Stressful Times

Be My Honey

"This way please," a staff member led Nana and Kai into a small room.

An elderly lady stood up stiffly and gave a short greeting.

"This shouldn't take too long," she coughed into a handkerchief before readjusting her owl spectacles.

Nana nodded quietly and slid into a folding chair with a small desk in front of it.

Kai did the same in a seat next to her.

"Let me go over the outline and rules first. I will be giving you each five questions. You will be alternating turns solving these problems. Jongin-ssi, if you get stuck, you are allowed to have your honey do the work for you. The main goal here, is to get all ten questions right. You will have a time limit of five minutes to complete each problem. Let's begin."

Nana nervously uncapped her dry-eraser pen and held it poised over the small whiteboard in front of her.

"Let's start with something easy. If 25 = 4x + 85, then what does x equal? Kim Nana, five minutes."

Shocked, Nana began working through the simple problem.

'This is it? Is it really that easy?' She raised her eyebrow as she held up her whiteboard to the proctor within ten seconds.

"Kim Nana, you answered that x = -15. That is correct."

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

The test continued much more smoothly than Nana expected.

Both teens were answering the questions correctly and accurately and surprisingly, Kai hadn't asked for any help. 

"Very good. This is your last question. If f(x) = x^(9/4) what is the derivative of the function? Please also graph both functions. Jongin-ssi, five minutes."

Kai raised his hand.

"Yes?"

"I'd like to have my honey do the work for me," he leaned back in his chair smirking.

"BWOH?" Nana yelled.

"I don't know how to solve this," Kai shurgged his shoulders.

'You liar,' Nana narrowed her eyes. 'You solved that last problem, which, by my judgement, was way more complicated than this one!'

"Very well," the proctor nodded and looked at Nana.

"Kim Nana, you have five minutes."

'FKDSLFKODASFJOSDFJS!' Nana cursed and screamed in her head as she furiously scribbled on the whiteboard in front of her.

After about three minutes Nana held up her board.

"Kim Nana, you answered that the derivative of x^(9/4) is (9/4)x^(5/4). That is correct. You have also sketched each graph, which are also both correct. Congratulations Kim Nana and Kim Jongin. You have passed your first test with 100% accuracy. Your next test will be a physical-contact game of basketball against Lee Taemin and Chae Ina in a week. Good luck."

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

"Basketball?!?!?!" Nana wailed as soon as she and Kai had exited the room.

"I can't play basketball! I'm not a sports person!"

"Tough luck," Kai laughed and began to saunter away.

"Master Kai!" Nana huffed and speed walked to catch up with him.

"Wae?"

"Please help....You owe me for putting me on the spot awhile ago!" Nana begged.

"No," Kai snickered.

"It's fun to see you flail around; it amuses me."

"You ," Nana muttered under her breath.

"I'm excited to play against Hyung though," Kai broke into a large grin and pumped his fist in the air.

"I want to beat him at something for once in our lives!"

"Master Kai?" Nana looked at her master in confusion.

"Ah...yeah," Kai sheepishly answered while slowly bringing down his hand.

"I've never been able to beat Hyung at anything. Especially after he debuted in SHINee, I just could never catch up to him. I always will admire him, but it would be nice to beat him at something."

"You worry about stuff like that?" Nana asked.

"Nah. Just occasionally think of it, let's say," Kai looked into space for a second before snapping back into reality.

"I don't know why I'm telling you anything, you don't understand at all," he glared and returned to his regular arrogance.

Nana blinked as she watched Kai as he cracked his neck and continued his walk down the hall.

'He seemed almost human for a second. Not a cold and mean person....just like that last time....'

"Are you coming? Sheesh," Kai growled at her.

"I'm coming!" Nana hurridly followed after Kai.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

"Can I have a can of hair spray, please?"

"Someone help! The shirt got torn and it needs to be repaired immediately!"

"Are the mics working?"

"Makeup! A touchup is needed here!"

The dressing room was swarmed with a team of coordinators; hair, makeup, wardrobe and tech.

EXO-K was finally debuting their first offical single, Mama, and everything needed to placed just right.

"Feeling okay?" Chanyeol, who was getting his hair done, patted Kai's shoulder across from him.

"Mm," Kai responded with his eyes closed as a makeup coordinator attacked his face with more concealer.

"I'm so ready for this!" Baekhyun pumped his fists in the air.

"Yeah!" D.O. followed Baekhyun's movements.

"You'll do so well!" Their honeys praised in response.

"Food...." Sehun clutched his stomach and his honey pulled out a power bar for him.

"Can you quickly send this note down the hall?" Suho handed his honey a slip of paper and directed her to the door.

'So this is the true duty of a honey,' Nana looked around in awe.

It was such a different atmosphere than just being at the SM Entertainment headquarters.

"You," Kai's voice pierced through the chaos to Nana.

"Neh?" Nana responded.

"..............." Kai didn't answer back.

"What was that Master Kai? I didn't hear you," Nana cupped her ear with a hand.

"You idiot. I didn't say anything!" Kai rolled his eyes.

"Huh?" Nana just shook her head.

'I don't know what he just said.....it's too loud in here.'

Kai sighed in frustration and got up from his seat and motioned for Nana to follow him outside the dressing room.

"Did you want anything?" Nana asked as soon as the door closed.

"I didn't say I wanted anything! In fact, I didn't say anything at all!" Kai threw up his hands in anger.

"Well sorry, it was too loud, I wasn't sure if you had said anything or not!" Nana could feel her temper begin to rise as well.

"PFFFFFFT!" Laughter interrupted the bickering teens.

"Taemin-ssi," Nana gasped and immediately smiled as she waved to Ina.

"Hyung," Kai face plamed.

"Sorry, I couldn't help but laugh. You two suit each other well, don't they Ina?" Taemin lightly nudged her.

"N-neh!" Ina stuttered.

"Getting ready for our game next week?" Taemin lightly punched Kai's shoulder.

"Yeah right. I should be asking you that!" Kai laughed and rubbed the spot where Taemin had punched him.

"Ow."

"Oh grow up!" Taemin gave a smirk.

"Don't be such a weakling!"

"I think you're a weakling as well, mr. flower boy Taemin," Kai shot back.

"I can't tell if they're best friends or rivals....." Nana whispered to Ina.

"I guess in a way they're both," Ina whispered back.

"They've always been like that. They smile and fool around a lot, but their snide comments are intentionally supposed to be half-serious. It's what keeps their relationship so close in a way."

"Odd," Nana frowned and watched the two boys go back and forth at each other.

"I'm nervous for next week," Ina admitted.

"Me too," Nana sighed.

"Both of us are so not sport players. We almost failed P.E. remember?"

"I think you have an upperhand against us though," Ina remarked.

"Eh?"

"Taemin's not very good at sports either. He manages to be average, I guess. Kai on the other hand, looks like he's pretty athletic; he's got muscle."

Nana snuck a glance and Kai again and indeed, she could see defined muscles in his arms.

"NUNA!" A small voice rang out and everyone stopped to find out who had spoken.

"Hyun?" Nana stared, wide-eyed as her younger brother waved like an babo and approached the small group.

"Hyun, what are you doing here? How did you get here?"

"I followed you this morning. You've been gone a lot recently and I wanted to know exactly why. And the security guard let me in due to my killer aegyo." the little boy admitted.

"You should have gone to school!" Nana lightly scolded.

"Like missing one day of school for me is soooo bad," Hyun rolled his eyes and his voice hinted sarcasm.

"Touche," Nana sighed and ruffled her little brother's hair.

"Aigoo, you...."

"Ina Nuna!" Hyun grinned and gave his second favorite nuna a hug.

"Hello Hyunnie," Ina used his pet name.

"Studying well?"

"Neh!" Hyun smiled.

"Who is this?" Kai raised his eyebrow at the boy.

"Ah, this is my younger brother, Kim Hyun," Nana introduced him.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I am Kim Hyun. I am Nuna's younger brother."

"Pft," Kai scoffed.

"Nice to meet you," Taemin gave a brilliant grin and waved cutely.

"Hmm," Hyun's eyes narrowed and he looked both Kai and Taemin over.

"Certainly full marks on looks, but personalities......"

"Hyun...." Nana bit her lip.

"Nuna, why did you choose this guy?" Hyun pointed at Kai.

"Bwoh? Are you pointing to your hyung?" Kai glared down at the boy.

"Choose?" Nana asked her brother for clarification.

"I told you I wanted to find out why you've been gone so much lately. You've been spending time with your boyfriend and he's an idol!" Hyun's finger drifted away from Kai and found it's way to Nana.

"BWOH?!?!?!?!?!" Nana nearly fainted.

'That's right...Hyun doesn't even know about the honey system....'

"You've got to be kidding me," Kai's eyes nearly fell out of their sockets from the shock.

"Wae? My Nuna's not good enough for you?" Hyun stood on his tip-toes and poked at Kai's stomach.

"AISH! GET THIS KID AWAY FROM ME!" Kai exploded.

"I'LL LEAVE ON MY OWN!" Hyun shouted back.

"I'll see you later Nuna," he pouted and gave Nana a hug, not tearing his eyes from Kai's as the two were caught in a staring battle.

"Neh," Nana sighed, exhausted.

"Ina Nuna," Hyun addressed Ina before he left.

"Your boyfriend is much better than this guy," he jerked his thumb at Kai, "but your boyfriend's....a little girly, you deserve a manly man who can stand up for you. This one looks a bit weak."

Taemin raised an eyebrow as Hyun scurried away.

"A elementary-school student just called me girly....."

"Ignore him...." Ina awkwardly responded.

"KIM NANA! SINCE WHEN DID I BECOME YOUR BOYFRIEND?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!" Kai blew up.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

Author's Notes:

Huuu, huuuu....boring chapter, I'm sorries D':

I wanted to reintroduce Hyun again since he IS supposed to be a pretty active supporting character....

Thank you for your support though :'3

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

Thank you, you for viewing "Be My Honey" Please comment ~ ^.^