The Test

Be My Honey

"KIM NANA?!?!?! SINCE WHEN DID I BECOME YOUR BOYFRIEND?!?!??!" Kai bellowed in the hall.

"Mianhae, but you know no one's supposed to know about the honey-system, Master Kai," Nana suddenly felt very small.

"You....you!" Kai shook a finger in Nana's face.

"I can't believe that little brat insulted me and Hyung! If you're his sister, shouldn't you have set an example for him? What have you been teaching him? He should respect his elders!"

"For your information," Nana gathered her courage.

"Hyun is an extremely intelligent boy! He's surpassed all his peers in his school academically, and he is very mature for being only six!"

"I don't care," Kai rolled his eyes.

"Just make sure he never comes around me again."

"We're heading towards the stage now, Jongin-ssi?" A tech-coordinator timidly tapped Kai on the shoulder.

"You need to start focusing on other things," Kai hissed between his teeth before leaving.

"Like maybe practicing those horrible basketball skills you claim to have. Do not disappoint me."

'What. A. Jerk!' Nana silently yelled.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

"ARGH!" Nana yelled in frustration as she threw another ball towards the basket, only for it to just bounce off the rim for the nth time.

'Why can't I get this?'

"You !" A taunting voice laughed at her from behind.

"Shut up, Master Kai," Nana sputtered and picked up the ball as it rolled in her direction.

"You said you wouldn't help me, so I'm doing my best here. If you want us to win, maybe you'd actually help me?"

"Maybe, or maybe not," Kai stood up and stretched.

"Like I've said, I enjoy seeing you flustered and struggling."

"You're horrible, you know that? Just horrible."

Nana huffed and flung the ball at the basket again and sighed as yet again, it failed to score.

"You're in the wrong position," Kai coughed and looked away.

"Bwoh?"

"You're standing wrong. The ball will never go in if you don't take the right stance. Move your feet about shoulder-width apart and slightly bend your knees. Stay calm and firmly throw the ball towards the basket."

Nana, confused at Kai's sudden act of kindness, did as she was instructed and for the last time threw the ball.

It went in to her astonishment.

"I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!" She yelled in triumph and punched her fists into the air.

"Oh please. You'd have never been able to do that without my help," Kai scoffed and folded his arms.

Nana didn't care about Kai being a jerk for that moment and continued to celebrate by herself.

Kai rolled his eyes but gave a slight smile.

"NUNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" A shrill voice made Kai scowl again.

"Oh, Hyun!" Nana smiled and patted the boy's head.

"Nuna, what are you doing?"

"Practicing a little basketball," Nana admitted.

"Eh? Wae?" Hyun blinked.

"That doesn't concern you, little brat," Kai interrupted the siblings.

"You," Hyun's eyes narrowed.

"You!" Kai gave a condescending look.

"You can't have Nuna!" Hyun wrapped his arms around Nana's waist.

"Pfft, you think I want her?" Kai shot back.

"Bwoh!?!?!? What kind of a boyfriend are you to say that about your girlfriend?!?!??!?!" Hyun's eyes widened.

"Look squirt, your sis and I aren't boyfriend and girlfriend."

"Then what are you? It sure doesn't seem like 'just friends' to me. Don't try and lie to me either. I'm too smart for that!"

Kai sighed in exasperation.

"Just run along home now, your sis will be back soon. Go do your genius-self! Go study or burry your nose in a book, kid!"

"Nuna, how did you ever meet such a guy?" Hyun pursed his lips and tugged at his older sister's shirt.

"Long story," Nana closed her eyes and groaned.

"Well, we're going home!" Hyun grunted and pulled at Nana's hand.

"Bye loser!" He yelled over his shoulder.

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?!?!?! YOU LITTLE BRAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Nana could hear Kai yelling in the distance.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

Nana entered the gym feeling extremely nervous as she tugged at the unflattering jersey she had been required to wear for the game.

"Getting cold feet?" Kai dribbled a basketball and approached her.

"Yes," Nana answered honestly.

"Babo, you're not supposed to agree with that," Kai poked her forehead.

'Why's he being so nice to me again?' Nana wondered.

'He's totally two-faced. One minute, he's making fun of me and being a jerk, and the next, he's being totally considerate and caring.'

"Hey, are you ready?" Ina hopped her way to Nana.

"No, I think I'm going to throw up and die. I wasn't expecting the majority of SM Entertainment to come and watch us duel with you and Taemin!" Nana wailed as she scanned the crowded bleachers on both sides of her.

'There's EXO-M, SHINee, Super Junior, SNSD....oh good grief!'

"You won't die. Besides, you're not in the running for being dropped and neither are Taemin and I. The losing team between the two of us won't put that team in harm," Ina calmly explained.

"Who is in the running for being dropped?" Nana wondered out loud.

"Shina...." Ina whispered before slipping away to join her master.

'Shina....wait....Jonghyun's honey?!?!?!?' Nana quickly drew her attention to the area SHINee sat with their honeys.

Jonghyun sat in betweeen his other two members, looking quite solemn and pouty.

"What's his problem?" Kai asked, as he noticed where Nana was looking.

"I just heard from Ina that Jonghyun's honey, Shina might be dropped. I'm surprised though, shouldn't they be okay? Jonghyun-ssi's really smart...he tutored me before the math exam!"

Kai shrugged.

"From what I've heard, there have been some cases where the master wishes to get rid of his honey so he purposely makes their team fail so his honey will be dropped."

"But that also doesn't make sense. Jonghyun-ssi told me that he doesn't necessarily like the honey-system, but that he likes having his honey around for little tasks."

"Perhaps he's got his eye on a girl he wishes would be his honey, and this is his way of getting her." Kai suggested again and then took off.

"Come on, we need to warm up."

Nana followed Kai to a free throw line to shoot a couple of baskets.

As she focused on the stance that Kai had taught her, Nana got a strange feeling that someone was watching her with great intent.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

Nana collapsed on the bench as the buzzer went off.

She and Kai had barely won the fifteen-minute game against Taemin and Ina; 10-9.

"Are you happy?" She remarked as Kai sat beside her and wiped his sweaty face with a towel.

"Mm?" He mumbled back.

"Are you happy that you finally beat Taemin at something?" Nana said again.

"Oh that....yeah, I guess," Kai took a sip of water.

"Kind of feels weird though. I thought that as long as I could beat him at something, I'd feel great about it. But then I realized, it's just a basketball game and nothing more. Hyung is Hyung, and no matter what we do in life, he'll always be a step farther than me. It isn't necessarily a bad thing though...I guess I actually like him being a step ahead of me. He's the hyung and so he should be ahead of me."

"You're strange," Nana watched Kai's profile as he talked.

"Bwoh? Me? Strange? Wae?" Kai, for the first time, gave Nana a genuine smile.

"You....just are!" Nana looked away.

'Gosh! Don't smile like that suddenly!'

"Wae? Tell me."

"You're just strange....You act all cold and mean to me a lot. More like, you're an absolute jerk. You hate my little brother and you have hardly any patience. Yet there are other times when you seem like...such...a person. You think things through well and you can be kind. It doesn't make sense to me and it's damn confusing."

"Mm," Kai looked away and into the distance.

"I guess I have 'problems' then," he teased a bit.

"Not funny, Master Kai. I'm dead serious here," Nana gave a glare.

"If I tell you what's up, would you believe the things I say?"

"Of course."

"Alright...I tell you..."

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

Author's Notes:

Hellllo all~ I am back ^.^

I'm so sorry for dragging this 'no update' thing for too long, but hopefully this chapter satisfies you all! And I shall be updating tomorrow too in order to make up for the short hiatus I was on :P

OOOOH~ Kai's got a deep and dark secret?!?!? -wiggles eyebrows- xDDD

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

Thank you, you for viewing "Be My Honey" Please comment ~ ^.^