The Change

The Howling - Part V: Restless

 

Jongin's fingers hooked into the band of Joonmyun's jeans, drawing him closer as his lips parted and pushed against the elder's soft mouth. The fingers tangled through his hair tightened, nails lightly scraping over Joonmyun's scalp as their kiss sent burning tendrils shooting down the length of Jongin's spine and up into his heart. If this was what it would be like every day, every time they touched like this, because of the mate bond that was linking them on a level that was more than just physical, more than just emotional... then hell, Jongin didn't want it to stop. 
 
He felt like he was sinking, floating away on everything that Joonmyun possessed; everything he wasn't. His fingers slowly untangled from the elder's hair, palm and fingertips caressing down a warm, soft neck, teasing beneath the collar of his shirt before it fell to his waist. For just a moment he was ready to ignore the burn in his lungs, the dizziness in his head, to enjoy the burning desire he could taste on Joonmyun's lips. 
 
It wasn't to be, and a few moments later - an eternity to Jongin - Joonmyun broke the kiss. Jongin took the moment to breathe in, a dangerous pastime when he tasted the desire that was soaking through Joonmyun's scent. A soft whine left him, and he buried his face into the elder's hair when he ducked down against his chest, arms tightening around his shoulders to hold him close. the Alpha, being proper... not being able to be wth Joonmyun because he was afraid of what the Alpha would do. He couldn't /not/ be with him after this... if anything, that kiss proved what he knew... that he and Joonmyun couldn't escape, couldn't fight this bond.
 
It was the elder's words that made him tense, and he fisted his hands into the elder's shirt before he slowly pulled away, his eyes meeting the elder's as he watched him carefully. "You know what you're asking, right? He hasn't been let out in weeks... months..."
 
Jongin breathed out slowly and pulled back, moving to drop down into one of the chairs as he looked up at Joonmyun. He sat there in silence for a long time, fingers curling into themselves, head bowed, before he sighed and nodded slowly, shoulders tense as he loooked up.
 
"...All right. I'll let the Change happen tomorrow night. But... you better be ready to accept the consequences..."

 

The moment the words had slipped from his mouth Joonmyun knew he'd gone too far, asked for something he knew that he probably couldn't handle. He'd overstepped his boundaries into the unknown, and he was afraid of what would come, but it was only human nature. Though, as much as he knew that asking had been a bad idea, he wouldn't change his decision to ask; he was at risk just by being here with Jongin, but he knew that when it came down to it, the boy -- both sides of him -- would do anything to protect what was rightfully theirs. 
 
In those few minutes where Joonmyun stood alone, Jongin having moved back to his chair, he felt empty, alone, and he fidgeted madly, unable to keep still as the fire continued to smolder beneath his skin. He had the desire to be closer to Jongin, and it was stronger now than it had been only a few moments ago, before they'd kissed... before he'd kissed Jongin. 
 
Jongin's words of agreement had Joonmyun glancing up -- when did his lower his head? -- and staring at the boy for a long moment. He wasn't sure whether to smile or nod or what the appropriate reaction was he'd gotten what he wanted, but it didn't feel as good as he thought it might. Eventually, the elder gave up questioning a reaction and did the first thing that came to mind. 
 
Joonmyun closed the distance between them and settled in the younger male's lap, leaning in and pressing a lingering kiss -- just long enough to sate his desire without getting too caught up -- to Jongin's lips. "Thank you, Jongin. I trust you so much.... but I need to know that I can trust Kai, too." And if gaining that trust came with consequences, then Joonmyun would be ready to take them all fully and willingly. 

 

As soon as he said yes, as soon as he agreed to let Kai out for the full moon, he felt... free. Kai no longer dug into him, pressing him to release him. Instead, the wolf pulled back, saving his energy for the moment he'd be allowed out. Breathing out softly, Jongin couldn't help but smile when Joonmyun sat down in his lap. Almost immediately an arm slid around the boy's waist to hold him secure, fingers drifting across the small of the elder's back.
 
"Kai... will be more careful around you," Jongin whispered against the elder's lips as he was given another wonderful kiss. He almost held on to it, wanting to drink in the elder once more, wanting to float and drown and sink into everything that was Kim Joonmyun. "Because we're... mates... he'll recognise that, and he'll be gentle, as gentle as a wolf can be. But..."
 
But he's a wolf - with Alpha in his blood - that hasn't been allowed to run free for months. He was bound to have pent up energy, bound to be just a little unruly. He knew that Kai wouldn't hurt Joonmyun, not ever, but Joonmyun had to know he as going to be a little... restless at first.
 
He shook his head, fingers gently brushing up and down Joonmyun's spine as he tilted his head up and pressed a soft, lingering kiss to the crook of the elder's neck, tongue darting out just once to taste the pale flesh before he pulled away and blushed.
 
"S-Sorry..."

 

Joonmyun understood what Jongin had said and even what he hadn't, understood that Kai might be a bit uncontrollable tomorrow night, but because they were mate he wouldn't hurt the elder. Along with this understanding came the knowledge of the risks, ones he'd known even before coming back, and if he were truly afraid of them then he wouldn't have returned. No, he came back ready to accept Jongin fully, flaws and risks and dangers included. 
 
Also in that list of acceptances was the fact that Joonmyun needed to be close to Jongin, needed to feel him next to him, much like now. Though, the elder couldn't help that his breath hitched in his throat at the boy's touch, and then that same breath escaped as a soft whine at the feeling of Jongin's lips against his neck. It was an odd feeling, and yet so electrifying that Joonmyun was afraid to move. 
 
But then it was gone, the feeling leaving him and he wanted to protest, but then he told himself that he needed to keep control of his emotions. Even though it would become increasingly difficult, it was something that he needed to do now, lest he put him in a situation that he wasn't ready for. 
 
"Don't apologize, Jongin," Joonmyun murmured as he brought his hand up to brush across the younger male's cheek. "If you were really sorry, you wouldn't have done it in the first place." The elder didn't mind that Jongin had kissed his neck; truthfully, he wanted it again, but he couldn't without giving himself over completely, because every part of him was fighting for dominance in himself and he wasn't sure which was more likely to win.  At this moment, it seemed as though desire had the upper hand. 

 

Although he'd apologised, there was no real way that Jongin was actually sorry for what he'd done. He was intoxicated - if it were even possible to get drunk off another person, and if tht were the case then Jongin was indeed drunk off Joonmyun - and he didn't mind, but he had to keep control of himself or he'd end up somewhere that he knew Joonmyun didn't want to go to... not just yet.
 
He wanted the elder to be his in every way possible, but he held back, smiling gently as he closed his eyes and buried his face once more into the elder's neck. After the scare with Yoochun, things would be rocky, and he had to hope that things would take their natural course. He'd already waited years to find his mate, he could wait a few more weeks for Joonmyun to open to him completely.
 
For a long time, he was content to sit there, arms looped around Joonmyun's waist, face buried into his skin, but then... beneath the comfort and desire that rolled off Joonmyun's body and fried every one of Jongin's senses, the wolf caught the unmistakable scent of his father.
 
The Alpha.
 
.
 
Pulling back a little too fast, Jongin looked from Joonmyun to the entrance of the maze, the only place the Alpha could enter from. In the distance he heard the soft rustle of footsteps, barely audible above the music playing. Frowning a little, he carefully eased Joonmyun off his lap and straightened, holding the boy close to him.
 
"...We need to go back inside..." 
 
Before the Alpha found them, and decided to have his own fun with Joonmyun.

 

How long they sat there Joonmyun wasn't sure; Joonmyun didn't care, because it was just them and he was content with it being like this for as long as possible. If it weren't getting so damn cold, he would have stayed out in the garden with Jongin for the entire night, but with the full-moon so close, he wouldn't dare suggest such a thing. Maybe in a week or so, after things got back to normal and when the weather was likely to be warmer, then he would mention something. But not now. 
 
After some time, there was a shift in the way Jongin felt against him, a change in the energy that flowed from every pore, and Joonmyun didn't like the unpleasant way it settled in his stomach. He didn't like that feeling one bit; it made him feel open, vulnerable, unsafe, like those few times where he'd been trapped with-- 
 
Joonmyun whined as he was eased back to his feet, leaning into Jongin for protection as he nodded. He might not have had the boy's senses, but they were bonded and so he could feel what the other felt, and he knew through that that being here in the garden was no longer as safe as it had been. 
 
"Jongin..." he whimpered, the plead for protection going unsaid but hopefully not unnoticed. He clung to the boy like a life-line, knowing that leaving him now would only end in bad things, and he wasn't about to go through that again.