What Happened in the Past

Be My Honey

Nana quickly zipped around the corner and took a deep breath.

'What was that all about? Jonghyun-ssi wants me to be is honey? Wae....'

"What are you day-dreaming about?" Kai startled Nana as he snatched his drink out of her hands.

"Uhm, nothing?" Nana tried to cover up.

"Doesn't look like nothing," Kai pursed his lips and opened the can of soda.

"Talk."

"Excuse me?" Nana rasied an eyebrow at Kai's demand.

"Look, I may not be one to show compassion or sympathy, but you listened to me very well the other time. I guess the least I can do is listen to you now," Kai looked away as he settled on the couch.

"So what's up?"

"Well," Nana hesitantly began, "I was getting your drink and I ran into Jonghyun-ssi."

"What did that bastard want?" Kai's voice grew hard.

"He proposed a ridiculous idea. He suggested that I drop being your honey and become his instead."

Kai, about to take another sip of cola, froze in mid-drink, holding the can poised over his mouth.

He didn't say anything for a few minutes, but slowly sat up.

"Master Kai?" Nana weakly addressed him.

'He's not going to get mad at me, is he?'

"THAT ING !" Kai cursed loudly and threw his can of soda across the room, sending the sugary liquid in all directions.

"WHERE IS HE NOW? I'M GOING TO HAVE TO TEACH HIM A LESSON!"

"Master Kai!" Nana immediately stepped in front of Kai and spread her arms out in attempt to stop him.

"What are you talking about? Why would you want to beat Jonghyun-ssi up?"

"I HATE HIM! I HATE THE LITTLE PIECE OF !" Kai's eyes grew scary as he clawed at Nana, trying to brush past her.

"STOP!" Nana finally couldn't take anymore and resorted to giving her master a hard whack on the head.

"OWWWWWWWWWW!" Kai clutched the back of his head and sank to the floor.

'What the hell? What was THAT for?!?!?!"

"You're not going anywhere until you tell me what's going on. Why do you hate Jonghyun-ssi so much?" Nana's eyes narrowed.

Kai huffed in anger and frustration.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

-Four Years Ago-

"Yah! Hyung, wait up for me!" Kai ran to catch up with his best friend, Taemin.

"Well hurry up! I can't afford to miss another practice! I'm about to formally debut within the next three months! I've already gotten scolded and threatened that if I don't shape up soon, I'll be dropped altogether!" Taemin whinned in response and continued his hasty jog backwards, so he could talk to his friend as well.

"Besides, your audition is this afternoon too! You can't be late for that!"

"Shut up, I know that," Kai puffed his cheeks out and picked up his pace.

Within the next five minutes, the two boys had finally made it to SM Entertainment.

"Lee Taemin!" A voice rang out to them as they entered the building.

"Jonghyun-Hyung!" Taemin immediately dropped into a 90-degree bow.

"You're barely on time today...." Jonghyun sighed, "at least you won't be scolded today. You've got to make sure you're here more early though for warm-up!"

"Mianhae, Jonghyun-Hyung!" Taemin gave a puppy face.

"Aigoo, you're too cute, little maknae," Jonghyun gave in and ruffled Taemin's hair.

"Hey Jongin," he addressed the other boy.

"What's up Jonghyun-Hyung?" Kai nodded in return.

"Nothing much. How's that girlfriend of yours?" Jonghyun smirked and gave a wink.

Jonghyun had always liked to make fun of Kai for having a girlfriend.

"Jealous much?" Kai laughed in return.

"Nahhh, but you should bring her around sometime. Introduce the gang to her."

"Perhaps," Kai nodded.

"Well, we've got to run now!" Taemin looked at his watch.

"Catch you later!" He waved to Kai.

"Bye!" Kai waved as the two hyungs left him.

"GOOD LUCK ON YOUR AUDITION!" Voices called over their shoulders.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

"Oppa, wae? I've already met Taemin-Oppa. But there are more?"

Kai smiled and lightly reached out to ruffle Anna, his girlfriend's hair.

"Silly girl. I need to introduce you to SHINee! Aren't you excited?" He laughed.

"Hmm, I suppose," Anna shrugged and held on to his arm.

"Aigoo, you cute girl," Kai laughed and poked her nose.

"Let's go!"

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

"Hyung!" Kai raised a hand to Taemin as he spotted him across the coffee shop.

"Hey, they're here!" Taemin elbowed his SHINee hyungs to get their attention.

"Hey Jongin!" Key gave a smirk and small nod.

"What's up?" Minho smiled angelically.

"Yo," Jonghyun gave a peace sign.

"Hi," Onew managed to get out, as he had just burnt his tongue on his coffee.

"Hello!" Kai smiled and carefully pulled Anna from behind him.

"Anna, these are SHINee hyungs. You already know Taemin, but that's Key, Minho, Jonghyun, and Onew."

"Annyeonghaseyo," Anna shyly waved.

"She's adorable," Key nodded in approval.

"Very," Minho agreed and gave another award-winning smile.

"Mhm," Onew stuck out his tongue to inspect it.

"Hyung, don't," Taemin carefully closed Onew's mouth again.

"Jonghyun-Hyung?" Kai turned to him only to find Jonghyun staring at Anna.

Kai coughed a bit.

"Jonghyun-Hyung?!??!" He repeated.

"Huh? Oh yeah, sorry. She's lovely," Jonghyun replied but did not look at Kai.

Instead he turned to Anna to give her a wink.

Kai pursed his lips as he watched Anna giggle and blush.

'Maybe this was a bad idea. But he could just be flattering her. She is adorable....'

Kai decided to shake his uncertainty off for the moment.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

Kai paced back and forth in the practice room.

He had passed his audition with flying colors and was now under SM Entertainment as a trainee.

He had worked so hard to get to this spot in his life and had spent almost every waking moment practicing his dance and vocals.

He was so scheduled up that he hadn't seen Anna in over two months.

Though he felt sorry, there wasn't much that could be done and she had been very understanding of the situation as she wished to see her boyfriend succeed in his dreams.

Or so he thought.

For the past two months, the two had kept in touch with texts and phone calls everyday.

But for some reason, over the past three weeks, those texts and calls had begun to lessen more and more until it got to the point of no contact.

'I hope she's not sick or hurt,' Kai miserably thought as he paced around the room again.

He finally gave up pacing around and decided to grab a coffee drink and something to eat from SM's small coffee shop.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

The coffee shop was crowded as always.

So crowded that Kai was pretty sure there was no room to breath at all.

"I have one tall coffee and one chai tea latte for SHINee's Jonghyun," the barista called out.

'Jonghyun-Hyung? He ordered two drinks?' Kai quizzically watched as Jonghyun claimed his drinks and then made his way back to his table, where a girl sat waiting for him.

'I don't recognize her, she's not a trainee...Maybe he got himself a girlfriend?' Kai kept his gaze upon the couple, who sat laughing at something.

'They're so happy...I miss Ann-'

Before Kai could finish his thoughts, the girl turned around and Kai got a glimpse of who she was.

"Anna?" Kai blurted out.

"Huh?" Anna looked around the coffee shop, confused as to who had called out her name.

Her eyes fell upon Kai.

"Oppa...." she quietly breathed.

Kai's blood boiled and he immediately pushed his way out of the shop.

"Oppa! Wait!"

He heard Anna's voice call out to him as he left, but he didn't dare turn back.

"JONGIN!"

A firm arm finally caught his and Kai turned around to see Jonghyun.

"What. Do. You. Want?" Kai spat out.

"Anna's worried. Come back please to sort things out with her?" Jonghyun pleaded.

"What's there to explain? That while I was slaving over my trainee schedule and working so hard by myself, you and her were out having a good time together? Don't you dare try to cover up what's going on between you two. You know, I had a feeling you were a sneaky one Jonghyun-Hyung, as soon as I saw you checking her out when I finally introduced you two. I hope you're happy and whatever. You're no longer a friend to me, bastard. You keep yourself away from me and from anything that belongs to me in the future," Kai gave a shift punch to Jonghyun's jaw before shaking himself free of his grasp and walking away.

Pulling out his phone, Kai made one last text to his now-ex-girlfriend before deleting her number:

We're over. Don't you dare try to come crawling back to me if you and Jonghyun-ssi end. Bye. Have a nice life.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

"How long were you two together?" Nana quietly asked as Kai finished his story.

"From the time we got together, from the second we broke up, it was about a year and three months," Kai responded.

"Wow...she threw away your year together to cheat on you with someone she just basically met?" Nana couldn't believe it.

"Guess so. The two went steady for a few months after the breakup with me. But of course, as you can see today, it didn't work out and they eventually ended things as well."

"Ahh," Nana nodded.

"I understand why you don't like Jonghyun-ssi anymore. But I don't understand why you're so mad about him suggesting that I leave and be his honey."

Kai sat still for a few more moments again before speaking.

"It's strange. Even though in the beginning, when I didn't like you, I thought there was something special about you. I didn't want to let you go. And now...our bond together is so much more stronger, now that you know a lot of personal stuff about me...I can't bear the thought of losing you and to Jonghyun-ssi no less. That bastard took one thing from my life already, I'm not letting him take another one from me."

Kai suddenly stood up and gave Nana a hug, wrapping his arms around her waist and burrying his head in her shoulder.

"Don't leave me."

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

Thank you, you for viewing "Be My Honey" Please comment ~ ^.^