Valentine's Anyone?

Remember Us?

I'm gonna try to get the ball rolling again with this one, I'd like to thank maknaeSha02 and Hyun-Ae94 for subscribing to this story! 

 

~~~~

 

February 14, 2013 

Sohyun was freaking out about the whole “2012” thing, the Mayans just got lazy! The cabin thing was fun, Aron Hyung hasn’t spilled anything about my relationship, but I didn’t like Kikwang stopping by to visit…at least he’s in jail back in the U.S. out of sight and out of mind. He’s been such a , I hate him I can’t believe I ever was his friend! I woke up in a fit of rage, thinking about bad memories. I sat up and rubbed my eyes when a hand punched my back. “Ya, be careful when you wake up and I’m here,” Sohyun grumbled into the pillow.

“Mianhae Sohyunnie," I apologized and kissed her forehead. I jumped out of bed and walked into the bathroom, hearing my girlfriend rise and groan. I forgot she had slept over, I mean, it isn’t the first time we’ve slept in the same bed! Our second date, I think, we had our first kiss and we both slept on the couch together. Good times. I stuffed a toothpaste filled toothbrush in my mouth and began brushing as Sohyun entered in next to me. I don’t know why, but, she seemed a lot more tense and stiff. Like she was expecting something…

“Ilhoon, what day is it today?” she asked after I spit into the sink.

“Thursday, the 14th,” I responded and swished out my mouth. Sohyun sighed and set down her hairbrush lightly.

“Any plans today?” she wondered and I shook my head.

“Just school,” I scoffed. Getting back to school was tough after winter break was hard but I’ve been getting better since the weekend is coming up! I stood straighter and turned to Sohyun who smiled half-heartedly.

“Alright, good luck Jagiya,” Sohyun kissed my cheek and gave me a light hug. I hugged her back tightly.

“Gomawo,” I kissed her cheek in response and I ran downstairs to change into my school uniform.

After dressing and arriving at school I walked in and my eyebrows furrowed. There were red and pink hearts plastered on the walls things about Valentine’s Day everywhere. It isn’t Valentine’s Day yet, is it? I quickly headed over to Aron’s locker and stopped him. “It-it’s Valentine’s Day?” I asked him and he nodded.

“Yeah, the 14th! You couldn’t have possibly forgotten to do something for you and Sohyun did you?!” Aron hissed with a teasing smile. I groaned and slammed my back against the lockers. I smacked my face. Pabo! Oh you pabo!

“That’s why Sohyun was acting strange this morning! Oh ! I’m dead!” I punched the locker behind me.

“At least you’re catching up on your English,” Aron mumbled and closed his locker. “You’ll figure something out, come on make a few phone calls, blackmail a few people, and you’ve got the night planned out!” Aron pulled my up by the collar and slapped my back.

“Alright, cover me in Choi’s class,” I said and pulled out my phone as we entered the room.

I followed Aron’s advice and made some phone calls to a bunch of different places, nearly yelling in the phone during Choi’s. Although, once the period ended I had the night planned out. I met Eunkwang and Minhyuk in the halls followed by Peniel and Changseob. “Ya, Ilhoon, wanna head out later today? Valentine’s Day and that means single girls drinking up at the clubs again!” Eunkwang chuckled.

“I’m fine, some plans with the brother and his fiancée about the wedding,” I lied with a shrug.

“Oh come on! Blow it off this one time you can just stay for an hour and leave,” Changseob insisted.

“Ani, I can’t leave my brother and his future wife alone!” I scoffed and checked the clock to see how much time we had for passing period.

“Dude, Ilhoon, you’ve been really lazy this past year! We’ve barely done anything together, you’re doing something with your brother or you’re studying! Since when in Hell did you study so hard?!” Minhyuk questioned waving his hands around himself. I took a deep breath. It was true, I knew I changed but I wanted to change, I love my pals but now that it’s Valentine’s Day I wanna say how much I’m in love with Sohyun even more.

“Look, I’m sorry that I’ve been cooped up all the time. We’re seniors now and that’s only because we’ve gone through with barely passing grades! I realized I wanted to do something else than running around the streets! Sorry if that’s a crime!” I didn’t want to yell, it ended up that way! Luckily the warning bell rang which caused me to run to my next class. I was hot and steamed from my sudden anger; I ed my first button and sat back in class.

I dodged my friends the rest of the day, even lunch, until the clock struck 2:15. Of course I screwed up on one of the most important holidays for a couple but I had to make it right! Hopping into my car I drove home where I found Sohyun on the couch. “What’s with the rush?” Sohyun grumbled sarcastically. I sighed and shut the door.

“I forgot Valentine’s Day, I know, I apologize don’t be mad at me,” I said and hung up my blazer before heading over to her.

“I’m not mad, I mean it would’ve been nice for you to remember because…” she sighed and pulled out a slim box. I popped it open and I felt even guiltier.

“A new watch? Gosh, I’ll make it up to you Sohyunnie,” I kissed her head. I felt really bad that I didn’t get her a gift; I’ll pick one out later. Although I felt myself get warmer, she really did care about me. “I love it too," I added as I strapped on the leather to my wrist.

“I thought you would,” Sohyun smiled slightly and I wrapped my arms around her.

“How about we go out tonight, my treat,” I offered and she smiled as we stared at the TV.

“Sure, how’d you get a place last minute? Valentine’s Day should be booked,” Sohyun turned over to face me.

“Uh, just a bit of persuading. When that didn’t work I tried money,” I shrugged and Sohyun slapped my arm.

“Gosh, you go to extreme lengths. Now be quiet and let me nap,” Sohyun mumbled and curled into my chest. What a weirdo. I rolled my eyes and continued to watch TV as my loving girlfriend slept.

Our reservation was 6:30; I don’t usually like dressing up to just go out and eat but today was an exception. Sohyun is always an exception for everything that I don’t like; I want to make her happy. It’s like I’m trying to please my father but I enjoy it now! I slightly poked Sohyun in the stomach, making her stir next to me. “Come on, Sohyunnie, we’ve got an hour before the reservation,” I told her and she groaned, sitting up.

“Alright, is it fancy?” she moaned as if already knowing the answer to her own question.

“Yeah, but we can just eat there and then go somewhere more relaxing okay?” I suggested and she nodded. Over the past couple of weeks Sohyun has been slowly moving in, leaving some clothes in a few empty cabinets, hanging her toothbrush next to mine, basically little things like that. I don’t mind if she ends up moving in with me I would actually be ecstatic! We’re a slow moving couple, each step is big. After putting on a dark grey blazer with matching slacks and a black button up underneath I walked back downstairs to check on Sohyun. I stopped before I hit the wooden floor, I leaned against the rail and smiled as I saw her in that satin red dress which hugged her snugly. I strode over and hugged her from behind, letting my head rest on her shoulder. “You look so beautiful,” I mumbled and kissed her cheek.

“Gomawo, you look great too,” she smiled and kissed my cheek back.

“Come on, we don’t have any time to waste our reservation’s in half an hour,” I said as I checked my watch.

I feel that going into dinner isn’t very exciting. Truthfully and honestly we just ate and made fun of some random couple fighting with each other a table away. I think the guy cheated or something; it would explain why the girl through her glass of water in his face… it was troubling to try to choke down my laughter with Sohyun. After dinner is where things were worth talking about! I drove back to Han River where we had our very first date. We sat down in the dry grass and I handed Sohyun a long red box. “Here, I feel bad that you got me something. I was gonna save it but I figured I’ll by something else,” I said. She then opened it with a smile and I pulled it up. I had purchased a necklace of fresh water pearls, yes they’re real. “They’re real,” I interrupted before she had a chance to ask.

“Really? Isn’t that expensive?” she asked as I clipped it.

“It’s fine, as long as you like it,” I said and sat back to look at her. She glanced down happily, trying to hide her rosy cheeks.  

“I love it, it’s beautiful,” she grinned and rubbed her finger against a single shining pearl. Just like you, I’m glad you love it. I took a deep breath and intertwined my hand with hers. It was natural now, to just curl up next to each other and hold hands. I don’t know if it’s just me, but Sohyun looked even more beautiful than usual. She was pretty much radiating tonight… it made me even more nervous. My throat got dry and I found I was at lost for words; a long hum came from my throat. Suddenly this suit got extremely humid. God Ilhoon you pabo.

“I’m glad you love it,” I managed, although it wasn’t what I wanted to say. She smiled and leaned into my arm, I hugged her tightly. Ilhoon, why can’t you just tell her? Just because she’s older than you? Just because of the fact you used to be a dickhead? Are you scared because you’re changing in these past four months? You’ve known for a while now, so just spit it out! It’s harder than it actually is, to think you can do everything and then realize that the reality is you can’t do even half of it. I can open my mouth but I can’t say the simple phrase that the world has come to either embrace or loathe. I can do it, you can do it. Another breath and a few seconds of silence I was able to open my mouth again. “Sohyunnie I love—.” I turned to look at her, to finally reveal my inner emotions, when I groaned and rolled my eyes. “Really, you had to sleep when I’m gonna confess to you?” I wondered. Asleep on me, how many times has this happened? I would’ve sat there to watch the sun set but it was starting to get a bit chilly outside, with a cold breeze flowing even I was getting cold! I carefully stood up and carried Sohyun to the car, buckling her up in the passenger’s seat. I continued to glance at her during the short ride home, making sure she didn’t suddenly wake up and freak out or something like that. I lifted her up the stairs and laid her in my bed, kissing her forehead and pulling the blanket over her body. “Saranghae Sohyunnie, happy Valentine’s Day,” I whispered and my heel. I clambered downstairs and fell down on the couch, sleeping in time so I could be ready for school tomorrow. 

 

A/N: I know it's been long since I've updated and actually got a schedule for this story, I'm sorry that's so. I also apologize for the fact that I'll be attempting to end this story soon to start a couple new ones. I also hope that none of my subscribers will leave, it's sad, but after ending my other story 5 subscribers left my story all together! I wish all of you stay loyal and attempt to read my other stories, thanks for reading.