Then and Now

Acrimony (Bitterness)

 

JESSICA’S POV

I walk in a familiar house without knocking on their door and go straight to the main bedroom where i know i can find them, i open the bedroom door and as expected they’re both in there doing their own activity. The older one is playing with her laptop on the desk and the younger one is reading a book on the bed.

“yaahh” i lay next to her and take the book from her hand “what is this Seo baby? Stop being a bookworm for once” she take the book from my hand and continue reading “reading increase your knowledge unnie” she said and i rolled my eyes “yes but me, your very best friend here need to talk to you, oh by the way what is your sister doing?” i ask and see the older one still on her laptop without saying hello to me “she’s wearing an earphone, i don’t think she knows you’re here” Seohyun said, i throw a pillow to the older one. She open her earphone and turn around with annoyed face but look surprise when she see me “oh sica, when did you get here?” “ah you and your sister is the same Yuri-ah, you guys need to stop doing something so serious and didn’t notice other” Yuri chuckled, she stand up and walk to the door  “want something to drink or eat?” she ask and i shook my head “you got any cookies?” i ask and she nodded “perfect” i stand up and follow her out the room. Before we walk out Yuri glance to Seohyun who’s back to her book “Seohyun-ah.. you want something?” she ask and Seohyun just shook her head slowly without looking at us or saying something.

We’re at the kitchen and we already picked some cookies, i was about to walk back to the room when suddenly Yuri grab my arm “auch. What’s wrong?” i ask, “can you.. talk to Seohyun? She’s not in her good shape and it has been going on for weeks, i tried to talk to her but she just refuse to tell me” she said “what makes you think she’ll tell me when she won’t even tell you? Her own sister” Yuri sigh, “she loves you more than anything, you’ve been our family’s friend for god knows how long, you’re just like a sister to her” Yuri said.

Yuri’s right, her family and mine is like one big family and i love them both more than anything, i don’t like seeing one of them get hurt or something, especially Seohyun. I have this special protective feeling towards her, she’s still so young, innocent and fragile. Yuri and i both care about Seohyun more than anything.

I walk in the room slowly with a plate of cookies and a glass of milk on my other hand, i close the door with my but and sit on the bed next to her. “cookie?” i offer her but she just shook her head slowly, “milk?” i ask again and as expected, she shook her head again. I put down the cookies and milk on the table and crawl my way on the table to sit next to her “Seobaby, you ok? Talk to me” she didn’t look away from her book and say “i’m fine” i rolled my eyes and take the book away from her “do you really expect me to believe that? I can see through you fyi” she look at me and just give me a weak bitter smile as tears form in her eyes, i bet she’s thinking about the thing  that makes her like this “how can i love someone i can’t have? Why can’t i choose a person i fall in love with?” she said and i grab her hand “Seo.. is this about Yoona again?” she nodded “same old story” she said and chuckled, i caress her hair “look, i can’t give anymore advice to you. I already gave you once and now, i’m going to say the same. If you don’t want to tell her, let her go. Let her be happy with the one she loves, just pretend like you don’t know her but if you tell her.. there are 2 possibilities that will happen, you will be happy together if she loves you too or you will- -“ “lose her” she continue my words and i nodded “exactly”

“you’re right, you’re always right unnie.. thank you” she said “anytime, now drink the milk and have some cookies. I need to make a call” i said and walk out the room, i see Yuri sitting in the living room watching tv, i sit on the couch next to her. She turn off the tv and look at me “so?” she ask and i raise my shoulders “same old story” “Yoona?” “yup” Yuri sigh “should i just tell Yoona? I mean i see her at work everyday” i glance at Yuri “yah since when you like to meddle in people’s business? Mind your own” “you’re right.. i just don’t like seeing her like this” she said and i nodded

 “she’ll figure it out, speaking of your business.. how’s this secret crush you have for the safari girl?” she blush instantly once this topic came out “well.. she’s still.. and i’m still.... so we’re like... yeah” “YAH what are you talking about?? Speak human please?” i said and she laugh “i don’t know how to describe it, sometimes i wish i know what’s keeping her from being with me but i don’t want to make her feel burden by me, you know? But on the other side, i don’t want her to look at me as her friend.. i want to be more” she said “you know maybe you need to start by becoming her friend? I mean at least in her mind. Let her see you as friend first, maybe her feelings will grow. Or maybe you should stop showing her how much you like her just act like you’re already find someone else” “why why? Why should i act like i find someone else?” she ask and i rolled my eyes “duh. You will never know how much you like someone until that person is with someone else. Trust me, she’ll realize how much she likes you when she see you with another person” i said “maybe you’re right.. i don’t care how long it will take, i will do my best to make her happy with me” i smile and take a deep breath “sometimes i wish Taeyeon is just like you Yuri ah” she wrinkled her forehead and look at me “something wrong with you two?” i chuckled and give her a bitter smile “it’s never right between us, there’s always a wall between us and i don’t know what wall is that. I never even heard those 3 words coming out ” i said

“she hasn’t said it?” Yuri ask and i shook my head “have you?” i shook my head again “but do you?” she ask and i nodded slowly “i just don’t think she’s in the same place as me” i said and Yuri shook her head “it takes time, but i’m sure she feel the same”

“is there something wrong with me?” i ask and Yuri hold my hand “the question should be ‘what can go wrong with you’. Trust me, you’re perfect Sica” she said and i chuckled, “if that so... why did you rejected me?” i look at her and she froze, her hand on mine become sweaty and her face starting to be pale, i laugh and she look at me in confuse “y..yaah! why are you laughing?” i keep laughing “i was just kiding Yuri ah! God, you and seohyun need to stop taking everything so seriously. I’m over that ok? I move on from you. Beside if we did get together.. can you imagine how chaotic it will be?” i laugh and i hear a small giggle from “stop making me feel like i’m the bad guy” she said and i smile to her “stop thinking that you are the bad guy, you did the right thing” she give me a smile and squeeze my hand

It was a long time ago, i was just broken up with my boyfriend. We dated for 2 years and i caught him kissing another girl, i was.. a mess. I didn’t eat, i didn’t sleep, i didn’t do anything. I stayed in my room staring at my wall for months. Yuri was always there for me, she stayed with me from the night i broke up with my boyfriend until i finally get over it, she was there and i realize how easy everything is with her, how happy i feel when i’m with her, that’s when i realize i love her. I told her, i told her how i feel and she give me the most painful yet true answered, she said “i love you too Sica, and that’s why we can’t be together that way..  having you as my best friend is better that having you as my girlfriend because best friends are forever and that’s what i want with you.. forever” i will never forget those words, i wasn’t crushed, i wasn’t sad.. i was happy well, i am happy until now. Everything because of Yuri, she will always have a special spot in my heart. Always.

 “Anyway i gotta go to work, you can stay with Seohyun” she said and she stand up from the couch and grab her bag on the table “sure, i’ll take her out to lunch, have fun at work today” i said and take a magazine from the table in front of me. Yuri walk to the door and before she walk out, she turn around and look at me “Jessica” i look at her and she give me a comfort smile “for the record, it won’t be chaotic if we actually together.. it will be amazing” i nodded and she walk out the door “you always know how to comfort me Yuri ah” i whisper to myself and back to my magazine.

 

TIFFANY’S POV

The bed room door is finally open and Taeyeon walk out slowly still in her pillow face and messy hair “morning!!” i said, she rub her eyes and look at me in confuse “what are you doing here? You’re not at work?” i force myself to smile and give a small laugh “it’s Sunday tae.. are you that sleepy? Come here i make breakfast for us, it’s been a while since we eat together right?” i walk to her and drag her to sit on the dining table. I woke up at 6 am to prepare this dinner for her, i hope she likes it, It’s American breakfast style. it use to be her favorite meal.

I sit on the chair next to her and wait for her to start digging in the foods, but she just sit there and give a big sigh “what’s wrong Tae? You’re not hungry?” i ask and she just ignore me, i keep forcing myself to smile “here, try the egg” i put some egg on her plate, “do you want macaroni or mash potato? See? I made both” i glance to her but she keep ignoring me “you a milk? Let me guess, chocolate? I know your favorite” i pour a glass of milk and put it in front of her, she give a big sigh and push her chair backward, she stand up and walk to the room but before she enter i stand up and walk to her “Tae wait!!” i said and she stop her steps, i keep smiling but my heart feels.. burning and i just want to scream and cry “y..y..you d..don’t like it?” i ask “if you don’t like it i can make you something else, what do you want? Tell me” i said “um.. Chinese? Japanese? Korean? Mexican? I’m not good at making mexican food but i can try if you want me to” she didn’t answer, slowly tears fall from my eyes “Can you just answer me Tae? Did i do something wrong?” she walk in the room and leave me standing there alone.

I try myself to holdback my tears, i’m still standing outside our room and she walk out all dressed up. She wear a loose shirt, black shorts and a cap. She take her jacket and about to walk out the door but i grab her arm “Tae, where are you going?” i ask and she pull her arm from my grip “Tae.. please tell me, you haven’t eat, you didn’t took a shower, it’s Sunday morning, what can be so important?” i ask and she just glance to me “please say something” i plead to her, my eyes are puffy, my heart beat so fast “shut up and clean up the mess” she said and look at the dining table where i prepare those meals for her “Tae..” i whisper but she ignores me and slam the door right in front of my face. My legs finally gave up and i fall on my knees, crying my heart out. Just like usual.

 

SEOHYUN’S POV

“hey.. seo, do you mind if i go first? Taeng just texted me and she said she’s at my house now” Jessica unnie said after we had lunch in a cafe near my house, “it’s ok unnie, just go. I’m meeting Kyuhyun oppa here” i said and she nodded, “here, my treat. Cheer up ok baby? See you” she give me the money to pay for lunch and walk up from her seat.

I ordered another glass of watermelon juice and someone tap me from the back “oh.. you scared me” i said and i see his evil-ish grin, he sit on Jessica unnie’s chair across me “am i late?” he ask and i shook my head “i just had lunch with Jessica unnie”, he put down the menu and look at me “are you ok?” he ask and i raise my shoulders “is this Yoona again?” i nodded slowly “Seohyun ah.. you really need to- -“ “tell her? Yeah that’s what people kept saying, it’s just not that easy. I don’t want to lose her, i can’t lose her and i know how much she loves her boyfriend, i know she won’t leave him for me” i said, “you will never know if you never try” he said, i sigh and look at him “i envy you Kyuhyun oppa” i said and he wrinkled his forehead “me?” i nodded “mm.. you and Sooyoung unnie are happy, you have been together for what? 7 months? And you never fight.. you both are made for each other, you found your true love.. and she loves you too” Kyuhyun give me a comfort smile and hold my hand “you will find yours” he said and i chuckled “i found mine, but unfortunately i’m not hers” i said, “Seohyun ah, it’s not your true love if that person doesn’t love you back”

“beside, you can’t describe me and Sooyoung as a true love, we’re just happen to be 2 person who care a lot about each other” he said “but you love her right?” i ask and he look confuse, “oppa! You love her right?” he sigh and look at me “love is a big word, but i do care about her so much that i know i want to be with her, for now.. i think that’s enough” he said

Kyuhyun oppa is my friend, other than Yoona and Jessica unnie, he’s the one i can talk to and he can talk to me, he can be evil, witty and childish most of the time but once he give me an advice, it’s the one i can listen to.

 

it’s not your true love if that person doesn’t love you back his words keep ringing in my head, is that true? 

 

- - - - -

Update!! not much going on here but i just want to show you some of their ordinary life, and i want to take this story slowly before getting into more problems, comment and subscribe ^^ thanks for those who already did!! <3