In The End, It's Always Family

Remember Us?

Alright! Thanks for waiting for this chapter, it's right on when I said it would be a week so I'm glad! I'd like to welcome my new subscriber: iheARTk-pop! With both of my stories combined, I have 50 subscribers! :DDI'd like to thank you all, especially the ones who've stayed with me since the very beginning! 

 

~~~~

 

December 22, 2012

I liked the feeling of Ilhoon being with me, hugging me closely and warming me up even in the hot tub. I just like to know he’s there, it makes me feel better and safer. I wish it could be just us; it’s not that I dislike the others but Ilhoon and I seem to be a bit more distant. I'm glad he's doing his studies and expanding his horizons but he's a lot busier now. I don’t want that to happen I want to stay with him for a while longer. “We should get inside now, I hear the others,” Ilhoon whispered after a while of calm silence. I only nodded and we exited the tub, the crisp air hitting my body immediately making me shiver. Ilhoon, who was unfazed, wrapped a large towel around me and himself so we waddled into the house, up the stairs right before the other three came back in. We dried and changed with our backs to each other before running back downstairs with a little laughter. Aron, Hara, and Junhyung were out of their rooms, dry once more and changed.

“How was it?” Aron asked without his voice being softened with his panting. He had a blue towel around his neck and rubbed his damp hair with it. 

“Awesome! We should do it again!” Junhyung agreed by grinning and slapping Ilhoon on the back, throwing his own white towel on the couch. The three guys sat down at the dining table to talk amongst themselves while Hara and I were fixing dinner. The others had come back really late, it was nearly 6:30 now!

“What did you and Ilhoon do alone?” she wondered as I rinsed the rice. I smiled, remembering.

“Nothing much we just sat around in the hot tub and talked,” I shrugged.

“Boring!” she mumbled and I laughed a little. Inappropriate…

Turns out Junhyung and Hara bought salmon while riding up here to the mountain the other day so we fried it up. I've never had fresh salmon so I was excited! The smell of the fish filled the room as we set down the rice and fish, the guys picking at it before I could even sit! I placed myself next to Ilhoon, on his right was his brother, on my left Hara sat, and Aron was across from Ilhoon. We ate in silence at first until it was broken abruptly. “Aron, I want to tell you all my secrets,” Ilhoon said, causing Aron to pause and look up from his salmon filled chopsticks. He set the bowl and chopsticks down anyways.

“Go ahead, I’ll tell you mine later then,” he smiled. Where is Ilhoon gonna go with this? I was kind of scared, what else was he gonna say?

“Have I told you about my father?” oh God no.

“Ilhoon, I think that’s a rather powerful topic,” Junhyung interrupted before I could.

“I want to talk about it now,” he said to his hyung and then looked to Aron once more. “I hated him then, and I hate him now." It punched my stomach, his words. I’m hiding it from him, he deserves to know but I already promised to Junhyung and Hara I wouldn’t say anything about the phone calls from their father.

“What’s wrong?” Aron scooted forward, worry and seriousness overcoming the older guy’s eyes.

“Everything. My dad was a bastard,” Ilhoon simply said.

“Well, you’re not wrong…” Junhyung sighed and scooped some rice into his mouth.

“No I’m not, because my dad killed people for greed and didn’t care about me or Junhyung! He only cared about himself, not even my mom! He doesn’t even deserve to be called a father, he isn’t one besides the fact I was conceived by him.” Ilhoon grumbled. That was something about Ilhoon; he often changed ambiances, like now. It used to be cheerful, now it was painfully awkward.

“Ilhoon,” I sighed and put my hand on his arm. He was always so stiff and tense at these times where he remembered his father.

“If I knew where he was, I wouldn’t hesitate to say how much I loathe him.” That caused Junhyung, Hara, and me to stiffen up now. If he knew his father was contacting his brother, does that mean he wouldn’t hesitate to take it and answer? It kind of made me want to tell him more but another part kept my mouth at bay. Aron didn’t even seem uncomfortable; he sat and waited to listen on. What a friend. “I can’t think of a moment, where I was even happy while under age eight,” Ilhoon admitted softly. Aron reached over the table and patted his friend’s shoulder, even coming back to his seat and patting down Junhyung’s.

“He wasn’t, that bad," Junhyung murmured.

“Are you defending him?” Ilhoon questioned and looked at him suspiciously.

Again, the atmosphere totally changed now. It was becoming hostile as I felt Ilhoon’s anger heating up my own neck. Junhyung cleared his throat without seeing his brother. “No, I’m just saying he could’ve had reasons…”

“What reasons? When can you have reasons to ruin two children’s childhoods? To take peoples’ lives? To push everyone he met around?” Ilhoon was slamming his hand on the table with every question. Things were getting heavier now, was Junhyung picking up his phone now? Was he actually talking to their father to defend him like that? “To be in a gang and risk their families’ lives?”

“Don’t talk like you’re not in a gang either.” Oh, things got personal now. I’m sure not only did I feel heated but Aron and Hara. They didn’t look up, Aron especially since he was in the same gang as Ilhoon.

“Don’t compare me to him!” Ilhoon snapped and stood up. Oh God this isn’t gonna end well.

“Ilhoon, calm down,” I mumbled and tried to touch his hand but he pulled it closer to himself. I felt my heart sink a little.

“How can I? You just pulled that relation so you could compare me to him!” Ilhoon accused. His anger and hatred towards their father was showing now, it pushed everything else aside and took over his words and actions. At times it was even scary. Junhyung stood up, standing only a mere inch from his dongsaeng.

“I’m compared to him too, you know. You used to yell at me, when you were really upset. You’d say I was just like Dad, I thought it was the worst thing in the world. Now, I realize there are a lot of worse things I could say and you could say,” he said softly, acting calm but he was lightly clutching his hands into fists. Ilhoon narrowed his eyes a bit and shoved his hands into his pockets.

“I haven’t thought of that yet, so for now, I’ll still be offended. And as for you, I guess now I can call you a bad brother.” Ouch. That really must’ve hurt, Junhyung went pale in a snap and Ilhoon stomped out of the cabin. He slammed the door, creating a large echo and leaving with a cold tense milieu. Hara began to clean up the table with the grumbles of Aron and Junhyung, “I’m not hungry anymore”. Ilhoon must be feeling bad, he probably needs to cool down a bit.

“When?” I asked Junhyung who now sat in his chair with arms cross and blush flushing his cheeks.

“Later during the week,” he answered. He knew I was talking about the phone calls, we’ll tell Ilhoon later during the week then.

“Have you answered any?” I asked once more. He held up two fingers and I bit my lip. He’s talked to their father again, I’m not sure if recent and I’m not sure what they talked about but I feel that would get Ilhoon even angrier so it would be better not to say that part. I wanted to go outside and talk to Ilhoon now but I decided that wouldn’t be the best solution. For now, I would have to stay in here and wait.

I washed up the dishes beside Hara, talking quietly about the phone calls. Junhyung was sitting on the couch, staring at the TV despite no picture, while Aron was sleeping beside him. The meal and the argument must’ve been heavy on him as the only non-family member. Suddenly I heard voices outside of the cabin, more than just Ilhoon’s. They sounded angry; you can just tell when someone’s angry even if you can’t understand. They will scare you with their anger in their voice. “What’s that?” I asked Aron, who was stirring again. It sounded English since I couldn’t understand but that might just be because of the walls muffling it out.

“Probably neighbors screaming at each other,” he shrugged and changed his napping position. It still seemed extremely close, the yells. It disturbed me a little bit, I felt like our space was being invaded. I almost thought I recognized them too. That was when I heard Ilhoon, right outside the cabin.

“HOLY !” Ilhoon yelled, loud and clear. Usually Ilhoon was never scared or firghtened in any way, he loved adrenalin. I turned around, as if to see through the walls, when suddenly the gunshot was fired.

“!” Aron screamed and fell off the couch. Junhyung stood up, eyes wide and ran outside with Aron scrambling up to follow him. I looked towards Hara, who also seemed alarmed.

“Go upstairs,” she told me, her arms and legs tense. 

“No, my boyfriend and yours are out there too you know,” I reminded her. I felt something bad happening, two days into our vacation and I knew that gun shot was intended for one of us. 

“Go upstairs!” she repeated sternly but instead I did the opposite and ran towards the door. “Sohyun!” I opened up the door and my body froze, unable to process the scene. Ilhoon’s bleeding pretty badly against the house, a gun was laying on the ground far from the scene, Junhyung and Aron were punching the living out of someone, and despite his beaten and bruised face I recognized Kikwang with burning black eyes. When I met his eyes, I felt everything inside of me, I don't know what exactly, but it dropped to my stomach. My heart nearly burst/stopped in mid pulse, I felt sick . Am I seeing this right? His defense suddenly got stronger, his gaze keeping mine making me refuse to look away. 

“Sohyun, get back inside!” Ilhoon ordered with a deep groan and pressed his hands against his bleeding right side. This time, I ran through the door, and slammed it shut. I met eyes with Hara who looked nearly as scared as I. What now? I can't leave them alone again, especially now that Kikwang is armed!

“Do you have a gun?” I asked her quietly. 

 

A/N: OMG! Is it Kikwang? What's Sohyun gonna do with the gun?? Stick around to see, don't forget to COMMENT!