Finding the right path

Acrimony (Bitterness)

 

YOONA’S POV

I decided to go to Seohyun’s place because i know i can’t stand living like this any longer, i walk out my house and lock the door. I turn around but i stop my steps when i see him.

“o..opp...Donghae?” i ask and he sigh, he walk to me and hug me tight. My eyes are filled with tears that almost fall once i’m back in his embrace, i miss him too much but i can’t stand it. “where were you? Is everything ok? do you regret it?” he said and keep hugging me tighter, i didn’t hug back.. i just stand there in his embrace. “Yoong, do you know how worried i am? Please.. talk to me, i know there’s something wrong” he pull away from the hug and hold my shoulders, “why are you crying?” he wipe my tears and i look at him, “Donghae...” i said, “let’s take a break”

“yes.. sure, you wanna go get some ice cream or frozen yoghurt?” he ask and i take a deep breath and shook my head slowly

“no... i meant... a break.. from us”

his hand slowly letting go of my shoulder, and he’s looking at me in an empty looks, i can’t see him like this.. he’s broken hearted and i’m the cause of it.

“Wh.... what? Did i do something wrong? Did i hurt you? Is this about our first time? Do you regret it? or.. or are you pregnant? Because if you are, I am willing to take responsible, no matter what. I’ll marry you, and not because of the baby but because i love you... i don’t want to lose you and i’m ready to spend my life with you” “you... you are willing to marry me?” i ask and he nodded and hold my hand tight “I’ll do whatever it takes to keep you by my side, and not just that but because i know you are the one... you’re the only one” he said and i look down with tears running down my eyes “please don’t leave me.. i can’t live without you Yoona.. i can’t” he said “Donghae.. i need... time, i need to think about everything” “what is there to think about? We were fine, is there something wrong? Is there something you’re not telling me?” he said and i take a deep breath, “Seohyun told me she loves me... more than friends” i said and i see him tighten his jaw “so.. you’re leaving me for her?” he said and i shook my head, “i just need time to think”

“do you love her too?”

“yes, but as my friend”

“do you love me?”

“more than anything” i said

Donghae nodded and look down, he caress my hair and pull me closer, he give a gentle kiss on my forehead and look right in my eyes “ok.. let’s take a break” he said and i look up to him, his eyes are red and filled with tears “it will be fair for you.. and seohyun too” “Donghae...”

More tears fall down my eyes, with him being like this right now makes everything harder for me, he’s too kind.. i can’t let myself hurt him, i can’t.

I lean closer and hug him tight “just remember that i love you ok? no matter what will happen in the future.. i will always love you, always.” I said and before i burst in more tears i pull away and run away from him, leaving him behind.

i keep running and cover my mouth with my hands with tears keep running down my face, i look at him and he’s still standing in front of my house, i continue running and not turning back.

Did i just broke up with the guy i’m in love with? Did i just destroy my own relationship? All my future i imagine with him are slowly fading away.

 

JESSICA’S POV

“unnie, i’m going home to get some clothes ok? i’ll be back” Seohyun said and i nodded, Yuri is out at work. She’s finally back after her broken heart phase with Tiffany. Maybe not completely back but she’s better. While i’m not.

I’m still in my self destruction phase where i don’t know what to do with my life right now, i can’t stop looking at my phone hoping Taeng will text or call me but she didn’t. I keep thinking about going to her apartment but what for? Looking at her living a happy life with Tiffany?

My phone beep and i open it instantly, it’s a message from my friend Sunny. It’s been ages since the last time she contacted me, she’s inviting me to her birthday party tonight at the club. Hmm.. Party sounds like a good idea for me right now even though i’m not in a mood to be in a crowded place, i could use a few drinks, besides it’s an open bar right?

 

YURI’S POV

I arrive at the zoo.. why am i here? So my editor saw the pictures of Tiffany i took during our trip and he loved it, he wanted to use those pictures for next month’s issue but i have to get the agreement from Tiffany and now i’m here.. looking for her.

I walk inside to the aqua life section and my eyes are searching for her, i see her sitting on a bench while reading a book, she’s wearing a shirt and a short, her hair is wet maybe she just finished feeding the dolphins.

I take a deep breath and walk to her, it’s the first time i’m talking to her after that night. “ehem..” i clear my throat and she look up to me, her eyes got widen and she stand up. “Yuri...” “um.. hey” “i’m sorry but tour’s over” she said and she’s about to walk away but i grab her hand, “i’m not here to push you on talking to me, i’m here to talk about this” i said and i lift the folder i’m holding.

We’re inside her office and i’m sitting across her, “my editor wants me to ask for your agreement on those pictures, he wants to use it for next month’s issue” i said and she’s looking at her pictures, “these are amazing Yuri” she said and i just keep looking at her, “if you’re ok with that.. just sign this paper and you’ll never see me again, until you ask” i said and she look up to me, she take the papers and sign it a few times and hand it back to me.

“Thank you” i said and put everything back in the folder, i stand up and turn around to walk away. I’m reaching for the door knob and stop when she said

“aren’t you gonna ask me why i left and not contacting you again?” she ask, i take a deep breath and turn around to her “you wrote in your letter that if i really love you.. i’ll wait for you to contact me first” i said, “and i’m still waiting” i smile and turn around to walk out from her office.

 

TIFFANY’S POV

“and i’m still waiting” she said and she walk out, my heart beats fast..  what is that suppose to mean? She’s still in love with me..? i wipe my tears, i don’t even know why i’m crying but when i saw her.. all i wanted to do was hug her and kiss her and do everything we did before, i want to be able to laugh with her, talk to her.. no. i can’t be like this, i’m with Taeyeon again right now and we’re working things out.

Tonight is my anniversary dinner with her, i’m preparing a candle light dinner  in our apartment, this will be the first dinner after our reunion and i can’t let my mind about Yuri thinking about ruin it.

 

SEOHYUN’S POV

I walk in my apartment building and get off the elevator at level 15, i walk down the hall and i see someone sitting outside my apartment. Wait.. is that..

“Y..Yoona?” i ask and she stand up once she see me, her face are red, her eyes are puffy, she wipe her tears and fake a smile to me

“i’ve been waiting for you, i need to talk” she said, “if i had known, i would’ve come sooner” i said and she shook her head, “it’s fine”

i open the door and lead her in, “is everything ok?” i ask and she smile but tears fall down her face, “Yoona?”

“i broke up with Donghae” she said and she chuckled, bitter one. “wh..what?” she sit on the couch and i sit next to her, “i need to think, i can’t lose you Seohyun.. you’re my bestfriend” she said and i sigh, “Yoona... no, you’re not gonna lose me.. it was a stupid thing for me to told you how i really felt and.. i was the one who destroyed our friendship with my stupid confession, i was the one who cause this mess and.. i can’t let you suffer because of that” i said, “i don’t want you to force your feelings, i don’t want you to do something your heart doesn’t want to do, i want you to be happy... as your friend... i want to see you happy” her lips are shaking and her eyes are filled with tears, “why did you break up with him?” “i... because i.. i don’t know..” she said, “you’re choosing the wrong path right now.. you’re doing something against your feelings and you’re hurting yourself” i said, “now forget about what i said to you, think of me as your sister like i use to be.. and answer me honestly” i said and she nodded

“do you love him?”

“yes”

“do you regret breaking up with him?”

“yes”

“now go.... talk to him before it’s too late”

“Seo...” “Thank you” she said and i smile to her

 

TAEYEON’S POV

“you’re going home?” my friend from work ask, “yeah i have a plan with Tiffany, celebrating our anniversary” i said, “how about stopping at a club for a sec? my Girlfriend is celebrating her birthday there and it’s an open bar” he said and i raise my shoulders “umm i don’t know Sungmin, Tiffany’s so excited for this dinner and i can’t let her down” i said, “just for a sec.. every one from work will be there, come on. It’s not the same without you” he said, “well.. i could really use a drink, or two” i said, “now that’s my girl, come on”

We arrive at the club and it’s a little crowded here, “come on let me introduce you to my girlfriend” he said and we walk to the table in the middle and i see a bunch of people sitting and talking and there’s a cute looking girl in a red dress stand up and walk to sungmin, “baby you made it! what took you so long?” she ask and hug Sungmin, “sorry sunbun, caught up at work.. but i will make it up tonight ok? i promise” Sungmin said and kiss the girl’s neck, i rolled my eyes and they look at me, “sunbun, this is my friend from work, Taeyeon” she reach her hand and shake mine “Sunny” she said, “Taeyeon” i said, “nice to meet you” “you too sunny and.. happy birthday”

“Thank you, enjoy the party! It’s an open bar” she said and i nodded

“baby i want to dance, come on” Sunny said and she drag sungmin to the dance floor, i’m standing there looking for the bar, i walk to the bar but stop my steps when i see a familiar figure.. blonde girl with a black dress, she’s talking and laughing with a muscular guy... Jessica Jung.

 

JESSICA’S POV

“Happy birthday Sunny, it’s been a while” i said and hug her, “it is.. i miss you sica, we should catch up sometimes” she said and i nodded, “still got your number, i’ll call you” i said, “i look forward to that, enjoy the party” she said and i nodded. I walk to the bar and ordered 3 shots, it came out and i all one of them. It’s strong but with my head like right now i can drink 100 of this and still sober.

“Jessica Jung?” a voice called my name and i turn around, i see a good looking guy with a black shirt and jeans, “Taecyeon?!” i said and he smile, “wow.. it’s been a while, you.. you look amazing” he said and i smile “thanks.. you too”

“mind if i join you?” he said, “no.. go ahead” i said and he sit beside me, “wow.. so how are you?” he said and i nodded “i’m well.. i’m good, how about you? It’s been a very long time huh..” “yeah the last time i saw you was after that bar mitzvah in LA” he said, “really? That was like.. 3 years ago”

“so.. you’re back huh..” i said and he nodded while smiling at me

Taecyeon is my ex boyfriend, we were together when i was in America, we dated for 2 and a half years and i have to go back to Korea so we ended everything without contacting each other afterwards.

“i’ve been in Korea for 6 months now, i tried to contact you the moment i got here but i don’t know where to start looking. I came here because i hope you’d be here and.. here we are” he said and i smile to him “yeah.. here we are”

i look around the club to avoid eye contact with him but i spot something else... Taeyeon.

I blink a few times to make sure it’s real or am i just drunk? She’s staring at me and she’s not too far

“I miss you Jess” Taecyeon said and i look away from Taeyeon and look back at him, “i really really miss you” he said, i glance to Taeyeon and she’s still there.

 “i miss you too Tae.....c...yeon” i smile, “so what do you do now?” he ask, “oh i’m.. i just quit my job because i hate it so...” “how’s your singing?” he ask, “my singing? Wow.. it’s been a long time since i do anything related to music” i said, “what? But you’re talented and it has been your dream to be a singer” he said “it was... i guess it’s too big right now” i said, “look.. i’m working in a music business and i told my company i will bring back a talent to america... why don’t you become my talent?” he said, “what.. you mean- -“

“come with me to America”

----------

It's been a very very very long tims guys.. i'm so sorry but i'm back and i have the next chapter coming up tonight!! 2 chapters in 1 day because i am so sorry for not updating in ages :)