"Acrimony"

Acrimony (Bitterness)

JESSICA'S POV

"Why is it acrimony?" a lady with the glasses raise her hand while holding a microphone towards the podium I'm standing on. "Because bitterness is the biggest thing that made me who I am today, without it I wouldn't be able to achieve what I have now" I said and smile. "So, after reading your book, people has been wondering about the cliff hanging end. You wrote that you end up met her and start over but it doesn't exactly say that you're back together or not, so how's your relationship with her now?" a man ask, I let out a small laugh and take a deep breath. I look at the back row, I smile to my friends, and her. She wink at me and I nodded, "She's now the most important thing in my life" I said and people clap their hands and give an awe expression. I thank them for coming to my reading and walk down the podium. 

2 girls come up to me and ask for a signature in their book, "You're an inspiration Jessica, I read this book and I just felt like you really talked to me and showed me that life goes on. I cried so hard reading this." she said and I smile, "Thank you" I said, "Oh and we know that it's now our business, but we talked about it and we're so happy that you decided to forgive Taeyeon and get back together with her, you guys belong together, even though some people think you're stupid for forgiving her but don't mind them" the other girl said and I just let out a small laughter. I walk forward after they walk away and greet my friends.

"Unnie" Seohyun said and Kyuhyun help her stand up from her seat. "Hey fatty" I said to Seohyun who's already 6 months pregnant. "Yah unnie, I was going to congratulate you on your first reading, but why are you so mean?" she said and I laugh, "You still look cute with that baby bump" I said and she laugh, "Sica unnie, you were really cool up there! and look at those people who were waiting for your book signing." Yoona said while carrying Aiden. "Omma, can I get some ice cream?" Aiden said and Yoona nodded, "Here I'll take him" Donghae said and Yoona put Aiden down to walk with Donghae, "Congratulation Jessica-ssi" Donghae said and I nodded, "Thank you for coming, you too Yoona" I said. 

"Hey there super star" Yuri come while holding Tiffany's hand and I hug both of them, "Thank you for being here" I said and they smile, "I'm so proud Sica" Yuri said, "You were amazing and this book, I love it" Tiffany said and I chuckled, "Thank you", "ok let's celebrate, how about dimsum?" Yuri said, "No! why do you always celebrate things with dimsum?" Tiffany said and we laugh, "Well, it's good! ok fine you decide" she said, "Let Sica decide, it's her day" Tiffany said and I smile to Yuri, "Dimsum" I said and Yuri clap her hands, "Saranghae Sica-yah!" she said and we laugh, "Ok, we'll see you guys there in an hour" Yuri said and she walk away with Tiffany. "I'll go tell Donghae." Yoona said, "Ok, we're gonna go to, see you unnie" Seohyun said and walk away with Kyuhyun.

I sigh and smile as I see them walking away, I look at the empty chairs and see someone still sitting, "So, you're not gonna congratulate me after my first reading?" I said and she stang up, "I wanna wait until everyone's gone" she said and she walk up to me, she hold my hand and smile, "Congratulation" he said and I feel something in my hand, I put my hand closer to my face and see a piece of jewelry on my hand. It's a necklace with a 'T' pendant. "Taeng..." I said and she smile, "So you'll always remember me" she said and I wrinkled my forehead, "But you're not going anywhere" I said and she smile, "Yeah, I know. I just want you to always have a piece of me with you" she said and put the necklace around my neck. "It's beautiful" I said, "Thank you". I pull her into my embrace and give a soft kiss on her lips. "Let's go, they're waiting for us" I said, "Dimsum?" Taeyeon ask and I nodded.

 

We arrive at the dimsum place and sit with everyone who are already there. I smile and see this people around me.

My baby sister, Seohyun. Even though she's married and pregnant now, I still see her as my baby. She and Kyuhyun are still picking what food to eat because she's really insecure on healthy foods for pregnant woman. 

Yoona and Donghae are trying to persuade Aiden to eat vegetables, Even though I don't know Yoona that well but she made Seohyun happy and she's always there for her. 

Yuri is eating really fast and Tiffany slap her for not being well mannered. I chuckled at their behavior. 

Kwon Yuri, my first love, my friend and my family. She'll always have a special place in my heart. I've never seen her as happy as she is right now, and I can't express how happy I am to see a smile on her face.  

Tiffany, somehow, she can really undestand me and has the same point of view to me. She's made for Yuri, she knows how to make her happy. She deserve Yuri just like Yuri deserve her.

I look at the person beside me and smile, she see me looking at her and lean closer to give a peck on my lips. 

Kim Taeyeon. Yes. Some people may say I'm stupid for giving her a second chance, but nobody knows how I feel towards her, she's the only person that made me feel strong and weak at the same time, she's the only person that could give me the biggest happiness and sadness. She completes me. We had our ups and downs, but who doesn't? I love her, and she loves me. I think it's enough. 

In the end, love is just like everything else. Love can be beautiful, we'll enjoy the day when love gives tingles in our stomach but those days are not the days we'll remember. Those cries, angers and sadness are the part of love that we'll remember. It may made us afraid to feel it again or even afraid to say it, but without those bitterness, we wouldn't be able to carry on, we wouldn't be able to move on. And who knows but those dark times could lead you to making the right decision and end up with 'happily ever after'.

Love, is Acrimony. 

Sincerely,

                         Jessica Jung