Let's Fake It

She's Into , So Call Me Gay

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key's POV

I crossed my arms and watched Jonghyun walk towards us.

"I've decided, I'll date you," he said solemnly before holding his hand out.

Beside me, Hyo Min jumped and grabbed his hand.

"Uh...I was holding my hand out for the headphones," Jonghyun said pointedly.

Hyo Min rolled her eyes before releasing his hand and handing him the bag from A-Yo music store.

"See you at school then. Maybe we'll be paired up for the project," she said sweetly before shooting me a venomous glare. What the hell? And what project?

As soon as she was gone, I dragged Jonghyun away.

"What the hell were you thinking?!" I screeched, whacking him on the head with a bag.

"Calm down!" he pleaded before grabbing Taemin and using him as a human shield.

"Hyung, it's fine! We have a plan!" Taemin held his hands up in defense.

I raised an eyebrow mockingly.

"Let me guess: try to make Eun Ha jealous?" I placed my hands on my hips then removed them. Damn. Pretending to be Jonghyun's boyfriend is messing with my manliness!

"Sort of," Taemin grinned, "but not quite."

"Are you going to tell me then?" I tapped my foot impatiently.

"No. You'll probably freak out," Jonghyun shook his head furiously.

Huh?

"Because he's going to act super lovey-dovey with Hyo Min to show Eun Ha what a great boyfriend he'd make!" Taemin said happily.

...Super...lovey-dovey..?

"WHAT?!"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

"Have you gone crazy?!" Key shook me by the shoulders while Taemin rocked back and forth on his feet.

"Why? It should work, right?" I was starting to doubt Taemin's plan. Minho and Key have always been the smart ones. And Taemin's...well he's Taemin.

"Work?! She thinks you're gay! Unless you tell her the freaking truth, she won't ever fall for you!" Key began sobbing.

"Then I'll be stuck as your gay boyfriend forever and I'll never fall in love," he moaned helplessly before collapsing into Taemin.

"I'll tell her after she falls for me," I repeated.

Key ignored me and kept complaining to Taemin, who gently patted his back.

I raised my arm to pat Key's shoulder, but someone grabbed me instead.

"Hey! I see you got Eun Ha's birthday present," Minho said cheerfully. He had changed out of his uniform and was holding a bunch of movies and some balloons.

Key immediately straightened up.

"You are not going to believe how he got it," Key began walking towards us.

Minho raised an eyebrow curiously.

Not good. When Key starts, he can't be stopped.

"He told Hyo Min he'd date her if she gave him the headphones," Key pointed at me accusingly.

Minho's jaw dropped open.

"Are you serious?!" he shook my by the shoulders.

Seriously, if this continues, my brain is going to fall out.

"Yup," Taemin answered for me.

With a loud sigh, Minho took a step backwards and glanced at his watch.

"I would stand here lecturing you about how you shouldn't lie," he groaned, "But we need to get to your apartment."

"Right!" Taemin's eyes suddenly lit up.

"Why?" Key and I asked simultaneously.

"I told Eun Ha all of us would sleep over since we can't celebrate with her tomorrow. Since we have school and all," Taemin grinned.

"I was against it," Minho said while fighting a grin, "But then Taemin said I'd get to see you in your new pajamas."

Key immediately doubled over laughing.

"He did change his pajamas!" he jumped up excitedly, "I saw!"

I facepalmed myself.

It's going to be one long night.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eun Ha's POV

I looked up from my phone and tapped Onew on the shoulder.

"Taemin messaged me saying they're already at the apartment," I grinned.

"Good thing I live across from you guys. I forgot my sleepover bag," Onew mumbled before putting on his seatbelt.

I leaned back in the car seat and smiled.

"How did they know that tomorrow is my birthday?" I wondered aloud. I guess that explains Jonghyun's not-subtle phone call...

"Taemin has good memory. I told him awhile back during basketball camp," Onew explained while he started the car, "Since your birthdays are so close together."

"Right! That's why I made him this cupcake at work!" I proudly showed Onew the cupcake. I had drawn Taemin's face in the frosting.

"Is it...edible?" he raised an eyebrow skeptically before laughing.

Rolling my eyes with a smile, I put the box away.

"Just drive and try not to run over any chickens crossing the road," I snickered.

"They really do that?!"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Taemin's POV

"Surprise!" we yelled as soon as the front door to the apartment opened.

We were sitting on the brand new couch in front a brand new flat screen t.v.

The cake Key made was on the table along with the hairbrush from me, the headphones Jonghyun traded himself for, and the red balloons from Minho.

"Happy almost birthday Noona!" I jumped up from my seat to hug her, but Jonghyun pushed ahead of me and got to her first.

The others eyed him amusedly.

"Happy almost birthday!" he said happily before handing her his gift.

"Thank you!" Eun Ha leaped up and hugged him.

I narrowed my eyes.

I was supposed to be the first one to greet her!

Ooooo hyung, you are going to regret pushing past me!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Minho's POV

"I rented these movies since Taemin told me he's your favorite actor," I said to Eun Ha, whose eyes widened excitedly.

"Thank you!" she gave me a huge bear hug.

Jonghyun's lip began trembling and he looked super pissed.

Crap.

"Haha you're welcome," I laughed weakly before prying myself out of her grip.

"That's right! Isn't he your ideal guy?" Taemin asked innocently.

Eun Ha's ears immediately reddened and she furiously shook her head.

"Well I made you this cake. Try it!" Key shot Jonghyun a smirk before feeding Eun Ha a forkful of cake.

Jonghyun looked like a volcano about to explode.

"Aww my dongsaeng is growing up! The only thing I can give you is my love," Onew said tearfully before crushing Eun Ha in his arms.

"Okay, let's start the movie!" I cut in quickly. Quick before Jonghyun erupts.

I glanced at my watch and saw that it was an hour till midnight.

With a small yawn, I pressed the play button.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Taemin's POV

Ten minutes later, Onew was lightly snoring on the floor, clutching Key's arm.

Suppressing a laugh, I peered at Minho next. He was sitting on the floor with his back against the couch. His eyes were closed.

His expression was stern even in his sleep! Scary!

Key had a pillow over his face, but it's obvious he's sleeping.

Eun Ha and Jonghyun had their eyes glued to the television.

Jonghyun's eyes were fluttering close, but he fought to keep them open. Every couple of minutes, he glanced at the clock that hung on the wall.

Hmph. I know what he's waiting for.

I let a smile spread over my lips. Too bad his plan is going to fail!

"I'll get us some drinks," I stood up and stretched.

Eun Ha paused the movie and got up too.

"I'll just go wash my face. I'm getting sleepy," Eun Ha walked to the bathroom.

Quick as lightning, I ran to the kitchen while Jonghyun closed his eyes and rested.

I grabbed a water bottle for Eun Ha then put two cups of juice on a tray for Jonghyun and me.

Then, I pulled the small plastic bag out of my pocket.

If I only put it in one, Jonghyun might end up taking the other cup...

With a frown, I put the contents of the bag in both cups.

I just won't drink from mine.

With that, I walked back to the couch. Eun Ha was still in the bathroom.

"Here," I held out the tray to Jonghyun, who gulped his juice down without hesitation.

Excellent.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

"Uh, why do you have that creepy smile on your face," I raised an eyebrow at Taemin.

"Huh? I do not have a creepy smile!" he pouted.

Uh huh. Sure...

"So, why are you staying up so late. You're obviously not interested in the movie," Taemin smirked.

Shoot. Did he see me glaring every time the lead guy appeared?

"Well, I really want to be the first one to wish Eun Ha 'Happy Birthday.' And I'm sorry I pushed you out of the way. I just really wanted to be the first one," I mumbled, feeling my face turn red.

"Oh..." Taemin's tone made me look up.

His eyes were wide and he was biting his lip.

"Well, staying up till midnight might be hard," he began nervously before gulping his juice down to clear his throat.

"Why?" I furrowed my forehead.

"Sorry, but I sort of drugged your drink," Taemin said guiltily.

What?!

"Y-you drugged my drink?!" I almost screeched, but I remembered that the rest were sleeping and Eun Ha was in the bathroom.

"Only with sleeping pills! I wanted you to fall asleep so I'd be the first to greet Eun Ha!" Taemin said defensively.

"How did you even know what cup I was going to take?" I shook him by the shoulders. All of a sudden, I felt my eyelids getting heavier.

"I put the sleeping pills in both of the cups. Duh," Taemin said proudly.

...

"Idiot! You drank out of your cup too!" I shrieked.

Taemin's eyes widened and he glanced at his cup, which was empty.

"Oh my god!" he clutched his head, "M-my p-pla...."

Thud.

He fell back onto the couch and began breathing deeply.

He was sleeping.

What the hell?

What kind of sleeping pills did he buy?!

Just then, Eun Ha walked out of the bathroom. Her hair was tied up and she was in pajamas.

"I thought it'd be more comfortable to watch the movie this way," she explained before noticing Taemin, "He fell asleep?"

I nodded, barely able to keep my head up.

It was still forty minutes till midnight! My eyes were already closing.

"I have something to tell you!" I grabbed Eun Ha's hand urgently and took her to the wall beside the clock.

Please don't let me fall asleep yet.

With some difficulty, I managed to get up on a chair and take the clock down.

Eun Ha watched me with a raised eyebrow.

Fighting to keep my eyes open, I changed the time from 11:20 p.m. to 12 a.m.

With that, I turned around to face her.

"Happy Birthday Eun Ha," I said softly.

Then, I passed out.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eun Ha's POV

My eyes widened when Jonghyun crashed into me.

My eyes widened. He fell asleep?!

Taking a deep breath, I dragged him to his bed and pulled his blankets over him.

"Did you try to stay up just so you could wish me 'Happy Birthday?'" I grinned, poking his cheek.

He stirred in his sleep and I couldn't tear my eyes away from his face.

High cheekbones, sharp jaw line, perfect lips. His hair is so soft too.

Aish! Why am I thinking these things?!

Jonghyun is Key's. Key's!

He's Key's boyfriend and he's just my roommate!

Then why does it feel like I'm falling for him?!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key's POV

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed, shooting up.

"What?!" Minho was immediately on his feet.

Suddenly, I felt a weird sensation on my arm.

I looked down and saw Onew chewing on it.

"Drumstick..." he murmured.

"What the hell?! Get off!" I screeched, jumping up onto the couch.

"Ouch!" Taemin yanked his foot out from under me and sat up.

"What happened?" Minho shook me by the shoulders.

"It's 7:40 and school starts in twenty minutes!" I shrieked before running to the bathroom.

"We can't be late!" I heard Taemin land on the floor.

Then, somebody started banging on the bathroom door.

"Key let me in, I need to change!" Onew begged desperately.

"No!" I ignored him and began brushing my hair. As soon as I was done, I pulled fresh clothes out of my bag and changed.

When I swung the door to the bathroom open, Onew ran in immediately.

Taemin and Minho were scrambling on the floor, frantically packing their backpacks for school.

"Shoot! I didn't do any homework," Taemin wailed.

Minho's eyes widened at the word homework.

"My French project with Jonghyun! I didn't seem him do his part!" he gasped.

"Jonghyun! Get up!" I ran to his side of the room to wake him, but stopped short.

He was buried under his blankets while Eun Ha slept beside him.

What the heck did those two do last night after I dozed off?!

Aish! Whatever!

"Get up, we're running late," I shook Eun Ha gently.

Her eyes fluttered gently then she focused on me.

"Umma? Can I have waffles for breakfast?" she said sleepily before falling towards me.

"Huh?" I caught her in my arms and tried to shake her awake.

"What the heck are you doing?!" Jonghyun snapped.

Great. Now he's awake.

"Wake her up! It's 7:40 and we have twenty minutes to get to school," I handed him Eun Ha then began packing my backpack.

When we were all ready, I shoved everyone into Onew's car.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

"Why does that clock say 7:20?" Key pointed to the huge clock on one of the campus buildings.

We're forty minutes early. Forty minutes...

Oh no.

"Jonghyun changed the time on our clock last night," Eun Ha explained before I could stop her.

"What?!" Key growled, taking a step towards me, "You mean my hair isn't properly styled because you—"

"Oppa!" a girl suddenly jumped out of nowhere and grabbed my arm. Key stopped mid-sentence. Around us, people stopped to stare.

"H-Hyo Min," my eyes widened.

Not good, not good! I still haven't explained to Eun Ha.

"Good morning," Hyo Min greeted everyone before her eyes widened at Eun Ha.

"Oh, Unnie! You're here!" she said in surprise, "I haven't seen you in awhile!"

Unnie?

"You know her?" I addressed Eun Ha, who looked confused.

She eyed the two of us curiously.

"Yeah. Hyo Min is my cousin," she said slowly, "How do you know her?"

Oh. That explains a lot.

Wait...

COUSIN?!

My jaw dropped open as I turned to look at Hyo Min.

She grabbed my hand before taking a step towards Eun Ha.

"Don't tell my mom, but Jonghyun oppa is my boyfriend," Hyo Min whispered into Eun Ha's ear.

"You boyfriend..." Eun Ha said slowly before turning to look at me, "Jonghyun...is your boyfriend."

Then, she turned to look at Key.

Great.

I'm screwed.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key's POV

The bell rang, but none of us moved.

The things I do for Jonghyun.

With a sigh, I grabbed Eun Ha.

"It's complicated, but it's not what it looks like. I'll tell you in class," I whispered.

Then, I turned to Jonghyun, who was still panicking.

"I'll explain to her," I gave him my you-are-so-lucky-to-have-a-friend-like-me look.

"We should get to class then," Onew said awkwardly.

Right. Onew. I guess I need to explain to him too.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hyo Min's POV

"So how do you know Eun Ha?" I raised an eyebrow at him with a smile.

"She's a friend," he shrugged, obviously distracted.

"So how long have you guys been related?" he blurted out.

I let out a laugh.

"Uh, since birth obviously," I snickered.

"Right..." he hit himself on the forehead.

"So, shall we go to the gym together, boyfriend?" I said happily.

"Just so you know, I'm only doing this for the headphones," Jonghyun reminded me.

I shrugged.

"Don't worry. Sooner or later, you'll fall for me," I smirked, linking my arm with his.

"Doubt it. Anyways, I need to go to homeroom," he tried to pull away.

I didn't let go.

"No you don't. In a minute or so, there'll be an announcement telling all third-years to go to the gym," I began dragging him away.

Sure enough, the P.A. system crackled to life.

"All third-years, please report to the gym."

"Told you," I sang.

With a frown, Jonghyun let me lead him away.

I can't believe he hasn't fallen for me yet!

Well if luck is on my side during this project, then Jonghyun will definitely fall in love with me.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key's POV

"So let me get this straight," Eun Ha brushed the hair out of her eyes while Onew listened attentively.

"Jonghyun doesn't want people to suspect he's gay, so he asked Hyo Min to be his girlfriend. And you're fine with it," she wrinkled her nose.

No. I'm not fine with it. The idiot just needs to 'fess up and stop dragging me into things.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Well, it's none of my business who Hyo Min dates," Eun Ha shrugged, "But are you really okay seeing Jonghyun with someone else?"

Shoot.

She looks so concerned right now. Guilt is starting to eat me alive.

Stupid Jonghyun.

"I'm fine," I grinned. Eun Ha nodded slowly before walking towards the gym with Taemin and Minho.

That leaves me and Onew. He has to get his books out of his locker first.

While I waited for him to remember his combination, a couple passed by.

"Okay, I'm coming!"

I whipped my head around at the sound of the dinosaur's voice.

Like all the other third-years, he was heading towards the gym.

Openly holding hands with Hyo Min.

And is he actually smiling now?!

Is Jonghyun really going to do this?!

"We have to spy on him. That girl is not laying a hand on my boyfriend," I snarled.

Onew grinned, suddenly beside me.

"Don't worry. I have the connections. We can easily spy on them." he said wickedly.

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow.

He shrugged.

"I'm sort of a professional prowler," he said seriously, handing me a business card.

"Shadow Inc." was written across the top in big bold letters.

Underneath it were some details:

Lee Jinki (Onew)

-Professional Follower

-Specializes in tracking people down

-Stealthy like a ninja

-Will get the job done

-Please contact Mr. Park if you encounter many problems.

Prowler. Follower.

"That's your job?! You're a stalker-for-hire?!" I screeched.

Apparently not a very good one either. "Please contact Mr. Park if you encounter MANY problems."

He immediately clamped a hand around my mouth.

"Quiet! It's a secret," he looked around quickly.

"A secret? You have a freaking business card! How is that a secret?!" I backed away.

"Look, do you want to spy on Jonghyun or not?" he asked exasperatedly.

Well...

Only so I can make sure he doesn't get too carried away.

Seriously, Hyo Min is slowing everything down! She's just making everything more complicated!

Plus...

If he could just easily pretend that he's dating Hyo Min so people won't think he's gay, WHY THE HELL DID HE NEED ME TO PLAY THE PART OF HIS GAY BOYFRIEND?!

The new plan is to make Eun Ha see how great of a boyfriend he'd make? Now, I have no role at all?!

So why the hell did you make me pretend to be gay?!

Kim Jonghyun, you think you can kick me out of your life...I mean, you think you can kick me out of your plan so easily?!

Well exes don't just disappear.

I'll definitely come up with a plan to make you regret fake-dating Hyo Min!

"Yes. Yes, I do," I answered Onew with a smile.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Next Chapter Preview:

-

"Why me?" I raised an eyebrow calmly.

Inside though, I was jumping with joy. Out of all the people, I'm with Jonghyun AND I get to be the baby? Luck is definitely on my side!

"Well, you're failing the class," the teacher said pointedly.

Oh. I totally forgot about that...

"So," she continued with a wicked smile, "Frustrate Kim Jonghyun and play your part perfectly. If you do I'll give you an A."

-

"I told you from the start, I'm against this plan!" I muttered under my breath.

"Shouldn't you be glad? I thought you wanted me and Eun Ha to get together as soon as possible?" Jonghyun raised an eyebrow.

I would be glad. If I thought this plan was going to work.

But Hyo Min looks like she has no intentions of leaving Jonghyun. And...

"Eun Ha won't even see you when you go on dates with Hyo Min. How is she supposed to know what a 'great boyfriend' you'd make?" I smirked triumphantly.

Jonghyun's jaw dropped open.

He really hasn't thought this through, has he?

-

"You want me to date you?" her eyes widened in disbelief, "Why?!"

"Because, people are starting to suspect I'm gay too. And I don't want that to happen," I bit my lip, "Plus I'm getting jealous of Hyo Min. Maybe if I pretend to date you, Jonghyun will be jealous too!"

-

"Oh, yeah! Key hyung wants to tag along," I smirked, "You know, double date."

Jonghyun raised an eyebrow.

"Who's his date?" he furrowed his forehead.

"Eun Ha," I grinned.

-

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 Hey guys! I know it's been awhile! Sorry X)

But I just finished my story, "Once Upon A Fairytale" starring Key and the rest of SHINee!

I know the title sounds cliche, but the story is not (hopefully)! So give it a chance? X)

Anyways, I'll start updating this story again, like I promised, since I finished Key's story!

I hope you guys liked the chapter!

Please comment and subscribe :DD

Next chapter will be more interesting! Promise X)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬