Working for Master Kai

Be My Honey

Nana sighed as she impatiently tapped her foot against the stone floor of SM Entertainment's private Starbucks coffee shop.

'Please....please, hurry up, please!' She prayed to herself.

Kai had demanded a iced latte to be brought to him in exactly five minutes.

Judging by the amount of people that had packed into the small space, it didn't look like Nana would be recieving the order quite soon.

"I have a grande iced latte with extra ice for Kim Nana." The barista finally yelled out.

"Thank you!" Nana pushed her way to the front and quickly slipped out the door.

'I'm so screwed,' She bit her lip as she hastily boarded an elevator and pushed for level 8; EXO's floor.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

"You're late," the cold voice greeted her as Nana timidly walked into the practice room.

"Aww Kai," Suho gently scolded. "She's doing her best, arasseo?"

"I told her to be back within five minutes. It's been at least ten."

Nana bit her tongue, a ritual she was beginning to get used to.

It had only been the first week of her job, fullfilling her duties as a honey, but Kai was worse than a drill sergeant.

Just the other day, he had ordered her to run around SM Entertainment's huge building thirty times, for no reason other than to give her something to do: or rather, to torture her as much as he could.

She was lucky that all he'd asked her to do that day was grab a drink, yet, the conditions were impossible.

"Are you okay?" Sooyeon worridly looked at Nana.

"I hope so," Nana wasn't even sure if she was okay herself and exhausted, plopped herself next to Sooyeon and the other honeys.

"How hard is it for you?" She asked Sooyeon.

"It's smooth sailing for me, and from what I've heard, the rest of the girls," Sooyeon replied quietly.

"You all got the 'nice' ones. I have the 'bad boy' here," Nana rubbed her temples.

"We know. It's a shame, Kai seems like such a nice person."

"Oh he is, in front of the camera and people he likes," Nana grumbled.

Sooyeon shurgged her shoulders and mouthed an 'I'm sorry' to Nana one last time before standing up and leaving.

"Chanyeol wants some food, I'll be back."

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

"That is all for today, good work boys. We will pick up from here tomorrow at 7 AM sharp," the dance instructor clapped his hands and the boys bowed.

"Thank you for today," they chorused.

"Neh," the instructor smiled and waved as he exited the practice room.

"Minah, let's go," Suho wiped his sweat with a towel and exited the room as well, his honey in tow.

"What would you like to do now?" Rae, Baekhyun's honey, calmly asked her master as she massaged his shoulders.

"Mm, ice cream?" The boy gave a warm smile and the two also left.

"Sooyeon. I'm tired," Chanyeol whinned and took her hand. "Let's rest on the couch. Can I use your lap as a pillow?"

"Jiah, can you come with me somewhere?" D.O. and his honey quietly slipped out of the room.

"Sehun~"

"Neh Yuri?"

"I'm hungry."

"Aish, you're my honey...aren't you supposed to be buying me food? Arasseo, oppa will treat you again."

"YAY!"

Everyone had left, leaving Kai and Nana behind in the now desolate practice room.

"What are you still doing here?" Kai's icy glare fell upon her.

"I...." Nana tried to respond.

"Get out, I need to pratice," Kai dismissed her.

"But, Master Kai. You've been in the studio for 11 hours already. Shouldn't you take a break?"

"I don't need you and your fake sympathy," Kai disregarded Nana's suggestion. "I need to practice. Now get out."

"Now now," a calm voice disrupted the two. "Is this the way you're treating your honey, Kim Jongin?"

"Hyung!"

Nana turned her head to see SHINee's Taemin, casually leaning against the door, Ina right behind him.

"Nana!" Ina cried.

"Hi Ina," Nana managed to fake a smile.

"Hyung, what are you doing here?" Kai's face immediately brightened and he stood to greet his sunbae.

"I came to see if you were practicing. From what Ina's been hearing from Nana, it sounds like you practice an extra 3 hours on top of your regular 11 hour scheduled practice," Taemin entered the room.

"Well, I have to put in exta hours," Kai admitted. "I have a image to live up to here."

"So I see, being the face of EXO is hard, neh?" Taemin reached out to ruffle Kai's hair.

"Aish, Hyung!" Kai whinned like a little boy. "I'm only a year younger than you. I'm not some little kid!"

"Yeah, keep saying that. You're far from being a man though," Taemin chuckled.

"And you are?" Kai challenged back. "You're still 'baby Taemin of SHINee'."

"Why, you!"

Taemin had Kai in a headlock within three seconds and the two stuggled against each other, laughing.

'It's like he's a different person,' Nana watched in amazement.

"I know what you're thinking," Ina interrupted Nana's thoughts.

"Hmm?"

"You're thinking that Kai's acting differently than usual."

"Tell me about it," Nana nodded.

"It's the same for all idols," Ina began. "They often cover their true selves and don't let them come out unless they're with someone they completely trust. Honeys don't count. This is only the second time I've seen Taemin like this."

"Ina," Nana nudged her friend.

"Neh?"

"How come you haven't told Taemin about your feelings?"

Ina's body became stiff.

"Did you not read your rulebook? Rule number forty, clause five: a honey and master can never have a relationship due to their established ranks. In translation: a honey and master can never be romantically involved. It would create too many problems and defeats against the true purpose of our duties."

Nana pursed her lips.

'I forgot about that. I should probably reread that again to make sure I've gotten all the rules straight.'

"Anyway, I'm content with just being by his side and helping him," Ina gave a bright smile. "I love it when he acts cute and smiles at the things I do for him."

"I suppose so," Nana sighed again.

"I don't know what to do with this one though, he's too tough to figure out."

"Figure out?"

Nana blinked as her eyes met with Kai's, who started at her blankly.

"Ani, nothing," Nana recovered from the shock.

"Let's go," Kai gave one last slap on Taemin's shoulder before briskly stalking out of the room.

"I'll see you soon, Hyung!"

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

Kai stopped after walking a few blocks from the SM Entertainment building.

"What did I say about walking behind me?" He warned.

"That I must be at least 3 feet away from you," Nana delivered back.

"And how many feet away from me are you now?"

"About 2," Nana squeaked.

"Aish, you can't do anything right can you?" Kai grumbled and shuffled his feet along the ground.

'Well I'm sorry!' Nana huffed internally.

"OMG?!?!?!?! IS THAT KAI??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" A high-pitched scream came from the right.

"NOOOOO WAYYYYYYYY EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!"

The sidewalk was soon full of giggly school-girls, who took out their phones and were taking pictures of Kai.

"HE'S SO HOT. OMO!!!!"

"I can't believe we're so lucky to see him here!"

"Where's he going?"

"Is he alone?"

"OPPA! SARANGHAE!"

Nana almost had to cover her ears from all the screeching and chatter around her.

'Goodness, these girls. They don't know what he's really like.'

Suddenly a girl came running out from the crowd and planted herself right in front of Kai's pathway.

"KAI OPPA! I LOVE YOU! MARRY ME! I WON'T MOVE UNTIL YOU SAY YES!"

Nana could see Kai tense up a bit.

"Thank you for supporting EXO," He gave a (fake) warm smile and attempted to slide past the girl.

"NOOOOOOO OPPA!" The girl flung herself at Kai. "YOU HAVE TO SAY YES! OR I'LL DIE!"

Nana had been watching the whole scene until she caught Kai's eyes on hers.

'Help me please!' They screamed to her.

"YAH!" Nana yelled.

"BWOH? Who are you?" The girl pulled a nasty face and glared at Nana.

"A passerby who can't stand overly-clingly girls like you," Nana scoffed.

"Shut up, . You don't know anything."

"I might not but I do know that Kai's a public figure; an idol. You're trying to hog him all to yourself like a selfish brat. I'm sure the rest of the girls here would agree with me, neh?"

"NEH!" The rest of the girls watching the scene responded.

"Not my fault they didn't have the guts to come out and confess like I did!"

"Oh please," Nana laughed sarcasticlly. "Didn't anyone teach you manners? Leave the boy alone."

"And if I don't?"

"You don't want to try," Nana pulled out her best death glare.

"Omo, so scary," a girl behind her whispered to her friend.

"Hmph, how bothersome. Kai Oppa~" The girl sugarly giggled. "I'll find you some other time when you don't have these es around, arasseo?"

"....." Kai didn't respond.

"You better watch your back," The girl threatened before disappearing again into the crowd.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

"You can go now," Kai broke the silence that had followed him and Nana the rest of the way to EXO's dorm just as he was about to open the door.

"Neh, Master Kai," Nana gave a slight head bow and turned around.

"Wait."

"Neh?" Confused, Nana faced Kai again.

"I'm only going to say this once so you'd better listen up," Kai roughly began.

"Thanks," he informally and quietly grunted before opening the dorm door and hurrying inside.

'Did he just thank me?' Nana stood in place, frozen.

'Wow that was....improvement. Maybe he won't be so objected to having me around now.'

'Maybe...he's a nice guy after all.'

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

Thank you, you for viewing "Be My Honey" Please comment ~ ^.^