The Rides

She's Into , So Call Me Gay

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eun Ha's POV

"Are you alright?" I looked at Key cautiously. He was clinging to my arm while the line inched forward. In front of us, Jonghyun kept trying to look back. Hyo Min kept yanking him forward though.

"I'm fine," Key replied unconvincingly before slowly straightening up, "Why? Would you prefer it if I did this?"

He let go of my arm then hugged me from behind by the waist.

"It's fine, don't be scared," he said soothingly.

I stifled a laugh.

"Me, scared? Looks like you're the one about to pass out," I elbowed him softly.

"Okay, fine, maybe I'm a LITTLE scared," Key let go of me and stared up at the rollercoaster. It was almost our turn.

"Do you need to throw up into a trash can?" I offered jokingly.

"No but I need to get a drink," he grabbed me by the shoulders, "So save my place in line, okay?"

"Fine, hurry back though," I nodded and watched him bolt out of line.

Scared of rollercoasters? LOL Who knew even guys have that cute side to them?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key's POV

Okay, now that I'm out of Eun Ha's sight...

OHMYGOD WHAT AM I GONNA DO?! I CAN'T GO ON THAT ROLLERCOASTER!

I'm gonna end up dying! Or worse...I'll start crying and Eun Ha will think I'm a sissy who can't even handle a few drops!

Okay, calm down Key! You can do this!

I mean, if Hyo Min can go, I can too, right?

But she's a GIRL! Jonghyun's not gonna care if she cuts off the circulation in his arm. Eun Ha on the other hand probably won't like it if I cling to her the whole time.

But I might enjoy it...

Gaaaaaah! But that's just gonna make her think I'm gayer than what Jonghyun already made me out to be!

Okay. Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

Crap. I REALLY think I'm gonna puke now.

"Dude, you look like you're about to pass out," a voice suddenly spoke up from my right.

I looked up and saw Taemin staring at me.

"What are you doing here?" I widened my eyes.

"Watching you hyperventilate into a trash can," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Since you're obviously stalking me and you have nothing else to do, go tell Eun Ha I'll be back in two minutes. And save my spot in line, alright?" I sighed. I should have known he'd spy on our "date."

"Fine," Taemin agreed with a laugh, "But hurry. You don't want to miss the ride!"

As soon as he was gone, I grabbed my hair.

OHMYGOD, why the hell does Taemin have to be here too?! More witnesses to my embarrassment!

CRAAAAP. This is not good. You know whose fault this is? THAT FREAKING DINOSAUR KIM JONGHYUN!

I have to be strong!

I don't want my level of manliness to go down!

I don't want Eun Ha to think I can't even handle a little rollercoaster!

I can do this! Key, HWAITING!

Okay, let's go!

With a deep breath, I started jogging back towards the line.

Suddenly, someone hooked their arm around my elbow then yanked me backwards.

"Where do you think you're going?" Onew leered at me.

What the hell is he doing here?!

"He saw you hugging Eun Ha on the big screen," Minho explained, popping out from behind Onew.

HUH?

"I can't believe you'd take advantage of her like that! Just because you're into Jonghyun doesn't mean you can hug her whenever you want!" Onew shook me by the shoulders.

"I was not taking advantage of her!" I replied hotly.

"So...you were...really scared?" Onew scratched his head in confusion.

GULP.

"Of course not!" I shot back.

"SO YOU WERE PRETENDING!" Onew flared up again.

"No!" I shook my head furiously.

"So...you weren't pretending..?" Onew wrinkled his forehead.

"Wooooow," Minho shook his head slowly, "Have fun with your discussion guys. I'm so outta here."

"So which is it?!" Onew demanded.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Taemin's POV

I spotted the line for the rollercoaster then saw Eun Ha.

"Eun Ha!" I practically jumped on her back, "What's up?"

"Who the hell are you?!" the girl turned around and began backing away.

CRAAAAAP. Wrong person.

"Sorry!" I apologized quickly, "I thought you were someone else!"

With that, I began scanning the line again.

AHA! They're by the front.

I jogged up to them quickly then tapped Eun Ha on the shoulder.

"Oh, hey Taemin!" she raised an eyebrow, "Why are you here?"

Phew. For a second I thought I was gonna get the wrong girl again.

"Key hyung asked me to save his spot in line. He's still...doing whatever it is he said he was gonna do," I said slowly.

Eun Ha wrinkled her forehead.

"Well that because," she took a step forward and for the first time I noticed that we were at the VERY front, "It's our turn."

With that, the gate swung open and the four of us were pushed forward. Hyo Min looked like she was about to pass out.

"Step right in," the employee sighed in boredom.

As soon as Jonghyun and Hyo Min were seated in a row, Eun Ha took the next row.

Then, the guy turned to me.

"What's the hold up?" he demanded, his finger ready to push the button that launched the ride.

"What?! You've got it wrong," I gasped, "I'm just holding my friend's place in line!"

"You're holding everyone up kid," the guy didn't even listen. Instead, he pushed me forward and put the shoulder bars over me.

"Guess you're taking Key's place," Eun Ha still managed to shrug even though she was already strapped in.

"But I'm—AHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH

We shot forward quickly and started ascending the first hill.

"OHMYGOD LET ME OFF!" I screeched, "LET ME OFF!"

"OHMYGOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Onew's POV

"Promise not to hit on Eun Ha again?" I stared at Key sternly.

I had to change the subject because we seriously were going NOWHERE.

He glanced at his watch impatiently.

"Fine, promise!" he threw his hands up in defeat, "Can I go now? I'm gonna miss the ride!"

"Pinky promise?" I held my pink out.

With a roll of his eyes, Key hooked his pinky around mine.

"Perfect. Now let's go," I started walking towards the rollercoaster.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"What the heck happened?" my jaw dropped open.

Beside me, Key wore an identical expression.

We were by the exit of the rollercoaster ride.

Hyo Min was on the ground breathing heavily.

Jonghyun was taking quick breaths and rubbing his arm.

And Taemin was hugging Eun Ha, who was shaking with laughter.

"I c-can't believe you screamed the WHOLE ride," Eun Ha gasped, still patting Taemin's back.

"You went on the ride?" Key spoke up.

At the sound of his voice, Taemin let go of Eun Ha.

"YOU!" Taemin took an unsteady step forward.

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT!" Taemin lunged at Key, who immediately started running.

"What happened?" I made my way over to Eun Ha.

Still laughing, she handed me a square photo.

It was a picture of the four of them on the rollercoaster.

Jonghyun's eyes were wide open while Hyo Min's nails practically dug into his arm.

In the row behind them, Eun Ha had her hands up...while Taemin gripped the shoulder bars and screamed into his shoulder.

"Looks like you had fun," I commented with a laugh.

"Yeap," she nodded before straightening up, "So what brings you here?"

CRAP.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

"Are you gonna be alright?" I squatted down next to Hyo Min.

She nodded slowly.

"I'm fine. But I need to sit for awhile," she admitted.

"It's fine," I led her to the bench and sat down next to her.

"If you want, you can go on other rides," Hyo Min rubbed her temples, "I'll just call you when I'm feeling better."

"I don't want to go alone," I shrugged, "So I'll just stay here with you."

"Just go with Unnie," she pointed to Eun Ha, who was scolding Onew, "Key's being chased by Taemin anyways."

It took a few moments for her words to sink in.

Sure enough, Key was nowhere in sight.

"You won't mind?" I was already halfway out of my seat.

"It's fine. I'll ask Onew to stay with me," Hyo Min waved me away with a smile.

YEEEEEEESS!

ALONE TIME, FINALLY!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hyo Min's POV

Hmph. I can't believe he actually left.

"Well, you told him to," Onew pointed out, as if he just read my thoughts.

"He was supposed to decline," I crossed my arms stubbornly.

"You know, I don't think tricks like that work," Onew rolled his eyes, "You should have just been honest. Jonghyun would have stayed."

"Maybe I'm just not an honest person," I shot him a smirk.

"Which is why no guy will EVER like you," a third voice joined in.

I turned around and saw Key smirking down at me. Taemin was happily a huge ice cream cone behind him.

"I don't care what you think," I rolled my eyes and turned away from him.

If I haven't even told Jonghyun the real reason I asked him to be my boyfriend, why should I start being honest?

"So, where's Eun Ha?" Key finally turned to Onew.

I slumped down further in my seat.

"Jonghyun took her to the Ferris Wheel of Love," Onew replied.

"Cheesy name," Taemin cut in.

"F-FERRIS WHEEL OF LOVE?!" I shot up, "Why did they go on a romantic ride?!"

Taemin snickered.

"In case you haven't noticed, EVERY ride in this park is made for COUPLES," he said with a laugh.

"According to the brochure," Onew pulled out a bright pink slip of paper, "The ferris wheel carts are sound proof. Once you get to the top, a song plays and it becomes the couple's song."

This can't be happening. I knew I should have it up and gone on another ride!

"Let's go," Key grabbed Taemin by the elbow.

"Where?" Onew stood up.

"To the ferris wheel," Key frowned, "That dinosaur is soooo getting it."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key's POV

"There they are!" I pointed to the purple cart halfway to the top. I could barely make out Jonghyun's head.

I can't believe he went on the ferris wheel with her! In all the movies, couples ALWAYS kiss in them.

"Too late, they're almost at the top!" Taemin fell to his knees dramatically.

I can't believe I let myself get separated from her.

"Are you jealous?" Taemin glanced over his shoulder with a smirk.

I turned to him and saw that he was looking at ME and not Hyo Min.

CRAAAP.

Of course I'm not jealous of Jonghyun!

"Of course not. Unnie doesn't even like him," Hyo Min rolled her eyes.

"Well, they're almost at the top so we might as well wait for them down here," Onew shrugged.

"Who's almost at the top?" the female employee controlling the ride suddenly raised an eyebrow at us.

"Oh, it's you! The girl Taemin knows!" Onew widened his eyes, "Did we get you in trouble awhile ago?"

"Nope," she shook her head, "But at least it looks like you guys got in without my help."

Hmm....Taemin knows her huh?

"So who's at the top? Your date?" she turned to Taemin.

Pssshhh. He doesn't have a date.

But.....

"Miss, since you know Taemin, can you do us a favor?"" I put my hands together.

"Depends on what it is," she turned to me and raised an eyebrow with a grin.

With a smirk, I walked over to Taemin and reached into his jacket pocket.

"OHMYGOD! I'm sorry I asked if you were jealous!" Taemin screeched, covering his chest.

I rolled my eyes, pulled out his music player and scrolled through his song list.

BINGO.

"It's not what you think," Taemin's eyes widened when he saw the song, "I only put it on there to entertain my little cousin!"

I snickered then turned to the girl.

"Can you put this song on for them?" I asked her sweetly.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

The cart we got a light purple decorated with stylish hearts on the inside. The seat was purple leather and only seated two people, so I had to sit next to Eun Ha.

The seat was also veeeeryy small.

As soon as we both sat down, the ride started. We were practically squished together.

Suddenly, the purple wall in front of us flickered and a t.v. screen appeared.

"Wow, This park is really high end, huh?" Eun Ha said amusedly.

I nodded.

I'm so nervous I can't even talk.

"As you have probably noticed, the seat is small and can be very uncomfortable if you're sitting arm to arm," a voice announced just as a photo of a couple sitting with their arms touching popped up.

"This is the proper way to ride," the voice continued.

A picture of the guy with his arm around the girl's shoulders appeared.

"Please enjoy," the voice finished.

...

You have got to be kidding.

"Are you gonna do it? My arm is getting sore," Eun Ha raised an eyebrow.

Not trusting myself to speak, I put my right arm around her then pulled her closer.

This date, is officially the BEST first date ever!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eun Ha's POV

As soon as Jonghyun put his arm around me, my heart's rhythm immediately changed.

But it's normal. NORMAL!!!

I mean, if any guy was to put his arm around me, my heart would definitely start beating quicker!

It's not just doing it because it's Jonghyun.

And he's dating KEY, for crying out loud!

I have to CONTROL my thoughts.

I glanced at Jonghyun and his perfect face just made my breathing quicken. His skin was so clear, his lips were—

CONTROL.

CONTROL.

"The park looks very pretty from up here," he finally spoke. We were slowly nearing the top.

I snapped out of it and stopped staring at his face.

His voice is so soft and angelic.

NO! MUST. CONTROL. MY. THOUGHTS.

"You look very pretty too, by the way," he grinned, eyeing the outfit Key chose for me.

"T-thanks," I stuttered, looking away. I could feel my whole face reddening.

And in that instant, I let my guard down and one thought flashed through my mind before I could stop it.

Kim Jonghyun is really cute.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

I wish I could have stopped time.

Everything was just so perfect.

Then, the cart stopped. We were at the very top of the ferris wheel. We could see the whole amusement park.

"The song that plays on this ride will be you and your lover's song," a robotic voice announced.

"Our song, huh?" Eun Ha tilted her head while a smile played on her lips.

"Sounds interesting," I managed to say as the ride started again.

Slowly, the ferris wheel began to turn.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed.

Raising an eyebrow, I read the text message I received.

To: Jonghyun

From: Key

Hope you like your song with Eun Ha. Next time, think twice before stealing my date away from me >)

Okay...What was that about?

Eun Ha raised an eyebrow at me.

"Key just sent me a message," I explained.

Suddenly, the intercom in our cart crackled to life and music began playing.

♪  I love you. You love me. We're a happy family. With a great big hug. And a kiss from me to you. Won't you say you love me too? ♪

You have got to be joking.

"Barney?" Eun Ha erupted into laughter.

KEY, YOU ARE SO DEAD WHEN I GET DOWN THERE!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key's POV

"Why do you have Barney on your music player?" Onew looked at Taemin weirdly.

"I told you, it was for my cousin!" Taemin stomped his foot then turned to me, "But wouldn't we change the song now though?"

"To what?" I raised an eyebrow curiously.

"Something that better fits Jonghyun's feelings towards Eun Ha," Taemin whispered, making sure Onew and Hyo Min weren't listening.

"Do you have a song about a guy who comes up with crazy schemes to get the girl he likes?" I snickered.

"I do!" Taemin's eyes lit up and he reached for his music player, which was hooked up to the speakers in Jonghyun and Eun Ha's cart.

Suddenly, an arm stopped him.

"Minho! There you are," Onew grinned, "Where were you?"

"Just eating and walking around," Minho shrugged, "So, you guys messed with their song? Why?"

...

Because I was mad at Jonghyun for stealing Eun Ha away?

But then, that reason makes it seem like I've fallen for her!

"We thought it would be funny," I said sheepishly.

"Well," Minho sighed, "We should fix this and play the perfect song for them."

"They're not even a couple. No song would fit," I crossed my arms stubbornly.

"I can think of one," Minho grinned.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

The Barney song was being replayed for the third time and Eun Ha was still stifling her laughs.

Great.

And this was supposed to be ROMANTIC!

CURSE YOUU KEEEEY!

Just then, the intercom stopped playing music.

"What happened?" I glanced out the window and saw that we were still far from the bottom.

Suddenly, another song started playing.

♪ Don’t wanna hurt nobody
This is a song for you
Skippin’ all the after parties
Girl, I’m goin’ home with you

Don’t even think about it
You gon’ feel what we gon’ do
‘Cause we’ll be falling in love all night long

Said I know she wanna be mine tonight
She should know that I can please mine for life
And we gonna have a good time, yeah
When I tell you girl it’s alright
You gon’ be my girl ♪

"This song sounds really nice," Eun Ha stared at the intercom in wonder.

"So should this be our official song, even though we're not dating?" she said with a smile.

"Sure," I grinned.

And this song is definitely perfect.

Because she should be my girl.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hey guys! How was the chapter? Sorry for the late update. College applications have been taking up my time.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS:

1. I'm glad Jonghyun and SSK are dating but, it does not affect this story at all since this is fiction. Plus they were already dating for a month while I was writing this. So while reading, let's go back to pretending since this is fanfiction after all :) Best wishes to them though. They're both very lucky.

2. As you noticed, there are no chapter previews. Hopefully this will let me update quicker since I won't have to worry about fitting in all the chapter previews into the chapter :)

3. Next chapter will still be in the amusement park. BABY PROJECT starts in the chapter after that :D

4. TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF THE CHAPTER :D

5. JYJ's "Be My Girl" is amazing.

Comment and subscribe!

Love,

Aika

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

By the way, this is what they look like in the story now:

 


▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬