Drowning

The Howling - Part V: Restless

 

He relaxed a little more when Joonmyun's tears finally ceased, and he smiled gently as he tugged lightly on his sleeve and dabbed at the last tears staining his cheeks. "You're sort of adorable when you cry, hyung," he teased, hoping to bring a smile back to the beautiful male's features. He watched him carefully, his free hand sliding down the length of Joonmyun's spine to rest against his hip.
 
And then he was encompassed by indescribable warmth again. His mouth parted willingly against Joonmyun's, eyes fluttering closed and his hand cupping Joonmyun's cheek and jaw and throat as he leaned into the kiss. He cared not for the others in the room, nothing was more important than the person in his arms. Those arms tightened, and he held Joonmyun to his chest as he let himself fall into what the elder offered, what the mate bond had brought to them and now tethered them to each other.
 
Finally, when he needed to breathe, he pulled away, panting softly against the boy's lips before he pressed another kiss to the elder's beautiful, soft lips. This one lasted for less time, but was no less warm and comforting.
 
"...We... should g-go back to our room," he breathed when he broke their second kiss, the pad of his thumb smoothing along Joonmyun's lower lip. "Before we wake Taemin up... and we both need our sleep before tomorrow..."

 

Drowning, that's what Joonmyun was doing. He was slowly but surely drowning in everything that Jongin was, the way he looked at him, held him, kissed him. Not a single care was given, either, because the pleasantness of it was so overwhelming that he didn't want to let go. Ever. Even when his lungs were screaming for air, begging for the relief of even a single breath. 
 
Jongin finally pulled away, giving Joonmyun that moment he needed, but only that moment before that spark of warmth was back upon his lips and he was drowning all over again. It didn't last nearly as long this time, but it had the same effect, leaving the elder thoughtless and breathless and scrambling to restart his brain. 
 
What he managed to get back at the moment was weak, and he only managed a soft hum and a slight nod in reply. Joonmyun knew that they should leave the room to give Taemin quiet while he slept, to give themselves the privacy they probably needed. Though, to be honest, he didn't care where he was, so long as Jongin was there with him; so long at he had him, then he would be okay. 

 

Jongin's fingers dipped lower on Joonmyun's hips as he helped the elder male to his feet, not wanting to lose contact for even a moment. He was silent as they stood there, his eyes dark and almost unreadable, unshed tears pricking near painful in the corners of his eyes as he watched Joonmyun, unable to stop himself from smiling as he lifted one hand and used his sleeve to brush away the last errant tears slipping down the elder's cheeks. 
 
"You're so beautiful... even more so when you cry, but I like it more when you smile," he breathed, almost prepared to lose himself in the elder's warm smile and the comfort he can feel emanating off the elder male's body. Instead, he hummed softly and carefully pulled away from Joonmyun so he could wrap his arm around the elder's shoulder and hold him close.
 
He looked back to Jaejoong and Yunho, who were talking amongst themselves in hushed tones, and chuckled softly. "Thanks, hyungs... For tonight; for taking care of Joonmyun. I... we've decided that I'm going to accept the Change tomorrow." We because it was as much Joonmyun's decision as it was his, and it was a decision Jongin had sorely wanted Joonmyun to make for him. "So... I'll... Kai will look after Joonmyun tomorrow, and the following days until the full moon passes."
 
Yunho nodded and smiled before he nudged Jaejoong over to the couch when his mate yawned. "Go on; go get some rest. Changmin will keep an eye on things.."
 
Jongin nodded carefully, fingers lightly brushing up and down Joonmyun's shoulder as he led the boy towards the door. All he really wanted to do right now was curl up in bed with Joonmyun safe and warm in his arms.

 

Joonmyun hummed softly as Jongin helped him to his feet, almost wanting to cry again with the way the boy looked at him, the gentle way he wiped his tears, the soft words of endearment that passed his lips before he was being pulled close. The heat that radiated from the younger male's touch alone was still enough to warm his core and bring a slight blush to his cheeks. 
 
That same blush deepend as he looked up to Jaejoong and Yunho and realized that they'd likely been watching them the whole time; Joonmyun and Jongin hadn't exactly made an attempt to not be obvious or decent. The elder was quiet, though, as he leaned into the younger male and listened to him as he spoke. At the 'we', Joonmyun glanced up at Jongin, briefly confused before realizing that it was his decision, too; because of him, Jongin was no longer alone in his decisions. 
 
After giving Yunho a nod in reply, a sort of bidding goodnight, Joonmyun allowed Jongin to lead him out of the room. With the privacy that the hall offered, the elder lifted his arms to wrap around the younger male's torso, tilting his head to rest against the boys shoulder as he walked back to their room. 

 

The trip back to his bedroom was quiet, Jongin was preferencial to the way the elder fitted into his arms and exactly how good he felt against him to the notion of talking and ruining the moment. Once they were back in their room, he closed the door carefully behind him and bolted it shut, before he hummed and nuzzled into Joonmyun's hair. 
 
"Do you want to wash up before bed? I should probably brush my teeth... but I kind of just want to sleep..." as if he needed to, he yawned at the end of his sentence and let his arm slip from around Joonmyun's shoulder so he could start ing his dress shirt. 
 
He folded the material in half before resting it on the top of his dresser as he started searching for something to wear to bed. A few moments later he was tugging a tank top on over his head and digging a pair of sweats out of one of the other drawers before he turned back to the elder male with a sheepish, almost shy smile.
 
"Do you need anything to sleep in? Or did you bring something with you?"

 

Back in the bedroom, Joonmyun only gave Jongin a soft hum in reply as he lingered in the boy's embrace, quite content with the warmth and comfort that he offered, and all he wanted to do was curl up in bed with him. But the younger boy pulled away, and Joonmyun realized that wearing jeans and a dress shirt to bed was the most ideal thing. 
 
As Jongin moved around the room, Joonmyun followed, doing as he did when he did. When questioned about whether he needed sweats or not, he paused and pondered the question before shaking his head. "Honestly, I think I'd die of heat if I wore sweats." Especially tonight, while Jongin was feverish and Joonmyun knew that he wouldn't be able to stay away. 
 
Joonmyun shed any sense of decency he held around Jongin, much like he did his jeans before tossing them in the hamper, and walked calmly over to the bed in nothing but a tanks top and boxers. He wanted to sleep in Jongin's arms tonight -- and every other night that followed -- but he wasn't about to sweat to death to make that happen. Besides, he was pretty sure that Jongin wouldn't complain.