A Tour

Remember Us?

Alright, note that the whole time zone thing is pretty confusing so I might be off with the dates and hours of the next four or so chapters so I apologize in advance. And of course my thing for English is that it's in blue so make sure you see that! 

 

~~~~

 

December 21, 2012 

The flight was nice and calm, Ilhoon woke me up pretty quickly though; he was shaking me for like ten seconds before realizing I was actually awake! Even when we landed he grabbed our bags and raced through the crowd of people, eager to leave. The rest of us followed him through security, paying attention most of the time with his ranting on. I can’t really blame him; he’s the only one who hasn’t been out of the country before. I even I have been to Japan! As I listened to the conversation going on, I admit I couldn’t understand a lot of it! This is gonna be a difficult! I sighed as I walked through the aisles to get to Ilhoon, suddenly it became really cold. “Bwah! It’s so cold!” Junhyung exclaimed, rubbing his arms with his hands. Hara seemed fine with it, so did Ilhoon but Aron, Junhyung and I were freezing!

“Ani, it’s not that bad,” Ilhoon shrugged and shouldered some bags on. How is it not bad?!

“You’re crazy!” Aron shivered and pulled on a black jacket. Ilhoon tossed me his leather jacket which I hurriedly pulled on. You might think they’re not warm but Ilhoon’s body is like a toaster! I sighed comfortingly and followed Aron outside. AH! It’s even colder out here! I could see my breath as I huffed; Ilhoon was playing with it though, breathing histrionically.

“This is fun,” he smirked and looked around moving his lips as he read the English words. Aron looked around for a moment before approaching a bright yellow taxi.

“Excuse me, could you drive us up Mt. Baker?” he asked. The man grunted but nonetheless nodded and then he asked the same thing to another driver. Ilhoon, Aron and I were in one while Hara and Junhyung were in the other since Junhyung can speak English, just not as well as Aron.

“So why are you guys heading to Mt. Baker?” the driver asked. I tensed, I couldn’t answer questions!

“We’re on winter break; my friends can’t speak English so they can’t really say,” Aron shrugged. I don’t know exactly what he said but I relaxed knowing he answered.

“Ah, so where are you guys from then?” he wondered, looking in the rearview mirror.

“Seoul, South Korea. I was born in L.A before I moved there so my English is developed,” Aron shrugged, bumping Ilhoon a little. That was when I saw that Ilhoon fell asleep! He was so excited too! I nudged him a little and he jumped up.

“Ne? Ne?!” he shot up and I smiled at him.

 “Nothing, but we’re passing by some cities. We’re in Seattle now,” Aron pointed and Ilhoon looked out the window with a broad smile. Even if the skies were gray and cloudy you could still see the giant Space Needle and all of the enormous buildings. There was a lot of water around the roads; it made me a bit uneasy thinking we could fall in but Ilhoon and Aron seemed fine so I kept my cool.

“The Space Needle is cool,” Ilhoon sighed happily.

“Ne, I’m glad they didn’t paint it that galaxy orange,” Aron shivered, whatever "galaxy orange" was…

Junhyung and Hara’s taxi followed closely behind, it wasn’t long until Ilhoon fell asleep after seeing the cities he wanted to see. Then we all stayed quiet to let him rest since he was talking and energetic more than the rest of us. I like the way he sleeps, he smiles constantly. Whenever Ilhoon dreams his body reacts to it. You see that in shows and movies but he actually moves! I haven’t told him yet, it’s better to “guess” his dreams! It’s really cute; sometimes you can tell what he’s dreaming. Except now, he was only laying and smiling. The ride was long, so I hope he slept well. When we started going up the mountain (after passing a small town) Ilhoon woke up with a stretch and a smile to Aron and I. “Are we there?” he wondered and Aron looked out the window, smiling at a little snow on the ground.

“Almost, but we can walk from here. I won’t let you go all the way,” Aron told the driver who stopped and sighed of relief.

“Thanks,” he breathed and Aron paid the man. We all stepped out, seeing Junhyung and Hara also come out and we grabbed the bags.

“Is the walk long?” Hara asked Aron.

“Ani, only about ten minutes,” he shrugged and we started forward.

To me the walk took more than ten minutes! Maybe it was because I was so cold from the snow (even if there wasn’t much), or the talking, or the slow steps. But we made it, the cabin was nearly enclosed in a layer of trees, most of it was built off the mountain! The exterior was made of entirely dark wood, glass, and a little bit of metal. A garage with concrete floors was built next to the house with a roof over it to probably fit a couple four-wheelers. We walked right into the living room with a large stone fireplace that had a bull skull plastered above it (?), making me strip off some layers. There was also a gray suede couch with a bunch of same colored pillows on it; the carpet was also white, soft and comfortable. Oh my gosh a flat screen TV! A few beams and pillars were also made of wood, the wall that was next to the dining table (wood) was also wood and behind was the kitchen. The cathedral ceilings let in light and a great view over a lake; it could also be seen from the kitchen. It seemed like a majority of things were made of wood! I guess when trees are easily accessible then might as well use it right? “It’s so cool!” Ilhoon shouted and ran up the stairs with our bags. “Hurry up Junhyung!” he called and his brother raced after him. Hara, Aron, and I then looked around as Aron gave us a tour.

“Those two are probably battling for the master bedroom,” Aron muttered and we all walked up the stairs.

“It has a fireplace!” I heard Ilhoon say.

“Yeah! Why do you think I want it?!” Junhyung argued and I rolled my eyes. There weren’t many bedrooms on the first floor, only one! Junhyung and Ilhoon were in slightly bigger room, the master bed I think. Ilhoon was right; there was a fireplace in the bedroom along with a kind size bed, a sitting chair, an adjoining bathroom, and a breathtaking view of the lake! Of course the walls and beams were wood. I wanted the room really badly but, since Aron was here alone shouldn’t he get it?

“Ilhoonie, shouldn’t Aron get the room?” I asked him, cutting in between he and Junhyung’s argument. Aron looked at me, smiling a bit. Ilhoon moaned.

“But this room is awesome!” he hissed in a not so quiet voice.

“There are other rooms with kind sized beds,” Hara told her boyfriend who also pouted. Now I can see a family resemblance…

“Alright, you can have it Hyung,” Ilhoon finally decided after looking towards his true brother.

“Gamsahabnida, there are actually two other rooms with king sized beds on the second floor,” Aron pointed and the two bounded off with the bags once more. Aron, Hara, and I followed again.

On the second floor there were two other bedrooms, one had king sized bed and the other two had queen sized beds. Junhyung and Ilhoon gladly claimed different ones, putting away the things into the closets neatly. I sat down on one of the beds of the room Ilhoon got. The room actually had two beds, both on different sides of the room. The folding closet, one wall, the beams, and the entrance door were made of wood. The rest was plaster and light bulbs. I don’t really know why Ilhoon chose this room, it had two beds. We’ve slept with each other before, (don’t be dirty minded) was he getting tired of it? “Sohyunie, wanna come see the decks with me?” he asked, I looked up and saw he was waiting at the door. I nodded.

“Sure,” I walked over and he took me hand, leading me downstairs into the living room and towards the giant windows. I hadn’t notice the glass door there before… “Oh my gosh it’s a hot tub!” on the left there was a steaming bubbling bath of hot water. I didn’t know you could have hot tubs up here!

“Oh right, Aron told me about it,” Ilhoon smiled and walked over to it, dipping a hand into the water but immediately hissing in response to the heat. “Oh damn that’s hot!” I sighed at him, sometimes he’s just ignorant. When I looked back at him he was standing towards the lake, taking in the view. I looked over and smile. It was pretty. The forest on the other side reflected off of the mirror-like water slightly rippling from the soft wind, the sun was beaming down on the blue glistening like diamonds. I could take it in and relax for hours. I then felt a pair of arms securely wrapping around my waist. “It’s almost as beautiful as you are,” Ilhoon whispered and I smirked. Ilhoon’s cheesy like that but I find it cute.

“You’re so weird,” I sighed.

“I thought you liked it?” he mumbled and I turned to meet his eyes which seemed to reflect not only me but the view behind in his eyes. It made his irises look slightly blue and his pupils barely visible.

“I do like it,” I smiled and he kissed me. I’ve gotten used to his reactions when he wanted to kiss, he couldn’t really control it. I liked the feel of his lips; the soft smoothness of it calmed me, somewhat. Even if my heart was beating crazily the rest of me felt light and bubbly.

“AWW!” Ilhoon let go and we looked back to see Aron laughing. “How could you keep that away from me for this long?” he asked him and then his eyes widened as Ilhoon ran after him. They both ran around the house screaming at each other, Junhyung eventually running after the two. Hara and I glanced at each other and rolled our eyes simultaneously. Yeah, this family is pretty crazy. We were just right in. 

 

A/N: This chapter was significantly shorter than the others, I apologize. Hopefully I can think of something they'll do that'll take a few more pages up :P