Let The Games Begin

Be My Honey

"Did you hear?"

"Ani, what?"

The rest of the honeys gossiped in the lounge area of SM Entertainment.

"They're holding the games this year."

"The games?"

"Bwoh? Really, daebak...they haven't held the games for five years!"

"Why this year so suddenly?"

The room began to buzz with excitement, yet a tense atmosphere seemed to fill the room.

"Ina," Nana looked at her friend for an explaination.

"I've never had to participate in them before," Ina shrugged her shoulders.

"But I have heard about it from my sunbaes. The honey association that tracks and organizes all the honey departments and programs of agencies sometimes hold what they call the "games." They do this for various reasons, but most likely, it's because they're dissatisfied with the honeys themselves. For example, the last time they held the games was five years ago because a majority of honeys were slacking off on their duties and did not seem to be upholding the honey-moral code. The games consist of various tests that honeys and their masters participate in. They are a team and work together to pass each test whether that be basic knowledge, or physical contact games such as basketball. The team that scores the lowest overall are punished in which the honey is "dropped" and eventually replaced with someone new. The games are to reinforce and remind us honeys that if we don't do our job, we are replaceable. It enforces us to work hard and unfortunately, someone has to be sacrificed in order to keep the rest of us in check."

"So the honey association is displeased with us?" Nana asked for clarification.

"I don't think so," Ina shook her head.

"My best guess, is that since many rookie groups have debuted and more are lined up to debut, the honey association wants to make sure that all their new honey recruits are doing well. It's not so much of a punishment this time around and more of a check-up on all of us and how we're fairing."

'Sounds reasonable, I guess,' Nana nodded as Ina spoke.

"But, if it's just a check-up and not a punishment, will a honey still be dropped?" Nana wondered.

"I don't know myself, but I think it's safe to assume yes, since that's part of the whole reason we even participate in the games. Besides, although it might not be punishment, the new honeys need to understand about being replaceable," Ina answered.

"Attention!" A staff member entered the lounge and everyone stood up and bowed.

"I am here to inform you all about the supposed rumors of the games being held. It is indeed true, and we hope that you all put in your best efforts. You will have a day to prepare for each event, starting today as your first event will start tomorrow. Good luck."

As the staff member exited, the chatter began again.

"I'm so worried."

"Me too...I'm not athletic at all."

"Well I don't have any brains. All I know is how to fetch coffee and do this or that when I'm told to do it!"

'I must work hard,' Nana thought. 'I can't afford to lose this job, I will put in everything I have to succeed. Although I can't say the same for Master Kai, I'm sure he'll purposely not put in any effort in order to get rid of me.'

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

Nana sighed as she looked at the sheet that contained the order of the events.

'The first event is in mathematics. It says here that it will test up through calculus.'

Although Nana was good at math, she struggled her senior year as calculus was the only level of math she did not understand.

"Math, huh?"

"Master Kai!" Nana jumped as she felt a presence behind her.

"It shouldn't be that hard, I think we can relax," Kai flopped down on a couch and closed his eyes.

"Master Kai, are you sleeping? We need to study!" Nana attempted to rise the exhausted teen from his rest.

"Then you study. You must be pretty stupid or something if you need to study for this. Calculus isn't that hard and neither is anything below or above it," Kai didn't move a muscle.

"Well I'm sorry Mr. Genius," Nana managed through clenched teeth, "but I wasn't born with a gene that made me prodigy-level in any subject."

"Just admit that you're stupid."

"Excuse me?" Nana wasn't sure if she could hold her tongue much longer.

"Not my fault if we lose tomorrow...in fact, maybe we should just lose all our events. That way I can get rid of you," Kai grunted and reluctantly sat up.

"You realize that even if you got rid of me, you'd still have a honey. It just wouldn't be me," Nana tried to hide the sting Kai had left her with.

'And I thought he was going to be a bit nicer to me.'

"Well maybe I'd get a honey that could fulfill my requests. Like get me my coffee in the five-minute window I assign her, and would out of my life."

"Do you really hate me that much?" Nana felt tears spring to her eyes.

'Great, just great. You're not supposed to show weakness in front of him. But he's really crossing the line now.'

"I guess I don't hate you, but you're in eyesore and I get irritated with you around," Kai squinted and shrugged his shoulders.

"You know what?" Nana stood up and collected her books.

"You want me to out of your life? Fine, I will. I'll go somewhere else to study, or maybe I'll just slack off so we'll lose and I can be free of you! You can walk yourself home tonight."

Nana gulped back the tears that had begun to fall from her eyes and left the room.

"YAH!" Kai yelled after her but she was out of sight in a second.

'AISH! I didn't mean to make her cry....I guess I went over the line didn't I?' He messed up his hair in frustration.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

'BABO KAI!' Nana yelled in her head as she settled into a chair in a private area of SM Entertainment.

"Hmm?" A voice startled her.

"Who are you?" Nana stood up quickly again and looked around the room.

'Someone was already in here?'

"Aish, you disturbed my nap," a male figure stood up and rubbed the back of his neck.

"I'm sorry," Nana immediately apologized and bowed to the man; SHINee's Jonghyun.

"I didn't realize someone was already in the room and I'm sorry for intruding. I was looking for a spot to study, I shall look elsewhere. Please, continue with your nap."

Jonghyun chuckled.

"I can't go back to sleep once I've been woken up," he casually replied.

"So you're studying?" He gestured to the books Nana clung to.

"Ah neh," Nana responded and bowed again.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I am Kim Nana and honey to EXO-K's Kai. I am studying for tomorrow's event."

"Ah the games," Jonghyun rolled his head from side-to-side, attempting to crack his neck and to wake up more.

"Neh, by the way, where is your honey, Jonghyun-ssi?" Nana inquired.

'Odd that she isn't around to tend to her master.'

"Shina is around somewhere. I don't really like people to follow me around so I let her have a lot of freedom. I'm not very keen on the honey system."

"You're like Master Kai," Nana smiled.

"Master Kai doesn't like the honey system either. He wishes to see it abolished."

"I wouldn't go as far to say I want it abolished," Jonghyun settled into a chair.

"I like having Shina around at the times I need her. She's like a pair of extra hands to me for when things get crazy or hectic. But I don't like the fact that the honeys need to be so attached to their masters. It kind of creeps me out to have someone follow me around everywhere. Shina's done a good job of concealing the fact that she watches over me 24/7 as to not make me uncomfortable, but I still am, knowing that she is watching me. Does that make sense?"

Nana couldn't believe the situation she was in.

It started with her being mad at Kai and wanting to find a quiet spot to study and it came to her having a discussion with SHINee's Jonghyun; someone she didn't know at all.

"I see," She managed to reply back.

"Oh, how rude of me. I haven't introduced myself. I'm SHINee's Jonghyun," he did a peace sign and gave a puppy-grin.

"I know who you are," Nana laughed at his cuteness.

'He's older than me, but he can pull of aegyo very well.'

"So, you're the honey of the infamous-face-of-EXO, Kim Jongin," Jonghyun rest his head on a hand and stared.

"I am."

"Daebak. It must be hard."

"It is. He's not very considerate," Nana hesitantly began. "He gives me unreasonable tasks and unreasonable time limits to complete these tasks. I think he enjoys putting me through torture. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's going to purposely make us fail the games in order to get rid of me."

"Tsk, tsk," Jonghyun sadly shook his head.

"That's no way to treat a honey, and what's more, you're also still a girl. A man should never let a woman go through pain."

"If only you could tell Master Kai that," Nana gave a small smile.

"I can't," Jonghyun sighed.

"The only person Jongin would listen to would be Taeminnie. But I know Taeminnie thinks the same way I do about treating women well. In fact, I'm sure a majority of good men think the same way. I can try and get Taeminnie to talk to him."

"Ani, it's alright," Nana shook her head.

"Anyway, I think I should get to studying. I'll be leaving now, it was nice meeting you and I'm sorry for disrupting your nap," Nana bowed.

"Wait. Do you need help? I can help you if you need it," Jonghyun offered.

"I can't ask..a "Master" to help me," Nana rejected the invitation.

"It's against our code."

"I may be a master, but not to you. To you, I am a friend," Jonghyun pulled out a chair next to him and motioned for Nana to sit.

"Well, alright. Thank you Jonghyun-ssi."

"Call me Jonghyun, or Oppa," Jonghyun winked.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

"AISH, WHERE IS THAT GIRL!?!??!" Kai angrily pushed the elevator button for the 2nd level.

He had spent the last hour trying to find Nana, but the girl had kept her word about 'butting out of his life.'

She certainly wasn't anywhere to be found.

"Kim Nana!" Kai yelled into the dimly lit hallway of the 2nd floor.

"Oh? Jongin," A familiar face greeted him.

"Onew-Hyung," Kai bowed.

"You're looking for your honey?" Onew blinked.

"Neh," Kai sheepishly admitted.

"I saw her with Jonghyun in one of our private study rooms," Onew cocked his head to the right.

'That girl,' Kai could feel his blood run cold.

"Thanks Onew-Hyung," Kai gave another bow and headed towards the door Onew had indicated.

"You're welcome. Good luck tomorrow," Onew called after him and signaled for his honey.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

"So when sketching a graph for the derivative of a function from the original function, you look for where the slopes are zero and then you look at the slopes for the tangent lines of the sections in between each point?" Nana paraphrased back to Jonghyun.

"Neh, good," Jonghyun smiled and reached to slightly ruffle Nana's hair.

"Are you having fun?"

The session came to a halt as Kai had let himself into the room.

"I found you, Kim Nana," he coldy addressed her.

"We were just reviewing for tomorrow's event, calm down, Jongin," Jonghyun held up his hands in defense.

"Yeah, whatever. Are you pleased she's doing well?" Kai shot back.

"Master Kai," Nana calmly tried to smooth the atmosphere out which was currently full of tension.

"You. You're coming with me," Kai grabbed Nana's arm.

"Don't ever touch her again. You know how much I hate it when others touch my things," Kai threatened over his shoulder to Jonghyun as he dragged Nana out the door.

'Huh?' Nana allowed herself to be pulled away in confusion.

'Is Master Kai really that mad at me? Or is he jealous? He couldn't be...We don't mean anything to each other. Does he have something against Jonghyun?'

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆

Thank you, you for viewing "Be My Honey" Please comment ~ ^.^