Friends

Acrimony (Bitterness)

 

YURI’S POV

You will never know how much you like someone until that person is with someone else

Jessica’s words keep ringing in my head, is that true? Should i pretend to like someone else in front of Tiffany? I really don’t know if that’s the right thing to do or not, i’m clueless here. I don’t know what’s keeping Tiffany away from accepting me, i mean i haven’t officially ask her to be my girlfriend or something, but i know she’s still trying to hide her feelings for me.

“yah where are you?” i ask to the phone. “i’m getting my hair done, why?” Jessica’s voice answer from the other line “can you meet me at our usual cafe? It’s urgent!” i said and she pause for a while “i told you i’m getting my hair done” “it’s important. What’s more important, me or your hair?” i ask “my hair of course” she answer, i knew she will said that “YAH” i yell to my phone and hear her laughter “fine, i will do it tomorrow. See you there in 15 minutes” she said and she hang up the phone.

I walk to the cafe since it’s super close from my place and sit on my usual spot, 15 minutes later a petite familiar blonde girl walk in and look at me with annoyed face “what’s so urgent? Can’t you see my hair needs a treatment?” she ask and show me her shining silky blonde hair, i rolled my eyes and give her a sign to sit “i’m taking you somewhere today” i said and she wrinkled her forehead “where?” she ask “we’re going on a date”

“WHAT?! Yah! Are you trying to get me killed by Taeng? And no i don’t want to cheat on her” she said with annoyed face and i laugh at her “you really need an anger management, or a spa” i said

“i’m not saying on a real date, just.. pretend to go on a date? You said it yourself,  i need to make Tiffany jealous, and i can’t do that by myself.. i need you to help me” “so you’re using me?” she ask and i rolled my eyes, “i’m asking for your help, please”

 

TIFFANY’S POV

I decided to focus on my work for a while and find a courage to ignore Taeyeon, it’s hard for me not to approach her but it’s harder to take her reaction to me. i just finished my tour and fed the dolphins. Feeding dolphins become more fun since that day i did it with Yuri. Now, every time i feed the dolphins it makes me think about her. Thinking about Yuri makes me happy sometimes, she always have this happy full of hope warm smile and a positive aura around her.

I’m drying my hair with a towel after i took a shower from feeding the dolphins and i have a shift at the penguin’s section. I walk there and i stop my steps when i see a familiar figure, Yuri. She’s entering the aqua life zone, i’m about to walk to her but i stop my steps when she’s holding someone’s hand, another girl. She’s ... She’s beautiful. She’s perfect.

Her jawline is strong, her skin is milky white, her petite but curvy body looks really great in the pencil skirt she’s wearing, her blonde smooth hair falls perfectly and her stare.. i’ve never seen anyone as cold as her, and she’s with Yuri.

I take a deep breath, why should i care? It’s not like i’m jealous, i’m with Taeyeon. Even if our relationship is fragile right now, she is still my girlfriend and i’m still hers, At least for me.

I turn around to avoid Yuri but i guess she saw me first “Fany!” i heard her voice, i take a deep breath before turning around. I turn around and she walk to me, still locking hands with the blonde girl. “hey” i said “how are you fany?” she ask “good, you?” “good.. oh by the way, this is my friend.. Jessica” Yuri said and i look at the blonde girl, she give me a cold smile and shake my hand “Tiffany” i said

“i’d love to stay and chat but i have works to do, enjoy the zoo guys” i said and walk away from them. Why do i have a feeling like i don’t like seeing them together? But who am i not to like it? Yuri is just a friend in my eyes, just a friend.

 

SEOHYUN’S POV

I’m cleaning the living room when there’s a knock on the door, i walk to the door and open it, “Y..yoona?” i’m surprised to see her, she walk in and sit on the couch without saying anything, i close the door and walk to the couch “are you avoiding me?” she ask and i shook my head slowly “don’t lie, is there something wrong?” “i’m not lying, there’s an exam coming and i’m busy preparing for it” i lied, of course i lied. What should i say? I can’t say that i avoid her because i think i’m in a deep love with her, right?

“oh well, am i disturbing you right now?” i shook my head “i’m taking a break and cleaning the house since no one’s home” i said, “where is Yuri unnie?” “she’s taking Jessica unnie out to make that girl she likes jealous, i guess she’s doing anything she can to win her, i feel bad for her.. she didn’t know what to do anymore, this girl keep trying to hold her feelings for Yuri unnie and Yuri unnie didn’t even know why” i said, “is she really that special? What is she look like?” Yoona ask, “she’s beautiful, she have this long black shiny hair, Yuri unnie showed me a picture of her once and when Yuri unnie talk to me about her, she seem nice too, Yuri unnie said she have this amazing eye smile” i said, “what’s her name?” “Tif..tiffany something i guess”

“wait, Tiffany? And she work at the zoo?” Yoona ask and i nodded, she take her phone from her bag and search something, “is this her?” Yoona ask and i look at her phone, it’s a picture of a girl with a long black hair and i know it is that Tiffany girl “ohmy.. yes. This is her! Why do you have a picture of her in your phone?” i ask and Yoona’s eyes got widen “she’s my cousin!!” i widen my eyes too and gasp “are you kidding me??” i ask, “no, she really is.. ohmy what a small world..” she said, “so.. do you think you can find out what’s keeping her from liking my sister?” i ask and Yoona look at me “i guess i don’t have to find out, i already know...” she said and i wrinkled my forehead “she has a girlfriend”

 

JESSICA’S POV

So that’s Tiffany, the girl that stole Yuri’s heart. Yuri is not a person who can easily fall in love, she’s actually a hard one, but once she did.. she will do anything to make the one she loves happy. She loves me, i’m her friend and i love her too but there was a time where i want her to love me more than friends but like i said.. it’s not easy for her to fall in love. I’m not jealous of her liking this Tiffany girl. I have Taeyeon. Probably she will not treat me the way Yuri did but she’s the one who manage to stole my heart and believe it or not, she can make me happy with her own way.

“so, what now?” i ask when Tiffany walk away from us, “come let’s follow her” Yuri said and drag me with her. We’re in a zone where there are lots of arctic animals here, polar bears, seal and penguins. I’m looking at a swimming polar bear when i feel Yuri’s hand hold mine tighter, i look at her and look at what she’s looking and she’s looking at the penguins cage but inside it there’s Tiffany feeding the penguins. I chuckled and pull my hand from her grip “you need to control yourself, you don’t want to scare her away with your face” i said. My phone beep and i take it from my bag, it’s a message from Seohyun

Unnie, i need to talk to Yuri unnie now, are you still at the zoo? Can you both meet me at the coffee shop in front of the zoo? It’s urgent

 -Seohyun

i reply to her and tell her we’ll meet her there in a minute, “yul, your sister is waiting at the coffee shop in front of the zoo, she said she need to talk about something important” i said, “huh? Seohyun?” she ask and i nodded

We walk outside the zoo and cross the street to get to the coffee shop, we see Seohyun sitting alone and we approach her, i sit next to her and Yuri sit in front of us, “what’s wrong?” i ask and Seohyun take a deep breath, she look at me and look at Yuri “there’s something you should know Yuri unnie..”

 

YURI’S POV

Tiffany has a girlfriend, i found out from Yoona. Turns out that Tiffany is her cousin. Yoona said they’ve been dating for a long time and now they’re living together. I didn’t know anything about her girlfriend because Yoona didn’t say anything about her, even her name. oh and Yoona said, Tiffany unnie love her girlfriend more than anything in this world.. i’m sorry unnie

I just sit there in front of my sister and my best friend in silent after what Seohyun said, i don’t know what to say, i don’t know what to do. so that’s why Tiffany want to be only friends with me? so that’s why she always see me as her ‘friend’?

“unnie..” “Yuri ah” Seohyun and Jessica’s voice said, i look up to them and smile “are they happy?” i ask and they look at each other, “what do you mean?”

“Tiffany, and her girlfriend. Are they happy?”

“Yul, they’re living together. Should you even ask that?” Jessica said and i chuckled, she’s right.

i stand up from my seat and they did too “where are you going?” Jessica ask “you guys should go home, i’m going to wait for Tiffany. I’m going to talk to her, and do the right thing” i said “unnie..”

“don’t worry, i’m fine” ... i hope so.

 

TIFFANY’S POV

“ok see you tomorrow Tiffany” i wave goodbye to the people i work with, i lock my locker and walk out from the dressing room. I walk out the zoo and the chilly wind blow right through my body. I zip up my jacket and walk forward, “Tiffany” a familiar voice call my name, i turn around and see Yuri sitting on the bench, she stand up and walk closer to me “Yuri? You’re still here?” i ask and she didn’t answer. “is everything ok?” i ask

“why didn’t you tell me?” she ask, “tell you? About what?”

“your girlfriend”

i froze. How did she fin out? Wait, why am i feel like i’m betraying her? She’s not my girlfriend, Taeyeon is. “oh.. that.. um.. i’m ... i don’t...- -“ “you know i like you, you could at least give me a heads up” she said and i look down, she’s right, i should’ve told her but there’s a part of me that didn’t want her to know. “i’m really sorry. Yuri, you are a very nice human being, you’re funny, you’re smart, beautiful and you make me feel comfortable when i’m around you, but unfortunately i can’t be in the same place as you because the only person that i love is my girlfriend and it will always be her” i said, “i want to be your friend, i really do.. but i understand if it’s too weird for you- -“ “no” Yuri said and i look up to her “no it’s not weird at all, i’m the one who should apologize, not you. I’m sorry for acted like that, you have a girlfriend, fair enough”

“we can be friends right?” she ask and i smile and nodded “friends?” i give a hand to shake, she look at my hand and look at me, this time she hold my hand and shook it “friends”

i can’t believe there’s a person as nice as Yuri, right now all i want to do is hug her and tell her to stay by my side all the time but every time i think about that, Taeyeon’s face pop up in my head.

 

YURI’S POV

“friends” i never thought that beautiful word can hurt me, but i have to be fair to Tiffany, if being friends is the furthest thing we can have, so be it. what matters is that she’s happy with her girlfriend. I’m happy, as long as she’s happy.

 

- - - - -

UPDATE! sorry for the late update x_x anyway, it's still flat right now, cause i'm taking things slowly :) thanks for those who comment and subscribe!!