Playing Around

She's Into , So Call Me Gay

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

After spending the whole taxi ride praying that nothing else would happen, we finally arrived at the apartment.

It was on a busy street surrounded by little shops and stands of food. Right next to it was a park with a basketball court.

Together, Eun Ha and I walked inside the nice building.
The lobby was huge and off to one side was a small desk.

At the sound of our footsteps, the lady behind the desk looked up. The old man beside her kept punching numbers in his calculator.

"Can I help you?" the lady gave us a smile as we stepped up to the desk.

"Yeah, we're here to rent this apartment," Eun Ha grinned, handing her the newspaper.

While she did this, I looked around. Why did this building seem so familiar? I swear, it feels like I've been here before...

Furrowing my eyebrows together, I turned back around to face Eun Ha and the landlady.

She was staring at both of us curiously.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eun Ha's POV

"Is everything alright?" I asked, confused. The lady just kept eyeing Jonghyun and me.

She paused before speaking.

"Uh, are you two going to be living in the apartment?" the lady raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah," Jonghyun shrugged casually.

The woman looked scandalized.

"I-it's not what it looks like!" I stuttered, not wanting to be misunderstood. I should have known people would think the wrong things.

"You two are at least married right?" she said disapprovingly.

"We're not," Jonghyun sighed exasperatedly.

"Ah, they must be looking for a love nest," the older man raised an eyebrow, looking up from his calculator.

"You don't understand. He already has a boyfriend!" I nearly screamed, trying to get them to pay attention.
"S-secret affair..?" they stared at us in shock.

"NO!" Jonghyun and I yelled out at the same time.

I took a deep calming breath.

"Can we just rent the apartment?" I pleaded, wanting to get it over with so I could tell Onew.

The woman sighed.

"Fine. I guess it's none of my business," she shrugged, pushing some papers across the desk.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

While Eun Ha signed her part of the documents, I called my parents.

"Yobosaeyo?" my mom answered the phone after a couple of rings.

How should I tell her the news..?

I stayed silent and thought.

"Yah! Jonghyun! Talk now or I'm hanging up," she said suddenly, clearly annoyed.

"Umma, I rented this apartment so I'll be moving out," I said in a rush.

I hope that didn't sound too sudden...

Who am I kidding? Of course that sounds like it came from nowhere...

I checked over my shoulder to make sure Eun Ha hadn't heard me. After all, I told her that I had already been looking for an apartment.

"If you really want to, then it's fine. You're already old enough so I don't see any problems with it. As long as it's in Seoul," my mom said nonchalantly.

In the background, I heard her tell my father, who agreed too.

"Okay. That's all, thanks," I grinned before hanging up.
Now that that's out of the way...

I jogged back up to Eun Ha, who had given the papers back to the landlady.

She turned to me excitedly.

"Since tomorrow's a Saturday, she said we can move our things in," she smiled happily.

I nodded, trying not to grin too much.

Everything is going smoothly, as planned.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key's POV

"Yah, Taemin! Get up," I huffed and threw a spare basketball at him.

Taemin dodged it and rested against the bleachers again.

"Hyung's not even here yet," he complained, lightly dribbling the ball.

"Fine. Your funeral," Minho, shrugged, shooting a three pointer.

I hummed in agreement but Taemin just stuck his tongue out.
Rolling my eyes, I continued practicing.

Meanwhile, Taemin decided walked around the court, slowly dribbling the ball.

At that moment, the gym doors swung open.

Taemin immediately dropped to the ground and began doing pushups.

"Ninety-seven, ninety-eight—Oh, Hyung! You guys are back," he jumped up and dusted his hands off.

I waited for Jonghyun to scold him, but he was too occupied talking to Eun Ha.

I groaned and walked over to them. Minho and Taemin followed.

"Tadaaa," Eun Ha handed me a huge bag with sports drinks and snacks.

Distracted, I turned away from Jonghyun.

"Thank you," I grinned and handed some food to Minho.

Taemin tried to reach for some, but I pulled the bag away.

"Practice first," I smirked, setting the bag down beside Eun Ha, who had sat down in the bleachers.

"I already did," he said stubbornly.

"But I didn't get to see. I want to see you practice," Eun Ha's eyes were wide with excitement.

"Do you want to see me too?" Jonghyun pointed to himself, trying to act cool.

Eun Ha nodded with a laugh and he quickly jogged to the locker room to change. Meanwhile, Taemin showed off on the court.

Then out of nowhere, Onew appeared wearing basketball shorts and a black shirt.

"Yah! How come you don't care when I play?" he pouted, nudging Eun Ha's shoulder. She tore her gaze away from Taemin and smirked at Onew.

"I didn't know you could play. Actually, I didn't even know you were capable of running fast without tripping," she joked, standing up and picking an extra basketball off the floor.

Determined, she tried shooting while Taemin coached her.
Onew watched her with a grin before turning to me.

"So, I asked Coach like you suggested and he agreed to let Eun Ha be our manager," he said cheerfully.

A huge smile slowly appeared on my face.

Why did I suggest that?

Because if she's our manager, a lot of opportunities to mess with Jonghyun will arise.

Plus, he'll be ecstatic that he gets to spend more time with her.

Am I an awesome friend for coming up with this idea or what?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eun Ha's POV

"Really? Manager?" I leapt up excitedly just when Jonghyun walked in.

For a second, I couldn't help but stare.

He was wearing a loose sleeveless shirt that showed his muscles.

"Huh? Manager?" Jonghyun spoke up, jolting me out of my thoughts.

"As of today, I'm the basketball team's manager," I explained, tearing my gaze away from him.

"Really, that's great!" he said enthusiastically.

And before I knew it, he had pulled me into a tight hug.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key's POV

I coughed loudly but Jonghyun still didn't pull away.

Chuckling to myself, I put my arms around his waist and pulled him away.

"Anyways, Eun Ha needs to introduce herself to the coach," I reminded him with a smirk.

Jonghyun scowled at me before I stepped away.

Man, I never get tired of seeing his irritated face.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

As soon as Eun Ha left to go meet with the coach, I wheeled around to face Key.

"Are you trying to annoy me to death?!" I complained, tossing him a basketball.

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing," he snickered, dribbling around me.

I sighed exasperatedly while he dribbled the ball to the bench.

"Anyways, you're the one who wanted to pretend," he laughed, taking a drink out of his water bottle.

"I never told you to act all lovey-dovey with me!" I twitched, remembering the hugs.

"I know. That's just for fun. Eun Ha's face looks priceless when I do it," he laughed to himself.

Yeah right.

He just enjoys torturing with me.

Well, two can play at that game.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Practice shooting from the three point line," I ordered Key.

With a smirk, he picked up two basketballs and threw them.

My jaw dropped open when both of them went in the basket.

"What about a layup?" I raised an eyebrow.

With a shrug, Key did it perfectly.

Even though I'm still irritated at him, I have to admit, he's been practicing really hard...

"I'm good, right Honey?" he smirked, twirling the basketball on his finger.

My eye twitched.

"Actually, I think you could work on your endurance.Thirty laps around the court. Now!" I smiled at his shocked expression.

"You're kidding right?!" Key glared at me.

"Nope. Thirty laps, now," I ordered him.

Just then, Eun Ha walked onto the court.

Key immediately switched tactics.

"Baby, why are you being so harsh on me? Is it because I was...too rough last night?" Key pulled me in for a hug.

WHAT?!

With a panicked expression, I pushed him away and turned around.

Onew was staring at me with his jaw wide open while Eun Ha laughed.

"You guys are so cute together," she grinned.

"H-he's lying! We DID NOT do anything," I stuttered furiously.

Eun Ha doubled over laughing.

"Shut up now or else," I narrowed my eyes at Key who backed away while laughing.

"So," I cleared my throat, "What did Coach say?"

Eun Ha grinned.

"He said I have to make sure I work hard. And he said you guys have to go home early today because he needs to use the gym. So that means we can go shopping for some furniture," she said in long breath.

"Great," I agreed enthusiastically. I've always wanted to go shopping with my girlfriend.

Or in this case, future girlfriend.

"Can we come too?" Taemin appeared out of nowhere with a hopeful smile.

Before I could say no, Eun Ha nodded.

"Of course. We should all go shopping together," she suggested.

Minho shrugged in agreement. Key did a sort of happy dance and I glared at him.

"Okay, I'll drive I guess," Onew volunteered.

And soon, we were all squished together in his car.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key's POV

"They look good together huh?" Minho raised an eyebrow and stared at Eun Ha and Jonghyun.

They were looking at a cream colored couch that seated six people. Eun Ha wanted it so that we could come over and watch movies occasionally.

I chuckled to myself while Jonghyun stared at a dark blue love seat across from the couch.

"I guess," I finally agreed and turned around to look for Taemin.

He was sitting on the floor happily an ice cream cone while Onew stared at him enviously.

"That was supposed to be mine," he grumbled under his breath.

"I rock-paper-scissored you for it and I won," Taemin defended himself.

"Don't you have any more money so you can buy another one?" I raised an eyebrow.

Onew shook his head.

"No. Do you think I could borrow some?" he stood up and brushed his hands together.

I pulled out my red and black wallet.

"I only have six dollars," I pulled it out.

"I only need one," Onew stepped forward.

Just then two guys from my neighborhood ran in front of me.

"Key, could we borrow some money, please? We're so hungry," they begged, stepping in front of Onew.

My eyes lit up immediately.

"Sure, but could you do me a favor?"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

"Let's buy this," Eun Ha pointed to the couch.

"Are you sure?" I placed my chin on her shoulder and practically whispered it in her ear.

"Yeah," she nodded and walked away to call the saleslady.
What the heck?! Is she seriously not affected by me at all?

Oh my god. What if pretending to be gay has affected my image?!

Panicking, I walked up to the store's entrance. Across the mall, I could see Taemin, Key, Minho, and Onew.

Just then, a girl walked by in front of me.

I winked at her and she immediately turned red before quickly walking away.

Yes! So being with Key hasn't made me turn all girly.

Grinning to myself, I turned around to enter to the store again.

Then, out of nowhere, two guys walked up to me.

"Hey y. Are you alone?" one of them s his arms around my waist.

"You're cute," the other one ruffled my hair.

"What the hell?! Get off," I yelled angrily.

They jumped away quickly.

"Why? Is your boyfriend here?"

My eye twitched.

"Do I look gay to you?!" I nearly cried.

They paused and looked at each other before shrugging and walking away.

At that moment, Key jogged up to me.

"You expression was so worth the five dollars," he gasped before doubling over with laughter.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"So now that we have everything, what should we do next?" Eun Ha chirped happily.

I tried to listen, but I was too occupied trying to think of a way to get revenge on Key.

I mean, I almost had a heart attack when those guys hit on me.

I shot Key another glare and he walked over to me.

"Are you still mad?" he pouted, holding my face between his hands.

"About what?" Eun Ha stopped talking and raised an eyebrow.
"Nothing," I told her before turning to Key.

"And don't worry, I forgive you," I smiled, pinching his cheeks hard.

"Yah, lovebirds! Walk faster," Minho commanded.

Laughing while Key rubbed his cheeks, I sped up and started walking beside Eun Ha.

"So, we'll help you guys move in tomorrow. Which means we should probably go home now so we can rise early," Onew said wisely when we reached the mall exit.

"Are you guys sleeping in the apartment tonight?" Taemin turned to Eun Ha and me.

She nodded.

"The landlady had two brand new beds she said we could have," Eun Ha explained.

"Okay. I'll take you guys there then," Onew nodded.

My face fell.

Man. I thought I'd finally have some alone time with her...

"Actually, Jonghyun, Eun Ha and I can take a taxi instead," Key suggested, "Since we live out of the way."

Onew shrugged and gathered up Minho and Taemin.

"Okay, see you guys tomorrow, alright?"

The three of us nodded and waved goodbye.

As soon as they were gone I turned to Key with a questioning look.

He shrugged.

"I thought you guys would be able to bond more without Onew. Plus, the sooner you guys get together the sooner we can stop dating," he whispered, making sure Eun Ha didn't hear.

"Thanks," I grinned, punching him on the shoulder, "...Yeobo."

He smirked.

"Unlike you, I enjoy it when you do that," he leered.

I rolled my eyes.

What did I do to deserve such a weird best friend?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Three minutes later, we were piling into a cab.

OH MY GOD.

You have got to be kidding.

"Where to kids?" the taxi driver looked in his rearview mirror.

"Me first," Key leaned forward and told him his address.

We had been lucky and managed to find a taxi even though it was dark.

But out of all people, why did we have to get the same driver as last time?!

He heard Eun Ha talking about my "boyfriend."

And he heard Key's phone call.

Crap!

Praying he wouldn't recognize us, I hid behind my hoodie.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

We had been in the taxi for five minutes and my hopes were high that he wouldn't remember us.

Out of the blue though, Eun Ha spoke up.

"Ahjussi, didn't you drive us last time?" she grinned.

He looked up and his eyes lit up.

"Oh yeah!" he nodded and looked at me through the mirror.

Then, his eyes landed on Key, who was fixing his hair.

"You his boyfriend?" the driver asked.

Damn. Why did he need to have such good memory?!

"Uh...yeah?" Key nodded, confused that the stranger knew about it.

The taxi driver eyed us a bit longer. Eun Ha had insisted that Key sat next to me. But I made sure to scoot as far away from him as possible.

Apparently, the driver noticed.

"If you want, you guys could snuggle together. I don't mind," he shrugged.

I turned to glare at Key.

"You better not——"

I was cut off when he nuzzled his head against my shoulder.
"Aww honey, don't be like that," he yawned.

"Key, do you want to spend all of practice doing squats?" I said through my teeth.

"Anything for you baby," he reached up and patted my cheek.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eun Ha's POV

"I'm so jealous. You guys are so close," I eyed Jonghyun and Key.

I wish I had a boyfriend.

Then we could do things like that together...

With a sigh, I stopped daydreaming when the taxi finally stopped.

"We're here," the driver turned to Key.

When he got out, I peered out of the window.

Wait...

"Jonghyun!" I poked his arm and he turned to me, surprised.

"What?"

"This is our stop too," I explained, pointing outside.

Our new apartment building was right there.

"Oh, you're right," he looked confused.

Quickly, we paid and got out of the cab.

Key was still on the sidewalk, fishing for something in his bag.

At the sound of our footsteps, he looked up.

"Why did you guys get off too?" he furrowed his eyebrows.

Omo! Such a cute expression. I couldn't stop staring.

Luckily, Jonghyun spoke for me.

"This is where our apartment is," he spoke slowly.

Key's jaw dropped open.

"Wait. You guys are the ones who rented the room across the hallway from mine?!"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Next Chapter Preview:

-

"This is all your fault! Is this what you wanted?!" Key nearly screeched.

"Yes! I planned it all along! I made sure we were locked in the stairwell JUST so I could listen to you scream in my ear," I said sarcastically.

-

"Who do you think is cuter? Like more your type. Jonghyun or Key?" Taemin asked excitedly.

"Pretend they're not gay," he added with a laugh.

My jaw dropped open in surprise.

"Why are you asking?" I choked out, feeling my ears redden.

-

"And don't worry. I'll make sure Jonghyun doesn't get the wrong idea about me staying over!"

-

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬