With Water for a Day

Remember Us?

Just so you know (and so I don't forget) I have this friend of AFF with the username TAIwin, she's really an amazing author. You guys HAVE to check her out! Not to mention she's having troubles on what story to post next so vote there too! I thank my readers for voting for TAIwin and enjoy this next chapter of mine! :)

 

~~~~

 

December 22, 2012

We decided to halt activities until today since yesterday we were all pretty jet lagged and tired. I really liked the cabin, it was hard to believe Aron’s family owned the place! Today I woke up with the sun shining in my eyes but Sohyun was in my arms. I wanted us to get the bigger room because a bigger is colder so then we’ll have to stay together most of the time. Aren’t I smart? I gently kissed Sohyun’s head, earning a hum of acknowledgement. “Good morning,” I mumbled to her and she turned over, looking into my eyes.

“Good morning,” she responded and kissed my cheek. I kissed hers in response.

“What do you wanna do today? Aron suggested white-water rafting, but I don’t know what that is,” I shrugged. I’m sorry but I’m not American enough to know!

“I guess that would be okay to try something new,” Sohyun decided and sat up in bed. She stretched her arms, nearly hitting me in the face and patted my leg. “Get up, we have to eat,” she reminded me but I groaned.

“I don’t wanna I’m lazy, can you bring it to me?” I asked her cutely, Sohyun then groaned.

“Fine, but you better eat all of it,” she told me and walked out the door in her gray sweats and black t-shirt.

“Gamsahabnida!” I called and stuffed my face back into the pillow. I’m so lucky to be dating Sohyun!

As I lay in bed I tried to figure out ways to try and get the others to tell me about my dad. I know they’re trying to protect me from him but it’s been years ever since my father began trying to contact Junhyung through his cell phone! I think I have a right to know about what my father wants and that I disagree with it! Maybe if I try the idea of bringing up my father later, blowing up about him suddenly. How would they react to that? Well Aron doesn’t know so I guess I could tell him about my jackass father. That would a reasonable way to bring to the topic. As I pondered, I heard the door open and I craned my head over to see Sohyun walk in with a plate of pancakes with butter and syrup. Oh my gosh they’re chocolate chip! I smiled and clapped my hands, dude it smelled so good! “Gamsahabnida Sohyunie! You can stay in bed tomorrow, I’ll get you breakfast,” I offered as she set the warm plate on my lap. The heat sunk through the blanket and onto my legs, warming my body instantly.

“You don’t have to,” Sohyun reminded me as she handed over a fork and knife.

“Yes I do! And if not, I want to,” I told her as I cut up my pancakes happily. I pierced a piece and fed it to her first before eating one myself. I like chocolate chips, it gives me that rich taste in my mouth that always leaves me watering for more! When I continued I thought of how Sohyun also knew about my father, they must’ve filled her in some more parts of why I hate him so much. Probably filled her on some more info on him as a person too, if he is one. I couldn’t focus much though, the food was so good! I gobbled it up pretty quickly; luckily I didn’t get a stomachache. I placed the knife and fork on the plate and Sohyun and I walked down the steps. I heard Hara, Junhyung, and Aron downstairs talking about white water rafting.

“It’s fun! You guys will either hate it or love it,” Aron shrugged and saw Sohyun and I walking down the stairs. “Morning!” he said cheerfully and I placed the plate in the sink.

“Morning Hyungs, morning Noona,” I slightly bowed and walked over to them with Sohyun sitting on my lap at the table.

“Morning, if you wanna go white-water rafting we have to leave in about an hour or so,” Aron warned me.

“I’ll change into my trunks and a shirt later, you have life jackets here right?” hey, I might not know what it is but I’m pretty sure we need life jackets!

“Ne, I’ll get them out,” Aron sighed. “Junhyung Hyung, I need some help finding it,” he patted my brother who stood up, kissed his girlfriend and walked out with Aron. Hara then looked at Sohyun and I.

“Remember to bring towels along, it sounds like it involves water. And try not to get too wet, you’ll get a cold and in Washington you don’t wanna get that! Remember to eat and drink water when you need it, don’t drink any water out of nature! And if something or someone attacks you either scream like Hell or beat the crap out of them—!”

“Noona! We get it, we’ll be safe,” I told her and leaned over, kissing her head. Sometimes Hara is just like a mom, I once called her Omma and she hit me nonstop in the head while Junhyung laughed. But I still love her because she’s so caring and she’s comfortable with it, even with Sohyun now. That’s the one part that makes me feel good, that Sohyun’s part of our family. I guess I really like her a lot, I can’t really begin my day without her or knowing where she is.

“Alright, go get dressed then you two,” Hara told us and Sohyun and I smiled while walking up the stairs with our hands intertwined.

Sohyun and I faced each other’s backs of course when changing. We haven’t gotten that far yet! I hurriedly slipped off my pants and pulled on my black trunks and a black tee, nothing special but enough to be okay when I’m wet. I glanced behind me just as Sohyun pulled over her blue top. I let out a small breath. Oh good, she’s covered up. The white shorts were a little too short for me though…I stepped behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her into my arms. “That’s above mid-thigh,” I told her protectively and she held my hands with hers.

“I’ll be fine, there aren’t much people where we are,” she reminded me. But what if there are? I twirled her around and rested my forehead on hers, feeling our warmth.

“I just want my Sohyunnie to be safe, I worry,” I said and kissed her lips. A small smile was felt underneath before she kissed back slowly.

“I promise, I can take care of myself," she told me.

“But I’m your boyfriend, I care about you. Sometimes I want to protect you even if you know you can do it yourself,” I mumbled and she ruffled her hand in my hair. She smiled at me, the smile that makes me know everything’s alright.

“I like you for that, but you gotta relax sometimes,” she reminded me and kissed me once more. I held her closer, my heart feeling a bit heavy now. A good heavy I guess, at least I know I can be held down.

The five of us fitted on some life jackets and blew up a tan colored five person raft, two on the back and front while one could sit in the middle. The life jacket was kind of bulky, only allowing limited movement but it wasn’t so bad. Just a bit annoying. Aron seemed excited about white water rafting, he’s either never done it or not for a long time…both outcomes didn’t quite help my nerves. “You’ll need these,” Aron handed Junhyung and I black rubber oars. Junhyung immediately started playing with his; thrashing everywhere pretending it was a light saber! I chuckled but Hara rolled her eyes again at my brother. “We have to go the river now, let’s go!” Aron said happily and started dashing off with the raft in his hand.

“YA! Wait up!” I shouted and the rest of us followed quickly so we didn’t lose him. We still don’t know our way around the place!

“Catch me!” Aron challenged and jogged his way through, now struggling with the inflatable. With that I charged at him faster, my footsteps noticeably louder and caused my soles to hurt a bit. Aron turned and yelped, trying to go faster.

“Get him, Dongsaeng ah!” I heard Junhyung encourage with glee, I smiled. Junhyung and I are always looking at things to help us physically. We’re competitive people; it’s the way we were raised. Our father was the one that made us take karate, probably to protect ourselves if one of his enemies were to attack. It helps now anyways with all of the fights and the fact I might see him again… I kept going, Aron’s pants and huffs becoming more and more distinguished.

“You’re going down, Hyung!” I shouted and jumped on his back, hooking my arms around his neck as he fell over. He fell backwards which caused me to get most of the fall, air knocked out of my lungs for a brief moment. It was painful for a moment but then I was fine afterwards.

“Ouch! Oh you little bastard!” Aron groaned and I chuckled. He jumped off me, pressing my stomach in with his hands making me moan.

“Jeez!” I sighed and jumped up, we continued calmly then. I didn’t want to break anything on this trip! The walk wasn’t that long, maybe ten to fifteen minutes. But I’m sure we had climbed upward. We arrived at a raging river, white foam frothing from the thrashing waves. Rocks were also poking out of the water and blocking paths. There were little dips in the river, making it look like mini waterfalls.

“Woah, this is amazing,” Sohyun awed and Aron nodded.

“Ready?” Aron asked as and lower the raft into the water. That water looks freaking deadly!

“We’re going into the water?!” Junhyung shouted alarmed, pointing with his oar.

“Ne, look at the water. Isn’t it white?” Aron grinned.

Oh this is gonna be so much fun! I was smiling as we all piled into the raft, Aron holding on so we wouldn’t be whisked away. “I swear, if I die I’m blaming you!” Sohyun shivered.

“This is gonna be awesome!” I told her, sitting in the back with her. She obviously was scared of this, it was kind of funny but I get it. We could tip over or run into some rocks or something like that. But still! I love adrenalin and danger! This is exactly my kind of thing!

“I feel like you have the same thirst for danger as…” suddenly Junhyung paused making me grip the oar I held. Please don’t compare me to our father, I’m not like him! “Never mind.” He mumbled and turned back to the front where he sat. Yeah, you better turn away! I breathed deeply; he had provoked my anger against our father again. Now I really need this ride!

“Come on Aron! Hop in!” I told him.

“Alright, alright! Get ready in three, two, one!” he jumped in the middle, releasing the raft from land and slamming us downriver where I’m sure Hara’s and Sohyun’s screams could be heard all through Washington.

My heart was pumping, Junhyung, Aron, and I pushed the oars in different directions to change course and were responsible for paddling faster. I could only hear three things: my rhythmic heartbeat, the raging water, and a couple screams from Sohyun and Hara who were holding onto the raft for dear life! I smiled and laughed, I found their fear a bit humorous. Who wouldn’t?! It’s kinda funny! As the water kept urging us forward I urged my Hyungs to go faster. I guess I was kind of good at this sport; the adrenalin enhanced my senses like those of danger or alertness to protect. I was able to be a little stronger, pushing my oar off rocks and raking it across the ground to force us faster. I also felt a bit happier, under euphoria I guess. My heart felt lighter even if it was pounding and my cheeks hurt from smiling or laughing too often, that never happens to me! It never did!

There were all kinds of excitement during the ride, first off the giant rocks coming from the ground. When it pops in your vision it just shocks you for a minute and you’re afraid to like…die so your heart races. Then when you survive like a big chunk of stress comes off and a smile goes across your face. Also, the rush of the water is just an exciting feeling to have! It makes my body shake in anticipation to move something along with the water! The waterfalls, oh my gosh! When you swoop off of one, it feels so light like you’re flying. It’s a great experience, to just drift in the air for a second or two. Oh man! The whole thing was just awesome! I even got past the hoarse screams and shouts!

Eventually, I did feel tired in my arms and in my throat. My arms because I kept rowing and would throw them into the air when we leaped off of a waterfall. Then my throat began making croaking noises when I attempted to speak because of my whooping! We must’ve been out for a couple hours at the least! “Let’s turn back! Stick the oar into the ground on your left!” Aron shouted over the waves and I obeyed. The raft curved in the desired direction but I waited until Aron responded again. “Now, you have to paddle really hard! Reach for the bank on the right!” he ordered. Putting the arm strength I had left, I dislodged my oar and furiously thrashed forward attempting to move against the rapid current. We were moving but very slowly and I was impatient now, after hearing we were done I felt like I was even more fatigued that before! So even if my muscles were screaming, I gritted my teeth and I shoved my oar into the ground again launching us toward the bank. I was surprised at my own strength; we were picked up and almost thrown onto the ledge of the bank! Holy when did my arms get that strong?! Perhaps the longtime of rowing helped! Aron and Junhyung jumped out of the raft and pulled the three of us back onto land, all of us breathing heavily. I collapsed onto the dirt, groaning and panting into the ground. My face and clothes were slightly wet, a few little pebbles and grains of dirt stuck to them.

“That was fun.” Was all I could say, my mouth was dry! “Water!” I complained, it was the only thing to say without my throat burning even more! Sohyun twisted me around and held my head up as she gave me the water from a bottle. Yay! I’m so lucky to have you. Thinking that I almost laughed but I stopped myself before I could choke on the drink. My old self would not approve! After a few big gulps she took it away and I spoke easier. “Gamsahabnida Sohyunnie,” I sighed and dropped back onto the ground.

“You’re welcome, nice jobs guys. We’re not dead,” she breathed and sat next to me. I smirked.

“We should do that again!” I heard Junhyung say and I nodded.

“Daebak,” Aron gasped.

“You guys are crazy, we could’ve died so many times!” Hara groaned.

“But we didn’t, because you guys are so awesome! You didn’t even need the training!” Woah what?!

“We could’ve had training for this?” Junhyung grumbled.

“Ne, but I didn’t think we needed it. I was right, you guys were born with instincts of an animal!” Aron laughed. I can’t believe he seriously endangered our lives like that! But then again, it was still fun and he truly didn’t need it…

“We’re far from home aren’t we?” I asked.

“Ne…” we all groaned. “Unless you want to go up the river…” I got on my feet, picked up Sohyun, and we started walking. I am not going up that thing!

Long before we arrived back at the cabin every body part of mine was hurting! Everything was sore: my feet, hands, arms, neck, torso, everything! At least Sohyun didn’t complain, I complained on the walk actually! When I saw the wooded cabin I took off, leaving Sohyun laughing at me. I threw off my shoes, ran to the balcony, and slid into the hot tub with a satisfied sigh. “Better.” The warmth was much better compared to the freezing ice waters of the river!

“I thought you would be in bed,” I saw Sohyun looking over my shoulder. I shrugged.

“It’s warm though,” I grinned. “Come on,” I waved my hand for her to join me and she dipped in next to me without checking how hot it was right now. But it felt nice when her head went into my shoulder and her arms around my body. I wrapped my arms around her as well, not to mention we were far ahead of the others. Maybe we can have some alone time.

“You did great with the rafting,” she told me.

“Gamsahabnida, it was mostly instinct," I shrugged.

“I know you won’t like hearing it, but, maybe Junhyung was right. Having sharp reflexes might be a family trait,” she added. It can be a family trait but not from my father, it can be form my mom or my uncle or aunt. Just not my father!

“It probably is, but I don’t want to know where we inherited it from,” I told her and she nodded.

“I just don’t want you to be angry at him, even for possibly giving you things that can save your life,” she said quietly, as if I’ll get mad at her.

“Yeah but, I’d rather not have it if it was from him. He didn’t do any good for me then, now I finally find out he’s done something? That man can it!” I hissed. Knowing I can tell this to him again through Junhyung’s phone, it makes me want to go and grab it, re-dial the number, and scream until his eardrums get blown off! He makes me feel that way, and to think that nearly everyone is hiding it from me hurts.  It makes me angrier than I need to be.

“Alright, just enjoy this for now. Don’t think about it,” Sohyun suggested calmly, rubbing my arm and we gazed out into the lake. It was nice, but Sohyunie was a lot better than any other girl or view. I’ll always choose her over anything now, even if she is hiding something from me. I’m always so uptight when I’m not around her now, secretly, I think the guys back home think I’m up to something. At least now I have Aron Hyung to help defend me.