The Truth?

Be My Honey

"Master Kai?" Nana softly spoke as she watched Kai's blank face stare into space.

"Are you going to tell me?"

"Mm...Nana, what do you think of me?" He boldy called her by her first name.

"Well, I think you're pretty two-faced...but I'm beginning to wonder if one of them is a mask to hide your true self. It also seems that you have a good life. You're living your dream of being an idol and you're possibly the most famous member of EXO," Nana replied.

"Tch," Kai smirked.

"So basically you're saying I'm 'perfect'?"

"Well, it just seems that way? You have a great life..."

"You don't know the crap I've been through to get where I am today," Kai shook his head in disagreement.

"Eh?" Nana blinked in surprise.

'I've been wrong about him all along?'

"You're right. I hide my true self behind a cold mask. I hate having people close to me. Having close friends means that they'll start caring for me; which I also hate. Do you know? I lost both of my parents when I was about your brother's age. They died in a car crash. I didn't cry. Why? Because they were horrible parents. They both worked time-consuming jobs and never had any time for me. Sure, I came from a rich household, but I lived one of the most lonely lives that a young child should have to face at his age," Kai explained with a stone face.

"But....you have Taemin, right? He's your hyung and you two are close...and I'm sure your parents did love you. They just didn't show it properly," Nana replied.

"Hyung? Oh yeah, well. That's a whole different story. I'm close to Hyung because his family took me in after my parents died. They practically 'adopted' me. Not many people even know of our relation being that way. Many just assume we've been close friends since as long as they could remember; which is true, but they don't know that we're "family"."

'Does Ina know of this?' Nana wondered.

"And my parents loved me? No. They didn't love me. I was a mistake. I'm the reason they had a shot-gun wedding and an unloving marriage. That's why they burried themselves in their work and always left me alone and each other. I don't remember ever having a family meal together, or any family outings with them. They never showed signs of being a loving couple or parents."

Nana could feel herself beginning to tear up a little as she began to envision Kai as a small child, hugging a teddy bear and crying alone.

'I had no idea....'

"When I was brought into the Lee family and I met Hyung, I was a rebellious child. I often hit Hyung and got scolded for it. I felt unloved still...but with time, they all broke through my barrier I had up and I became the 'kind Kai' that you've sometimes gotten to see. Yet the scar from my birth family will never leave me. I am always skeptical of people and push them away. I don't know much about having someone 'take care' of me or even taking the time to care about me. I guess I'm also afraid of betrayal and being abandonded just like I when I was child by my own parents," Kai continued his story.

"Master Kai..." Nana found herself sobbing at this point, and without thinking, threw her arms around Kai's neck in an attempt to hug him.

"Mianhae. I've begun to realize that maybe letting you into my 'circle' and showing my true self around you isn't bad. You've been patient with me and my split personality. And it looks as if we're going to be spending lots of time together in the future, with you as my honey," Kai didn't move as he spoke, but Nana could have sworn that he sounded choked up, as if he too, were shedding a tear.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

"KIM NANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Kai yelled.

"WAE?!?!?!?" Nana yelled back.

"I said I wanted COLA...not ROOT BEER!" Kai threw the soda can back at Nana and signaled for her to leave.

"Get me my cola!" He demanded.

"AISH! You're too picky. I would have gotten you cola if it was being sold...but the vending machines were out, all four I went to!" Nana explained.

"........................"

Kai reluctantly held out his hand.

"Wae?" Nana sighed.

"Give it to me. I'll drink it....but only for today!" Kai grumbled.

"Aish! Make up your mind...." Nana huffed, but smiled as she placed the can back into Kai's palm.

"Well, you two are certainly all buddy-buddy now," Taemin clapped as he entered the practice room.

"Hyung!" Kai moaned and held his head.

"Wae? I can't come see you anymore? My heart is TORN IN TWO!!!!" SHINee's maknae faked a shot to the heart and stumbled backward.

"You're so immature," Kai muttered and opened the can of root beer before taking a long sip.

"Psh," Taemin didn't argue back and patted Kai on the back.

"What happened?" Ina found her way to Nana's side and the two of them observed the bromance between their masters.

"He opened up to me. It was shocking. Did you have any idea of his history?" Nana asked her friend.

"Ani, I didn't. I still don't....but confidentiality rules bar you from telling me," Ina gave a small laugh.

"I'm just glad to see him let down his wall around you as well. He's not making you do many unnecessary errands anymore?"

"On the contrary. I think ever since I found out what happened, he's taken much delight in picking on me more!" Nana wailed and rubbed the back of her neck.

"But, he has been more kind," she admitted.

"I see," Ina nodded and the two honeys went back to observing.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

"Cola....cola....cola...." Nana ran through the various floors of SM Entertainment to find a vending machine that wasn't out of cola.

Kai had asked for cola again and he wasn't going to take root beer ever again.

"That was a one-time deal. You better get me my cola this time, no exceptions!" He had ordered.

"AH! COLA!" Nana gleefully shouted as she finally came across a vending machine that sold the soda.

Nana slipped the coins Kai had given her for the fee and pressed the 'coca cola' button.

Nothing happened.

'Eh?!?!? Wae?!?!?!?' Nana began to panic as she pressed the button to eject her coins, which also, appeared to be stuck.

'ANI!!!!!!!!!!!' She pouted.

"This machine's always 'out of order'." A voice startled Nana from behind.

"Oh, Jonghyun-ssi!" Nana immediately stood up and bowed.

"You don't have to call me 'Jonghyun-ssi.' I'm fine with Oppa," he wiggled his eyebrows at her.

"Ugh, you're weird," Nana shook her head and then pouted again as she turned back to the vending machine.

"All it needs is a good kick. I've learned the secrets of this vending machine," Jonghyun backed up before running forward again and performing a martial art-style kick.

"CLUNK!"

The soda came out of it's confines and Nana grabbed it.

"Thank you," she smiled and held up the can.

"No problem," Jonghyun gave a peace sign.

"So," Nana wasn't sure if she should ask but decided to ask anyway.

"Shina's in danger of being dropped?"

"Ah, yeah," Jonghyun scratched the back of his head.

"We failed out math exam and lost our basketball match."

"Wae? Aren't you good at math? You tutored me..."

"Uhhh," Jonghyun sheepishly grinned.

"Don't tell anyone, but, I'm purposely trying to get her dropped. She knows it since she knows me as an intellgent and athletic man, who's good at everything. But she's not upset or anything. She told me that this whole honey job isn't right for her and she wants to further her own career soon."

"Eh? Is that the reason you want her to be dropped? To free her of the honey job? I thought you liked having Shina around for when you need her," Nana frowned in confusion.

"I guess that's half of the reason. But it also has to do with the fact that I want a new honey as well. I need a fresh face. Although I've never seen much of Shina over the years since I gave her so much freedom, I'm starting to get sick of seeing the same face day after day. I'm a single man. I like looking at women and we're not in that kind of a relationship anyway. So I guess it's time to move on," Jonghyun explained.

"You player," Nana pointed at Jonghyun with open.

"Heh? Player? Me? No," Jonghyun refused the title.

"What's wrong with a single man wanting to look upon a beautiful face? I can't get tired of seeing a woman's face whom I'm not in a serious relationship with? Isn't that just a man's nature?"

"Whatever," Nana face-palmed and shook her head.

"I hope whoever your new honey is satisfies you appearance-wise. I have to go, Master Kai won't want me to take too long getting his drink! Thank you again!"

Nana gave a small wave and disappeared down the hall.

"What can I do....to take you away from him?" Jonghyun whispered under his breath.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

Thank you, you for viewing "Be My Honey" Please comment ~ ^.^