A Call From SM Entertainment

Be My Honey

"DING DONG DING DONG. DING DONG DING DONG."

The chimes of the school went off, signaling the end of the school day and classes.

"AAAAAAAAH~" Nana stretched out across her desk and smiled in bliss.

Finally, the day was over and she could go home to rest and take care of her brother, for it was the weekend.

"Happy the day is over, huh?" Nana's best friend, Chae Ina gave a gentle smile to her.

"You have no idea. Pulling through the school week was like torture for me!"

"Hmm, because you weren't going to find out if you got that internship job until this afternoon?" Ina pondered.

"You got it!" Nana heaved herself up from her seat and began packing her supplies.

"I would have loved to come with you, but I have to go now. Taemin's got a full schedule this weekend, starting in an hour, so I need to leave," Ina hurridly stuffed her materials into her own bag and gave a peace sign, indicating she was leaving.

"Being a honey must be hard, huh?" Nana muttered to herself and headed out as well.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

Nana was just about to exit through the large doors of the main entrance of the school when she heard a muffled cry.

"Please, don't hurt me. I'm sorry," the small voice pleaded.

'Oh great, not again,' Nana dropped her bag and made her way to the overly-familar corner of the school.

"YAH!" She screamed at a bunch of girls who had huddled around a frightened Ina.

"BWOH?" One of them turned around and gave Nana a death glare. "You want to die too?"

"Give it a break," Nana rolled her eyes. "You're all just jealous es. It's not Ina's fault that she was blessed with the most gorgeous face in all of Seoul."

"Like you care," the girl scoffed back. "If she's the prettiest, you must be the ugliest!"

"Nana!" Ina watched as the girls migrated from her towards her friend.

"You want a piece of me?" Nana tried to conceal her nerves.

"The question is, do YOU want a piece of ME," a girl with an ugly pig-nose lashed out at Nana.

The corner became a chaotic mess, with girls pulling at each other's hair and the sound of slaps coming from every direction.

This was normal, for Ina, being the most delicate and beautiful flower in all of Korea (according to many standards), was always being bullied. 

"STOP!"

A whistle and the harsh yelling of the school administrator interrupted the cat fight.

"She started it!" The girl with the pig-nose whinned.

"Didn't your mother teach you not to pick on others?" Nana retorted back.

"Enough," the administrator held up his hand. "This has got to stop, and for good. You girls seem to always be at it. I'm going to have to phone all of your parents."

Everyone groaned, except for Nana, who quietly held up her hand.

"Yes...Kim Nana, I know," the administrator sighed. "You have no parents. You and Chae Ina are allowed to leave."

"You're letting them go, AGAIN?" The other girls wailed in frustration.

"Let me remind all of you girls," the administrator began as Nana helped her friend up and the two left the school. "Those two girls there are the top students of their class and have excellent records. Unlike all of you girls. You all struggle with maintaining decent grades and may I remind one of you, you already have an offense for academic integrity. It is highly unlikely that I would believe any of you over those two."

Nana gave a smirk as she heard the last of the lecture.

'That's what you get.'

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

"You sure you're okay?" Nana worried as she helped straighten and freshen up Ina.

"Neh, gomawo," Ina smiled and brushed her bangs out of her face. "Are you okay?" She asked, concerned about Nana's face, which was a bit scratched up from earlier.

"It'll heal," Nana reassured Ina. "Go, you don't want to be late."

"It's alright, I'm already running a bit late. I can just make it up to Taemin by buying him some banana milk on the way to SM Entertainment. I hope you get that internship job," Ina waved and the two girls separated.

Yes, you may have been wondering since the first mentioning of his name, but we are talking about the famous "dancing machine" of SHINee, Lee Taemin.

Also, you may be curious as to what a 'honey' is and what they do.

Let's start at the beginning:

Idols these days are constantly having to worry about their images, scandals, and the ever-scary nature of saesang fans.

In order for all of these to be under control, the k-pop industry instilled the 'honey' system, in which every idol is assigned a personnel who caters to their needs, as well as to act as a personal assistant and protect them against scandals and saesang fans.

Who knows about this system?

No one, except for the idols, their companies and the entertainment industry, and the honeys themselves.

Ina was recruited in 2008 and trained to become the honey for SHINee's Taemin. Only being at the tender age of 13, Ina went through much stress, and so the secret about being a honey was spilled to her best friend, Kim Nana, who helped Ina during the times things seemed to become too much for her to handle on her own.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

Nana sighed and took a deep breath as she climbed up the steps of the pristine office space.

Today was the day that it would be revealed whom had gotten the internship with Vogue, Korea.

Nana had applied for two reasons:

#1. She needed the money to support herself and her younger brother, Kim Hyun

#2. It was the only job that had accepted her resume and asked for her to come in and be interviewed

'Well, here goes nothing,' Nana pushed open the glass doors of the headquarters.

"Can I help you, Miss?" The secretary stood and bowed as Nana entered.

"Yes, I'm here to inqure about the internship," Nana began.

"Oh. I'm sorry, Miss," the secretary apologized as she pulled up the information on her computer. "I'm afriad the person who was hired has already come by."

"Oh, okay," Nana gulped. "Thank you for your time and consideration."

'There goes that opportunity. Now I have to start over from scratch,' Nana bleakly thought as she walked out of the building and to the bus stop.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

"I'm home!" Nana called out into the small apartment space.

"Nuna!" A young boy, of about six popped his head out.

"Hyun," Nana regarded as she put her grocery bag on the kitchen counter.

"Well?" The young boy eagerly waited for the verdict.

Nana shook her head silently and began to take out the limited groceries she had picked up at the store on the way home.

"Gosh, I'm sorry," Hyun bit his lip and turned back to his homework.

"What are you working on?" Nana switched the focus of the conversation.

"Geometry," Hyun remarked.

"Already? Gosh Hyun, you're really a genius," Nana was in awe of her younger brother's genius genes he'd seemed to have inherited from their late parents.

"Nuna, you're also smart," Hyun gave a smile.

"Ani, not like you," Nana walked over and gave his head a fond .

"Nuna, I think your cell phone is ringing," Hyun nodded at Nana's front pocket, where Teen Top's "To You" was coming from.

"Thanks," Nana gave Hyun's hair another quick ruffle before standing and digging her hands into her pocket to retrieve the cell phone.

"Yoboseyo?" She asked quizzically, as she did not recognize the number.

"Hello, my name is Park Rina and I am a representative of SM Entertainment, I was wondering if I could speak to Kim Nana?" The voice at the other end spoke back to her.

"This is she," Nana asked, confused.

'What does SM Entertainment want with me? It couldn't possibly be for a trainee spot, for I don't have any singing or dancing or acting talents. And it couldn't be for another job in any department because I didn't apply.'

"Oh, I see. Well, I would like to inform you that you have been recommended by a friend, Chae Ina, for a job at SM Entertainment. We have recieved a copy of your resume through fax from other places you have applied to and after review, we have decided that we would like to hire you to be a honey."

"What?" Nana shook her head, still not comprehending anything.

'Ina asked SM Entertainment for me to be considered to be a honey? For whom?'

"We have a new group debuting from SM Entertainment in about two days, EXO. The teasers have been out for awhile. We have been on the hunt for twelve girls to recruit and train to become honeys. I understand that you have already be informed about the honey system, and therefore, I do not have to explain it to you: another reason you were seriously considered and a top contender for this position. Do you accept?"

"I'm not sure what to think, I've never thought about becoming a honey," Nana finally found her voice.

"No one does. It's purely random and by choice of SM Entertainment and our secret honey recruiting department. We keep track of all eligible girls and contact them in advance. We would really much appreciate it if you took the offer."

Nana leaned against the kitchen counter and focused on her younger brother, who was now furiously scribbling all over his paper.

'Hyun's a genius. He'll definitely be offered the chance to study abroad and attend schools of high caliber. We'll need the funds to do that. Plus, we're already in such a dismal state.'

"When do I come in for training?" Nana responded.

"Excellent. We will be sending you a packet with information, it should reach you by tomorrow. We will need you to come in for training on Wednesday of this coming week after your school session. I assume Chae Ina will be more than happy to accompany you and show you where you need to go."

"I understand," Nana made mental notes.

"Very well, we are glad you have made the decision to work with us. We look forward to your arrival this Wednesday."

The line was cut and the conversation ended.

'What did I just agree to?'

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

Thank you, you for viewing "Be My Honey" Please comment ~ ^.^