she loves you and I can see it….”

 

 

Sunny just can’t say anything. How can she be so blind? All this time, she never thought that her best friend has that kind of feelings for her. Sunny kept mum.

 

 

“I just accepted you because for once I want to win against her… Kim Taeyeon was always the best when it comes to all; leading a group, academics, singing, ALL! I tried so hard to come first but she’s always one step ahead of me. She beats me every time and I always come second! Do you know how much it hurts when I try so hard but I always look like a second-rate, every ing time?!”

 

 

 

“…”

 

 

 

 

“Then I heard the news that you like me ever since you saw me. I know that I can use you to take revenge on Taeyeon so I used that chance.”

 

 

 

The shorter girl couldn’t believe everything that she said. Suddenly, it all became clear to Sunny’s eyes. The empty kisses, the casual hug, the blank stares from Hyomin. How can she be so dim to tell that the latter did not really love her?

 

Then the face of Taeyeon flashed before her eyes, a laughing and happy Taeyeon- her caring, gentle eyes that watches her every time; her firm shoulders that was always ready for her tears; her inviting arms that swiftly wrapped around her when she feels upset.

 

Hyomin was her girlfriend so she was supposed to be on her side…. Right? But after hearing everything straight from the latter’s mouth, she felt the most stupid person.

 

Sunny ran and left Hyomin. She ran as fast as she can, away from everyone; away from her ex-girlfriend, and away from her first heartbreak.

 

 

 

 

When Sunny was out of sight, Hyomin mumbled to herself. “I did a favor to you Kim Taeyeon.”

 

 

 

 

 

It always comes to this. Hyomin will break her heart then Sunny will cry and ran away. But this time, it’s different. This will be the last time that Sunny will weep for her. They already had a closure. It’s the end. It’s over. There’s nothing left for their story.

 

Sunny sprinted and let her tears fall uncontrollably. She doesn’t have anyone right now. She’s on her own now. There’s no Taeyeon to cry on.

 

 

 

 

*End of Flashback

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sunny closed her eyes, remembering those hurtful scenes, and kept her tears from falling. It all sunk in to her brain that Hyomin didn’t really love her. She just realized her mistakes from the beginning. She wasted her time for the wrong person

 

 

She had realized that she needs to apologize to Taeyeon. She did an awful mistake and all she could do right now is to ask for her forgiveness. The least thing that Sunny wants to happen is to lose the girl. They had been through a lot and just because of someone; their friendship has a crack right now. And Sunny will do anything just to prevent it from breaking.

 

 

 

 

Sunny dialed Taeyeon’s phone number.

 

 

Calling Taeyeon-ah:3…

 

 

“This is Taeyeon…. just leave a message after the beep.” Sunny only heard the empty voice of Kim Taeyeon on the voicemail. She quickly ended the call.

 

 

Even her voicemail sounds depressed. She thought.

 

 

 

 

Not being able to talk to Taeyeon through the phone, she opted to message her.

 

 

 

To: Taeyeon-ah:3

 

Tae, we need to talk. Let’s meet at the waiting shed near the school gate. If you still consider me as your best friend, you would go. If you won’t come, even so, I’ll still wait for you. I really hope that you will be able to talk.

 

 

 

*Message Sent*

 

 

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

 

Yoona’s POV

 

 

 

 

Yuri and I were walking, hand in hand. We are official now. Yes, she’s mine now so back off! Hehe. Sorry for being possessive. But can you blame me? IF you have a hot girlfriend like her, you might be more horrible than me.

 

These past few days, my mind kept singing the song, ‘Don’t cha wish your girlfriend was hot like mine…. Don’t cha baby don’t cha~’ haha. Yes, I did revised the lyrics a little.

 

I was about to sing another line of ‘Don’t Cha’ when my Yuri woke me up from my thoughts.

 

“Baby~ Isn’t that Sunny?” She unlaced her hand and pointed at a direction.

 

I looked towards where she was pointing at and saw a short, blonde girl. She was sitting on the waiting shed with a frown on her face while looking down. I already know ‘Sunny,’ even though we haven’t met because Yuri told me everything when we had our ‘little date.’ And it includes the girl named Sunny.

 

“Let’s ask her.” Before I could even respond, she held my hand and dragged me towards the sulking blonde’s direction. Yuri and Sunny were somewhat acquainted with each other so Yuri must felt slightly worried to the girl also, after hearing what happened to her and Taeyeon.

 

“Hey, Sunny.” Yuri called.

 

“Hey.” She said with a weak smile.

 

“By the way, she’s Yoona, my first and last girlfriend and my soon to be wife.” Yuri introduced me to her.

 

“Nice to meet you.” Sunny gave a short smile.

 

“Nice to meet you too, unnie.” I bowed at Sunny while blushing because of what my mushy girlfriend said.

 

 

I turned to Yuri, after I had introduced to Sunny unnie. “When did I agree to be your wife?”

 

“You don’t like?”

 

I shook my head playfully.

 

“I’ll make you change your mind eventually. Hehe.” Yuri confidently said.

 

I looked at Sunny and I can feel something in her eyes when she was looking at us. Was it envy, jealousness, or regret? I can’t really read her eyes. It’s like a mixture of the three.

 

 

“Waiting for your ride?” Yuri asked her

 

 

“Uh no..”

 

 

“Why are you here.”

 

 

“I’m waiting for Taeyeon.”

 

 

 

 

 

Ohhh… Yuri and I looked at each other knowingly.

 

 

We need to do something for them.

 

 

****

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

 

Jessica arrived in front of the Hwang’s house an hour ago. She was still inside her car and she kept on calling the brunette but her call was always transferred to voicemail.

 

“Yoboseyo? Sorry if I can’t speak to you right now, just leave a message after the beep.”

 

Voicemail Again?! Aish!

 

 

She got out of her car and looked at the window on the second floor.

 

 

“Yah! Tiffany Hwang. Where are you right now? I’m here in front of your house. The lights are off so I assume that you still haven’t got home yet. Go home N. O. W.”

 

 

She pressed a button harshly on her phone to end the voicemail. Jessica was half furious, half worried. And the thing is, she’s not used to this kind of emotions. Only Tiffany made her feel that.

 

Jessica sat on the gutter, in front of Hwang’s house. It feels really cold because it’s already 7pm but she wants to wait outside, instead inside of her car, because she thinks that if Tiffany arrived, the latter will notice her or the other way around. The night was freezing every inch of her muscle but the feeling of being anxious was taking over her because she was so worried about a certain brunette.

 

Jessica didn’t know how long she was waiting for Tiffany and she felt very tired, she leaned her head on her hands and after a while, her eyes slowly closed and sleepiness came to her.

 

 

 

 

 

*After 3 hours*

 

 

 

A warm hand tapped Jessica’s shoulder. The blonde woke up from her sleep; she has a red nose and her body was shivering because of the coldness.

 

“Sica, why are you sleeping here? A girl like you must not be in the streets this late? Tsk.” Mr. Hwang reprimanded the blonde but the concerned tone is evident on his words. Mr. Hwang was always at home at 8pm but now was different because he has a report to finish so he worked overtime. And when he got outside of his car, which is not that luxurious, he saw a figure sitting, sleeping in the gutter in front of his house.

 

“Uh… I-

 

Jessica looked at her watch. Omo! It’s been three hours?

 

       … Mr- I mean Appa, is Tiffany…… already home right now?” Jessica said as she quivered.”

 

“Why are you shivering? How long have you been here? Tiffany messaged me earlier and she said that she got home already.”

 

“Oh really.. Hmmm... Perhaps, I didn’t notice her because I was sleeping… Oh! Appa, I’m here because I need to give Tiffany her book.” Jessica opened her car door and took Tiffany’s book. She handed it to Mr. Hwang. “We have a quiz tomorrow so… she needs it to study.” Mr. Hwang smiled at Jessica’s caring nature.

 

 

“Achooo!” Jessica sneezed.

 

“Are you okay, Sica? You should take care of yourself.” He said to her.

 

“I’m fine, Appa. Thanks for the concern. Since I already gave the book, I’ll be going now. Annyeong Appa.”

 

Jessica was surprised when Mr. Hwang suddenly gave her a fatherly hug.

 

“Take care of yourself, kid.” He broke the hug and bid goodbye.

 

Jessica smiled as she got inside her car. She nodded slightly. Her engine roared and soon after, her car was gone in the streets.

 

Tiffany’s father unlocked their house’s door and went straight to Tiffany’s room, carrying the book that Jessica gave. The door was open so he got inside, the lights were off but he can see Tiffany standing beside the windows.

 

“Haven’t you seen Sica outside our house when you came home?” Her father asked her.

 

Tiffany turned around with a grim face. “I did.”

 

“She gave me this. She said that you have a quiz tomorrow and you need this.” Mr. Hwang put the book on the nightstand beside Tiffany’s bed. “What’s wrong, Miyoung-ah.”

 

“I’m just confused right now, Appa.”

 

“What’s bothering you?”

 

“Hmmm…”

 

“Come on, you can tell anything to me.”

 

“Appa, what if other people said that you should stay away from a certain person, what will you do? And if you don’t do what they say, they will do something bad.”

 

“Hmm well….. if you let them order you around then you won’t enjoy life. It’s like living without a life. Each of us is given our own discretion. Don’t let others hold you back because even I, your father, never dictate your life because I know that time will come, I will leave you in this world and you have to do everything on your own. They say experience is the best teacher so I let you free. You need to decide on your own. If you don’t want to do something then don’t do it. They don’t have the right to dictate you because they don’t own your life and as far as I can remember, I did not sell you to someone.” Mr. Hwang tried to joke.

 

“Appa…” Tiffany ran to her father and hugged him. “Thank you so much for being my father. Even if mom is not here with us anymore, you did a great job on taking care of me.”

 

 

“Anything for my princess… But…. I guess she is someone else’s princess now.” Mr. Hwang faked a frown.

 

Tiffany leaned away from her father and asked, “What are you talking about, Appa?”

 

“J-E-S-S-I-C-A J-U-N-G”

 

The girl immediately blushed.

 

“Fany, you should check on your girlfriend. I think she stayed too long outside.”

 

“Oh…” Tiffany remembered the blonde and what she did awhile ago. Jessica waited for hours outside their house without proper clothing for a cold night. Actually, the brunette was inside the house all this time. Tiffany went straight to their house after class. She closed the lights and curtains when she heard the sound of Jessica’s car engine. She was planning on avoiding Jessica so she didn’t answer her calls nor she didn’t come out to meet her. Her mind says that it’s better to stay away from her but her heart shouts that she should talk with her and clear everything.

 

Now, if the blonde got sick, it was all because of her. She could just message her and say, go away; or just confront her and say, I don’t want you to be close to you. But Tiffany is a coward. She can’t do it because she is a coward. A coward, which hides behind her blinds in her room, watching the other girl freeze from the night. All the while, Tiffany was inside her room, beside the windows, watching Jessica shiver and rub her hands because of the cold.

 

 

 

 

“Hmmm… Okay, Appa.”

 

 

 

 

“Goodnight, Fany-ah” Mr. Hwang kissed her on her forehead and headed outside.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Tiffany was left alone in her room, her face suddenly turned sad again, noticing the book resting on her night stand.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Jessi… Why are you doing this?” Tiffany mumbled with confusion.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The blonde’s actions these past few days were puzzling her. Why did Jessica have to do all the things she did? Can’t she just ignore the brunette? Can’t she just let Tiffany live in peace? Away from all the fangirls, away from everything that can hurt her. She was already slapped by a fair share of cruel words and harsh treatment from the blonde’s fans.

And the least thing that she wants to happen is to let it that thing occur again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Why are your doing this to me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TBC ^.^

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Should I just let Sunyeon be together on the next chapter or some of you want Taeyeon to avoid Sunny (for one chapter only.  Just to let Sunny realize sumthin'. hehe. Revenge it is :D) Just comment it. Whichever side got the most, I'll be complying with it. ^_^

Btw, I'll be laying out Jessi's wishes one by one, okay?

What will happen to Jessi and Tiffany, now? haha. Let's see.. *zips mouth*

 

 

REPLIES:

kolagirl Haha. Yeah! Let's see what happens when the ice prince knows about the slapping incident. *smirk. I'm getting chills just by thinking about it. >.<

babystrawb3 Thanks for the comment. Yeah. It breaks my heart when Tiff is ignoring Jessi. TT.TT

soshi_bliss I'm so proud you unnie!!! Can you teach me the magic of the eeny miney mo method? hahaha. XD Thanks for the comment!!!

KalakiMae HAHA. Thanks for commenting! I'm so sorry if I let you wait that long for this update. Mianhae Mianhae. *bows bows bows*

PJShin  haha. I'll take your wish as one. haha. Thanks!

mooking Thanks for the comment. I might consider your wish as well. >.< But I'm not really, sure.

Snsdlover27 Oh man... Sorry I can't grant a fluffy jeti in this chapter. OMG Those puppy dog eyes! I'll try to write fluffy Jeti next chapter, okay? AISH! I'm really weak when it comes to aegyo. >.<

aznsone93  I promise you that those bullies will get what they deserve.*smirk* weeee. Sophomore? Cool. haha. You must be smart at accounting. Can you be my tutor? lol >.< haha

JeTiLoVe  OMG. I so love long comments! I love you for that.haha. I just made up the Jessified forum, I don't know if there is an existing community site or what. I just got it from SOSHIFIED and changed it. ^.^ Thank you for the comment on the previous chapter. Btw, I'm waiting for your comment, now!

soonyu haha. You want me to send Tae to you? You'll try to console Taeyeon? hehe. Let's see.... Are you a boy or a girl? Midget or not? Things like that. Don't blame me if you see your name on the next chapter, HAHAHA XD 

taeminsunnylover Yeah. Yoonyul is overly cute! Even me, I was having butterflies in my stomach while writing their part. hehe.

tacobell4life" These two girls! Jessica! Tiffany! Beautiful human beings together! " haha. I feel you bro!!! *pats the shoulder* I don't know what will happen to me if there's no JeTi.

Soshistorm hehe. Thanks for commenting my idol-author. haha. Wait for it. Those bullies won't get away with what they did to my Tiffany. I mean, Jessi's Tiffany. ^____^

aqilahAR Hell yes! There is! TIffany was the first one to watch the re-showing of Legally blonde. And I saw some people talking on twitter that Jessi pointed at the audience at some point and it was the direction of Tiff. And when they are doing the curtain call, Jessi did the twinkle dance step (with your hands below your chin and your fingers are moving in sync) while looking at Jellyfish!!! KYAAAAA

spicydimsum I-I h-h-have a fan, now? o.O ..................................WOOHOO!!! *victory dance. Spicydimsum, I officially declare you as my first ever fan... haha. You're the first person that said that, "I'm your fan." hehe. I'm so touched. Hey, don't worry I did not feel bored while reading your comment. Actually, I enjoyed it. I had a thing for long comments. hahaha. Thank you so much. Oh no, there's this thing again. "TBC ^.^" haha ^__________^

AsukaEnergetic Thank you for liking my fic. Yes, yes, and yes. Jeti are meant to be... Those fangirls are really a pain in the as*. Wait for the next chapter, okay? hehe. ^.^