Let's Be Roommates

She's Into , So Call Me Gay

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eun Ha's POV

"Face it. There's no way you'll find an affordable apartment," Onew noted the apartment listings in my hand as he sat down next to me.

We were currently in our cooking class and he had just taken our cookies out of the oven.

They were supposed to be perfect circles, but we tried to make them star shaped. In the end, we had splat-shaped cookies that were stuck to the pan.

"I mean, you don't even have a job," he continued, pointing at the monthly rent statements. Unfortunately, nearly every apartment in Seoul was expensive.

I scoffed and turned to look at him.

"For your information, I'm applying for a job at the mall," I stuck my tongue out at him before turning to face the front. It was true, after all. I had seen a sign in one of the bakeries...

Onew leaned forward and smirked.

"I don't think that will be enough to pay for everything," he said smugly, taking a huge bite out of a warm chocolate chip cookie.

I frowned, wanting to wipe the smirk off his face.

My eyes lit up when I remembered my conversation with Jonghyun earlier today.

"I think it will be, because I've already found a roommate," I said triumphantly, watching his expression turn to shock.

Right. A cute, hot, roommate with the most heart-melting smile...

"Who?! Who's living with you?!" Onew demanded, setting the cookie down.

A cute, hot, gay roommate with the most heart-melting smile...

I avoided his gaze and grabbed a cookie as a distraction.

"Eun Ha, tell me now or else," he narrowed his eyes. Despite his tone, I smiled. Onew was the only person I could count on to protect me.

So taking a deep breath, I answered him.

"Don't tell my parents, but I've decided to room with...Jonghyun," I whispered, making sure nobody around us heard.

"W-WHAT?! Jonghyun as in Kim Jonghyun, the GUY from our class?! Jonghyun as in that blond guy who looks like a dinosaur?! The Kim Jonghyun who just randomly his lips?! The guy who always looks bored?! That KIM JONGHYUN?!" Onew screamed, causing everybody to turn.

"Be quiet!" I covered his mouth and waited until everyone busied themselves again, "Geez, you sound like his stalker or something."

Onew pulled my hand away frantically.

"You're going to live with that guy?!" he grabbed my shoulders and shook me, "Are you crazy?! Oh my god, did you guys elope?!"

I pulled away quickly with wide eyes.

"Of course not!" I hit him on the shoulder and took a deep calming breath.

"I'm telling your parents! Like, right now!" Onew shook his head furiously and pulled out his cell phone.

I narrowed my eyes and snatched the phone away.

"Tell anyone and I'll...I'll tell your mom that you've been spending your college funds at that expensive chicken restaurant," I glared at him and whipped out my phone.

Smirking triumphantly, I showed him the picture I had taken the day I saw him at "The Grotto." It was an incredibly expensive restaurant that specialized in chicken.

Yes. Surprisingly, those actually exist.

Onew's mouth dropped open when he realized that I knew.

"You wouldn't," he frowned, debating on whether or not he should snatch his phone back.

"Oppa, please. Can't you trust my judgment? I trust Jonghyun and living with him won't be a problem..." I sighed and trailed off.

Right. The worst that could happen is that he'd ask to do my hair or something...

Onew let out a loud groan.

"Don't even try to sound reasonable. I know that if I say anything you'll report me," he took his phone back and snatched it away.

"Don't worry. I'll be fine living with Jonghyun. You can even come over to check on me," I grinned at him, relieved that he wasn't putting up more of a fight.

Onew scoffed before a smile made its way onto his face.

"Of course. I'll come over every single morning," he said to himself, shoving the cookie back into his mouth.

I paused before groaning.
Great.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Onew's POV

As soon as she turned to face the front, I sneakily glanced at her phone.

No good. It was tightly clutched in her right hand. With her left hand, she was copying down the recipe the teacher was putting on the board.

There's no way I can erase that picture...
I should have gone to the restaurant in disguise or something.

Sighing, I leaned my head on my hand and turned to her.

"Are you sure you'll be okay living with Jonghyun? I mean, you're a girl and he's a guy!" I whispered, nudging her.
"Plus, you don't even know him!"

She turned to me with an amused smile.

"But apparently, you do. Seems like you watch him a lot," she teased, nudging my elbow.

I rolled my eyes.

"I've just known him for a long time. I know you don't take very much interest in what I do," I pretended to be upset, "but don't you remember that he's the basketball team's captain?"

She raised an eyebrow.

"So..?"

I sighed.

"I'm on the basketball team, remember?!" I gave her a significant look.

She paused.

"The big game last year?! I was dribbling the ball, then I tripped; but I still made it in the basket," I said proudly.

"Oh," widened before she turned back to the front.

"Anyways, I've known Jonghyun for a really long time and I really trust him..." I shut my mouth quickly. Wow. I just sounded like I totally approve of her moving in with a guy. Okay, rewind.

She looked at me, waiting for me to continue.

"But he's still a GUY," I said slowly.

"I don't know if Jonghyun would like it if I told you...But you're my cousin after all," she deliberated, tapping her finger on her chin.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow curiously, sitting up straight.

Eun Ha leaned in closer.

"Jonghyun's...gay."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Taemin's POV

As soon as the bell rang, everybody jumped out of their seats and ran to the cafeteria.

The teacher tried to make us stay behind so she could make an announcement, but everybody just darted out of class.

Usually, Jonghyun waited for me by the door. Today though, he trudged out without glancing back.

"It's like a scene from a drama," one of the girls, whispered, pointing at him.

Sure enough, he was slowly brushing the hair out of his face while he let out a long sigh.

I bit my lip. He usually tries to look calm and cool, but today, he just kept sighing.

Maybe he's still heartbroken.

Blowing the hair out of my face, I finished packing my things and ran after him.

I guess I should tell him after all...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

Slowly, I made my way to the cafeteria. As usual, it was crowded with people.

As always, I scanned the room for Eun Ha. She usually sat by Onew. Today though, Onew was sitting alone.

Speaking of Eun Ha...

I can't believe I actually told her that this morning. I mentally hit myself on the head.

Maybe I can avoid her the rest of the day and she'll forget I ever said anything. Right..?!

But at that moment, as if fate was laughing at me, the doors to the cafeteria opened and Eun Ha walked in.

Oh my god!

I panicked, unsure of what to do.

I looked around quickly and saw Key sitting down next to Minho, talking about some party they were attending.

Quickly, I ran over and stopped in front of Key. I must be crazy. But love makes you do crazy things right?!

So taking a deep breath, I sat down on Key's lap and threw my arms around him.

"H-Hey honey," I said brightly, trying not to scream.
At that moment, Eun Ha stopped beside our table. She paused and stared at Key and me before taking a deep breath.

"Jonghyun, I've decided it would be great if you could be my roommate," she bit her lip, waiting for my answer.

Oh my god. Oh my god! Yes! Yes! It worked!

I completely forgot about backing out of the plan.

"That would be great," I agreed, trying not to start jumping out of extreme joy.

She gave me a small smile before going over to sit with Onew, who was in the far corner.

As soon as she was out of sight, I stood up and pumped my fist in the air.

I was about to walk away grinning when someone grabbed my elbow.

"Okay. What the hell was that about?!" Key and Minho screamed simultaneously.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Taemin's POV

Oh my god.

Oh my god.

OH MY GOD!

"NOOOOOOO!" I unconsciously let out a loud scream, which caused Jonghyun, Key and Minho to turn to me.

"D-did you just...on Key...H-Honey?!" I stuttered, pointing at Jonghyun.

He gulped and in a flash, Key had dragged him out of the cafeteria.

Minho did the same with me.

As soon as we were in the empty hallway, Key let go of Jonghyun.

"Okay. Explain, now!" Key turned to Jonghyun, his hands shaking.

Jonghyun opened his mouth but Key cut him off.

"HONEY?! Have you gone crazy?!" Key threw his hands up in desperation.

"And jumping on my lap?! Jumping on my lap?!" Key screeched, walking around in circles.

I could feel myself shrinking in fear.

This is bad.

If I tell Jonghyun now, he'll probably be mad.

But Key...

will probably kill me.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

"I'm not gay!" I screamed out before Key could get anymore ideas.

He stopped in his tracks and waited for me to continue.

"The truth is that I like a girl named Eun Ha," I confessed quickly.

"So?! What does that have to do with what you just did?!" Minho wrinkled his forehead in confusion.

"Eun Ha only likes guys who are gay," I admitted, looking down.

There was a long silence.

"Wait. So are you telling me," Key said slowly, "that you told her we were dating?!"

"Uh...no. I mean...not yet," I looked up hopefully.

Key's eyes widened.

"BWOH?! What do you mean not yet?! I AM NOT going to date you," he backed away quickly.

I ran forward and grabbed his hand.

"Please? Please? Aren't you supposed to be my best friend? Don't you want to help me?" I begged, getting down on my knees.

"Get up," he hissed, looking around quickly.

"If someone sees, it'll look like you're proposing," he pulled me.

"PLEASE? PLEASE?! PLEASE?" I chanted over and over again.

"Wow. You must really like her," Minho sounded amused.

"I do!" I nodded before turning back to Key.

"Please?" I put my hands together.

Key stared at me uncertainly.

"Why can't it be Minho or Taemin?" he raised an eyebrow.

I glanced at Minho, who immediately glared at me.

Taemin widened his eyes before backing away and tripping on his own feet.

I whirled back around to face Key.

"Because she already saw us together in the cafeteria! If it's someone else, she'll think I'm a player," I complained.

Key snorted and rolled his eyes.

"Just do it Key," Minho sighed, letting out a small smile, "He's liked her for a really long time."

Key blew the hair out of his face before scoffing.

"Fine. But I'm the man in the relationship."

"What?! No! I'm the man!" I said quickly.

"Then wouldn't it make more sense for her to live with me if that's the case?" he raised an eyebrow.

"You wear pink all the time! You're obviously the woman," I argued, pointing at the pink headphones around his neck.

"W-what?! You're the one who cries when we watch romance movies!" he pointed at me.

"Yeah, but you're the one who rents those movies!"

"Look, do you want me to help you or not?!" he said, clearly frustrated.

I closed my mouth and frowned.

"Fine," I gave up.

Oh!

"But that means when we go on dates, you pay. Right?"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eun Ha's POV

"Do you need me to drive you home?" Onew paused in front of his car.

"It's fine," I grinned.

"I'm going to look for Jonghyun so we can choose an apartment together," I waved him off.

He rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. I know I can trust him with you, so I won't worry too much. Just text me when you find one. I'll be back at school for practice, so if you want a ride home later, meet me in the gym," he smiled before hopping into his car and driving off.

Now off to find Jonghyun!

Luckily, I had Taemin's phone number.

Jogging back to the main school building, I put the phone against my ear.

"Yobosaeyo?" Taemin answered after a few rings.

"Taemin, it's Eun Ha. Do you know where Jonghyun is?" I asked, rounding a corner.

"Right here," Taemin's voice came from the phone and from right in front of me.

Since I had been running, I slid to a stop and ended up crashing into someone's chest.

"Oh, sorry," I backed away quickly and found myself looking up at an incredibly attractive guy.

He had dark brown hair with different colors in his bangs.

I flashed back to my senses and saw Jonghyun standing behind him. Next to him was Taemin and Minho.

"I was just looking for you," I laughed, putting my phone away.

"Sorry, I needed to talk with Key," Jonghyun rubbed the back of his forehead.

I turned back to the guy with brown hair.

"O-oh, you're Jonghyun's..."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

"O-oh, you're Jonghyun's..."

I groaned on the inside.

I hadn't planned on running into her with Key.

Now I have to act...all girly.

I shuddered at the thought.

Key seemed to notice because he gave a smirk before coming around behind me.

"This is payback for jumping on me," he said quietly before putting hugging me from behind.

My eyes widened at the same time as Eun Ha's.

Please kill me now. Who knew this would be so hard?!

"I'm his boyfriend," Key smiled, ruffling my hair.

Crap. I knew I should've begged him to let me be the guy.

"U-uh, no need to do that Key," I tried elbowing him in the stomach.

Okay, he is SO getting it during basketball practice.

"Aw, come on. Don't act like you don't like it when I touch you," he whispered loudly before burying his face in my back.

I could feel him shaking with silent laughter.

Minho desperately cleared his throat while he tried not to burst out laughing. Taemin watched us with a huge smile on his face.

I forced a grin on my face and turned back to Eun Ha.

"Oh, well I'm Eun Ha," Eun Ha smiled, "Jonghyun said he'd be my roommate."

Key stopped laughing and looked up.

"Roommate?!" he looked at me in disbelief.

I knew it was because I hadn't told him about that part.

"It's okay, you don't have to be jealous," I smirked, turning to Eun Ha.

"He can be so clingy sometimes," I stage-whispered.

She laughed and while she was distracted, I stomped Key on the foot hard then pulled away.

"Anyways, we need to go look at apartments now, so bye," I grabbed Eun Ha's hand then pulled her away before she could protest.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Taemin's POV

"So that's Eun Ha, huh?" Key stared at their retreating figures, "She's pretty."

"Yah! How could you say that?! Aren't you supposed to say 'Jonghyun's mine,'" I joked.

Key grumbled.

"That guy should be glad I'm doing this for him," he muttered under his breath.

I laughed. It was already too late anyways.

And Key agreed.

So technically, I did nothing wrong.

I guess now it's just time to sit back and watch.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jonghyun's POV

"So, which ones were you looking at?" I took a drink out of my water bottle then peeked over Eun Ha's shoulder at the list of available apartments.

We were currently walking down one of Seoul's busiest streets.

"I think this one's the best," she pointed at one of the less expensive apartments.

It was basically a huge room with a bathroom by the entrance. The kitchen overlooked the city.

I stared at the picture. The huge room was the only bedroom.

As if she read my mind, Eun Ha spoke.

"We can divide it in half with a huge curtain. Since it's only one bedroom, it's a lot cheaper. And it's huge," she said excitedly.

I shrugged.

"Okay. Let's go get it then," I smiled, unconsciously entwining my hand around hers.

I couldn't help but grin when she didn't pull away.
With her free hand, she hailed a taxi.

Still holding hands, we climbed in.

She handed the address of the apartment to the driver, who glanced at it before speeding off.

Soon, we were zooming down the streets.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"So, how long have you and Key been dating?" Eun Ha spoke up, tilting her head curiously.

I could feel my face redden when the taxi driver glanced at me in the mirror.

"Around...five months," I lied, trying to keep my voice low.

"But could you keep it a secret in school?" I whispered.

After all, I didn't want to pretend in front of everybody.

She smiled. "Sure."

A few more moments of silence passed.

Hmm...Since we're on the subject of...er, boyfriends...

"Have you ever dated anyone?" I asked Eun Ha, trying to keep the curiosity out of my voice.

"N-no," she stuttered, looking down.

Oh my god, she's too cute.

"I'm sure you'll find someone," I assured her, taking another sip of water.

Yeah.

ME!

"I've never had my first kiss either," she grinned sheepishly, "I hated playing games like spin the bottle..."

"R-really?" I widened my eyes. Oh my god. That means I can be her first!

"So..." she spoke up.

"Have you and Key...kissed?"

I choked on the water I was drinking.

"WHAT?!"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Luckily, my phone beeped at that moment.

Thank you!

I flipped open my phone and saw a text message from Minho.

To: Jonghyun
From: Minho
Practice is cancelled today since you're out with Eun Ha right? Yay!

I tried texting him back, but he blocked his phone from receiving my messages.

My eyes widened and I immediately dialed Taemin's number.

"Hello?" he answered cheerfully.

"Taemin! You weren't supposed to answer!" Minho groaned from the background.

"Oh! You're right!" Taemin panicked, "What should I do?!"

"Hang up on me and I'll make you do three hundred push ups," I threatened him.

Three voices sighed in defeat.

"Taemin. The point of Minho texting him was so that we could ditch practice and say that we ditched because he didn't reply," Key said impatiently.

"Well sorry! I didn't know he would try calling me," Taemin answered back.

I felt someone poke my shoulder and saw Eun Ha motioning for me to put the phone on speaker.

As soon as I did, she leaned closer.

Oh my god. She's so close! I could feel my face redden.
"Hey guys," she said happily.

"Oh hey Eun Ha," Key answered cheekily. Taemin and Minho greeted her in the background.

"Don't talk to her so casually," I mumbled underneath my breath.

Luckily, she didn't hear.

"You guys shouldn't ditch practice," she scolded them while smiling.

I grinned. I guess she could see why I was so agitated. Are we in sync or what?

"But Jonghyun's not even here" Key sulked.

"We'll hurry back and bring you guys snacks. So work hard okay?" she answered for me.

I raised an eyebrow at her.

"We can stop by the convenience store after we rent the apartment," she explained.

I nodded.

"Okay. So wait for us, arasso?" I said into the phone.

The three of them groaned but mumbled okay.

I put the phone down on my lap with a sigh.

As soon as I did, Eun Ha smirked.

"So, you still haven't answered. Have you and Key kissed?" she said mischievously, continuing our earlier conversation.

My eyes widened and just when I opened my mouth to yell no, a voice spoke up.

"Of course we have," Key said loudly.

Crap!

I glanced down and saw that I didn't hang up the phone.
I reached for it but just then, the driver slammed the brakes, causing my phone to slide under the seat.

"Actually.." Key continued, loudly. After all, it was on speakerphone.

"Jonghyun and I..."

I frantically felt around the floor for the phone.

I could almost see the evil smile on Key's face right now. This must be his revenge for all the torture I put him through during basketball season.

"We make out ALL THE TIME."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Key's POV

As soon as I finished, I hung up quickly.

At that moment, Taemin and Minho came back from the locker room.

Noticing the huge grin on my face, they raised their eyebrows.

I shrugged.

"You know, I think this will be fun after all," I smiled to myself.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Next Chapter Preview:

-

"Uh, are you two going to be living in the apartment?" the lady raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah," Jonghyun shrugged casually.

The woman looked scandalized.

"I-it's not what it looks like!" I stuttered, not wanting to be misunderstood.

"You two are at least married right?" she said disapprovingly.

"We're not," Jonghyun sighed exasperatedly.

"Ah, they must be looking for a love nest," the older man raised an eyebrow.

"You don't understand. He already has a boyfriend!" I nearly screamed, trying to get them to pay attention.

"S-secret affair..?" they stared at us in shock.

-

"You're kidding right?!" Key glared at me.

"Nope. Thirty laps, now," I ordered him.

Just then, Eun Ha walked onto the court.

Key immediately switched tactics.

"Baby, why are you being so harsh on me? Is it because I was...too rough last night?" Key pulled me in for a hug.

-

"You're the one who wanted to pretend," he laughed, taking a drink out of his water bottle.

"I never told you to act all lovey-dovey with me!" I twitched, remembering the hugs.

"I know. That's just for fun. Eun Ha's face looks priceless when I do it," he laughed to himself.

Yeah right.

He just enjoys torturing with me.

-

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬