The Games End

Be My Honey

The large auditorium buzzed with chatter as the celebrities of SM Entertainment and their honeys filled the large room.

"You, are you coming?" Kai gruffly called to Nana.

"Ah, neh!" Nana followed Kai's lead as he weaved through the crowd of people, before he settled in a spot next to Taemin.

"Hyung," he greeted with a small bow.

"Ah, hey there," Taemin smiled and gave a wave to Nana, "hey Nana!"

"Hello," Nana shyly smiled and waved back before making her way to Ina's side.

"I'm so glad the games are over," Ina sighed in relief and clung on to Nana's arm.

"Well, you and Taemin-ssi weren't in a position to face a dropping anyway," Nana assured.

"True, but we did so horrible on our last few tests. We ended up in the middle thank goodness!"

Nana nodded.

She and Kai had done very well for their first games and had passed all of their tests with excellent marks.

"Excuse me, excuse me. Settle down!" A representative of SM Entertainment shushed the large crowd as she tapped the microphone in front of her.

The room fell to a hush.

"First of all, we would like to congratulate all of you for completing the games. It was not easy for most of you, but you pulled through. Unfortunately, rules apply of the dropping of the lowest scoring team. This year, the lowest overall scoring team did not win any competitions, nor did they pass with any marks on their exams. We are sorry to announce that Shina, honey of SHINee's Jonghyun will be dropped. We thank Shina for all her work she's done since 2008 and we hope she can fulfill her new dreams and further her education."

A hesitant pause caused the atmosphere of the room to become heavy before a meek and slow round of applause.

"We thank you for being here for this short announcement. This formally concludes SM Entertainment's games. We will now all go back to our regular lives."

Kai groaned.

"Man, they hearded us all into this room for just an announcement that took a minute? Why couldn't they have just used the intercom?!?!"

"I think the dropping of a honey is a big deal," Nana tried explain.

"Besides, it's the kind of news everyone has to hear. With all the commotion going on 24/7 here, it's impossible to get everyone to hear the intercom announcements."

"Hmph," Kai ruffled his hair in frustration before taking Nana's arm.

"Eh?" Nana blinked in surprise.

"I can't have you get lost. You could get trampled by all these people pouring out!"

"Oh, thank you," Nana gulped a bit.

'That's so nice of him. Eh?' Nana felt a tingle in her stomach.

'No! You can't feel that way around him. It's against the honey code!'

Nana shook off the warm sensation and let Kai guide her out of the room.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

"HIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Nana screamed and used all her force to kick the vending machine.

As usual, all the machines, except for the supposed "broken one," were out of cola.

Unfortunately, the only soda Kai drank was cola.

"You've gotten good!" A pair of hands clapped.

"Thanks for showing me how to do it," Nana smiled as she triumphantly held up the can of soda and faced Jonghyun.

"Yeah, though I must say, I wish I could have done it for you again. I like showing my manly side!" Jonghyun stuck out his tongue a little and flexed his right arm.

"Very funny," Nana laughed and rolled her eyes.

"So, how are you fairing without a honey?" She changed the subject to a more serious matter.

"Great," Jonghyun spread his arms wide.

"I'm a free man."

"Uh, haven't you always been?"

"Nah. It's kinda burdensome having someone hover over you all the time," Jonghyun scratched the tip of his nose.

"You're not always going to be 'free' though," Nana reminded him.

"SM still hasn't found a replacement yet? It's already been a full week since the games ended and Shina was dropped."

"Apparently none of the girls they have on file currently would be a good 'match' for me," Jonghyun recapped.

"Hmm..." Nana contemplated.

"Yeah, they're going to look into the honey's association's full database soon."

"That sounds like a fun job," Nana sarcastically laughed.

"Couldn't think of anything better," Jonghyun joned in on the joke.

The two were then faced with an awkward silence that fell on them as the joke wore off.

"Well, I uh. Better go. Master Kai doesn't like waiting too long for his drink," Nana waved and turned around to leave.

"Nana-ssi!" Jonghyun stopped her and grabbed onto her arm.

"Eh? What are you doing? I have to go now. Do you need something?" Nana wasn't sure what to think.

"Be my honey, Kim Nana," Jonghyun boldy proposed.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

"BWOH!?!?!??!" Nana shook Jonghyun's grip from her arm.

"Jonghyun-ssi, are you in your right mind right now? There is no way for that to happen. I am Master Kai's honey. I was recruited and assigned to be his honey from the start. There is no way for you to claim me as your own."

"I am in my right mind," Jonghyun's voice became low.

"I looked into it. You can become my honey if you choose to leave Jongin."

"Where did you find that? And why would I?" Nana asked, confused.

"Shina left her handbook behind after she left. It's rule #19, clause 5: A honey may leave the position if he/she so wishes. In doing so, he/she can either retire and go back to normal life or become a honey of a new master if recruited or requested by the celebrity themself," Jonghyun rattled off the information.

'Crap. I forgot about that rule. I'm really rusty on those. I should look at them again soon,' Nana reminded herself.

"And 'why?' you ask? Because although Jongin has become nicer, he's still rough with you. He makes you do pointless tasks and you're worn out by the end of the day from doing all these little things that didn't need to be done in the first place. He doesn't know how to treat you well as a man, Nana-ssi."

"Jonghyun-ssi," Nana began, "Master Kai doesn't have an obligation to be a 'man who treats me well.' That's a phrase used for romantic relationships. A honey's job is to look after their master and cater to their needs. While physical and mental abuse from the master is prohibited, there are no rules saying that a master must be chivalrous to his/her honey. And by rule, a honey can never have a romantic relationship with a master."

"I don't care," Jonghyun bit his lip.

"I don't like the way he treats you and bosses you around. You should do your job as smoothly and as little as possible. I've heard that you've got a younger brother and you're supporting him by yourself. You're still in high school and your parents aren't alive anymore to protect you. You have a difficult life, Kim Nana. Why make it harder on yourself by waiting on a master that just treats you like garbage and adds to your worries?"

"Just stop," Nana closed her eyes and held up her hand.

"You sound like you're pitying me and my situation. I don't need pity. Find someone else."

With that, Nana shook her head and turned to leave once again.

"I'm disappointed in you Kim Jonghyun. I thought you had more intergrity than that."

Nana paused before shaking her head again, leaving Jonghyun by himself.

"I'm sorry," he sighed and leaned against the nearest wall.

"I just want to protect you and keep you for myself. Why do you always look at him, he doesn't do anything for you...."

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

Author's Notes:

Whoooooo, sorry guys...short and kinda crappy chapter....but I felt like I needed to move the story along and give you SOMETHING for this week.

My bad habit is to not have any ideas for what to write and then I end up not updating and thinking "I'll do it tomorrow or the next day I have free of homework."

Yet, that always turns into me just not doing anything until when next weekend rolls around.

So there's the werid cycle. =.="

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

Thank you, you for viewing "Be My Honey" Please comment ~ ^.^