What happened in the mall?!

She's Into , So Call Me Gay

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key's POV

"Boo!" I jumped behind Eun Ha and grabbed her shoulders.

Jonghyun's exes turned to me, surprised. I ignored them though. They don't know me anyways.

"Key?!" Eun Ha's eyes lit up immediately, "What are you doing here?"

I gestured to my uniform with a grin.

"I work here. So I guess we'll be working together," I shrugged.

"No way! That's great! And I was so nervo—"

"Hello!" Mrs. Kim's loud voice interrupted Eun Ha's sentence. She was already wearing her faded apron and in her right hand was a very heavy looking whisk.

"Hellooooo!"

I turned to her quickly and gestured for Eun Ha to do the same.

Jonghyun's exes were still sitting around the small table, examining their fake nails.

"Get up!" Mrs. Kim barked at them before eyeing Eun Ha interestedly.

I stepped to the side and watched while she circled her.

"Hmm...very pretty. Nice hair, great figure, kind face...Are you single?" she raised an eyebrow sharply.

"Y-yes," Eun Ha looked intimidated. A short old lady was circling her like a vulture and eyeing her like an old man. Who wouldn't be scared?

Eun Ha breathed a huge sigh of relief when Mrs. Kim shifted her attention to Girlfriend #1.

She had the same hair color as Eun Ha and was the same height. I tried not to roll my eyes. I guess that's why Jonghyun started dating her.

Girlfriend #2 was next. She is one of the most popular girls in our year. When she and Jonghyun began dating, the news spread like wildfire.

It looks like Eun Ha didn't hear the news though. Does she even know Girlfriend #2 goes to our school?

Sometimes she can be so clueless. But it's kind of cute...

"Okay, I guess you'll do," Mrs. Kim's voice interrupted my thoughts. Apparently she was done examining everyone else.

I worked in the kitchen with Mrs. Kim. Eun Ha was assigned to be the cash register girl. The rest of them were waitresses.

Usually cooking calms me. But sometimes it gets boring.

With Eun Ha to watch though, I managed to help Mrs. Kim bake 3 cakes and two batches of cookies without dozing off . I wouldn't have been sleepy in the first place if Onew hadn't trapped me with him...

Anyways, the way Eun Ha smiles is amazing. I think I can kind of see one of the reasons Jonghyun fell for her.

She has her sweet, innocent smile. Then when guys try to hit on her, she gives them this arrogant smirk.

And when she finally caught me watching her, the corners of twitched up before she motioned for me to get on with work.

I was done though since the bakery's display was full.

So, I decided to bake her a birthday cake. I made sure to close the curtain so she wouldn't see what I was doing.

After whisking and cracking eggs and waiting for what seemed like hours, I finally finished.

The cake was a unique color (almost turquoise) and had three layers. I topped it off with  elegant gold flowers.

On the top, I wrote "Happy Birthday Eun Ha!" using icing.

"Finishing touch?" I grinned to myself and wrote "Love from Key, Taemin, Minho, and Onew."

Hmm, I guess I should add Jonghyun's name...NOT.

I still can't forgive him for allowing Onew to move in with me!

...

Okay, now I feel guilty.

With a sigh, I added Jonghyun's name and packed up the cake.

...

That dinosaur is already taking advantage of my kind nature! An unhealthy relationship like this has to end!!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

"Okay, let's separate here," Taemin stopped in front of a store blasting electric music.

"I can't go in with you?" I looked at him amusedly.

"No way! After I went through all this trouble to look the part, you'll ruin my entrance if you come," he whined, sounding like a kid.

I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever," I laughed. I needed to find Eun Ha a present anyways.

As soon as Taemin disappeared inside the store, I walked to the main part of the mall.

"What should I get her though?" I muttered to myself, scanning the stores.

There were tons of clothing shops, but clothes are the oldest gift in the book. I would have gotten her jewelry but honestly, the only jewelry I want to give her...is a couple ring.

She wasn't really into reading, so I couldn't get her books. A gift card sort of gives off a I-don't-know-you-enough-to-actually-buy-you-a-real-present vibe.

After fifteen minutes of walking around aimlessly and rejecting gift ideas that popped into my head, I ended up sitting on the fountain.

"This ! I have no clue what to buy," I said exasperatedly, clutching my head.

Just then, my phone rang.

I checked the screen and saw my picture of Eun Ha pop up.

"Yobosaeyo?" I answered cautiously.

"Jonghyun! I'm on break right now and Taemin called saying you needed to ask me something," she said curiously. In the background, I could hear Key ordering others around using his diva voice.

Ask her something?

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Suddenly, Taemin popped up next to me wearing a grin. In his hand was a red and black bag with a box inside.

"The present!" he whispered when I still looked confused, "Be subtle though!"

Oh!!

I turned my attention back to the phone.

"E-Eun Ha, is there anything you want right now?" I stuttered, "Like...a thing you want to buy?"

Beside me, Taemin smacked his forehead.

"Real subtle," he groaned, rolling his eyes.

I clamped a hand over his mouth.

"So?" I asked into the phone.

Eun Ha hesitated before answering.

"Well, I do want this hairbrush from Lucifer. It's gothic and looks like a doll's brush," she said thoughtfully.

Taemin shook his head furiously and pulled out the gift he had bought her. It was an ornate black hairbrush that folded.

"Anything else?" I said desperately.

"Hmmm...those red headphones from A-yo Music Store, I guess. That's it," she finished.

My eyes lit up.

"Cool! See you later then," I grinned before hanging up.

Taemin shook his head.

"Was that you being subtle? An elephant walking across a road made of popcorn would have been more subtle," he snickered. Popcorn? Aish, this kid!

"Whatever," I smiled, in a good mood.

Time to get Eun Ha the perfect birthday present.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Minho's POV

"Report to the third floor, shop 3B! Code hot pink! Code hot pink!" the voice came from my walkie-talkie.

I raised an eyebrow.

Code hot pink?

You've got to be kidding.

Adjusting my cap, I jogged towards the escalator.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

"Picking on a little kid? You've got to be joking," the kid said arrogantly, tugging backwards.

"Why don't you let go and I'll back off," I shot back, trying to wrench the last pair of headphones out of his grip.

"You heard the lady! It'll be in stock next week! Are teenagers really this impatient nowadays?!" he yelled, pulling on my cheek.

"Hyung. I think we should go..."Taemin said quietly, looking around.

The music store was pretty much empty though.

"You get it next week! I need it today!" I frowned, lifting the box up.

Still holding on, the boy was lifted into the air.

"I got it first!" he stuck his tongue out and kicked me in the stomach.

"Ow!" I let go and he ran up to the cashier swiftly.

"Yah! Wait," I gasped, following him.

"I need to buy this for my girlfriend! I'll pay you double!" I pleaded.

The boy laughed.

"I don't think someone like you would have a girlfriend," he snickered, pulling out a Pokemon wallet.

"Why the heck do you want it so much?!" I cried desperately.

Taemin raised an eyebrow at the boy, who now looked dead serious.

"These are the headphones my true love wants," he said solemnly while pulling out the money.

Taemin let out a surprised laugh.

"Seriously?" he snickered.

I narrowed my eyes.

"Well I got it first! Your true love can wait," I tried to lunge for the box.

All of a sudden, I felt a pair of hands grab me by the shoulder.

"Sorry sir, but fighting over merchandise is not allowed. I'm afraid you'll have to come with me."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Taemin's POV

As soon as we were in the empty white office, I doubled over laughing.

"You got arrested by Minho! You got arrested by Minho!" I sang, pointing my finger at him.

Minho, who was wearing his mall cop uniform, eyed the two of us with an amused smile.

"So, what the heck was that about?" he snickered, turning to Jonghyun.

Jonghyun frowned and crossed his arms.

"That kid got the last pair of those special headphones. He was getting them for Eun Ha's birthday," I explained, still laughing at the hilarity of the situation. We were inside a small white office with a jail cell in the corner.

Minho sighed.

"Yeah well, mall policy. No fighting over merchandise," he lectured Jonghyun, who sulked.

"I'm sorry. Can I go now?" Jonghyun pleaded, getting up.

"No!" Minho shot forward quickly and sat Jonghyun down again, "I'm going to need to see your ID. I can't release minors."

"Dude, I'm 18! You know that!" Jonghyun gasped.

"ID?" Minho reached an arm out.

Narrowing his eyes, Jonghyun reached into his pocket.

His eyes immediately widened.

"Shoot! I don't have my wallet!" he shrieked.

I rolled my eyes. Of course not. He was wearing his pajamas. Duh.

"How were you going to pay for Eun Ha's present then?" Minho furrowed his eyebrows together.

"Damn it! I need to go get my wallet, now!" Jonghyun lunged towards the door.

I moved forward to block him.

"Wait! Minho said he can't release you unless you have proof that you're an adult," I smirked.

Minho turned to me.

"Or you can sign this form saying you're responsible for Jonghyun. Then he can leave with you," he said mildly.

"Go Taemin! Sign it!" Jonghyun shook me by the shoulders.

Hmmm...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

Oh no.

Taemin eyed me with a small smirk before turning to Minho.

"Uh, I can't. I'm underage," Taemin said apologetically, pulling out his phone.

I tried not to scowl at him.

"What does that have to do with anything?!" I nearly screamed.

He held up his hands in defense.

"Well I don't want to vouch for you then get held accountable the next time you do something bad," he said in horror.

"So you're letting me go to mall jail?!" I cried desperately.

"Yeah, sorry hyung. But my record is squeaky clean," Taemin shrugged before dialing.

"Wait, who are you calling?!" I cried out desperately when Taemin opened the door and began to exit.

He rolled his eyes.

"Someone to bail you out, of course," he snickered.

Oh my god.

"Call my mom and you are so DEAD!"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You're enjoying this," I frowned at Minho, who was leaning back in his chair reading a magazine.

He looked up and grinned.

"I am actually."

I scowled in his direction before collapsing back onto the leather couch. At least he didn't put me in the cell.

With a sigh, I began to examine the room.

It was air-conditioned. The walls were a tasteful cream color. The carpet was dark brown with intricate designs on it. Minho's desk was polished wood and his swivel chair was red leather. On the wall hung a huge flatscreen tv with an Xbox connected to it.

"So, do all mall cop offices look like this?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Obviously not. But my parents wanted me to be 'comfortable' at work so they paid my boss to give me this huge office," Minho smirked.

I stuck my tongue out at him and decided to just swing my legs back and forth.

All of a sudden, Minho sat up and grabbed me by the elbow.

"What?!" I yelled out.

He grinned.

"I just remembered. This is my first time 'arresting somebody' and I've always wanted to do this," he said happily, stopping in front of the jail cell and opening the door.

Oh no. Please don't tell me—

"To jail with thee!" he cried out before shoving me inside and slamming the cell door shut.

...

"Okay that's all," he opened the door again and sat back down.

"Weirdo," I muttered.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eun Ha's POV

"So let me get this straight. Jonghyun fought with a little kid, was arrested by Minho, thrown into mall jail, and is currently waiting for someone to bail him out?" my jaw dropped open in disbelief.

Taemin nodded excitedly.

"You're joking right?" I raised an eyebrow at Taemin.

"Nope," he said happily.

"Are you sure Jonghyun didn't just send you here so he can get me out of work?" I asked skeptically.

He rolled his eyes.

"Trust me. I wish that was the case."

I sighed.

"Fine. Let me ask Key if I can go," I laughed and pushed the curtain that separated the kitchen from the cashier counter.

"Key, is it okay if I leave for like ten minutes? I need to bail Jonghyun out of jail," he snickered.

Key looked up from his mirror.

"Yeobo's in jail?" his mouth dropped open.

"Mall jail," Taemin jumped in, "Wanna come with us?"

Key's eyes lit up.

"To the mall?! Sure! Let me just tell Mrs. Kim!"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Minho's POV

"Wow. You guys are all here," I looked up from my magazine when the door to my office opened.

Taemin was still dressed in his bad boy outfit while Eun Ha and Key were in their shop uniforms.

As soon as I spoke, Jonghyun jumped up and ran towards Eun Ha.

At the last second, Key stepped in front of her, causing Jonghyun to hug him instead.

"Miss me much?" Key smirked, pulling away. Jonghyun rolled his eyes and lightly hit him on the head.

Laughing, Eun Ha walked over to me.

"So where's the 'release form?'" she laughed.

"No need. Just take him," I grinned.

"WHAT?!" Jonghyun wheeled on me, his mouth wide open, "You mean, you just kept me here for fun?! I didn't even need a release form?!"

"Dude. I'm not a real cop. I'm a mall security guard. Did you really believe me?" I laughed.

"Choi Min—"

"Shouldn't you go hyung? Don't you need to get something?" Taemin cut in and raised an eyebrow at Jonghyun significantly.

Jonghyun's eyes widened in realization and he glanced at the clock that hung on my wall.

"You're right, I need to go," he ran towards Key and grabbed Key's wallet out of his apron.

"I'll borrow this," he called over his shoulder before running away.

"Bwoh?!" Key stared after him in disbelief, "Yah! Wait!"

Taemin, Eun Ha, and I followed them out interestedly and watched Key chase Jonghyun down the escalators.

"I hope they don't get tackled by security," I laughed. At least Jonghyun will get to buy his gift.

"So why was Jonghyun 'arrested?'" Eun Ha raised an eyebrow, grinning.

"He ran into some trouble buying something," I simplified the story with a snicker.

"So, since they're doing their own thing, want to go buy some fried chicken?" Taemin eyed a restaurant longingly.

"I have to get back to work," I sighed.

"I don't have that much cash," Eun Ha frowned.

Taemin laughed.

"Silly rabbit! That's what Key's credit card is for!" he pulled out a golden card triumphantly.

I bit back a laugh.

"He's going to kill you."

Taemin widened his eyes innocently.

"But it's chicken. Won't he suspect Onew?"

Eun Ha tilted her head.

"Speaking of Onew, I wonder what he's doing right now..."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Onew's POV

I surveyed the mall closely. A ton of students form our school were lounging around.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a flash of yellow.

Bingo!

Jonghyun and Key were heading towards the A-yo music store.

"He's right there," I tapped the girl on her shoulder.

Hyo Min. She goes to our school and she's pretty popular. I never talk to her though.

She has ink black hair and always wears blue contacts for fun. She's not haughty like some queenkas, but she does have attitude.

"Where?" she craned her neck around then spotted Jonghyun. Her lips immediately curled up into a smile.

"See? What'd I tell you," I said proudly before frowning.

Hyo Min took a step forward.

"But seriously, give up on him," I gulped. Because he definitely won't be interested in you. I mean, I have more of a chance with him.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," she rolled her eyes, "Thanks for the help."

I sighed.

"Thank you. Please don't hesitate to call again," I rolled my eyes before walking away.

Whatever. It's her problem now. And Jonghyun's problem, obviously.

With that in mind, I jogged towards the exit.

I was almost out the mall though when I saw something that made my jaw drop wide open.

Eun Ha eating chicken without me?!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

"Is there really no more left?" I begged the cashier. The wall that displayed the headphones was empty.

She eyed me sympathetically.

"Sorry sir. The next shipment comes in next week," she replied apologetically.

"Too bad. You shouldn't have waited so long," Key lectured me as we walked out.

I opened my mouth to talk but stopped when a girl suddenly stopped in front of me.

She was wearing denim mini shorts, black tights, a red shirt and had sunglasses. Her thin arms were weighed down by numerous shopping bags.

"Hey Hyo Min," Key greeted her casually.

So that's her name. She must go to our school.

"Hi," I followed Key's example.

Awkward silence followed. After all, neither of us actually know her that well.

"I haven't seen you around school lately," she lowered her sunglasses and stared at me.

"Basketball practice," I shrugged, rubbing the back of my neck uncomfortably.

"I don't see you walking home anymore either," she frowned.

"What a stalker," Key muttered looking away.

"I moved into an apartment with someone," I explained. The sentence reminded me that I still needed to buy Eun Ha a present.

"Ah. Well, I've been wanting to tell you something a for awhile," Hyo Min grinned, "I guess now's my chance."

"Uh, tell me what?" I raised an eyebrow, noticing that Key was tapping his foot impatiently.

"Jonghyun oppa, I love you. Will you go out with me?" Hyo Min grabbed my wrist.

What?! My eyes widened.

Around us, people had stopped to stare.

"What the hell?! She chose him?" some guy cried from my left.

"I-I can't compete with her," a girl wailed from behind me.

I studied Hyo Min carefully for the first time. She was incredibly pretty like Eun Ha, with ink black hair and startling blue eyes.

On her face was a small smirk.

"Can you reject me in front of all these people?" she grinned playfully, tilting her head.

I gulped. We were in a crowded mall with tons of people from school staring us down.

"I guess you timed your confession perfectly," Key cut in dryly, voicing my thoughts.

She turned to glare at him.

"Why do you care?" she narrowed her eyes and jabbed a finger towards him.

Oh my god!

My eyes widened when I saw the contents of her shopping bag, which was hanging form her right arm.

"You have three pairs of the headphones from A-yo?!" I choked out.

Hyo Min nodded, distracted.

"Can I buy one off you? I'll pay double," I begged, completely forgetting to answer her confession.

"I'll give you one if you date me," she smiled wickedly.

Hell no!

"He'll do it!" a voice jumped in excitedly.

I wheeled around frantically.

"He'll do it," Taemin repeated with a huge grin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 Taemin's POV

After Onew scolded us for not inviting him, he forced me to return Key's credit card...after we paid for the meal.

I was about to walk up to him when Hyo Min, this girl from my class, confessed to Jonghyun.

Around us, students from our school groaned and cried. Jonghyun's practically the most popular guy and Hyo Min's pretty popular herself.

"I'll give you one if you date me," Hyo Min dangled the headphones in front of hyung.

He narrowed his eyes and opened his mouth to protest but I jumped in.

"He'll do it!" I practically screamed before dragging him away.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"And why will I do it?!" Jonghyun said through his teeth, his hands on my shoulder. I had dragged him around the corner. Luckily, Key held Hyo Min back.

"One, you need a birthday present for Eun Ha," I reminded him.

"Two, this is the perfect plan!" I shook him by the shoulders.

"Huh?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Think about it. Date Hyo Min. Tell Eun Ha you're only doing it because you don't want people to suspect that you're gay. Tell her Key's okay with it, too," I said in one breath.

"And why would I do that?" he asked slowly, still not getting it.

I smacked my forehead.

"Look. Pretending you're with Key won't get you any further. Date Hyo Min and Eun Ha will see what an amazing potential boyfriend you could be! Then she'll fall for you, we'll take Hyo Min out of the picture, and Key hyung will be ecstatic," I finished triumphantly.

...

Jonghyun ran his hand through his hair and considered my brilliant plan.

"Date Hyo Min and show Eun Ha how great of a boyfriend I'd make...I'll do it!" Jonghyun pumped his fits into the air.

Ah, Jonghyun hyung. So easily swayed. But no matter what, he can't tell Eun Ha he was never gay. Or else he'll kill me for not telling him the truth about her not really liking gay guys...

My plan will definitely get Eun Ha and Jonghyun together without getting me in trouble.

Right?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Next Chapter Preview:

-

"Just so you know, I'm only doing this for the headphones," Jonghyun reminded me.

I shrugged.

"Don't worry. Sooner or later, you'll fall for me," I smirked, linking my arm with his.

-

"Sorry, but I sort of drugged your drink," Taemin said guiltily.

What?!

-

Is Jonghyun really going to do this?!

"We have to spy on him. That girl is not laying a hand on my boyfriend," I snarled.

Onew grinned.

"Don't worry. I have the connections. We can easily spy on them." he said wickedly.

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow curiously.

He shrugged.

"I'm sort of a professional prowler," he said seriously, handing me a business card.

"Shadow Inc." was written across the top in big bold letters.

Underneath it were some details:

Lee Jinki (Onew)

-Professional Follower

-Specializes in tracking people down

-Stealthy like a ninja

-Will get the job done

-Please contact Mr. Park if you encounter many problems.

Prowler. Follower.

"That's your job?! You're a stalker-for-hire?!" I screeched.

-

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

I felt like updating this XD

I hope you guys liked the chapter.

And the chapter previews!

Taemin's doing more scheming.

Tell me what you think X)

Leave comment! Short or long (long ones are LOVED) LOL

Hope the chapter was okay X)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬