Awkward Dates

The Howling - Part V: Restless

 

Hearing that Jongin would, in fact, heal in just a week or so didn't make Joonmyun feel any better about the situation. He'd hurt himself because the elder had overreacted and spoken without giving anything any thought; Jongin would tell him not to feel bad, that it wasn't his fault, but even those thoughts didn't help Joonmyun not feel like it was partially his fault. 
 
Joonmyun eyed the younger male as he looked him over, eyes lighting up at hearing that he'd been working on a surprise. He nodded -- albeit reluctantly -- at hearing that he'd have to get dressed, but agreed all the same. If wearing clothes was required while in the younger male's presence then he'd wear clothes. Besides, if Sunny or the boys saw him shirtless right now then they'd be sure to worry -- and then Sunny would promptly fuss over him and force food down his throat. And that would go over so well. 
 
After leaning forward and pressing a soft kiss to Jongin's lips Joonmyun slipped back into the bedroom and shuffled over to the wardrobe. He only needed a shirt, nothing to fancy he supposed, just something that would look decent. He sifted through the shirts several times before pulling out a black, v-neck t-shirt, something that was simple, looked nice, and would mostly hide his torso from showing how skinny he was. 
 
"This alright?" he asked and turned to show the boy, knowing well that Jongin wouldn't have any complaints; Joonmyun, though, wanted to make sure it was appropriate for whatever it was that he had planned.

 

Jongin smiled gently as Joonmyun's eyes lit up with the mention of a surprise. He could sense the elder's reluctance to get dressed, and chuckled as he nuzzled his temple again. "Don't worry... after the surprise, I won't mind helping you take all those clothes off again..."
 
yes, he was still worried about how Joonmyun saw him, worried of how much damage the Alpha's words had caused, but that didn't stop him from wanting Joonmyun. His want for the elder was like the air he breathed, he wasn't ever without it, just sometimes he had more air than he needed, and other times too little. Still, when the elder turned to head back into the room, Jongin followed suit to grab his own shirt. He didn't need to hear another lecture from Sunny for walking around the kitchen shirtless.
 
When Joonmyun turned to face him, wearing a rather nice looking v-neck shirt, Jongin smiled and nodded, tugging his own simple dark blue and white shirt over his head before he drew the elder close and kissed him softly. 
 
"You look perfect, my love," he murmured softly, tipping Joonmyun's face up with one hand as he leaned in and pressed his mouth to the elder's in a warm, soothing kiss.

 

The moment he was pulled close Joonmyun leaned into Jongin, arms lifting to wrap around his neck as he pressed against his chest. His entire body hummed with anticipation of the surprise, of what would come later; even with what the alpha had said Joonmyun found room to forgive Jongin, but it wasn't like the bond had given him much of a choice because he still wanted Jongin. He wanted him so much, but what he really wanted from him at the moment would have to wait. 
 
Jongin's lips against hist were warm, soothing, and calmed his every nerve while sparking a small fire at the same time. Joonmyun hummed quietly and leaned into the kiss, head tilting for a better angle before he swiped his tongue against the boy's lower lip. Already he could feel the bond pulling him in, and he forced himself to pull away before it could drag him under. 
 
"C'mon you," he mumbled, dropping a hand to pat Jongin's chest as he pulled away. "Let's go see your surprise before you drag me into something else." Not that Joonmyun would complain, but he was curious as to what the younger male had been working on. 

 

Jongin whined faintly, his hand sliding away from where his fingers had been preparing to glide slowly and teasingly under the elder's shirt, and he pressed a slow, soft kiss to his forehead before he nodded. "All right...And don't worry about closing your eyes, or needing shoes. We aren't going outside..."
 
he gently took the elder's hand, tugging him closer to his side as he walked back out into the hallway. As they drew closer to the kitchen - it would be a surprise enough for Joonmyun when he worked out where they were going to be having dinner - Jongin's heart began to pick up in pace. This was the first time he'd ever done something like this, and he was worried. What if Joonmyun didn't like it? What if what he'd cooked tasted like crap...What if?
 
He tried to calm himself down, knwing that the elder would be able to feel his worry if he didn't, and he didn't want Joonmyun to worry as well. Coming to a halt outside a door - one that Joonmyun hadn't been to before  - he breathed out slowly and came to a halt, smiling affectionately at the elder. 
 
"after you..."

 

Joonmyun was happy to lean into Jongin as they walked, enjoying his warmth and presence, the earlier events already beginning to be forgotten. He wasn't trying to pretend like they hadn't happened, because they had and there was nothing he could do about, but that was just it; what happened had happened, and it changed nothing save for what Joonmyun knew about the younger boy. He was still the same Jongin, just more revealed. 
 
As they walked Joonmyun could feel a slight worrying filtering into his conscience, but it ebbed away just as quickly as it came. He knew Jongin was worried about his surprise and whether he would like it or not. But Joonmyun would like it no matter what, because it had come from Jongin and was filled with meaning. 
 
When they came to a stop outside a door that Joonmyun hadn't seen before he gave the boy a curious glance before returning the smile. The door was pulled open and the elder stepped inside, his breath leaving him almost instantly as he took in the room and the setting. It was beautifully decorated, whether that be how it always was or if it was special for this occasion, and Joonmyun felt special knowing that Jongin wanted to share this with him. 
 
"It's beautiful, Jongin," he whispered, hand reaching out for the boy he knew was right beside him; after a moment Joonmyun turned to him, stepping closer before leaning in and pressing a light kiss to his lips. "Why are you always so perfect?"

 

Jongin waited, standing at the door as he let Joonmyun enter the room and take a proper look at things before he stepped in behind him and closed the door, making sure to lock it this time so they could spend the evening alone and uninterrupted. He smiled when he heard Joonmyun's words, and instinctively reached out, hand resting on his hip as he leaned into the kiss. He didn't let it draw out, wanting to focus more on the surprise he'd made than the fact he could kiss Joonmyun all night, and pulled back after a moment.
 
"Say that /after/ you've tried it, all right?" he laughed softly, leading Joonmyun over to the nicely furnished table and the multiple small plates that covered it. He hadn't made one big meal each, but rather - with Sunny's help - he'd made an array of foods, ranging from fruits to different meats and rice dishes, small enough that there would be little waste but enough that they wouldn't go hungry.
 
He let go of the elder's hand to pull out one of the seats, cheeks flushed red as he watched Joonmyun carefully. "So, uhm... have a seat... and....I dunno..." his voice trailed off, and he cleared it slightly before he chuckled and bent down to press a kiss against the elder's neck. 
 
As he did so, he reached over and started taking lids off, revealing a bowl of fruit salad, several types of rice dishes with chicken, pork and beef, and a small bowl of salad vegetables. 
 
"I...uhm... hope you like it?" he murmured as he sat down carefully beside the elder.

 

A quiet chuckle bubbled up from Joonmyun chest and he nodded to Jongin before being led over to the table. He couldn't help but smile at the awkward nervousness that radiated from the boy, and he found it quite endearing; obviously these kinds of things weren't him, but he'd tried and Joonmyun was quite impressed. 
 
Once Jongin had taken a seat Joonmyun leaned over and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "Stop being so worried," he murmured against the boy's skin. "Everything looks amazing." 
 
Joonmyun pulled back and glanced at the dishes before reaching for one of the small bowls of fruit. He knew he should have eaten something else, meat perhaps, because he needed it but fruit was what he wanted; besides, it wasn't likely to fill him up as fast, and so he'd be able to eat more that way. 

 

Jongin flushed a little at the kiss, turning into every bit the awkward, embarrassed teenager, and he shifted in his seat a little before reaching for one of the bowls of salad and then popped a cherry tomato into his mouth to stop from saying some stupid comment about how  Joonmyun was only really saying that because they were mates and he loved him and he was obliged to say stuff like that to make Jongin feel better after he hurt himself. 
 
Instead, he smiled awkwardly, finishing the tomato before he reached for a piece of fried chicken. "...As unheatlhy as this is... it tastes /really/ good," he murmured after chewing and swallowing a bite. "It's using my mother's old recipe; I didn't make them as good as her's... but Sunny helped me get pretty close..."
 
As he ate, he watched the elder male carefully, smiling as he picked the fruit - he' ddone fruit as well because he knew the elder loved fruit, and hoped he'd gotten the right sorts. When he'd finished the chicken, he reached for one of the glasses of cold iced tea, sipping at it carefully before he sat back and reached for a fork.
 
"Taste okay?"