The Call

Remember Us?

Thank you to my next subscriber: SHINeejjang! Every one counts!!

*A/N: Every chapter is in Ilhoon or Sohyun's POV, for instance the last one was in Ilhoon's so this one will be in Sohyun's and so on. Since both of them are reflecting on their sides of the relationship I thought this would be a good idea. ENJOY!*

 

~~~~

 

October 5, 2012

That night was, surprisingly cheerful. I mean at first I never wanted to leave my room but my Unnies made me. I was getting over my ex, Lee Kikwang, who had cheated on me about a couple days ago. I can’t believe I gave my number to that Ilhoon guy, I don’t know, he just was fun to be around and I need some fun now that Kikwang and I are over. But he seems like a player, Kikwang was a player, and I’ve had enough of those types of guys. At least I thought I did but Ilhoon was different, maybe because he was younger than me. He was really cute too; I guess I just like those bad boy type guys. The way he styled his hair to the right was cool (curly in the front), his eyes were narrow with a little gleam in both of them, and his smile was captivating. His face alone drew me in easily. Ilhoon was also sweet, funny, and he was flirty which did lift me up…I had to talk to this guy again!

I stared at my phone the minute I woke up, hoping he would call or text. Eventually, Hyuna Unnie had to come and get me out of bed so I would eat breakfast. We jogged down the wooden staircase and I could see the Unnies had made breakfast already. “What were you doing up there for so long?” Gayoon wondered as she pecked out her eggs and moved her black chest length hair out of the way. 

“Looking at her phone,” Hyuna jeered, smiling slightly with a gleam in her hazel eyes.   

“Oh right! Didn’t you spend all night with that cute guy at the bar?” Jiyoon wiggled her eyebrows and flipped back her short brown hair to the left.

“N-ne,” I warmed a little at the thought of Ilhoon again and his killer smile.

“So, you were waiting for him to contact you,” Jihyun sighed in realization and raked her dark brown strands across her nape and to the right.

“Ne, but I don’t think he’ll call,” I admitted, although I wanted him to.

“Why not?” Jihyun looked at me weirdly, like I was crazy.

“He seemed like a player sort of guy,” I mumbled. They should know that I don’t particularly like players anymore, but I still kind of do at the same moment.

“If you don’t like him I’ll take him,” Jiyoon smirked.

“ANI!”

Oh my God! I can’t believe I just screamed that out loud! I covered my mouth the moment it slipped but everyone of course heard it and started laughing. AIGOO! I was totally heating up more and more, acknowledging how red I must be. “I was kidding! Obviously you still like the guy, even if he is a player,” Jiyoon winked at me.

 “I’m hopeless,” I groaned and pushed my plate away so I could rest my head on the table. I want to get over Kikwang, not replace him with someone who’s just like him!

“Ani, maybe you can just play around. You don’t have to be in a committed relationship with him,” Gayoon added. Oh, right. Why did I expect to be dating him?

“Yeah he looks fun,” Jihyun laughed, being a little inappropriate which was a bit unusual. He could be fun, but I don’t have his number. I left early so it wouldn’t be awkward; I guess he’ll have to call me.

After breakfast I jumped onto the sunset orange couch and stared at my phone some more. I wanted him to call; I wanted to get all of these feelings out of me so I could move on from Kikwang. I couldn’t stop thinking about Ilhoon now, I know that I shouldn’t be in a relationship with him but I can’t help thinking what would happen if we did. Would he be caring and sweet or the same humorous energetic type? Would he actually care for me or would I just be his trophy to friends? Would we get along or fight all of the time? Can he look beneath the skin or just like me because I’m attractive to him? Would he just CALL ME ALREADY?!

“SOHYUN!” I thrashed on the couch, flailing my arms as I was startled in the middle of a nap I didn’t realize I had taken. The sun was setting a deep glow over the house and over Gayoon Unnie. She held my phone which was ringing from an unknown caller. Unknown caller… I hurriedly grabbed the phone, even struggling to flip it open because of my shaking fingers. I took a breath and pressed it against my ear.

“Annyeonghaseyo?” I responded in a small voice which I had not intended to use.

“When can I pick you up tomorrow?” He was straightforward! I could imagine his grin as he asked me; I was probably looking like a moron in front of Gayoon and Hyuna as well.

“Anytime, but you should probably know where to pick me up,” I added hearing a chuckle. It was kind of hot…

“Of course, can you be ready by two tomorrow?” he asked. Woah he’s actually asking me out…

“Ne,” I recited my address to him and heard scribbling of paper in the background which helped my nerves to know he wrote it.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then, my jagiya.” Omo…the way he said it was cute which was also different but the meaning was a bit much.

“See you tomorrow, Ilhoon ah,” I gently hung up but smiled widely.

“You guys are going out, I assume,” Hyuna grinned and I nodded. I laid back down on the couch and stared up at the ceiling when I realized something: if Ilhoon is a player, would he fall for one of my Unnies?