Eggplants and Pizza

She's Into , So Call Me Gay

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key’s POV

After I woke up, I shook Onew awake then walked to the bathroom.

“Get up! We can’t be late,” I yelled out before turning on the faucet.

Onew mumbled a couple of words then I heard a huge THUD, meaning he’d probably fallen off the couch. He seriously needs to just buy a bed.

Shaking my head, I bent over the sink then splashed my face with cold water.

This is seriously creeping me out.

I had that dream. AGAIN.

The air smelled REEAAAAALLY good. Like fresh strawberries. Not that fake, disgustingly sweet strawberry aroma. It was a soft scent.

And I kissed that person again.

Then Jonghyun popped out, looking just as horrified as the last time.

I guess I would have been a little less freaked out if the person I kissed was Jonghyun.

Because I KNOW I’m not gay.

Plus I already had the dream in the cab, so it wouldn’t have been as shocking the second time around.

But the person I was kissing had LONG hair.

Meaning it wasn’t Jonghyun.

Meaning I’m screwed.

Because I think I know who it is.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Minho’s POV

When I walked into class, everybody was already in their groups.

Eun Ha and Jonghyun were showing Taemin how to work Jonghyun’s expensive camera.

Onew and Hyo Min waved at me when I entered, but Key looked extra distracted.

“Hey guys,” I raised an arm in greeting then took the empty seat next to Hyo Min.

“Barely made it,” she noted just as the bell rang.

I looked around the classroom.

“Well looks like Madame Shim isn’t here anyways,” I shrugged.

“That’s because she’s getting the equipment for today,” Hyo Min directed a wicked grin at Key.

“What kind of equipment?” he leaned forward suspiciously.

“Oh, you’ll see,” she laughed before turning to face the front, “You will see.”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Taemin’s POV

As soon as I handed the camera back to Jonghyun, Madame Shim walked in dragging a cart with a huge box in it.

“Good morning, students, “she said breathlessly as she stopped in front of the class, “I trust that you are all excited for the first part of the project?”

“Yes Madame Shim,” we recited, knowing that she’d keep repeating that sentence until we replied.

“Great,” she beamed, “Let me explain today’s activities then I can get you all out of here.”

I leaned forward in my seat. We’re leaving the classroom?

“As you guys all know,” she began pacing back and forth, “Today is the pregnancy stage. So the task is super simple. Wives, please stand up.”

Eun Ha got out of her seat, and so did the other girls.

Hyo Min shoved Key forward and he shot her a glare before facing the front.

“Alright,” Madame Shim said slowly, “Today, your husband will take you out on a date. However, you can’t just go anywhere. You have to go to a restaurant that sells a certain dish.”

With that, she gave the “moms” slips of paper.

“On those slips are the names of the dishes,” she explained, “You have to hint to your husband that that’s the food you are craving. But you CANNOT tell him outright. To make sure you don’t cheat, your kids will video tape your whole ‘date’ from beginning to end.”

Ooooh! I wonder what Eun Ha got. Hopefully it’s ice cream!

Pregnant women crave ice cream, right?

“Got it husbands and children?” Madame Shim raised an eyebrow.

We all nodded.

“Well then, go out in to the city and begin,” she smiled.

Excitedly, we all began to rush out of our seats.

“Oh, I forgot something!” she suddenly slammed the door to the classroom shut then reached into the box.

She pulled out two huge, bracelet-like things.

“What are those?” Key gulped.

“The equipment,” Hyo Min whispered with a smirk.

“These are ankle weights that weigh five pounds each. So the wives will be walking around with an extra ten pounds that represent their baby.”

“Wow, you’re really fat for a baby, Min,” Jonghyun nudged me with a laugh.

“Ten pounds is no big deal, right Eun Ha?” I turned to her.

She paused.

“Well not at first, but I’ll get tired a lot faster,” she bit her lip nervously.

“It’s okay, I’ll take care of you,” Jonghyun placed an arm around her shoulder, “That’s what husbands are for, right?”

Pshhhhh. Whatta flirt.

“Alright. Let’s go then,” Eun Ha handed me the camera then strapped on her ankle weights.

And with that, we left.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hyo Min’s POV

I tried to stifle a laugh while Key argued with Madame Shim.

“What do you mean I have to walk around with TWENTY extra pounds around my ankles?” he practically screeched.

“Well you have twins,” Madame Shim shrugged, “Which means double the weight.”

“I’m pretty sure twins are born LIGHTER than normal babies,” Key shot back.

“Look,” Madame Shim glared at him sternly, “Those are the last weights, so be a man and deal with it!”

With that, she began walking to the teacher break room.

“Shall we get started then?” I waved the camera in Key’s face.

“I am not putting these on,” Key scowled.

“If you don’t, I’m telling,” I sang.

“I don’t care,” Key crossed his arms.

Suddenly, Minho was hovering over him menacingly.

“I. Need. A. Good. Grade,” Minho narrowed his eyes, “So put them on. Now.”

“G-got it,” Key gulped.

I turned to Minho and held up my hand.

“Good job,” I grinned.

He gave me a high five then turned to Onew.

“Next time, don’t rely on your kids to control your wife!”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eun Ha’s POV

PIZZA.

I racked my memory but I couldn’t think of a place that sold pizza nearby.

“So, what do you want?” Jonghyun turned to me while Taemin videotaped us.

Shoot. How specific can the clues be again?

“I want something circular,” I said slowly.

“Cookies!” Jonghyun’s face lit up.

“Ice creaaammm,” Taemin whispered quietly so the camera wouldn’t pick up his voice.

I shook my head.

“Nope. And ice cream isn’t circular,” I added with a laugh.

“The scoops are,” Taemin pointed out.

“Let’s keep walking and I’ll tell you when I see it,” I suggested.

With that, I took a step forward and practically fell. Gaah stupid weights!

Jonghyun caught me by the elbow in time though.

Our faces were only inches away from each other.

“Heavy?” he raised an eyebrow.

“N-no,” I stuttered, not taking my eyes of his face, “I’m just not used to it yet.”

“Geez, save it for the second honeymoon,” Taemin teased, moving the camera closer towards our faces.

“Shut up,” Jonghyun waved him away then grabbed my hand, “Let’s keep walking then.”

“It has tomatoes on it,” I added, trying to distract myself from the feeling of his hand holding mine.

“And sausage slices?” Jonghyun raised an eyebrow.

“Yes!” I pulled my hand away from his and held it up for a high five.

“Pizza it is then?” he laughed and high fived me, “I know a great place.”

“Well that was easy,” Taemin frowned, “I didn’t even get to mess with you guys today.”

“Huh?” Jonghyun raised an eyebrow.

“Nothinnngggg,” Taemin sang, “So where’s the restaurant?”

“Right around the corner,” Jonghyun pointed, “I guess it’s a good thing we got an easy food.”

Taemin shrugged.

“I guess today’s just supposed to be an easy day.”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Onew’s POV

“Are you SURE it’s not pumpkin?” I asked.

“I told you, pumpkins aren’t PURPLE,” Key huffed while he dragged his feet along.

“You need to work out more,” Minho noted with a grin, zooming the camera in on Key’s feet.

“It’s not my fault you guys are FAT!” he gasped and sat down on the sidewalk.

“I give up. I can’t think of any purple food,” I squatted down next to him and clutched my head.

“Think harder! I’m getting tired,” Key shook me by the shoulders, “It’s purple! It’s a vegetable! It’s shaped like a breadstick!”

“I know of no breadstick shaped vegetables,” I replied solemnly.

“GAAAAH this is getting us NOWHERE!” Key turned to Minho in frustration, “Help him!”

“Fine,” Minho rolled his eyes, “How about we go to the grocery store so that he can look at the vegetables. Maybe he’ll realize.”

“Fine,” Key got up with difficulty then began crossing the street towards the large supermarket.

LOL. He looks sort of like a duck since his steps are so unsteady. He’s practically tottering from side to side.

But he’s crossing a road…

So that makes him more like a CHICKEN!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun’s POV

“Is any kind of pizza alright?” I asked Eun Ha.

“It just says ‘pizza,’ so I think anything is fine,” she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear nervously.

“Are you alright?” I raised an eyebrow in amusement.

“J-just tired,” she took a huge gulp out of the glass of water in front of her.

“Don’t worry about her,” Taemin smiled, “she’s just affected by my very hot presence.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Just for that, I’m not buying you any pizza,” I stuck my tongue out.

“What?!” Taemin’s jaw dropped open, “Do you want me to starve to death before I’m even born?!”

“You’re still in Eun Ha’s stomach, so she’ll eat for you,” I shrugged.

“So pizza for two then?” a voice suddenly spoke.

I glanced up.

Shoot.

I didn’t notice that the waiter was already here.

He’s looking at us like we’re crazy.

“For three,” I corrected him with a sheepish smile.

“Yes!” Taemin pumped his fist into the air.

I suppressed a sigh.

Why is it that when I’m on an almost-date with Eun Ha, somebody else ALWAYS has to be with us?!

Fate really must hate me.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eun Ha’s POV

I drummed my fingers on the table nervously.

Ever since last night, I couldn’t look Jonghyun straight in the eyes.

I was fine when we first got on the ferris wheel, but now whenever I’m around him, my heart’s rhythm just changes.

And I find myself just staring at him then nervously looking away when he makes eye contact.

This is noooot good.

My whole time in high school, I’ve been looking for the perfect guy.

Someone who knows me. Not just some random good-looking stranger who wants to be my boyfriend.

I wanted someone cute, smart, nice, and sweet. And I wanted that person to be my friend first.

And right now it’s so easy to just fall for Jonghyun.

I can feel it.

I’m like one step away from falling in love.

But I can’t.

Because he’s in love with Key and I have no chance.

No chance at all.

Great.

The first guy I’ve ever come close to really liking and he’s my gay roommate.

Life seriously hates me.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key’s POV

“Hurry up!” Hyo Min tapped her foot impatiently then checked her watch, “We need to finish the assignment then head back to school soon!”

“Stop telling me!” I pointed to Onew, who was contemplating the vegetables, “Tell him!”

Just then, our phones started buzzing.

From: Madame Shim

Time’s up. Pay for your meal then head back to class to submit your camera memory cards.

“Hurry!” Minho looked up from his phone in panic.

“EGGPLANT!” Onew finally reached into the refrigerated shelf and pulled out an eggplant.

“FINALLY!” I clapped my hands together, “Now let’s go back to school.”

“Wait!” Minho and Hyo Min grabbed my elbows with wrinkled foreheads.

“Uh, you sort of have to eat it,” Hyo Min said slowly, handing me the vegetable before walking away, “I’ll pay for it right now.”

“You want me to eat a RAW eggplant?!” I glared at Minho in disbelief.

“It’s part of the assignment,” he shrugged, directing the camera at me.

“We should have just gone to that stew shop across the street. They have eggplants in their stew,” Onew said thoughtfully.

I wheeled around to face him.

“Maybe if you thought of eggplants BEFORE we came here, we could have done that!” I shook him by the shoulders.

“Well it’s too late,” Minho sighed.

Then he shoved the eggplant into my mouth.

“Now chew!”

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Taemin’s POV

“Are you all paying separately?” our new waiter asked when we finished eating.

He looked our age and had jet black, short hair.

Okaaaay, it feels like I’m checking him out.

Anyways…

LOL. I guess the other guy was too weirded out by us.

“I’ll pay,” Jonghyun took at his wallet and glanced at me before pulling out the money.

Hehehe I bet he’s thinking “This would have been a date if Taemin wasn’t here.”

“Here,” Jonghyun gave the waiter the money.

“I’ll be back with your receipt,” he said while clearing our table.

“I don’t need one,” Jonghyun took one last sip out of his soda.

“I’ll be back quickly,” the guy smiled.

“Fine,” Jonghyun groaned and glanced at his watch.

The guy returned to our table then handed Eun Ha the receipt.

“Here, since he doesn’t want it,” the guy grinned.

“Uh, thanks?” Eun Ha raised an eyebrow while the guy walked away.

She was about to put it away when Jonghyun grabbed her wrist.

“What’s that?” Jonghyun pointed to the paper.

I glanced at the receipt.

The guy’s phone number was scrawled on the back.

LOL.

That guy is so dead.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eun Ha’s POV

Before I could react, Jonghyun got out of his seat and put his hand on the guy’s shoulder.

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing, giving her your number?” Jonghyun frowned.

“What?” the guy shrugged, “It’s not like she’s your girlfriend.”

OHMYGOD. Everybody in the restaurant is staring at us now.

“Right. She’s not,” Jonghyun nodded.

Why do I feel so disappointed with his answer?!

“She’s my wife,” Jonghyun finished with a smirk, “So stay away from her.”

“You’re lying,” the guy narrowed his eyes.

I got up from my seat and grabbed Jonghyun’s elbow.

“Come on,” I said softly, “Let’s just go.”

“Fine,” he breathed out and began to turn away.

“See?” the guy laughed, “She just wants to spare you the embarrassment. You guys are probably just friends.”

Ugghh. This guy is seriously getting on my nerves.

“I have no reason to lie to guys like you who don’t even have a chance with her,” Jonghyun scoffed.

The guy glanced around the crowded restaurant then smirked at Jonghyun.

“So she’s your wife?” he raised an eyebrow, “Then prove it.”

I waited for Jonghyun to do something stupid, like point to Taemin then say, “See! He’s our son!”

But instead he turned to me then placed his hand on my cheek.

And before I knew what was happening, he kissed me.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 I am on a freaking updating role ;D

All this is to make up for my absence during college applications, so hope you guys like it :D

Next update will be later tonight :D

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!

For those of you who are curious, I am 98% done with college apps :)

Also, Jonghyun WILL NOT CONFESS TO HER IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. This story will have more chapters and more twists. I'm not ending it so soon :)

Also, VOTE!

She can't be with Onew since they're cousins.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬