Full Moon Rising

The Howling - Part V: Restless

 

Jongin groaned softly, smiling into the elder's kiss and momentarily enjoying the heady dizziness and armth he got from it before he broke the kiss and tipped his head back, eyes closed. "Mm, the cool water feels nice," he murmured, tongue emerging to swipe across his lower lip as he settled in the bath. 
 
He was silent for a time after that, save for the softly mumbled "Joonmyun" before he started to drift back off to sleep. He didn't want to sleep, not yet... not when he had all day to spend with Joonmyun before three days of being unable to talk to the boy save for through his eyes and actions. or rather... Kai's eyes and actions. He couldn't help himself though, and he gazed up at the elder once more before he let sleep carry him away. 
 
--
 
When Jongin stirred some few hours later, the first thing he noticed was that his fever had spiked and he wasn't as hot as he was before, and he was no longer sleeping in the bath. Which meant Joonmyun - and possibly one of the boys - had carried him back to bed. THe next thing he noticed was how late it actually was. He could feel the pull of the full moon, different this time because he'd agreed to let Kai take over, and bit down on his lower lip as he listened to the gentle call of the moon. 
 
Shaking his head, he pushed himself up into a sitting position, eyes flicking around the room in search of his mate.

 

Joonmyun had smiled fondly at Jongin, pushing his bangs away from his eyes as he watched him drift off, deciding that letting him sleep through the fever would be best. He stayed at his side though, wanting to make sure he kept cool and that he didn't slide into the water and drown himself; besides, he enjoyed Jongin's presence, whether he was conscious or not. Truthfully, sleep made him look younger, more at peace, and the elder found comfort in seeing this side of him. 
 
Sometime later, perhaps no longer than an hour, Yunho and Sunny came in to check on them. Sunny brought brunch, and Yunho moved Jongin from the bath to his bed, as well as helped to get him dressed. Joonmyun thanked them as he saw them out and promptly locked the door once it was shut; it was more out of habit, but he didn't want to risk the Alpha barging in on them again, not with Jongin in the state he was. 
 
Since it was still fairly early and there was almost an entire day's worth of time to kill, Joonmyun grabbed a blanket and his tray of food -- he still needed to talk to Sunny about his portions -- and sat on the floor in front of the television. After choosing a movie, something simple and cute -- and that was likely to ease his nerves -- he settled and ate while he watched, his senses still very much aware of the sleeping Jongin behind him. 
 
When the movie ended some two hours later, Joonmyun was surprised to realize that he'd finished most of the meal Sunny had left him, and only half a pancake and one piece of bacon remained on his tray. He cleaned up his mess and checked on Jongin -- then fetched cool cloths for his forehead and neck -- before finding clothes for himself. 
 
Three more long movies later and Joonmyun started getting antsy, the time on the clock telling him that it was late afternoon and that they wouldn't have much longer before the moon rose. He made it through half of one more movie before he couldn't sit still any longer and he turned the entertainment system off and grabbed a blanket before making his way out onto the balcony. Joonmyun knew he'd be spending quite a bit of time outside in the coming days, but he needed fresh air, lest the bedroom suffocate him. 
 
He fell asleep in one of the chairs and woke a few hours later when a chill nipped at his nose. The first thing he was aware of, save for the cold, was the darkening sky and the moon that was pulling over the horizon. It took a moment, but when realization hit, so did anxiety, and his breath caught in his throat as he heart pounded against his ribs. 
 
After taking a few more minutes to himself, Joonmyun pushed himself up out of his chair and made his way back into the room. He was just inside the door when he saw Jongin sitting up in bed, and he stopped, giving the boy his attempt at a smile, before entering the rest of the way and closing the door behind him. What to say was beyond him, and so he pulled his blanket tighter around his shoulders as he waited for Jongin to speak. 

 

For a moment -- a horrible, fleeting moment that filled him with dread and uncertainty and where was he? -- Jongin's stomach heaved, and he had to struggle against the worry and nausea as he caught Joonmyun's scent. The sight of the boy soothed him, calming him, and he breathed out in relief before shaking his head with a smile.
 
"Sorry... You weren't here. When I woke. Thought something..." he trailed off, his broken sentences hoarse as he ran his fingers through his hair and swung his legs over the edge of the bed. "I'll Change before the full moon crests; I don't think I can wait too much longer. It hurts..."
 
And it did hurt, just beneath the skin, as if something was burning him from the inside and it would continue to burn until Kai was released. It was the Moon's way of coercing wolves into Changing when she was full, and only if the human side willingly gave themselves over. Pursing his lips, he straightened, swaying a little as dizziness hit him before he came right and breathed out.
 
"We can either stay... in here, or we can go out into the gardens..." Jongin turned to face Joonmyun as he rubbed at his arm, feeling Kai start to come alive beneath the surface of his skin. "Either way, Kai'll protect you no matter what. But... the garden is probably safer, it's not good to leave a wolf cooped up for three days."

 

The fear -- not his own, but Jongin's -- that had gripped him for a moment faded quickly as he'd entered the room and he merely nodded at the boy's apology. He didn't blame him, not on the night of the full moon when his senses were in overdrive and he had been worrying in the first place. Though the fear was gone, there was a new feeling that had taken it's place, but Joonmyun could only think that it was something that came with nights like these. 
 
Joonmyun didn't move from his place by the door as he watched Jongin move, taking note of the way he moved, obviously antsy and nervous to get out in the open. Even without the younger male saying anything, he knew they'd have to go out soon; Kai was going to be impatient after so long, Joonmyun knew that much. 
 
After taking a deep breath, he decided that now was as good as ever. "Let's go then," he said with a nod as he stepped over to the bed and discarded his blanket before looking up at Jongin. "Is there anything I should take with?" If they'd be returning later, then it wouldn't be an issue, but if they were to stay out side for the entirety of the full moon, then Joonmyun would need to take a few things with. 

 

Jongin pursed his lips a little, eyes darting around the room before he relaxed a little, shoulders slumping as he wandered closer to Joonmyun so he could smile at him. "Thank you, Joonmyun... For going through so much for me."
 
He reached up and fixed a lock of the elder's hair before stepping back and wandering across to the bedside cabinet. If he knew Kai, the wolf would want to be outside for most of the night, even if it were just wandering through the gardens, and although he'd be warm enough, the elder probably needed something to stop a chill.
 
"A...jumper, possibly," he murmured, as he frowned, trying to think through what Joonmyun needed in his head. "A blanket and a pillow... unless you want to curl up beside Kai - and I can guarantee he'd be soft and warm enough... And something to drink?"
 
He wasn't entirely sure, and he turned back to Joonmyun with a sheepish, half embarrassed smile/

 

"No need for thanks," Joonmyun murmured, opening his mouth to speak again -- /I would do anything for you/ -- before deciding against it and just offering the best smile he could as he tilted his head towards the younger male's touch. But before he could sink into the comfort, Jongin was gone, moving away. 
 
Instead of whining or making a scene, Joonmyun grabbed his bag from the floor where he'd put it and emptied it's current contents onto the bed before shoving in a small pillow, a light blanket, two bottles of water, and a few snacks. After slipping into his jacket, Joonmyun zipped up his back and threw it over his shoulders, grunting a little as the bottles dug into his back. 
 
He turned to Jongin then, a soft grin on his face. "Okay.... I'm ready." Or, at least, as ready as he could be. Joonmyun's nerves were starting to climb once again, anxiety replacing most other emotions as he waited.