The Day Before Taemin's Party

She's Into , So Call Me Gay

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key's POV

I quietly sat down on Jonghyun's couch and glanced around nervously.

Just as tense, Jonghyun plopped down next to me and shakily checked his phone.

"So..." Eun Ha shut the door to the apartment and strode over to us, "Why are you sleeping over again?"

She raised an eyebrow amusedly and waited for my answer.

HMMM. WHY am I stuck spending the night with a certain dinosaur THIS close to extinction through my hands?

1. Taemin hasn't talked to us since he dragged Onew off the basketball court.

2. I have no clue if Onew is about to spill our secret.

3. I don't want to fall asleep in the same room as Onew, who's probably deliberating on whether or not he should strangle me for lying to him.

4. Maybe spending more time with Eun Ha won't―

OMO! What am I thinking?!

There is NO fourth reason!!

"Because," I blurted out, "We have to plan for Taemin's surprise party tomorrow after school!"

I elbowed Jonghyun in the ribs and he immediately began nodding.

"Right!" Jonghyun widened his eyes innocently, "We're having a surprise party at Minho's house right after school ends."

"Oh," Eun Ha nodded slowly before brightening up, "Funny that in our assignment, Taemin will be "born" tomorrow. And it's his real birthday."

"Right," I laughed, suddenly remembering.

"So what do we need to do?" Eun Ha and Jonghyun glanced at me simultaneously.

I paused and turned to Jonghyun.

"Well since he's turning legal, you can―"

"Heck no!" Jonghyun backed away quickly, his eyes wide, "I am NOT gonna be the male stripper!"

...

"Uh, I was gonna say you can drive the car his parents bought him to Minho's house..." I trailed off.

Beside me, Eun Ha burst out laughing.

"O-Oh, sure," Jonghyun stuttered, "I knew that."

LOL.

"But I wouldn't mind if you decided to do that too," I winked, nudging Eun Ha, who bit her lip to keep from laughing.

"It was an honest mistake!" Jonghyun protested, "I mean 'birthday party' and 'legal'?! It was just like in those movies!"

"What kind of movies have you been watching?" I snickered while getting up.

Still laughing, I led Eun Ha to their kitchen.

"Regular movies!" Jonghyun shrieked, following us.

"That's the code word for 'dirty movies,'" I stage-whispered to Eun Ha.

"I didn't know you were into that kind of stuff," she teased Jonghyun with a huge grin.

"Me neither," I said before pouting, "But I feel like when you watch those kinds of movies, you're cheating on me in your head!"

"B-B-But!"

I sighed dramatically.

"Let's just end this discussion and make Taemin his cake," I began pulling out the ingredients.

"Meanwhile," Eun Ha grinned, "I will remake Taemin's cupcake and make sure I draw his face on it better."

"What about me?" Jonghyun shot me a glare.

I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Go pick out your outfit for tomorrow. And please, let it be appropriate," I snickered.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Onew's POV

After Taemin made his offer, I made my way to the Shadow Inc. Office.

As soon as I stepped inside, Mr. Kang greeted me.

Mr. Kang is this old guy with white hair. He owns the whole business.

"Onew!" he clapped me on the shoulder happily," What brings you here?"

Hmm...How to say this gently?

"I quit," I answered.

His eyes widened.

"What? Why?" Mr. Kang shook me by the shoulders.

"I got offered my dream job," I sighed apologetically.

"B-But, you're our best stalker!" he cried.

"I'm sorry," I bit my lip.

"You're sneaky, you look innocent, and when you need to, you can make that creeper face!" he listed.

"I know," I said wistfully, "But I found my true calling."

"There's nothing I can say that will change your mind?" Mr. Kang straightened up.

"Nothing, sir," I shook my head.

"I wish you luck then," he said solemnly, "And know, if you ever need someone stalked, I'm here for you."

"Thank you," I bowed.

And with that, I left and walked towards a brighter future, away from the shadows of Shadow Inc...

Well, I must say. That was practically the most dramatic five minutes of my life!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Taemin's POV

After leaving Onew practically drooling on the sidewalk, I ran to the Grotto.

And when I say run, I mean I took a taxi.

Anyways...

As soon as I arrived, I burst in and everyone turned to stare at me.

Probably cause I look super cool, bursting in like I'm on a mission.

But I am on a mission!

So, I walked up to the little table where the guy who leads you to your seat was standing.

"Hello," I greeted him politely, "May I please speak to your manager?"

"W-why?" he asked nervously.

LOL. Probably his first day on the job.

GAAAH. MUST. NOT. MESS. WITH. HIM.

Taemin, FOCUS! FOCUS!

"I have an appointment," I lied.

"Oh, well okay," he hurried away.

Mwahahaha. Am I pro or what?

After a couple of minutes, a guy dressed in a tuxedo appeared.

"How may I help you, sir?" he asked with a smile.

"I have a friend who needs a job here," I grinned.

"I'm sorry, but we have no positions open," the guy shook his head.

Okay...So the truth is, I don't have connections at the Grotto. I was just saying everything to keep Onew quiet.

But....I do have a plan.

"I think you'll want to hire him," I said seriously.

"And why do you think that?" tuxedo-guy raised an eyebrow.

"He's been certified by the Poultry Association as an EXPERT," I said loudly, "How many experts do you have trying to apply for a job?"

The guy paused.

"Well, chicken experts are hard to come by. All of our chefs are experts and we do need another one...What's his name?"

"Lee Jinki," I answered promptly.

"Can you ask him to stop by right now and bring his certificate that proves he's been certified by the Poultry Association?"

"Of course," I answered confidently before walking away and pulling out my phone.

Now all I need to do is get Onew a certificate from the Poultry Association...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eun Ha's POV

While I placed my cupcake on the counter, Key worked on the cake beside me.

He was already finishing up the frosting. The cake was white and decorated with pearlescent blue, neon pink, and bright green icing.

"Happy Birthday Taemin!" was written in the middle. The letters were perfect block letters.

I glanced back at my cupcake helplessly.

It was four times the size of a normal cupcake and was the perfect shape.

But I at putting on the frosting...

In general, I'm just bad at making sweet things.

Even the cookies I made with Onew came out in messed up shapes...

"Need some help?" Key's voice suddenly came from behind me.

I whirled around and saw that he was only inches away from my face.

There was a smear of pink frosting on his nose.

"S-sure," I replied nervously, about to hand him the tube of icing.

Instead, he grabbed my hand and moved it closer to the cupcake.

"Just keep squeezing the tube and I'll make the design," he grinned, "That way you can see how your hand is supposed to move."

I nodded mutely and felt my ears turn red.

While his both our hands moved to decorate the cupcake, I stared at Key's hands.

He had long, perfectly shaped fingers. Surprisingly, his hands looked strong. I though he'd have delicate, girly hands...

Come to think of it though, when he's not acting girly around Jonghyun, he's actually pretty manly...

Just thinking that made me blush.

Seriously, what is up with me?!

"Done!" Key suddenly let go of my hand and I snapped out of my thoughts.

The cupcake was covered with blue frosting and in the middle was a cute cartoon picture that looked just like Taemin.

"It looks amazing!" I grinned, "Thanks!"

Key shrugged.

"No problem," he turned around and began putting the finishing touches on his cake.

Curious, I looked over his shoulder.

Key was putting small light bulbs in the cake.

"Ta-daa," he grinned and flicked on the switch.

The bulbs light up the cake.

"It's so pretty!" I grinned.

"Just like you," he nudged me.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Taemin's POV

After finding out the number to the Poultry association, I called them.

"Yobosaeyo? How may I help you?" a chirpy voice answered.

"Hi, I'd like to get my friend certified as an expert by the PA," I answered.

"Sorry, sir," the girl replied, "But we rarely give out the title of expert."

"But," I paused dramatically, "You should make an exception because he's the new chef at the Grotto!"

"The Grotto?" the voice perked up, "Well, that's definitely something! Tell your friend to stop by to pick up his certificate! A guy who works at the Grotto definitely deserves it! What's his name?"

"Lee Jinki," I grinned before hanging up.

With that I called Onew.

"Yobosaeyo? Taemin?" he picked up.

"Pick up your Expert certificate at the PA office and head to the Grotto. They'll tell you the details of your new job," I told him.

"Y-you got me certified as an expert?!" Onew yelled excitedly, "I'm officially a chicken expert?! How?!"

"I have my ways," I whispered before ending the call.

With Onew's employment at the Grotto, Jonghyun's plan is officially saved!

Am I a genius or what?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Minho's POV

As soon as I got off my motorcycle, I took off my helmet.

Hyo Min leapt off shakily and took a deep breath.

Then she punched my shoulder.

"Were you trying to kill us?!" she took deep calming breaths.

I rubbed my arm and pretended that her punch hurt.

"I wasn't going that fast," I protested.

Okay, that was a lie. I was going pretty fast.

But only because it was kind of cute when she began freaking out and screaming into my back.

She shot me a glare before pulling out her phone.

"I need to get home soon," she sighed.

"We should probably hurry and dry your clothes then," I led her inside and up the marble staircase.

"You have a beautiful home," Hyo Min said stiffly as we walked to my room.

I smirked.

"Did your parents teach you to say that whenever you visited someone's house?" I raised an eyebrow.

"It's called being polite," she rolled her eyes, "You should try it sometime."

I stopped in front of my room and opened the door.

"Fine, then," I grinned, "Ladies first."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key's POV

Okay, FREEZE.

What did I just say?!

"U-uh, I mean," I stuttered, thinking of something to say.

Just then, Jonghyun walked into the kitchen.

Thankful for the distraction, I turned to him.

"Does this look okay for Taemin's party?" he addressed us.

He was wearing baggy dark jeans, a black v-neck and a dark green leather jacket.

Psshhhh.

I know what he's trying to do.

He's trying to catwalk for Eun Ha, hoping she'll say "That looks hot on you!" or something.

Hmph.

"It looks good," I smirked, "But I'd look better in it."

"Uh, huh, suuuure you would," he rolled his eyes and SLOWLY ran his fingers through his hair.

"I would, right Eun Ha?!" I turned to her.

She paused.

"I think you'd both look good..?" she said hesitantly.

"Fine," I turned to Jonghyun, "At Taemin's party tomorrow, let's have a contest."

"What kind of contest?" Jonghyun raised an eyebrow curiously.

"Guests have to vote on who looks hotter in their outfit," I smirked.

Jonghyun grinned.

"Sure. And if I win, you'll have to stop messing with me," he narrowed his eyes.

LOL. Not gonna happen.

"Fine," I lied.

Tomorrow is gonna be interesting.

Kids being "born" at school and Taemin's party.

Can't waaaiiit.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hyo Min's POV

As soon as I stepped into Minho's room, I froze.

His room was surprisingly clean. Like SUPER clean.

I mean, I expected dirty laundry and papers strewn all over the floor.

Instead, he had gold carpet and mocha colored walls. His bed was simple, with a black frame and black bed sheets. A huge and tidy desk was up against the other wall.

A gigantic television screen that was as tall as me hung on the other side.

His closet door was open and I could see racks neatly filled with clothes. Next to the closet was an opening that led to a huge bathroom.

Without waiting for Minho, I walked through the opening.

His bathroom had black marble countertops and a huge shower covered by a gold shower curtain.

"Do you think I have a 'beautiful' room?" Minho smirked, sneaking up behind me.

"Surprisingly, yes," I shrugged before looking around again.

"Here, follow me," Minho walked back to the main part of his room and into his closet.

He came out with a huge black shirt and dark blue sweat pants.

"You can change into these while you dry your uniform," he handed me the clothes, "You can go change in the closet.

"Thanks," I grumbled before turning on the closet lights and shutting the door.

Shivering, I took off his jacket and changed into the clothes he had given me.

The shirt he had handed me smelled good, like fabric softener.

Gaah, what the heck Hyo Min?!

Smelling Minho's clothes?!

Ugh.

But they did smell amazing. And now that I was in warm clothes, I instantly felt better.

With that, I stepped back out and saw Minho waiting for me on the white leather couch at the foot of his bed.

He led me to the dryer, which was down the hall, and I tossed my drenched uniform in. The timer said that it would take twenty-five minutes.

I glanced at my phone again as we headed back to his room. I'm running late...

Impatient, I plopped down on Minho's white couch.

"You can wait and watch TV," Minho locked the door to his room before turning to me, "I need to get ready since I'm meeting my parents for dinner."

"Fine," I flipped on his TV and watched the music videos that played.

After twenty minutes, I turned the TV off. Minho was still in the shower.

"I'm gonna check to see if my clothes are mostly dry," I called out to him before getting up and moving towards the door.

Suddenly, his door knob began moving.

"Minho, honey!" a woman's voice rang out, "We're home early! Are you ready to go out to dinner?"

"Son, open the door," a man's voice spoke up.

My eyes widened.

Oh my god!

His PARENTS are home!

"Yeobo, can you get the key to his room?" Minho's mom said before speaking up louder, "Minho, you know I told you to stop locking your door! What if you faint or something and we can't get to you?"

I resisted the urge to laugh. My mom thinks the same way.

But!

I looked down.

I was wearing Minho's clothes.

The door to his room was locked...

Oh my god! They're gonna get the wrong idea!

Panicked, I ran to the bathroom without thinking and collided with Minho, who was drying his hair with a towel.

He was already wearing dark jeans, but he was shirtless.

Blushing, I immediately closed my eyes.

"What's wrong?" he took in my freaked out expression.

I opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling.

Just as I was about to answer, the door to his room swung open and his parent's voices filled the room.

"Minho? Are you getting ready?" his dad's voice grew louder as he came closer.

Minho's eyes widened, finally realizing the situation, and he quickly grabbed my hand.

Before I knew what was happening, he dragged me into the shower, closed the shower curtain, and the water.

I suppressed a yelp when ice cold water began pouring down on both of us.

"Honey! You're still not done taking a shower?" his mom's voice came from the other side of the shower door.

My heart was beating so fast, I thought I would explode.

I'm in the shower with a half- guy while his mom is only inches away. I fought the urge to hyperventilate.

"I'm almost done," Minho replied before turning to look at me.

"You're a mess," he whispered, brushing away the wet strands of hair that stuck to my face.

"Y-you think?!" I stuttered before turning away from him. His face was way too close. Plus he didn't have a shirt on!

But on to more important matters...

I can't go home looking like this! It's gonna take more time to dry my hair completely.

Minho probably sensed this because he spoke up, his voice suddenly hoarse.

"Actually umma, I don't feel so well," he croaked, "Can I skip dinner tonight and just rest?"

"Are you sure?" his mom replied worriedly, "You know your father and I are flying to Japan tonight after dinner. We'll be gone for four days. Can you at least promise me that you won't skip meals?"

"I promise," Minho coughed, "Now go enjoy your dinner and tell the girl I'm supposed to meet that I'm sorry I couldn't make it."

Girl? What girl??

Wait.

Why does it even matter to me?!

"Girl? What are you talking about?" his mom sounded flustered, "Just get better okay! See you when we get back!"

"Take care of yourself, son," his dad called out.

With that, the door to his room closed.

We waited a couple of minutes and all I could think about was how close Minho was. I could practically hear him breathing.

Finally, it seemed safe.

"That was close," Minho breathed out a sigh of relief and turned off the water.

Dripping wet, we both stepped out of the shower.

I glanced at the time on my phone. Luckily, it was waterproof. It was way too late to meet them for dinner...

"I need to call my parents," I avoided looking at him, "While I'm calling, use the time to put a shirt on!"

With that I stepped into the hallway.

"Are you sure you want me to?" Minho yelled out with a laugh.

Rolling my eyes, I dialed their number.

"Yobosaeyo? Hyo Min?" My mom picked up.

"I can't make it to dinner tonight," I said shortly.

There was pause before she spoke.

"Your father and I figured that," she sighed, "You do have your keys to the house with you right? Because your father and I are seeing an opera after dinner so nobody's at home."

WHAT?!

"Actually, I don't have the keys," I admitted. I'm too used to the driver opening the house for me.

"Well we could go back..." she trailed off.

"It's fine," I interrupted. Seeing an opera has been on my parent's bucket list for awhile. Their "List of Things to Do Before We Leave."

"I can sleepover at Eun Ha's," I shrugged.

"Great! Have fun!" she sounded relieved.

After ending the call, I stepped back into Minho's room.

He'd changed into a black shirt and blue sweatpants.

We would have matched if I wasn't soaking wet.

"Can you take me to Eun Ha's house?" I sighed, "I can just change there."

"Eun Ha's house?!" Minho widened his eyes, "W-why?"

I narrowed my eyes suspiciously.

"I'm locked out of my house so I'll just sleepover there," I replied slowly.

"You can't," Minho shook his head.

"Why not?"

"I...I have no gas," he announced.

"You're kidding," I deadpanned.

He held his hand up.

"What about this?" he bit his lip, "Now that we have time, we properly wash your uniform in the washing machine. I'll let you borrow another set of clothes. Then, you can sleep here and take a taxi home in the morning."

"I think I'll just take a taxi home tonight," I shook my head. No way was I sleeping in Choi Minho's house.

"I'm not letting you get in a taxi alone, at night," Minho rolled his eyes.

"Fine. Come with me," I scoffed, "I don't care."

"What if my parents call the house phone?" he challenged me, "I'll get in trouble all because I helped you."

I paused and bit my lip.

Ugh. This .

"Fine. But I am NOT sleeping in the same room as you," I glared at him.

"Woah there," he held his hands up, "Stop thinking dirty thoughts!"

With that, he stepped into his closet and came out with a regular sized black shirt and dark blue sweatpants.

What the heck. How many sweatpants and black shirts does he have?

"Let's go wash your uniform," he stepped out and headed towards the laundry room.

I changed for the second time tonight then followed and watched while he put detergent in the washing machine.

"You know how to use the washing machine?" I finally spoke up.

"Someone has to wash my clothes," he shrugged before straightening up, "So do you want dinner?"

"I'm not that hungry. Can I have a snack?" I sighed in defeat. I guess I really am sleeping over.

"Sure," Minho grinned and gestured towards the stairs, "Ladies first."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Minho's POV

After we raided the kitchen, I settled down on the black leather couch in the living room and the TV.

Hyo Min sat down next to me with a huge bowl of strawberry ice cream.

"What do you want to watch?" I pointed to the various DVDs that cluttered the coffee table in front of us.

"Asking me to pick a movie?" she laughed, "What next? Are you gonna ask to do my hair?"

"Well this is a sleepover," I shrugged before turning to her.

Her hair was already dry and her bangs covered half her face.

Slowly, I leaned in towards her and brushed the hair out of her face.

"And I think your hair looks perfect," I leaned back, satisfied.

"Shut up!" Hyo Min rolled her eyes and quickly began looking through the movies.

"You look so cute when you blush," I .

"I want to watch this one!" she quickly shoved a movie towards me to hide her face.

Distracted, I looked at the title.

"Tada, Kimi wo Aieru?" Iread out, "Isn't this a sad romance film?"

"Yeah," she nodded.

"Are you gonna cry?" I raised an eyebrow amusedly. My mom cried when she watched this movie...

"Of course not," Hyo Min rolled her eyes, "Just start the movie."

"Whatever you say," I grinned and the DVD player.

We quieted down as the movie started.

While Hyo Min kept her eyes on the screen, I glanced at her occasionally.

I've already seen the movie anyways.

When the movie finally ended, she bit her lip and kept blinking.

"You're about to cry," I pointed out.

"N-No!" she put down the empty bowl of ice cream.

"Aww it's okay!" I , "You can cry on my shoulder."

"I'm not crying," she huffed, "Next movie!"

"Another one?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Let's have a movie marathon. Let's go through all the genres. First we have to watch a comedy," she looked through the DVDs.

"I get to pick this time," I grinned, enjoying myself.

When we settled in again to watch the next movie, Speed Scandal, Hyo Min turned to me.

"I was just kidding when I said you have to watch another one with me," she said slowly, "You can go back to your room and sleep if you want."

"I'm fine," I said cheekily, "If I get tired I'll just sleep on your shoulder."

"Touch me and die," she rolled her eyes.

I laughed.

"Just wait. After the horror movie, you'll be begging to have me next to you," I smirked.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hey guys! So how was it?

I tried to make it long as an aplogy for my late updates.

This was mostly a Minho x Hyo Min chapter, as promised. Hope you liked it :D

Comment and subscribe!

I read every single one of your comments and they're honestly the main reason I write this story. I know everything in my head but I write it down so you guys can read the story. Your feedback on the plot, characters, etc. really make me happy :)

Love,

Aika

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

 

Click  Click NEXT for the n