Waiting

Acrimony (Bitterness)

 

SEOHYUN’S POV

“Oh, Seohyunah... what are you doing here?” Yuri unnie ask when i walk in her studio, she’s a photographer and she work for a famous fashion magazine in korea.

“Am i disturbing? Are you busy?” i ask and she shook her head while cleaning her camera lens, “no no, we’re actually on a break right now. It’s been a while since the last time you visited me at work” she said “i just finished my class for today, is Yoona here?” i ask and Yuri unnie give a comfort smile to me “it’s ok unnie, i’m trying to act like usual, probably it’s for the best.. Like what Sica unnie said” i said and she nodded, “Yoona is at the back, she’s making sure the clothes are ready for tonight’s photoshoot” i nodded and walk pass her chair to the back door, i walk in where there are a lot of clothes but the room is quiet, i look around and i hear something from the back of the rack full of dresses, i walk slowly and see Yoona sitting down and tidying the clothes up, she’s wearing a red sweater and black shorts, her hair is tied up.. she looks beautiful.

“ehem..” i clear my throat and she look up to me, she stand up and jump to me “SEOHYUNAHH!” i hug her back and laugh at her childish reaction “what are you doing here?” she ask and still put her arms around me, “visiting my sister and you, i have nothing to do anyway. What were you doing with those?” i ask and she look at the clothes on the floor “oh that. Those are the clothes that we didn’t use anymore, i’m taking it out” “i thought yuri unnie said you’re on a break now?” i ask and she nodded, “i know but i want to be a good fashion stylist, so i have to work my off” she said and i chuckled “you’ll be a great fashion stylist, i know that” i said and she smile, “but fashion stylist have to eat right? let’s grab a lunch” i said and her smile fade “um.. actually, i al- -“

“Yoong..” a male voice said behind me, i flinch and turn around slowly.. Lee Donghae.

“um.. Your friend said i can find you here and she let me in... so....” he said, he look at Yoona and look at me, he give me a smile and i reply with a very awkward smile “um.. no it’s ok oppa” Yoona said, i look at her again and she look at me “i was about to tell you that i’m having lunch with Donghae oppa” she said and i nodded “oh.. ok” i said, “sorry..” “no worries, i’m going home anyway”

“um.. it’s ok if you wanna come” Donghae said, i look at Yoona and i look at him again “no.. no i didn’t mean to be rude but i don’t want to disturb your lunch date” i said, “i’ll come to your house after work ok?” Yoona said and i nodded “you both have fun, ok?” i said and i turn around and stop in front of Donghae “i’m Seohyun, nice to meet you” i said and he shake my hand “me too, i’m Donghae” i let go of his hand and walk out the dressing room, i see Yuri unnie standing in front of the photo shoot scene and fixing her camera position “unnie, i’m going home” i said and she look at me, before she said anything i run out the studio and walk fast to my house. I keep walking and walking and i run, i run as fast as i can until my legs can’t take it anymore and i fall on my knees, i look down and try to catch a breath.

I can’t cry.. i can’t cry now, i don’t wanna cry about this anymore...

But hell with that, i cry.

 

TIFFANY’S POV

It’s been a few weeks since Yuri told me she likes me and the day she found out i have a girlfriend, she’s been my friend since then. We hang out but i never talk to her about Taeyeon, she didn’t even know her name she didn’t know anything about Taeyeon. Until now, i keep thinking and trying to figure out how did she find out about it, who knows about me and Taeyeon? The person i talk to about this stuff is my younger cousin, Yoona. It can’t be her, how could she tell Yuri when they didn’t even know each other? I pick up the phone and dial Yoona’s number “hey, are you busy?” i ask, “mm, i’m having lunch with Donghae oppa right now, why?” she ask “when will you be in the studio? I’m coming over, i need to talk to you” i said “probably in 30 minutes, ok unnie.. see you” she hang up, i take my jacket and walk out my empty (as always) apartment.

I took a cab and drive for 45 minutes to Yoona’s studio. I’ve never been inside her studio i only pick her up or drop her off, i wait outside and a car stop in front of me. i see Yoona sitting on the passenger seat and walk out “unnie, sorry to keep you waiting” she said and i shook my head “i just got here” i said

“is everything ok?” she ask and i nodded, “it’s just.. um.. Yoona, is there any chance you told someone that i have a girlfriend?” i ask and she wrinkled her forehead trying to think “um.. i don’t remember, what’s wrong?” she ask, “so there’s this friend of mine, she use to.. well she liked me, and she’s trying to... let’s just say she want to be with me but one day she came to me and said she knows i have a girlfriend. She didn’t know anything about Taeyeon, she didn’t even know her name she just know i have a girlfriend” i said and Yoona’s eyes got widen “what’s that person’s name?!” she ask “Yuri.. why? What’s wrong?” i ask and she sigh, she grab my hand and drag me in her studio, “hey where are you taking me?” i said but she ignore me and drag me inside.

She take me to the photo shoot scene, and we stop in front of a girl who’s playing with her camera, not just a girl.. it’s Yuri.

I widen my eyes and look at Yoona and look at Yuri again, “ehem” Yoona clears , Yuri look away from her camera and look at us, she look at me and her eyes got widen

“Tiffany?!”

“Yuri?!”

“what are you..”

“i didn’t know you’re a..”

“ohmy..”

We both can’t say anything , and i take a deep breath “Yoona is my cousin” i said, Yuri look at Yoona and she nodded slowly “i didn’t know you’re a photographer..” i said and she chuckled “you never ask”

“um.. i’ll leave you two alone” Yoona said and i grab her hand “wait” i said and i walk closer to Yoona “don’t.. mention anything about Taeyeon, ok?” i whisper to her and Yoona nodded.

I look back at Yuri and give her an awkward smile, “um.. what a small world” i said and she give me her usual comfort smile that always break the awkwardness between us “your cousin is a great fashion stylist, she will be a big one, take a good care of her.. she’s a beauty. Once she’s a big fashion stylist..  she’ll need extra protection” Yuri said and i chuckled “she will be ok.. she’s tougher that she seem” i said, “i can tell”

“so.. you’re a photographer?” i ask “yeah, it’s act- -“

“scene check on 15 minutes, everyone ready” a guy in a microphone said

“um.. i guess you’re busy” i said

“i should go” i turn around but Yuri grab my hand, “can i see you after work?” she said and i nodded

 

JESSICA’S POV

The movie is over and i’m about to get up from my couch but Taeyeon keep hugging me in her embrace and not letting me stand up, “um.. Taeng? The movie is over” “shushh..” she said and she hug me tighter, i rest my head on her chest and i feel her heart beat, it’s slow but loud.. so loud

“Taeng..” “can we stay like this for a while?” she said and i nodded slowly “we can.. we can” she hug me tighter and lean her face on my hair, she kiss the top of my head.

We stay like this for a while... i waited, 1...2....3... she didn’t say anything. This is the right time, the perfect time for her to say those words.. but nothing comes out from .. nothing.

Should i say it first? .. is she waiting for me to say it first? but what if i said it and she didn’t love me back...

But what if she’s the one who’s afraid i didn’t love her back?

I can do this, i’m gonna say it...

“Taeng...”

“hmm?”

I love you”

“.............”

My heart beats faster when i realize she didn’t answer, her arm is slowly letting me go and she sit straight up on the couch, i sit in front of her and look at her waiting for her to say it back

“.........................”

Tears start forming in my eyes, she didn’t love me? she didn’t love me back? After all this time?

“i...” she said

“Taeng?”

“i have to go”

She stand up and walk to the door, i didn’t stop her, i didn’t move from my seat, i didn’t look anywhere

I hear the door closed, she’s gone.

 

YOONA’S POV

“thanks for picking me up and taking me here” i said when we arrive at Seohyun’s place, i just finished my work an hour ago and Donghae oppa picked me up. “no problem” he said, “i should go now..” i said and he nodded, i’m about to open the door and he call my name “Yoona”

i smile and turn around to him, he lean closer and plant a soft peck on my lips “good night” he said, i smile and nodded “night”

we’re looking at each other when he lean closer again but this time it’s not a peck, he kiss me gently, deeply, his hand wrap around my waist and i wrap my arm around his neck

i know where this is going, me and him never did ‘it’ before, but there are times where we kinda lead into it, for example right now.

He stop the kiss and look at me, our faces are inches from each other’s, our noses touched

“Oppa.. it’s ok.. i think i... i think i’m ready”

“Yoong? Are you sure?”

i nodded

“i know that i want to be with you.. i know that i love you and you love me, that’s enough for me” i said and a smile appear on his face.

He move back a little and caress my hair, “let’s have dinner tomorrow night ok? And maybe you can crash in my apartment after that” he said and i nodded

He lean closer and kiss my forehead “i love you” he said

“love you too”

 

SEOHYUN’S POV

I open the door and see Yoona standing there smiling to herself, “are you ok?” i ask and she nodded while keep smiling “i’m.. more than ok, i am incredible” she said and she walk in, she walk to the couch still smiling to herself

“are you sure you’re ok?” i sit next to her

She grab my hand and give me the biggest grin, “i know i shouldn’t say anything before it happens but since you’re my best friend i’m gonna say it... “

“i’m giving myself to Donghae oppa tomorrow”

“wh..what?” i ask

“you know... THAT” she said

“t..ttomorrow?” i ask and she nodded

“c...congratulations.... i guess” i said, “stop being so awkward ok, i just.. as my friend, i thought you might want to know” she said and i nodded “sure yoona, as long as you’re happy” i said and she smile again

Happy.. as long as you’re happy... she and Donghae will be forever huh? There’s no way they can break up.. tomorrow.. they’re gonna.... i can’t cry here, not in front of her... i’m gonna be ok

“seo? You ok?” Yoona said and i nodded

“fine, i’’m tired. You should go now.. i’m going to bed anyway”

i said and i walk away from her

 

TIFFANY’S POV

“where are you taking me?” i ask when Yuri drive to a place i’m not familiar with, “just wait and see”

She drove for 15 minutes and we arrive at a dead end street where there’s a big wall, “what are we doing here?” i ask and she smile to me, “come on” she take her camera, put it around her neck and we walk out the car, she stand on the side of the wall and climb to the top of the wall, “come on up here, are you scared?” she ask and i wrinkled my forehead “of course i’m not!” i said and i start climbing, i reach the top of the wall and stand beside her, i look at the other side and i see a beautiful view, it’s the view of the city and it gets more beautiful with the sky color, the sun is setting.

“wow.. it’s beautiful here” i said, she smile and take her camera that she put around her neck

she lift her camera and take a picture of me “yah.. don’t” i said but she keep taking a picture

“can you smile?” she said and i chuckled but i smile anyway

she look at her camera “it came out good, have you consider modeling?” she ask and i chuckled, “me? modeling? Yeah right” “why? You look good in this” she show me the picture and i smile “it is a good picture”

“why tour guide?” she ask and i look at her “huh?” i ask, “as your job, why did you choose tour guiding?” she ask and i raise my shoulder “i don’t know, i guess i like it, i don’t remember why” “you don’t like it now?” she ask “it’s not like that, it’s.. not as much as before” i said

“look, i’m a photographer.. i can see people’s potential as a model and when i saw you at the studio today.. i can imagine you own the studio”

“own the studio?” i ask and she laugh “it’s a metaphor”

“what i meant is, i can see you model in the studio and make everyone feel like the studio is yours” she said “i mean look at this picture” i show her the picture i took before, “this can be a cosmetic promotion picture” she said and i laugh “don’t be silly”

“let me proof it to you, come with me tomorrow, i have a small house at the country side it’s a good view there and it’s relaxing, we just need to go by train. There’s a big field that we can use as a background for the pictures, i’ll take a few shots of you and when we get back here i’ll send it to the head chief of my magazine,  it’ll be fun” she said.

Did she just... ask me to a gate away with her? I’d love to.. but... Taeyeon..

“Yuri.. i don’t think- -“

“as a friend, we’re friends right? Tiffany, i’m with Jessica now and you know it” she said and i sigh “you’re right.. but.. let me tell you my answer tonight ok? I’ll call you”

 

YURI’S POV

Jessica? Total lie. I just pretend to be with Jessica so Tiffany thought i’m already over her so she can be ‘friends’ with me and so i can still be with her even only as her friend.

 

TIFFANY’S POV

I got home with my head still full with Yuri, well she’s right she said she’s with Jessica but i still can’t go with her right? it’ll be like betraying on Taeyeon. Maybe i can talk to her first..

I walk in the house and i stop my step when i see the living room is a mess, the tv is on, the air conditioner is on and there’s an empty wine bottle on the floor, i walk to the center of the living room and i see Taeyeon sitting on the carpet leaning on the couch drinking another bottle of wine, “oh my god..” i walk to her and sit beside her, she’s a mess. I don’t know why but her hair is messy, she’s drunk and she’s pale “Taetae you ok?” i ask and i wipe the sweats off her face, “Tae.. talk to me, what’s wrong?” i ask.. no answer, she take another sip off her glass, i take the glass away from her hand and put it behind me, she look at me in a weak looks “Tae...” i said and i lean closer and hug her, she didn’t hug me back but i feel her leaning her head on my shoulder, and that’s enough for me.

I can’t leave her, i can’t leave with Yuri right? Taeyeon still needs me... right? “Don’t worry Tae.. i’m here” i said and i hear her sigh.. suddenly she push me, “get off me” she said and tears form in my eyes, “Tae.. why- -“ “shut up, i don’t need you.. i don’t need you” she said and she stand up leaving me alone on the carpet, i wipe my tears and stand up to her, she’s walking to the door and i grab her arm “Tae! Wait.. don’t do this to me, where are you going? Why are you like this? Talk to me..” “i said get off me Tiffany..” she said but i keep holding her arms “Tae.. i was going to tell you that i’m leaving with another person to the country side, only for a couple of days but when i saw you.. i know i can’t leave you even just for a day. Look Tae, i know we’re not in our good terms right now, but.. i’m willing to work things out if you would... please don’t go..” i said and keep holding her arm hoping she would stay

“let me go... and you, you can go anywhere with anyone you want” she pull her arm from my grip “i won’t care” she said and tears fall on my cheek “Tae..” i said before she walk out the door, she turn around and give me the coldest looks that stab my heart

“i’m still leaving tomorrow but... if you don’t comeback before 12 midnight, i’m never coming back but if you comeback before midnight it will only be a 2 days vacation”

She stare at me for seconds and she walk out the door... i pick up my phone and dial Yuri’s number

“hello?” she said.. i pause, i take a deep breath

“tiffany?” she said

“i’m in. see you tomorrow”

 

TAEYEON’S POV

I can’t live like this. I can’t. i need her. I need my drugs. I need Jessica.

I walk to her apartment with my head pounding, i’m not drunk, i drank almost 2 bottles of wine by myself yet i’m still sober, nothing can get me drunk.... except her.

Tiffany hugged me, at once i felt warm but it gets cold when i know it’s Tiffany and not Jessica.. i can’t deal with this, i can’t.

I arrive at her apartment and stop in front of her door, i knock on the door rapidly until the door open and the person i’m hoping to see is right there standing in front of me in her pajamas, she look at me with surprised expression

“Tae- -“ before she said anything i pull her into my embrace and hug her tight, i sigh and finally feel calm.. i finally got it, my antidote, my drug.

“Taeng..” her high pitch voice said my name, “Taeng, no...” she push me slowly, i see tears forming in her eyes “no.. sica don’t cry” i wipe the tears off her face and she shook her head slowly, “explain” she said, “i don’t wanna be the person who see the worst in people. I want to hear why you did what you did.. i’m giving you a chance to explain” she said

i sigh and feel a little happy yet sad inside, she’s an angel sent from heaven to me. i’m a bad person for putting her in the situation she is in now, i am a horrible person for being unfaithful to her and to Tiffany but i can’t help myself t tell her.. i don’t.. i can’t lose her.

“the reason why i can’t say those three words are because they aren’t true” i said, “but?” she ask “you and i both know, the moment i say it.. it won’t be the start of something, it’ll be the end” i said and i see her tighten her jaw, she’s biting her tongue to hold back her tears. She sniff her nose and look down, i see tears fall down her face, i lift up her chin and wipe her tears “look i’d rather wait... maybe in the future....” i said

She smile, Her cold yet warm smile. “i suppose there will be more pleasure then” she said and i smile to her, i lean closer and kiss her forehead.

“Taeng... am i still your girlfriend?” she ask and i look at her, “i’m the one who should be asking that question..” “you don’t have to, you already know the answer” she said and she lean closer to kiss me

 

TIFFANY’S POV

I walk back and forth, back and forth, back and forth on the living room waiting for the door to be open and revealed Taeyeon there, it’s been almost 2 and a half hour, 15 minutes left and it’s midnight.

I sit on the couch and suddenly the door opens, Taeyeon is there. she’s back before midnight. I run to her and give her a hug “i know you’d be back” i said but instead of hugging me, she push me away “i’m tired” she walk inside the bedroom and slam the door.

I don’t care if you still treating me like this Tae.. but you came back, that shows me more than your action towards me.. i know you’ll comeback to me again someday. I know... i’ll wait for you, no matter how long.. i’ll wait.

 

JESSICA’S POV

I walk back in my bedroom, sit on my bed hug the teddy bear Taeng gave me on our date to the amusement park, my phone beeps and i open the message, it’s from Taeng

Maybe i can’t say it.. but i’m showing it. I’ll pick you up tomorrow and we’re going to spend out date in my house, see you. –Taeng

A wide grin appear on my face. Maybe it’s not what i expected but it’s slowly getting there and i know we will reach the point where we can say those three words towards each other without any burden. I know it. i’m going to wait for you Taeng... i will.

 

- - - - -

ahh sorry for the very late update.. but here you go, hope you still read this hehehehee comment and subscribe :D