A Visitor

Remember Us?

I know a lot of people have been waiting for this scene so I tried to make it according to expectations. It took me a few hours to try and write and perfect so I hope you like the chapter! :D

 

~~~~

 

November 2, 2012 (At the Scene)

I felt my stomach doing flip flops, my palms were clammy, and I was in the worst possible position I could’ve been in! My new boyfriend is my ex-boyfriend’s dongsaeng, who knows what could’ve happened at the beginning? Kikwang wasn’t mourning over our relationship; he hated the fact I broke up with him. He despised me for figuring out his plan and breaking up with him instead of him breaking up with me. What if, Ilhoon was his way of revenge? I felt like crying at the thought of Ilhoon not really caring, acting it out only to hurt me in the end. Who knows what could’ve happened, I wasn’t sure if I should follow my own conclusion or what Ilhoon was trying to tell me. “I would never do that to you, I didn’t even know you were Kikwang’s ex,” he said softly.

“I didn’t tell him, I never thought it was important for him to know. He’s not listening to Kikwang,” Junhyung tried to reason but I was scared. I was shivering; it seemed to become colder even with Ilhoon’s arms around my waist. I know it’s possible it won’t be true, but what if it is?

“Sohyun, I would never hurt you. All those times when I kissed you and said those things,” Ilhoon looked towards his brother then back to me. “It was true,” he mumbled.

“How can I be sure? Kikwang was devious and concocted plans within plans, I don’t wanna be hurt again,” I whimpered and he tightened his grip around me.

“Look, I’ll call Kikwang right now. I’ll prove it,” Junhyung, with vibrating fingers, took out his phone and quickly dialed the number placing it on speaker phone. No, I don’t ever want to hear that voice again. But I want to know the truth… “Kikwang!”

“Junhyung, where are you?” and there it is, I just hated it to the core! The voice that insisted I was seeing things, one that mutually broke up with me.  

“I’m at my brother’s place; I was supposed to have dinner—.”

“I’m on my way up the stairs; I need to talk to you guys about something.” Wait what? Oh crap!

“Woah hold on!”  Junhyung began panicking but then the phone started buzzing.

“Oh ,” I hissed. I heard the loud footsteps as he neared the door, the creak when his hand twisted the doorknob, and his face. A face I was expecting never to meet eyes with again. He didn’t look different except he had dyed his once black hair blue. As he looked up his eyes were cold and black, as if knowing immediately.

“You !” he yelled and ran at me. Fury written all over his face, his lips back into a snarl. I couldn’t feel Ilhoon’s arms around me; a time where I truly needed them they seemed absent. I squinted my eyes shut until I heard flesh on flesh contact and a thud. I popped my eyes open and for a split second I couldn’t tell what I was seeing.

“Ilhoon!” Junhyung said in disbelief, his own eyes wide. Then I got it. Ilhoon must’ve punched Kikwang somewhere which caused him to fall.

“Don’t call my girlfriend a you !” Ilhoon growled, tightening his fists menacingly.

My mouth was hanging open; Ilhoon punched his older brother’s friend just because he called me a ? That said a lot, for one it’s positive that Ilhoon isn’t with Kikwang. Thank God! That was only one feeling, relief. There were plenty others lining up. Ilhoon and Kikwang are just staring at each other, neither is saying anything. It caused a huge knot of tension to form in my stomach; I was anticipating something to happen. I don’t know what but I assume something along the lines of attacking. I felt guilty too, even if Kikwang is a bastard he used to be Ilhoon’s friend. I was tearing them apart. Not to mention Junhyung who now has to choose between a brother and a best friend. That’s always hard for someone; I heard Junhyung and Kikwang knew each other since high school or something like that. “She-she’s your girlfriend?” Kikwang breathed, his chest heaving with each breath.

“Yeah she is! You better apologize and tell me why you’re here!” I never saw Ilhoon genuinely mad, this was over mad. He was infuriated, he was vexed, he was demanding an apology. Kikwang cautiously scrambled up and brushed off his clothes.

“Man, she’s playing with you! Don’t trust her!” he’s saying lies about me now? Aw hell no!

“I’m not trying to play with anybody! You’re the one that tried to pull one over on me!” I screamed, it was incredible how Kikwang could look sincere one moment and then chilling the next. He shot me that look and then turned back to my boyfriend.

“Kikwang quit lying! I thought you were better!” out of nowhere my ex’s knuckles came in contact with Ilhoon’s jaw forcing a reactive yelp from me.

 I covered my mouth as I watched the scene unfold. Ilhoon didn’t fall to the ground like Kikwang did; he stood in his spot and then swiftly landed one on Kikwang’s cheek. As he fell Ilhoon was dragged down and they both flopped on the floor with a painful crash. The two rolled across the floor and on top of one or the other, punching the crap out of each other. I was surprised they didn’t kick but that’s not the point, I flashed my eyes to Junhyung whose face went pale and his mouth was slightly agape as he eyed the brawl. I would’ve done the same but this was my boyfriend and his younger brother.

“Junhyung! Do something!” I yelled and then he instantly ran over to them like his switch was flipped on.

“Break it up! Break it up!” Junhyung attempted to pry the two apart but ended up getting kicked in the chin sending him backwards. I covered my mouth again. “Hell no!” he growled and dove into the fray shocking the two guys. Junhyung landed on top of both of them and I tried really hard not to laugh about it. Junhyung jumped back up, dusted himself off and placed firm hands on both rapidly beating chests pulling them up to their feet. He kept glancing at both of them, making sure they had calmed down a little bit as well as himself. “You,” he stared at ilhoon. “Step back and go comfort your girlfriend I think she’s gonna pass out.” Is it obvious? “And you,” he glared at Kikwang. “Get out of here, quit bothering Sohyun and don’t show your face again,” He hissed and shoved him back, Kikwang staggering slightly.

“What you’re just throwing away friendship that fast?!” Kikwang snapped and Junhyung nearly slapped that son of a pressing him to flinch. He lowered his hands and wiped his bottom lip probably bitten from getting kicked.

“I don’t wanna lose the only blood relative I still call family, he’s my little brother. Besides, I have a girlfriend too in case you forgot and you don’t treat a girl like that," he grumbled. “Leave,” he repeated. Kikwang didn’t hesitate to give us all a cold gaze, especially me. His eyes lingered across the room as if surveying it making me worry about Ilhoon.

“Fine, but this isn’t the last time. Keep an eye on your kid brother; don’t know what’ll happen to him,” Kikwang whispered ominously and turned his heel, stomping out of the door.

I didn’t feel like eating and Junhyung went back to his place because he was worried for his girlfriend, Hara. Ilhoon and I sat on the couch with his grasp around me tighter than normal but I needed the extra squeeze. He seemed oddly calm after a fight, I wonder if he’s ever fought before…“A-are you okay?” I asked him and he nodded.

“I’m fine, only bruises,” he shrugged and grabbed a blanket to wrap around me. Was I shivering that much for him to notice?

“Kikwang always plays dirty though,” I mumbled as he pulled the blanket with angel wings and Roman numerals on me. Hey, it’s the blanket where he stayed over at my house last month! I smiled a little at the comfortable memory.

“True, but I don’t care. You’re safe and that’s what I wanted,” he gently kissed my cheek making me smile even more.

“I’m sorry I accused you earlier,” I added.

“Not a problem, I know Kikwang’s pretty cunning. He can twist minds without people knowing it, but I’ll always be faithful to you. I promise,” he insisted and kissed my head. My chest seemed to lose a weight; I didn’t even realize I was holding tension. I remembered what Junhyung was talking about, Ilhoon being his only blood relative he called family now. What did that mean?

“Ilhoon, why did Junhyung say what he said about you?” I looked up at him and he gave a small grin.

“It’s a long story, starting with my family,” he sighed and placed his arm around me as if to get comfortable before speaking. 

 

A/N: The next chapter might take a while since it's gonna be mostly backstory on both Ilhoonie and Sohyunie which I honestly still have to figure out :P but I'll try to get it up ASAP!