Redecorating

The Howling - Part V: Restless

 

A week passed without incident, but there's wasn't much room for anything to happen, not with Jongin so close; he practically clung to Joonmyun like glue, but the elder wouldn't complain. The younger male's presence was comforting amidst Joonmyun's still lingering fear of the alpha; 'we'll talk again... soon,' he'd said and those words continued to echo through the boy's mind. 
 
He was quite easy to soothe, however. A quick kiss from Jongin was the quickest way to calm Joonmyun's fears when the younger male pleaded to be in a different place -- Joonmyun wasn't stupid and he always knew why Jongin wanted to move. A kiss, though, was usually the only thing he could do, given that they were always with Taemin or the boys or Sunny, and anything more was likely to get them bannished from group activities for a period of time. Joonmyun wouldn't have complained though, because alone time with Jongin meant he could kiss and touch all he wanted and no one was there to care that every last sense of his dignity disappeared. 
 
There was one occasion in which they gave themselves over to the bond once more, completely losing themselves in each other. had never been something that interested Joonmyun when it came to relationships, but it was hard to deny when there was such a strong pull between them, and going too long without had its fair share of consequences and side-effects. And Joonmyun really wasn't going to complain with how good Jongin made him feel. 
 
The next afternoon, after sleeping most of the morning away, Joonmyun found himself pacing the bedroom, clad in nothing but his boxers -- because he didn't care for actual clothes at the moment -- staring at the dark walls of the bedroom. He was only vaguely aware of Jongin's returned presence -- he'd forgotten why the boy had left in the first place -- and only really paid attention when he was spoken to. 
 
"Thinking about redecorating," he mused, staring at the wall opposite him, the wall that the bed sat against. This room needs more color, more..... more." Joonmyun had nothing against the dark colors of the room, but there was a definite lack of character, almost as if this room were nothing more than a guest room. 

 

Jongin yawned briefly, scratching his bare stomach absentmindedly before he rolled over onto his stomach and perched up on his elbows to watch Joonmyun with a look of amusement and curiosity in his eyes. "...You aren't paying attention to me. It's amazing. Finally found smething that's more interesting than I am. Actually, it hurts a little. Oh, I'm wounded..."
 
He made a mock choking noise, clapping one hand to his chest as he fell forward on the bed before a fit of giggles left him and he rolled over onto his back, head hanging over the edge of the bed so he could now watch Joonmyun upside down. He grinned at him playfully, fingers dragging through his hair before they too draped down. 
 
Like Joonmyun, he was shirtless, but unlike the elder, he was wearing a pair of jeans. He'd been in the kitchens, working through part of his surprise dinner and dessert for Joonmyun, and had just finished the last touches for his surprise, and had come back to find the elder pacing and staring at his walls.
 
"I guess... it could use a bit of... personality. But I don't really have any personal items. We could... actually... paint the walls with brighter colors, if you'd like?" he shrugged awkwardly, kicking his legs lightly on the bed before he rolled off and stood up, closing the gap between them so he could wrap his arms around Joonmyun from behind and press against him. 
 
He pressed a soft kiss into Joonmyun's shoulder, humming against the skin as he held him gently. "Brighter walls would be nice in here... It's too dark. And we've got heaps of paint in the storage cupboards..."

 

Joonmyun was only half paying attention to Jongin and his act -- which he heard and saw enough of to  chuckle and give a small smile; his mind was more focused on the room and the potential it possessed. After a few long minutes, he came to the conclusion that a rich cream color would be suiting, with splashes of deep reds in different decor and a bit of black, perhaps a couch in the corner. 
 
His musing were interrupted when a pair of arms slipped around his waist and a warmth was pressing against his back. Joonmyun's thoughts were pushed aside and he leaned into Jongin, closing his eyes with a soft hum as the boy held him. 
 
"Brighter walls," he said quietly, tilting his head back and up to look at Jongin, offering a soft smile. "Maybe we can look tomorrow, because I don't feel like getting dressed right now." Joonmyun would get dressed if he had to, but lately clothes just seemed like a nuisance and he often kept it to a minimum. When he could, that is, because the others weren't likely to appreciate him if he wandered around in his boxers at all hours. 
 
With another hum, Joonmyun turned in Jongin's arms, hands going up to loop around the boy's neck before he pulled him down for a kiss. He lingered for a while, allowing the bond to calm and soothe him -- even though there was nothing to calm or soothe -- but not allowing it to drag him down. 

 

"This is nice, I like this..." he murmured softly, his fingers slowly tracing small circles into the elder's stomach and sides as he leaned back into him. Jongin's chin rested on Joonmyun's shoulder, and he smiled to himself as he stared at the wall. "Deciding on how our room should look, and decorating... and stuff. Stuff is good. I like stuff."
 
He grinned again, unable to stop the playfulness, and happily let the elder turn in his arms, meeting him almost instantly for the kiss that he was pressing against his mouth. For just a moment Jongin let himself go, fingers curling into the elder's hips and lips parting to devour Joonmyun's mouth, and he remained that way until he was calm and felt a whole lot happier. At which time he pulled away, chuckling breathlessly as he nipped at Joonmyun's lower lip.
 
"You're sounding more and more like one of us every day... Choosing to go around in as little clothes as possible. Trust me, most of us walk around half if we can get away with it. And when you see Yunho, Jaejoong and Changmin in boxers... nothing scars you..."

 

"It's mostly just around you," he said, a smile beginning to form on his lips as lowered his arms to wrap around the boy's waist. "It makes... certain /things/... easier." Joonmyun's smile turned into a full smirk as he looked up at Jongin for a long moment before leaning in to kiss him once more. "Besides, I know you have nothing to complain about." 
 
Joonmyun wasn't going to complain. He didn't expect the others to change their habits just because he lived here now; they shouldn't have to give up their comfort for him. There was also the fact that he didn't mind watching Jongin walk around shirtless. For one his age, someone who had been couped up in his room for so long over who knows how many years, he had a nice build and well sculpted muscles. No, Joonmyun didn't mind one bit. 
 
After another kiss, the elder pulled back and fixed Jongin with a smile, and he was about to pull away completely when he realized that he'd forgotten what he'd wanted to do. HIs smile turned into a play scowl before he spoke. "Yah~ You made me forget what I was going to do." 

 

Jongin hummed happily into the kiss, fingers tangling into Joonmyun's hair and hips bumping with the elder's, before he pulled away and pressed a soft kiss to the tip of his nose. "I know you've nothing to complain about either..." 
 
And it was true, Jongin would never complain about Joonmyun walking around half . He was beautiful, and he loved the sight of the elder's pale, usually markless skin. Usually because sometimes Jongin liked to be a bastard and press kiss marks all across the elder's shoulders and chest when they were lying in bed together. 
 
When Joonmyun pulled away completely, he blinked and then chuckled. "What you were doing? Uh... Weren't you thinking about decorating the walls? I'm sorry if I'm so stunning that I make you forget everythin but how to breathe... I'll try and tone myself down a bit."

 

Joonmyun scoffed and shook his head at the younger boy before playfully flicked his forehead. "You've got such an ego sometimes, Kim Jongin." He knew the boy was only playing around, trying to add a comedic touch to their otherwise dramatic life; he wasn't complaining though, because more often than not it made him smile, just like now. "I still like you, though." 
 
After playfully nipping at Jongin's lower lip, Joonmyun pulled away and offered him a smile as he shuffled over to the dresser and pulled out a pair of jeans -- might as well get dressed at some point, yes? Yes. Once he'd slipped into them -- literally slipped, because he was still too thin to properly fit into anything that had fit in the past -- he went over to the beside table and pulled out a pad of paper and a pen. 
 
"Okay... so..." He said and started by drawing a line down the middle of the page, one side for things to do, the other a shopping list; though, he was doubting he'd need much, because he'd already talked to Sunny about his plans and she'd agreed to give him what he needed. All he could do was hope that Jongin would like it, even if only a little. "Paint in cream, red, black... and I think accenting things in gold would be a nice--" 
 
Joonmyun paused mid-sentence and slapped his hand against his forehead. He had sounded so much like Baekhyun at that moment, and he couldn't believe he'd actually said what he did. "Sorry...." Joonmyun mumbled, giving Jongin a sheepish look before going back to taking notes. "I'll just... do this quietly."

 

Jongin made a 'Oh, I'm wounded' look, clutching his hand to his chest as he staggered before he chuckled and slung an arm around Joonmyun's waist to pull him back close. "Well, I'm /very/ glad that you still like me. I'd be ever so upset if you didn't..."
 
When Joonmyun pulled away to change into a pair of jeans, Jongin returned to his seat on the edge of the bed, fingers dancing aross the covers before he chuckled and shook his head. "You're too skinny, babe... Even I can see that..."
 
he pursed his lips a little, head tipped to one side as he watched the elder male. He knew Joonmyun didn't eat alot, and it worried him a little.. because Joonmyun was skinny and well, everything worried him at the moment. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he shifted and rolled over onto his stomach to rest his chin on his hands as he watched the elder. 
 
"Paint... cream, red, black..." he echoed as Joonmyun spoke, a smile quirking his lips at the way Joonmyun spoke out loud. "That's incredibly cute. Keep going. I don't mind. Your voice is beautiful... You said you used to sing, right? You should sing for me some time..."