The Family Talk

Remember Us?

I feel like this one isn't that good..I know I haven't been updating for a while but I don't have any homework today so I updated earlier than usual. Thanks for reading again!

 

~~~~

 

November 2, 2012 (After Ilhoon got Comfortable)

I usually don’t like talking about my family, but this was Sohyun. I felt close to her now; I took a deep sigh before beginning. “My parents were our age when they had Junhyung; the scary part was that he was planned,” Sohyun widened her eyes but I continued. “I don’t know what they were thinking; both of them were totally incapable of raising one child. At 22, Junhyung’s age, they had me. I wasn’t supervised by my parents; Junhyung was the one who took care of me when they were either at work or clubbing. I thought I could handle it when I finally realized why my parents weren’t around a lot…” I mumbled scratching my nape. I bit my lip.

“What?!” Sohyun shook my arm back and forth.

“Calm!” I told her and she paused. “When I was eight I stumbled across my father in a dark alleyway while I was walking home from school. I remember it really vividly; it still frightens me a bit,” I admitted and shifted. “I didn’t know much about my father, what I saw changed my perspective. I saw him standing tall, towering over multiple dusty, beaten, bleeding bodies with a gun aimed at one who was still alive. The unknown man shivered in fear of his life, he said he didn’t have it. My father gritted his teeth, teeth I’ve only seen smile from time to time. ‘Where’s my money?’ he shouted, ‘I got a family to feed!’ he said again and then he pulled…the trigger,” the scene flashed before my eyes once more.

The blood, the brain, the decreasing beating of hearts all scattered around the dirt. My father had searched their pockets taking all of the cash, credit cards, and tossing the rest. He tossed the bodies into the dumpster; I just stood behind the wall and watched myself become traumatized. As he dusted off his hands and turned his heel the eyes in his head popped out and he dropped the gun. He had seen me. “Oh, my—.”

“I’m not finished yet, I ran as fast as I could, back to our apartment with my father chasing after me. He was screaming at me, telling me to let him explain. When I entered the room I locked it with that sliding lock that you stick into the thing so the door won’t budge. I yelled to Junhyung ‘We gotta get out of here!’ he casually walked into the room with three bags and tossed my one. ‘I couldn’t agree more’ he once grumbled and we slid down the fire escape. It was quite the adventure…” I confessed. Junhyung seemed to know exactly what to do when I came home that day, as if he anticipated our father to do the thing I saw. Before Sohyun could talk again I hurriedly continued. “We tried our relatives but, they didn’t want us. They were afraid of our parents coming. Junhyung had another plan then…”

“Was it Doojoon?” Sohyun wondered and I smirked.

“You’re good,” I sighed. “Doojoon Hyung was fourteen, yes, but he moved out farther away from the city. I grew up with two brothers and a sister, one brother and my sister both were not related to me but it was better than my real parents. When Doojoon turned 18 and went to college he took Junhyung and I back to Seoul where I continued school ever since them. I haven’t heard about my parents in so many years, I think they died considering my father’s career choice. I couldn’t care less,” I shrugged.

“Don’t say that!” Sohyun snapped and I looked at her. Woah there… “At least you have parents, mine died,” She muttered. My mouth dropped into an “O” and I gulped nervously.

“I-I’m so sorry,” I managed.

“Car crash a few years ago, so I lived with my friends ever since. They’re like my mothers, sometimes a father,” she grinned and I smiled. Please keep smiling.

“Hey, now you have me and I have you. Alright?” I held her tightly and she wrapped her arms around me. A sigh escaped my mouth. I need alcohol. “Want a drink?” I offered and she slapped my chest.

“No!” she scoffed and I stood up.

“Well, I need one. One shot, I hate thinking about my parents and my family in general. Bastards and es all of them,” I hissed and walked over to my counter and pulled out a bottle of vodka carefully pouring it into a small shot glass. I also diluted it by adding a little water.

“At least you’re doing that…” she groaned and watched me as I swallowed the shot.

“I’m trying to cut down, but I still need it,” I said and put away the cup into the sink.

“Anymore family issues you wanna let out?” she wondered and I thought for a minute. The only thing in my mind right now was her and Kikwang.

“How did you even meet Kikwang?” I asked her and her face fell. It was obvious she didn’t wanna talk about Kikwang but it was one question.

“I don’t wanna talk about it,” she muttered. I walked back to the couch and plopped down beside her.

“Can you tell me about it someday?” I sighed.

“Of course I will, Ilhoonie,” she kissed my cheek and I frowned.

“What was that?” I raised an eyebrow and she kissed me gently on my lips.

She was about to let go until I enclosed her in my arms and fell down onto the couch so she was on top of me. “You’re so crazy,” she rolled her eyes and I kissed her again before answering.

“You’re my girlfriend is that too much to ask? To kiss you?” I mumbled with a pouty face.

“Yes,” she nodded.

“Please,” I scoffed and rolled over onto my side. “Can you sleep over today?” I wondered.

“Maybe, most likely because I’m tired now. Your family is interesting, I’ve encountered them twice and it’s changed my life,”

“We’re just that influential,” I chuckled. After a moment of silence Sohyun spoke again.

“How did Junhyung and Hara meet?”

I chuckled as the question popped up; it’s been like two years hasn’t it? About, when he was 20 and I was 16… “They’ve known each other four years before dating, as co-workers at a music company. I don’t think they liked each other, or maybe my brother has always liked her from the start. I don’t know, but they got together in a pretty weird way. They went on a business trip to Japan with their boss and came back together. Something happened on that trip that I still don’t know what it was but it was something big…I’ve never asked him about it,” I sighed.

“You should, or I can,” Sohyun mumbled into my chest. I hadn’t realized she turned in my arms.

“I will, later. I promise,” I told her and kissed her head. I should stop making a ton of promises to Sohyun. A little thought whispered in my head. I wrinkled my eyebrows together and shoved it away; I already told myself I wanted to actually date Sohyun. This issue was supposed to be gone from my thought processer.

“Thank you, now, let me sleep,” she sighed and I kissed her head.

“Sleep well,” I whispered and she nodded. I rested my head on the arm of the couch and I closed my eyes. My eyes slightly stung, I hadn’t realized how sore my body was until I did this. That fight took a lot out of me; I talked about one of the most disturbing topics of my childhood, did a shot, and now the thought of my brother’s hidden beginning with Hara made me tired. I just need some sleep now, even if it was kind of early. I felt my body relax and Sohyun’s snuggle deeper into my chest. I randomly thought of wanting a dream…

Just cuz dreams can allow me to leave my real life.