The Jobs

She's Into , So Call Me Gay

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Taemin's POV

I woke up and glanced at my watch. 7 o'clock.

Yawning, I got up and went to the other side of the room to see how things had progressed.

As soon as I was standing over Eun Ha's bed, I sighed.

It's never like this in dramas. Usually, by chance, the main guy ends up snuggling against the main girl.

So why is hyung on the edge of the bed tightly clutching a pillow while Eun Ha peacefully sleeps on the other side?

Do I have to do everything for him?!

Groaning, I bent over and slowly wrenched the pillow out of Jonghyun's grip.

He was wearing a black shirt that would come off easily.

I smiled wickedly. Perfect.

Wow, I sound like a ert...

Okay, continuing..

I quickly pulled his shirt over his head and tossed it aside.

When Eun Ha wakes up wrapped in his bare arms, she'll start swooning for sure. Right?

So carefully, I rolled Jonghyun onto his side and gently pushed him closer to Eun Ha.

Luckily, he was a heavy sleeper. It always amazes me how Key hyung manages to wake him up during basketball camp.

Anyways, when he was only inches away from Eun Ha, who thankfully, hadn't stirred, I put one of his arms around her.

Instinctively, he pulled her closer into a tight hug before settling back into sleep.

Pleased with my work, I went back to Jonghyun's bed.

I'm such a good dongsaeng, right?

Satisfied, I closed my eyes.

Just when I was falling asleep again though, I heard huge thud on the floor.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"I-I'm sorry," Jonghyun stuttered loudly just when I walked over.

He was hastily gathering his blankets while Eun Ha stared at him wide-eyed.

When Jonghyun finally noticed that he was half- he let out a loud yelp and stumbled backwards, pulling on his inside-out shirt.

I mentally groaned.

Usually, the girl is the one who's supposed to be embarrassed when they wake up. How can he not know these things?!

I turned towards Eun Ha to ask what happened, though I already knew, but stopped when I saw that she was blushing crazily and hiding behind her hands.

Wait, don't tell me...

A slow smile spread over my face.

Aha! So it did work!

I knew I couldn't fail!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key's POV

Half-asleep, I rolled over.

I tried to open my eyes, but I was too tired. Right. Because instead of eating a nice dinner and going home, I was trapped in that stairwell with Onew.

As if on cue, Onew woke up at that moment. I heard his feet hit the floor.

I was going to curl up under my blankets and ignore him, but he spoke to himself.

"8 o'clock already? I'm hungry," he mumbled, trying and failing to untangle himself from all the blankets.

When he landed flat on the floor of my apartment, his words finally sunk in.

8 o'clock.

8 o'clock.

I glanced at the pink digital clock that hung on the wall hoping that he was wrong.

He wasn't.

"8 o'clock?! I have to be at work in half an hour!" I screeched jumping out of bed.

Moving at full speed, I popped some toast into the toaster, put on a pot of coffee, and ran to the bathroom.

I took a quick shower and pulled on my uniform, which was basically black pants, a white collared shirt, and a blue tie.

When I emerged exactly six minutes and forty-three seconds later, Onew was still on the couch, yawning.

When he saw me though, he stood up.

"Ah, Key. Before you go, could I ask you something?" he said seriously while I ran around trying to gather my things.

I couldn't appreciate his seriousness though, because I was running late.

"Make it quick please. As you can see, I'm in a hurry," I called over my shoulder, halfway through the front door.

"Okay. Can I move in with you?"

"WHAT?!"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

I hugged Eun Ha.

I hugged Eun Ha.

"Correction: You were passionately embracing her, with your lips at the base of her neck," Taemin smirked as if he had just read my thoughts.

Eun Ha had ran to the kitchen stuttering something about breakfast, so I was free to smack Taemin on the head with a pillow.

But since I was still ridiculously flustered, I missed.

"I didn't know you had it in you," Taemin continued, smirking at me.

"S-shut up and go home," I commanded, looking away.

"Aww hyung. Are you blushing?" he moved in closer, his face full of mock surprise.

I opened my mouth to yell at him some more, but a high screech interrupted me.

"WHAT?!"

At the sound of Key's voice, Taemin, Eun Ha, and I ran out quickly and went to investigate.

He was standing in the hallway dressed in his work clothes, shaking in disbelief while Onew stuttered words that sounded like "misunderstanding" and "adultery."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key's POV

Move in with me?!

Is he freaking serious?!

Trying not to scream, I opened my mouth to ask why. Before I got the question out though, it hit me.

Just so he could keep an eye on Eun Ha? I always knew he was overprotective of her. But this is seriously going too far!

I have no interest in having a roommate!

Onew stood there determined though and waited for my answer.

Oh my god.

This can't be happening! This cannot be happening to me!

There has to be a way for me to scare him off.

Concentrating, I thought of an idea.

Meanwhile, Onew stared at me hopefully.

Come on Key. Think! Think!

I got it!

A slow smile spread on my face.

"If you move in with me, then last night won't be a one night stand, right?" I looked at Onew hopefully.

His eyes widened and he backed away instantly.

"One night stand?! What are you talking about?" he screamed, covering his chest.

I fluttered my eyes at him the way girls do whenever Jonghyun walks by. The fact that I was semi-comfortable doing it freaked me out. But this was not the time to worry about that.

Onew backed up into my apartment door, clearly frightened.

Making sure none of the other tenants were in the hallway, I clasped my hands together.

"I mean, what else would you call last night?" I acted scandalized.

"L-last night?" To my irritation, despite my attempt to make him uncomfortable, Onew still hadn't run away. He usually messes around during basketball practice. But he's all serious now?! He must really want to stay with Eun Ha.

"You know, you came over and slept in my room. It would have been a one night stand...but if you move in with me, we can do it every night," I continued, moving forward to hug him. Do it every night? What am I even talking about?

Onew pushed me away and waved his hands wildly.

"What about Jonghyun?!" Onew finally burst out.

I resisted the urge to laugh. What a dork. Actually worrying about me "cheating" on Jonghyun at a time like this.

"What about Jonghyun?" I tried not to double over laughing at Onew's freaked out expression.

"I-I'm sorry but there has to be some kind of misunderstanding. Oh god, is this adultery?! But I'm not gay!" he finished the sentence with a gasp.

I was about to snap "Then don't move in with me," but someone coughed behind us.

Oh god.

I wheeled around slowly and saw three figures staring at us with raised eyebrows.

"What's going on?" Jonghyun glanced back and forth between me and Onew. Behind him, Taemin and Eun Ha raised their eyebrows at us.

Jonghyun! Thank you!

I ran behind him and pointed an accusing figure at Onew, whose eyes were wide.

"Honey! Onew wants to move in with me. You're against it, right?" I said the last part threateningly.

Bad mistake.

He surveyed the scene quietly before breaking out into a huge smile and turning to me.

"Why would I be?" Jonghyun looked at me in fake surprise, obviously suppressing a smirk.

Why does he have to be so quick?! But then again, we've been friends for so long. He knows I hate having roommates.

I wheeled back around to face Onew.

Suddenly, Eun Ha spoke up.

"Oppa, you're moving in with Key?" Eun Ha tilted her head, confused.

Onew glanced at me nervously before clearing his throat and regaining his composure.

"Only because you need someone to protect you. Living away from your family is a huge deal. That's why I asked Key," he cleared his throat," I swear you have absolutely NOTHING to worry about Jonghyun," Onew promised.

Jonghyun smirked at me.

"Well, if he wants to move in, I'm fine," he grinned with a shrug.

I narrowed my eyes again.

"I mean, after all, I trust you Key," he smiled at me evilly.

"Oh, so it's a yes?" Onew spoke up excitedly.

Beside him, Eun Ha looked at me hopefully.

Taemin was watching the scene with a wide smile.

Jonghyun was smirking and mouthing the word "revenge" over and over.

He is so dead.

"Fine, you can move in," I forced the words through my teeth with a sigh of defeat.

"Thank you! Thank you! You won't regret this...Oh, but shouldn't you go to work now?" Onew pointed to my watch.

Now that he has what he wants, he wants me to leave? Who knows what he'll do in my apartment while I'm gone?!

Still, I glanced at my watch.

Oh my god, he's right! 8:20?!

I'm gonna be late!

"I'll deal with you later," I waved my hands wildly at Jonghyun before running to the elevator.

I have to welcome the new employees today and I can't be late no matter what!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

Yes! I finally got back at Key.

I snickered, imagining him crying in desperation while Onew eats all his chicken.

Revenge is sweet.

While I grinned to myself, Eun Ha walked over to Onew.

"Let me guess. Umma put you up to this?" she placed her hands on her hips and sighed.

Onew furrowed his eyebrows in surprise.

"Of course she didn't! I just want to stay near you," Onew protested.

Eun Ha studied his face carefully before breaking out into a grin.

"Really?! In that case, thanks oppa!" she smiled and hugged Onew tightly.

When she pulled away, Onew sighed.

"Well, since I'm living away from home, I had to get a job," he frowned, "And I should be at work in thirty minutes."

Our eyes widened in surprise.

"No way! You actually got a job at The Grotto?! That expensive chicken place?" Taemin yelled out.

Onew looked like he was going to cry.

"No! What made you think that?!" he nearly wailed.

"I just assumed that The Grotto is your dream place to work," Taemin explained, his eyes wide at Onew's expression.

"Well I wasn't accepted. Apparently, eating chicken is not a specialty," Onew buried his face in Eun Ha's shoulder.

"It's alright Oppa. At least you got a job. So you should probably go. You don't want to be late," Eun Ha said sympathetically.

Onew took a deep breath and finally nodded. I was pretty impressed. I never thought he'd move out of his house. And he got a job too...

"Yeah well, you're right. I still need to go home and change," he sighed, before walking away from us.

I paused.

"Wait. Didn't you go home last night?" I asked suspiciously.

Onew froze and turned back around.

"Uh, well you see. Key..the d-door was locked and uh, our cell phones...It was dark so I..ended up sleeping.  At Key's," Onew said quickly, his words jumbled up.

"Wait...You slept with Key?!" Taemin's jaw dropped open.

"Not on the same bed!" Onew held up his hands in defense.

"No way! How does that work?" Taemin's mouth was still open while he stared at Onew.

"Stupid. He meant he stayed over at Key's apartment. He probably slept on the couch," I rolled my eyes.

Eun Ha laughed.

"Oh. That...makes more sense," Taemin nodded.

Onew rubbed his forehead.

"Anyways, I should go. See you later," he smiled at Eun Ha before getting into the elevator.

As soon as he was gone, Eun Ha turned to me.

"So, is Minho coming over?" she asked hopefully.

I shook my head.

"He has a part time job too," I explained as the three of us walked back into our apartment.

Taemin immediately flopped down on the new couch and the t.v.

Eun Ha stood over him and sighed.

"It feels sort of lonely with three less people," she frowned.

"It's okay Noona. You still have me," Taemin grinned up at Eun Ha.

"Noona?" she raised an eyebrow.

"You're two days older than me," Taemin explained with a smile, putting his arm around her shoulder, "Even though I'm a lot taller."

She rolled her eyes and laughed.

I tried to contain my jealousy.

I'm not jealous that Taemin's close to Eun Ha. I know he just thinks of her as a friend. He's just doing this because he knows I can't do anything about it.

So basically, I'm jealous that he can be so close to her.

Man, he really enjoys seeing me suffer. He's worse than Key.

Hmm, maybe...

My eyes lit up with an idea.

Clearing my throat, I raised my voice.

"Taemin, could you stop doing that? Are you trying to make Minho jealous?" I scolded him.

Taemin froze and turned to me.

"What?" he gulped.

"I mean, just because he's at work doesn't mean you can flirt with Eun Ha," I continued.

Eun Ha looked at Taemin in shock.

"You're with Minho?" she raised her eyebrows.

"Of course not! He's lying!" Taemin glared at me.

"Wait, so you didn't tell her?" my jaw dropped open.

Taemin put on a huge smile and walked over to me.

"What are you doing?!" he whispered.

"Stop flirting with her!" I hissed back.

"I was not flirting," he said innocently.

"What's with the "noona" and "you still have me" and the shoulder touching then?" I listed, making sure Eun Ha couldn't hear. Luckily, she let us talk privately.

"Why? Were you jealous?" Taemin smirked happily.

"N-no!"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Taemin's POV

"Well if you weren't jealous, then I don't see what the problem is," I replied calmly, teasing him.

He stopped, speechless.

Man, his expression is priceless.

"I'm just kidding. I just wanted to see how you'd react," I finally laughed when I couldn't take it anymore.

"Now tell Eun Ha I'm not with Minho hyung!" I whined into his ear.

When he realized I was messing with him, Jonghyun snapped out of it and we walked over to Eun Ha, who was waiting for an explanation.

Jonghyun opened his mouth, then closed it slowly.

I elbowed him in the ribs, but he was still trying to work out what he to say.

"I'm not dating Minho. I'm straight," I began, glaring at Jonghyun.

"Right!" Jonghyun continued, "Taemin just...really... wants a girlfriend."

I furrowed my eyebrows. I do?

Jonghyun smirked at me.

"He's REALLY desperate," he ruffled my hair sympathetically.

What?!

"Minho wants one too. He actually has more admirers than Taemin," Jonghyun added.

"What does that have to do with anything?" I frowned at him. And that is so not true! Tons of girls want me!

"But Minho can't get a girlfriend until after graduation...so he'd be jealous if Taemin started dating you," Jonghyun finished and flashed me a smirk.

How could he?! After I did all those things so he could get closer to Eun Ha!

Hmm...

"Still noona, we can date in secret so Minho won't be mad," I grinned, feeling Jonghyun tense up beside me.

"Are you asking me out?" Eun Ha looked at me amusedly.

Jonghyun stared at us in horror.

I didn't answer for a few seconds. Let him freak out a bit more. Hmph. That's what he gets for making me out to be a desperate girl-chaser!

"I was just kidding. After all, I know you already have someone you like," I winked at her. Of course I was referring to a guy from this movie we watched together (she thought he was a little good-looking), but Jonghyun didn't need to know that.

"Anyways, I should go hyung. Bye!" I smiled at Jonghyun evilly before walking out.

This is getting way too fun.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

"Are you all right?" Eun Ha called from her side of the room.

She was getting ready to leave since she had to go to work.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine," I called back uncertainly.

What I was really thinking was: No, I'm not fine. I want to know who the guy you like is!

Suddenly, she appeared in front of me.

My jaw immediately dropped open.

"What are you wearing?!" I nearly screeched, leaping up to my feet.

"My uniform?" she shot me a confused look.

You have got to be kidding. What kind of job requires you to wear a ridiculously short skirt?! Her smooth long legs were on full display.

"Well, I should go now," Eun Ha's voice shifted my attention from her legs to her face.

This is bad. She looks amazingly pretty, sweet, innocent...

A perfect target for erts!

"You can't!" I said quickly, grabbing her arm.

"Why not?" she scrunched her nose up.

"Uh, because..." I tried not to stutter, "You need me to drive you!"

"You don't have a car..." she laughed, pulling away.

Shoot. She's right.

"But if you want, you can ride the train with me," she suggested with a shrug.

"Okay!" I agreed quickly.

There's no way I'm letting her go to work alone looking like that.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key's POV

"Hey," I grinned casually to the customers before walking behind the counter of the bakery shop.

I gulped nervously once I reached the employees only area though. The shop's manager, Mrs. Kim was waiting for me behind the curtain that hid the kitchen.

Bad sign.

Cautiously, I walked in. I made sure to keep the curtain open so there'd be witnesses.

"Hello," I greeted her politely before shakily putting on my apron.

"Do you know what time it is?" she whispered without preamble, suddenly behind me.

"Past the time I was supposed to be here?" I managed to squeak out, wheeling around to face her.

Mrs. Kim is this gentle-looking old lady with granny glasses. She makes amazing sweets and her shop has only the best. But underneath her sweet old lady exterior, she's all business. Seriously, she could be a mafia boss.

So her shop is called "The Bakery." Not a catchy name. Nobody would give it a second glance. Until they see the employees that is.

Mrs. Kim only hires extremely good-looking staff. We're supposed to attract customers. Her food would do the rest.

I used to work with this girl named...well I don't remember her name. All the guys went crazy for her. Except me obviously. She wasn't really my type.

Anyways, she moved so Mrs. Kim decided she'd hire new waitresses...

"That's right. You are late," she huffed, casting me an annoyed glance.

I breathed a huge sigh of relief, glad she didn't explode.

"So, where are the new employees?" I changed the subject, raising an eyebrow.

She rolled her eyes and pointed to a group of girls gossiping around a round table by the shop's entrance.

"All I can say, is that they're very pretty. And tons of guys have come in and become customers just so they can stare," she shrugged, walking over to the cash register.

My jaw dropped open. Sure enough, there was already a lot of cash in it.

I examined the girls with renewed interest.

My eyes nearly popped out.

"They're the new employees?!" I turned to my manager frantically.

"Yup," she answered me proudly.

I gulped.

Jonghyun is not going to like this.

Just then, Eun Ha walked into the shop.

"Oh, and there's the other new employee," the manager clapped her hands lightly.

He is definitely not going to like this.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eun Ha's POV

"I'll be fine," I laughed, trying to shake Jonghyun off.

We were standing in front of "The Bakery" and he wouldn't let go of my arm. We were definitely making a scene.

A bunch of girls were crowding around drooling.

Some guys were watching too. I guess even men are attracted to him..?

Anyways...

"Are you sure?" he asked for the fifteenth time, still hanging onto me.

"Yes mom," I rolled my eyes, "You're just like Onew!"

He looked shocked at the Onew comparison and before he could compose himself, I ran in.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. See you after my shift," I called back quickly, still grinning.

Why am I so happy that Jonghyun saw me off? And he seems concerned about me, which is sweet...

But he's already with Key!

I seriously need to stop thinking these things.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key's POV

Without thinking, I ducked behind the counter the moment Eun Ha stepped in. From my spot, I could see Jonghyun anxiously pacing in front of the shop. Wearing pajamas.

I groaned. He probably stalked her here or something.

Just then, Minho and Taemin came strolling down the street. Minho wasn't in his work uniform. Taemin was wearing red pants, a black wife beater, and a leather vest with matching boots. What the heck...

Making sure Eun Ha couldn't see my face, I ran out of the shop and pulled Jonghyun behind a bush.

"What are you doing here?! And why are you in your pajamas?" I shook him by the shoulders.

"Me?! what are you doing here? And for your information I had no time to change" Jonghyun retorted.

"First off, you can never NOT have enough time to change! And 'for your information' I work here," I scoffed.

"Seriously, how could you not know that hyung?" Taemin appeared behind me with Minho.

Jonghyun opened his mouth to reply but stopped when he saw Taemin's clothes.

"What are you wearing?" Jonghyun looked scandalized.

Taemin scoffed and ran his hand through his hair.

"It's the male version of a stripper uniform, obviously. How can you be so clueless?" Taemin laughed.

...

"You're kidding, right?" Minho narrowed his eyes.

"Obviously," I sighed while Taemin burst out laughing.

"I just wanted to try the bad boy look. The guy Eun Ha likes dresses just like this," he smirked, throwing Jonghyun a significant look.

Jonghyun on the other hand wasn't paying attention. Instead, he was pacing back and forth.

"What is it with people and dressing crazily today?!" he muttered under his breath.

I nodded in agreement.

"You're wearing pajamas, Taemin's dressed like he's going clubbing, and Eun Ha's wearing "The Bakery's" uniform," I finished, just as Jonghyun's head shot up.

"So you guys are working together?" he widened his eyes.

I nodded.

"Then I'll apply too," he began walking towards the shop.

I pulled him back immediately and glanced at the shop window where Eun Ha and the other girls were talking.

Jonghyun is definitely good-looking enough to work there but...

"You might want to rethink that..." I said slowly.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

"Why?" I raised an eyebrow at Key.

He sighed and gave me his diva look.

"First off, you can't apply for a job in your pajamas," Key scoffed, flipping his bangs out of his hair.

"Anything else?" I sighed, tugging on my shirt, which I noticed was inside-out.

Key nodded with a wicked grin.

"If you walk in, Girlfriend #1 will probably attack you. Girlfriend #2 will probably start crying and Girlfriend #3 will probably try to get back together with you," he nodded in the direction of the bakery.

I gulped.

Sure enough, the three vaguely familiar girls were chatting with Eun Ha, wearing the same uniforms.

"Hyung! Your player past is coming back to haunt you," Taemin pointed at me accusingly.

"I don't even remember dating any of them," I nearly screamed, grasping the empty air.

Key rolled his eyes.

"The mark of a true player. Doesn't remember his ex girlfriends," he stage whispered to Minho, who turned to me disapprovingly.

"I thought you only loved Eun Ha," he frowned.

"Uh, I only dated them to try to make Eun Ha jealous," I muttered guiltily.

"Yeah, well that should work now. Oh! But doesn't Eun Ha think you're gay?" Key asked sarcastically.

"She'll think you're a liar," Taemin sighed with a shrug.

My jaw dropped open. He was right.

"Key what do I do?!" I turned to him frantically.

"Uh, confess you were never gay. Say you only pretended because you knew she only liked gay guys. Then, ask her out?" he said simply, tilting his head.

"She'll get mad at you for lying though!" Taemin jumped in quickly before backing away with a nervous grin.

"You know what, do what you want. I'm going back to work," Key scoffed, turning around.

"What's the hurry?" Minho raised an eyebrow suspiciously.

"He wants to stare at Eun Ha in her super hot uniform!" Taemin suddenly yelled out.

"WHAT?!" Key's jaw dropped open, "Of course not! You're the one who wants to!"

"Aha! So you admit she looks hot!," Taemin stuck his tongue out.

"Yah! Stop talking about my future girlfriend like that," I narrowed my eyes at Taemin, who immediately shut up.

"Anyways..." Minho stifled a laugh, "My break's almost over, so I should go."

Key checked his watch.

"Me too," he said quickly, running back into the bakery.

I turned to Taemin.

"What about you?" I sighed in defeat.

"I'm going to buy Eun Ha's birthday present at the mall since her birthday is tomorrow. I know she wants something from this store called Lucifer. But the employees there look all tough and bad-boy like. So I decided to wear this so I wouldn't look out of place," he grinned happily.

Well that explains a lot.

But...

"Wait. Eun Ha's birthday is tomorrow?!" I screeched.

Taemin looked at me amusedly.

"How could you not know your own 'future' girlfriend's birthday?" he snickered.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Next Chapter Preview:

-

"Uh, I can't. I'm underage," Taemin said apologetically, pulling out his phone.

I tried not to scowl at him.

"What does that have to do with anything?!" I nearly screamed.

He held up his hands in defense.

"Well I don't want to vouch for you then get held accountable the next time you do something bad," he said in horror.

"So you're letting me go to mall jail?!" I cried desperately.

-

"You're joking right?" I raised an eyebrow at Taemin.

"Nope," he said happily.

"Are you sure Jonghyun didn't just send you here so he can get me out of work?" I asked skeptically.

He rolled his eyes.

"Trust me. I wish that was the case."

-

"Jonghyun oppa, I love you. Will you go out with me?" Hyo Min grabbed my wrist.

What?! My eyes widened.

Around us, people had stopped to stare.

"What the hell?! She chose him?" some guy cried from my left.

"I-I can't compete with her," a girl wailed from behind me.

I studied Hyo Min carefully for the first time. She was incredibly pretty like Eun Ha, with ink black hair and startling blue eyes.

On her face was a small smirk.

"Can you reject me in front of all these people?" she grinned playfully, tilting her head.

-

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

So how did you guys like the chapter? Please comment and subscribe :)

And heads up, NO Hyo Min will not be one of those annoyingly evil bad girls who try to ruin the main girl's life. She'll be a GOOD character :D. A GOOD, minor character. She won't be around for the whole story. I just need her to get the plot moving :)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬