The First Meeting...

Remember Us?

So sorry!! >.< I meant to update this sooner (I've been saying that a lot now..) but I had homework...Anyway, thank you to my new three subscribers: forever070, Minkyo, and aliah-mymy! I'll try to make reading more bearable if I can.

 

~~~~

 

November 2, 2012 (Let’s skip ahead a bit for the more interesting parts, okay?)

After a full month of being with Sohyun, my old self would’ve scoffed. “You’re starting to break your promise! What, gone soft now?” I would’ve said. But I have felt like I changed a little, I’m even spending some time with Seungri instead of the gang. It’s been a while since I’ve hung out with someone other than my usual group I almost forgot there were people who could have the same interests as me! He was on a lunch break and I didn’t like the smell of alcohol in the morning so we sat outside of a coffee shop. “You know you could pass for someone my age, I didn’t know you were still a minor at first,” Seungri whispered while holding his caramel macchiato with a shot of espresso. He needed it, his eye bags seemed to be darker and it didn’t help that his face was a bit hollow and pale from staying inside of the bar most of the time. His dark dress shirt and black jeans uniform didn’t help with accenting those features.

“How did you find out anyway?” I wondered twirling my iced mocha. I knew that for at least the past month he’s known I was a minor and didn’t say anything to his boss, how long has he known?

“I know a minor when they first step into the bar, the bouncer can’t see it, but I have a full view and memory of that night,” he grinned. A whole year and he didn’t spill!

“Wh-what?” I couldn’t believe it, I visit the bar frequently. How can he not say anything?!

“Yeah, it wasn’t hard. You were excited, surprised, nearly running into the club, and then when your friends separated you didn’t know what to do. Classic first timer. Afraid to get caught right? You took cautious steps in that seat, and when you chugged that first shot. The look on your face was priceless!” he finally laughed and I rolled my eyes.

“That was last year!” I said and he shrugged, pursing his lips on the straw to drink.

“And you want to cut down now, I’m being too strong or weak am I?” he asked and he smacked his lips. Yeah, I’ve been cutting down a lot on my alcohol. Seungri made sure of that too.

“No, you’re doing great! I still have to look a little buzzed at least,” I said. As long as I’m not drinking as much, Sohyun will be happy. It’s been interesting too, to see what my friends say when they’re drunk and I’m not. Like: did I talk like that when I was drunk? I’m glad I’m seeing the sober side for once!

“True, so, when am I gonna see Sohyun again?” he wondered with a smile but it wasn’t cocky or anything in the nature I’ve been around, his smile was genuine and kind which to me was a bit unnatural.

“Uh, I don’t know. I mean it’s been a month since we’ve started dating in secrecy but I feel like I haven’t opened up to her yet,” I admitted to him.

“Ah, well, to be fair you haven’t really. She’s shown you her family, what about yours?” Seungri raised an eyebrow. Hyung’s right. I’ve met every one of Sohyun’s Unnies, even spent some time with each one separately. But, I’m scared to show her to my friends since our relationship is secret. “Not even your brother?” he seemed to be reading my mind…but I should introduce the two. He is my brother and he does know not to say anything to my friends.

“You’re right, maybe tonight,” I nodded and took a big drink from my coffee.

After Seungri’s lunch break and he had to head back to the bar I first called Sohyun, her number saved onto my phone. “Hey Ilhoonie!” her bubbly voice brightening my mood immediately. I smiled.

“Hey Sohyunie! I was talking with Seungri today, and, I want you to meet my brother,” I told her.

“OH MY GOSH I’D LOVE TO!” she shouted without hesitation, making me jump back a little.

“Alright! No need to scream at me,” I mumbled still rubbing my earlobe to try and get out the ringing.

“Sorry,” she giggled. “When?”

“Can you come over for dinner tonight?” I wondered.

“Ne, should I wear anything fancy?”

“Ani, it’s just my brother,” I rolled my eyes.

“But that makes it harder! He’s your brother! He’s the one that takes care of you—.”

“Psh! I take care of myself!” I scoffed.

“Point is! He takes care of you when your parents aren’t around…” I bit my lip. Ugh, I have no parents! I clenched my fist and sighed.

“Can you not talk about parents?” I asked her softly.

“Why?”

“I-I’ll tell you later, I promise,” I mumbled.

My story with my parents is complicated, but the bottom line is that I don’t speak to them anymore. I’ve broken off contact with them, so has Junhyung. I want him to take care of me, he does it better than my own parents! I’ll tell you about it later, right now I was calling my brother. By the time I was walking home I saw Junhyung running into the complex, his purple hair messy and casual wearing jeans and a yellow tee. “Jun wait up!” I shouted when I entered and ran after him. He turned back and smirked, then kept sprinting up.

“Catch me, Ilhoonie!” he teased and jumped up two steps per leap.

“YA! Hyung!” I called and I hurried up. We reached up the stairs to my floor with him beating me to my door. “You, ,” I breathed and crouched down while Junhyung put his hands on his knees. I heard a chuckle. I handed him the keys and he tiredly pushed it into the lock.

“You’re just a sore loser!” he grinned and marched into the kitchen, opening up the fridge.

“Don’t spoil your appetite, I asked my girlfriend to come for dinner remember?” I sighed.

“I know, I know. I’m glad to meet her, finally. It’s been a month since Hara made you that picnic,” he smirked at the memory and pulled out a can of soda. I gave a slight smile at it as well; I can’t believe I left myself behind in only a month. I want to stay my old self like a month ago, only wanting to have and drink but at the same moment being sober and with Sohyun was calm and blissful. I’m not sure what I want right now, I felt like I was telling her everything that kept me a bit aggravated and in pain on the inside. Everyone has that side, no matter how small. Don’t judge me!

I was anxiously waiting for Sohyun on my couch with Junhyung, worry now filling my thoughts. What if they don’t get along? What if one of them doesn’t like the other? What if something happens tonight? Something could definitely go wrong! My leg was shaking and I rested my lips on my clasped hands. My eyes were darting from the TV to the door to the window. I rubbed my hair back and Jun patted my back. “Calm yourself,” he ordered and I instantly stopped shaking my leg. I took a deep breath and nodded.

“Sorry…” I mumbled. I stared at the TV screen but was too busy being lost in thought. I barely knew what the show was about when the doorbell finally rang. My biceps tightened and I stood up. Two of the most important people in my life are about to meet…and I called Sohyun and important figure in my life… Never mind that, I strode over to the door as Junhyung turned off the TV and stood up only weaving his fingers in his hair. He stood back there as I opened the door. Her smile was brighter than usual, her clothes was casual and laidback which caused me to feel a bit better. “Hey Sohyunie,” I opened my arms and she hugged me tightly.

“Hey Ilhoonie!” she kissed my cheek and I closed the door.

“This is my brother, Junhyung,” I held my arm out gesturing to my elder brother of four years. I looked up at my brother, but instead of seeing his warm and welcoming smile I saw a face of cold blankness. I snapped back at Sohyun and she wore the same expression. Her grip on my arm loosened, she looked like she was gonna be sick. “Wh-what’s wrong?” I stared at them from Junhyung to Sohyun.

“Is-is this a joke?” she questioned.

“What are you talking about?” she let go of my arm and backed up as if I was gonna hurt her. 

“Ilhoon, you never told me her name was Sohyun,” Junhyung muttered.

“Why does it matter? What’s going on?” I asked them, panic filling my gut. I knew something was gonna go wrong, just what the hell is it??

“Sohyun he genuinely likes you!” Jun turned to her.

“Kikwang didn’t set him up for this?!” Sohyun yelled and tightened her fist. Kikwang? As in…my hyung? And did Sohyun just yell? Since when did she yell?!

“Wait, when Kikwang had that break up last month,” I widened my eyes and turned to Sohyun, her eyes filling with different emotions. “And when you and your boyfriend broke up…”

“Ilhoon, I’ve met your brother before. When Kikwang and I were together…” oh !