Unwanted Interruptions

The Howling - Part V: Restless

 

In the moments before Jongin stirred, Joonmyun quickly took in his sleeping form, the way the lines on his face softened and made him look so much younger. It was here, in these moments they shared that the elder saw a side of the younger male that no one else could see; it was these moments that he treasured and held close to his heart. 
 
A small smile tugged at Joonmyun's lips as he watched the boy awaken. "I slept well enough," he replied quietly. When Jongin sat up, the elder rolled onto his back and stretched his arms out above his head, quite content with staying in bed until something required him to be up and decent -- that he was fairly sure that it wasn't likely he'd be needed. 
 
At the mention of the bruise Joonmyun merely blinked, confused, before Jongin's hand trailed over the sensitive patch of skin and he flinched away. "Don't apologise, okay? I kinda like the feeling of being marked by you."

 

Jongin flushed again and nodded, but leaned down and pressed a faint kiss against the bruise in hopes of soothing the elder's pain before he trailed his lips up and met the elder's in a soft kiss. "I love you," he murmured against his lips, the fingers of one hand brushing through Joonmyun's hair as he kissed him.
 
He let the embrace linger for a few moments before pulling back, his nose wrinkling as he glanced over his shoulder towards the table beside their bed. There was a tray with two plates of food and a jug of iced tea. Sunny... Pursing his lips, he turned back to Joonmyun as he ran his fingers through his hair. "Sunny was in our room?"
 
While he waited for an answer, he pushed the covers back and, ignoring their ness, climbed out of bed and picked up the tray. He eyed both plates carefully before sitting it on the bed beside Joonmyun, so the elder didn't have to move, and held the jug of iced tea as he sat back down so it didn't spill.
 
"Last night... I didn't really expect it to..." he trailed off, cheeks flushed before he gave Joonmyun one of those semi serious, semi playful grins. "It /was/ sort of amazing. You... are sort of amazing. Not just sort of. Totally. Unbelievably."
 
Jongin stopped when he realized he was rambling in broken sentences, and smiled before reaching for a piece of bacon, chewing at one end slowly as he watched Joonmyun.

 

A murmured 'I love you' escaped Joonmyun's lips as he tilted his head to give Jongin a bit more access to his neck, the skin surrounding it raising with gooseberries before the younger's lips were upon his. It had only been a week or so since their first kiss, but already Joonmyun felt more need for them than for air; that alone should have worried him, but he wasn't all that concerned. 
 
His gaze didn't leave the younger male when he pulled away, and Joonmyun couldn't help but smile at Jongin's reaction to the food and the realization that Sunny had been in here. "She only dropped off breakfast; she wasn't here very long." Though, she knew; Joonmyun saw that much in the way she'd looked at him. But it wasn't like he cared, because they'd all know eventually. 
 
Joonmyun didn't move as Jongin did, settling for staying where he was as he watched the younger male get up and bring the tray over to the bed. He listened quietly, a small smile pulling across his lips at the boy's broken words. Sitting up -- and keeping the covers secured around his waist -- he slid over to the boy before leaning over and pressing a kiss to his cheek. 
 
"It was absolutely perfect and mindblowing in every way," Joonmyun said in reply, resting his chin on Jongin's shoulder and pressing his nose into the side of his face. Even though the bond wasn't pulling as strongly this morning, just as the elder had expected, he didn't want to leave Jonging's side, and hopefully he wouldn't half to if he didn't want to. 

 

Jongin grinned a little, swallowing what was in his mouth before he leaned in and Joonmyun's lower lip. "I love you too," he cooed, pulling back before their lips actually touched. As he sat back, he was silent for a long moment as he just observed Joonmyun, eyes taking in his hair, his eyes, his lips and everything else that jongin loved so dearly about him. Joonmyun was perfect, even with his imperfections, even with everything that made him human. He was perfect because he was human.
 
And that was such a cliche line.
 
Humming, Jongin looked away so he could look at his food, before he heard Joonmyun's voice and felt him rest against his shoulder. ALmost at once, his cheeks flushed red, and he couldn't stop the smile that met his lips. "Is that so?" he murmured softly, leaning into the elder's chest as he breathed in his warm and sweet scent. "I'm glad. That... that it was you, Joonmyun. And not someone else."
 
He looked up at that, his fingers brushing along Joonmyun's cheek as he offered him a lopsided smile, before he leaned in to kiss him softly. "You should eat  breakfast before Sunny comes back demanding our clean plates..."

 

Despite what they had done last night -- and the fact that it should have made things better -- Joonmyun couldn't deny the slight hum that coursed through his body as he leaned against Jongin. It wasn't as strong and demanding as it had been before but it was there nonetheless, tickling at the back of his mind, letting its presence be known; he knew he'd be able to ignore it for now, but eventually it would come back and they'd have to go through this all over again -- not that he'd complain. 
 
At the mention of food, Joonmyun let out a soft whine and fell back against the mattress before curling up under the covers and into the pillow. "Not hungry," he murmured, peeking up at Jongin and giving him a sheepish smile. It was true; he wasn't all that hungry. Even though he'd talked with Sunny about his portions for meals she still insisted on giving him more than he needed, claiming that he was still too thin for his own good. Joonmyun didn't care that she was probably right, because it was still too much. 
 
"You eat," he spoke again, rolling onto his back and putting his hands behind his head. "I'll just watch you." Because you're beautiful and perfect andgodIloveyou. Joonmyun wasn't sure that last part was said or not, but it didn't matter either way, and he relaxed against the pillows as he watched the younger boy. 

 

Jongin hummed in response, making quick work of the food he'd been given - hashbrowns, sausages, fried mushrooms and a bowl of rice, just because Sunny liked reverting to traditional food every so often - and sat the plate down beside Joonmyun's untouched one. Letting the food settle for a few minutes, he chose to nuzzle back down beside Joonmyun, fingers brushing down his collar and across his chest before slipping around his waist. 
 
"You're so beautiful," he mumbled, lips brushing across another of the small kiss marks he'd dotted across Joonmyun's shoulders the night before. "You smell amazing, too."
 
He lingered for a few minutes, just laying close to Joonmyun, enjoying the warmth and the fuzzy delight that came from being so clse, before he sat up and reached for his jeans that had magically found their way to the floor just beside the bed during the night. 
 
"I'll go take the plates back to the kitchen... I won't be too long," he glanced back at Joonmyun as he tugged his jeans up and zipped them up, before he reached for the tray. 
 
After offering the elder one more affectionate smile, he wandered over to the door and then stepped out into the hall, awkwardly pulling the door shut behind him.

 

Joonmyun was quiet as he watched Jongin, only moving to sneak a sausage link and piece of bacon before settling once again. When the younger curled up beside him, he nuzzled into his chest and enjoyed the warmth of him being so close, the scent of having Jongin right next to him. And at Jongin's words, he pulled back and gave the boy a playful look.
 
"I smell of sweat and se-- stuff...." Joonmyun blushed as he corrected himself, knowing full well that Jongin didn't care what he smelled like because he would always think he smelled nice. However, the elder knew he needed a shower, but he was feeling too lethargic this morning to care, and it wasn't like he had anything important going on.
 
When Jongin moved, Joonmyun let out a soft whine but he didn't complain as he watched the younger slip back into his jeans. He gave a slight nod to his words before curling up against the mattress, falling back into a doze just as Jongin closed the door. But he didn't stay in that state for long, opting for a quick rinse so that he at least looked somewhat presentable should anyone decide to visit. 
 
After drying off and throwing on clean boxers and jeans -- no shirt, because the boxers and jeans alone were annoying -- he stripped the bed and tossed all the dirty laundry into the hamper in the corner before moving to remake the bed. Part way through an odd feeling came over him, unsettling his stomach slightly, but he passed it off as being hungry since he had skipped breakfast. It would go away later, when Sunny was likely to force lunch down his throat. 
 
For now, it wasn't anything to worry about; at least, he hoped so.

 

Jongin made his way down to the kitchen slowly, already starting to feel the pull of the bond as he drew further away from the bedroom. Pursing his lips, he shook his head a little, trying to ignore the uneasiness that was settling in his stomahc. It was probably just from eating too fast. Turning carefully, he nudged the kitchen door open with his hip and gave Sunny a smile while carefully avoiding the knowing look she threw his way.
 
"So... You finally did it, huh?" she teased, giggling when he blushed bright pink as he placed the tray down on the bench. "Finally became a /man/?"
 
Jongin mumbled something at her and sat down at the counter, watching as she took the plates and proceeded to make a fuss over joonmyun's uneaten food.
 
--
 
Byunghun pursed his lips as he stepped into the room, the scent of and sweat mingled with the familiar aroma of Jongin and his little human pet. He cast his gaze around the room for a long moment before it came to rest on the boy making the bed. The boy who had yet to notice his presence.
 
"So...I heard the two of you had quite an interesting night..." he murmured, voice low and soft as he closed the door behind him slowly and leaned against it. He wasn't going to hurt Joonmyun... Not now, anyway.