The End?

Remember Us?

After 100 days, over 725 views, along with 22 loyal and trustworthy subscribers I'm ending Remember Us! I really liked this story, I never thought I'd actually stick around to finish it...I want to thank everyone and anyone who put time reading or stayed devoted, as an author, it touches me. Gamsahabnida! 

A/N: I'm not great at writing these kinds of scenes, and I always feel different about things when listening to music. I suggest the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCbQIAvj7-s  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPmX-K7eadM  http://www.youtube.com/watchv=Fnv1VG4HkiM  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG7smArZRfE

 

~~~~

 

June 22, 2013 (Drama…)

“ILHOON!” I jumped up, that yell actually knocked the drunk right out of me! I rubbed my sore eyes and blinked multiple times. Oh right, I was kidnapped and drunken up. I was sitting down on one of those couches in the club, a random chick was sitting in front of me, but the voice sounded familiar. It was the only thing that was heard in the club right now, as if it still echoed. I turned my head and saw an enraged Sohyun, oblivious with the fact I was basically stolen and drunk she ran out of the club making it return to its loud noisy atmosphere.

“Woah Sohyun!” I stood up and attempted to run after her but my sudden hangover-ness caught up with me and I was forced to balance out at the bar’s counter. What happened? I totally out after Jonghyun said he knew where Sohyun was. I saw Eunkwang and ran over to him. “What the Hell was that for man?! Getting me drunk, and now my girlfriend’s mad at me! What in the world did I do?!” I shouted at him, clinging onto him by his shirt collar. He held up his hands defensively as I tightened my grip on his neck.

“Dude, we had to get you down here! And besides, you’re at a club and your girlfriend’s mad at you what do you think your drunk self was doing?!” I threw him on the lit up dance floor and punched his jaw so hard my own hand stung a little. That bastard, what a ! I couldn’t take my anger on him though; I had to explain myself to Sohyun. I bolted out of the bar and jumped into my car, gearing it up and revving the engine. I drove out of that retched parking lot and pressed every speed limit to get back to my apartment. No elevator, do you see how many people are piling in there?! I then jumped up the stairs, heading to my floor and shoving my key into the lock. Oh come on, this can’t happen to me now! Not when I’ve worked so hard, so long, so exhaustingly to keep our relationship a secret and for us to stay intact! I pushed open the door, I only saw Aron Hyung sitting on the couch with a glum expression.

“DAMMIT!” I shouted and slammed the door shut, feeling the heat of anger pile up around my neck and in my face. I wanted to crawl up into a ball and cry tears of frustration; my heart was just b with guilt. Even if it wasn’t my fault, everyone else thought it was and I hurt Sohyun to who knows what kind of extent? Aron sighed and stood up.

“I wanted to hear your version of this story,” he mumbled and I stomped over, rubbing my face tiredly.

“It wasn’t my fault! I swear! Eunkwang and the guys kidnapped me and then they got me so drunk I couldn’t see my own hand!” I insisted and Aron calmed me down.

“I can tell, your face isn’t just red with anger,” he mumbled and walked over to the sink, grabbing a cup and filling it with iced coffee. “Have some, it’ll sober you up a little more,” he told me and I drank the bitter tasting liquid. The smell did open up my senses a little bit and I could think better but I was still hot and frustrated.

“Where’s everyone else?” I wondered with a sigh.

“The Noonas went back to their place, Hyungs went back to their apartment, Junhyung Hyung and Hara Noona didn’t say, and I don’t know where Sohyun went,” he listed and I stood up.

“I’m gonna find her,” I said and set down my glass.

“She didn’t want to talk to anyone, she was really upset dude,” Aron mumbled and took a gulp from the coffee. I looked down at my hand and twisted around the couple ring I got us for Christmas. I know where you went; please let me explain to you.

“I’ll make her talk," I muttered and strode out of the room, downstairs, heading to my car.  

She’ll be at the Han River, I know she will. We spent all of our important dates there; it was where we went on our first date, our 100th day, Valentine’s Day, and other things like that! Possibly where our last date’s gonna be…”No! Don’t think that way Ilhoon!” I smacked myself and parked in the closest spot near the green grass. Sohyun would understand, right? I mean, okay I don’t remember a whole lot but she can’t really think I’d cheat on her right? I ran out of my car, I already saw her sitting on the grass with her knees curling into her chest and her arms around them. “Sohyun!” she stood up and began to walk at the sound of my voice but I went after her. “Sohyunnie, come on,” I moaned and she stopped so I also stopped, to avoid getting on her bad side I stayed about half a foot away from her.

“Don’t call me Sohyunnie anymore, please,” she mumbled and stared down at her feet. I felt my lip quivering in sadness and wiped my eyes.

“Let me explain myself—,” she turned around and held up her hand to silence me.

“Look, you’d rather go back to your old self I get it. It’s much more fun drinking and clubbing than being in a relationship. Just because you changed your whole perspective on life, quit your smoking and drinking habits, dated me for nearly nine months, and told me that you loved me doesn’t mean what I thought it meant, words can be empty. I just wish that you would’ve just told me you didn’t want to go out anymore,” she muttered and I took her hand. As she spoke, it made my heart hurt to be honest with you. It couldn’t have been farther from the truth! I didn’t mean anything that I ever did to give her pain; I love her too much to do that.

“Sohyun I didn’t even—.” I stopped myself when she reached for her hand and took off the couple ring. I worked for it, I made sure no one else took it, I bid the highest even over its true price, and I put every ounce of love I had for her into it when I passed it onto her hand. I meant for it to last longer than this. She dropped it into my palm and I gulped back my emotions as I only stared at blankly. “You’re not gonna hear what I have to say before you break up with me?” I queried and she shook her head, sighing.

“There’s nothing to say anymore, people say that they only want what they don’t have. I didn’t think it’d take this long for someone to realize it,” she said and leaned forward, kissing my cheek. An abandoned, dreary, bittersweet kiss…

 

June 22, 2013 (Sohyun’s POV)

All I could do was be calm about it, I couldn’t make a scene and I couldn’t cry about a guy in public. I watched him leave in his car; he looked pissed after I gave him back the ring. Is it that hard for him to realize that I’m not the one? I had to go home; I could feel the water works coming on. Ugh, I guess it’d hard for me too…the Unnies would be home though I don’t want them to worry about me so much. I soaked the tears into my sleeve and tried not to think about it as I walked home, taking about 20 minutes. I distracted myself by looking at the sun, but it was a beautiful sunset orange and Ilhoon loved watching the sunset. I watched the cars drive by, until I noticed a long black car that reminded me of Ilhoon’s. My weak heart couldn’t take much more of it before I started bawling on the sidewalk, I was so glad I came back home! “Sohyun!”

“I need to go to my room right now,” I sniffled and ran off to my bedroom. I could feel the hot tears on my face, causing the dried up trail to feel like cold jabbing into my cheeks. I shut the door and let myself cry. It clenched up in my throat and in my chest it ached. I couldn’t breathe from the constant wailing and my nose being suddenly clogged up. Why is it so hard? No one should fall in love, it’ll only hurt. I wasn’t able to think much, it’s just one of those times when you’re so down and when you cry you just focus on crying. What did I do wrong? Can anyone tell me that? Was he getting bored, exhausted, or did he never really love me in the first place? “Oh God Sohyun you’re so pathetic…” I muttered to myself and I wiped my tears away with my fingers. I walked over and fell down on my bed to silently cry my heart out, each moment I cried I felt pain internally. You can’t really feel the pain, betrayal, heartache, or disappointment I feel unless you’ve actually experienced it. I want to listen to him, to let him speak for once, but then I might not let him go. He could convince me and make me forget, sometimes giving up is easier. But if I did forgive I would never forget and it would haunt me more than it does now. Let’s admit it, Sohyun, either path you chose he’s not gonna leave you alone. Ilhoon’s always gonna be there, in your head, in your dreams, in your eyes. You’re gonna hurt, you’re gonna cry, you’ll feel depressed day and night just because you let yourself fall in love with the wrong person. “I’m only a teenager, life will move on.” You say this out loud even when you know what Ilhoon did really stabbed you in the chest. Before you even started dating you knew what love was and what it could do to somebody. You knew love was reserved for those who deserved it, who really loved you back. You made such a mistake not once but twice with Kikwang and Ilhoon. You knew and are familiar with heartbreak, twice once again. Except this time it’s much tougher, you were so close to his family, to him, you were aware of him on a personal level. You could practically taste the engagement ring. “You just chose the wrong people, you never learn do you Sohyun?” I asked myself and sat up, wiping my tears once more. A lonely knock came from the door and nearly jumped up in surprise.

“Sohyun, are you okay?” Jiyoon Unnie inquired softly from behind. Be honest here, lying won’t be any better than telling the truth.

“Ani,” I responded and the word triggered some more tears and quiet cries. The door opened up and the four Unnies walked in, sitting on the bed, pulling up a chair or sitting on the floor to comfort me. I don’t like being pitied, only es do, but comfort is a different thing. I let my head rest on Hyuna Unnie’s shoulder as muffled cries came out. “Did I do something wrong?”

“Ani, ani you did nothing wrong. Some people are just twisted Sohyun, some people just don’t care,” Hyuna whispered.

“I still love him…” I whimpered with tears clouding my vision.

“We know, but you’ll find someone else Sohyun. Some who’ll treat you better—.” Jihyun Unnie started.

“I don’t want to find someone else, I think I’m better off being lonely,” I grumbled causing everyone to stay silent. If I stay alone, then I’ll be safe right?

 

June 22, 2013 (Ilhoon’s POV)

I stared up at the gloomy dark grey ceiling, feeling empty and cold both inside and out. Sohyun had packed up everything that was once meant for her to leave, everything of hers had disappeared. I held up my right hand, the ring finger holding my ring. I looked at my left hand, the ring finger holding Sohyun’s ring. I sighed at my stubbornness and pulled off both of the rings, placing them bock into the velvet box I once wanted to toss out. I my side so that the cool pillow sheet could tone down the agitating heat in my face. I wanted to sleep, but I wasn’t even a bit tired even after laying in here for so long. I sat up and pressed my back against the headboard. I looked to my left but Sohyun wasn’t there. I wanted to look downstairs on the couch but I knew she wouldn’t be there. I pulled up my phone and read our past texts like the lonely man I am. We were once cute, romantic, funny, and we could even tell when the other one was being sarcastic through a phone! I smiled depressingly as I knew how much I fell for her. This is the beginning of a sad life, Ilhoon…I heard the doorbell ring and I thrashed about in bed, tripping over my slick socks as I ran towards the door. Are you coming back? Will you please hear me out? I yanked the door open, full of anxiety, when my spirit fell. “I should kick you in the balls you bastards!” I hissed as Changseob, Peniel, and Hyunsik stood outside my door. I attempted to shut the door closed but Hyunsik put his hand out before I blew my top.

“Ilhoon, we’re sorry about what we did…” Peniel mumbled.

“Sorry?! My girlfriend dumped me today, she wouldn’t even listen to me just because you guys wanted some fun!” I yelled despite the late hour. The three of them flinched at my anger; I don’t get angry a lot when I’m around them. I only get angry when I’m really angry!

“Ilhoon, I’m sorry that happened. I’m sorry we’ve been real jerks while you were with your girlfriend, and I’m sorry you got dumped because of our childish needs. We just couldn’t wrap our heads around that you could have something more important than your friends, let alone a girlfriend. You just didn’t give off the “boyfriend” vibe, forgive us,” Changseob bowed as he handed me my cap with the gold tassel from this afternoon’s graduation.

“We knew you wanted to keep it,” Hyunsik mumbled and folded his hands behind his back. I stared at the cap, moving the tassel back and forth. They were truly sorry, in the group, if something happened only the people who felt guilty would apologize on the others’ behalf whether it is only one person or everyone except one person. Maybe, you can just forgive them this one time.

“Gomawo, night,” I whispered and closed the door lightly after they stepped quietly away. I left the cap on the ball of the stairs’ rail, I treasured the look for a minute and trudged back into bed. I exhaled deeply and thought about us at our finest, our best moments. When we were without pain or suffering or guilt or anxiety or depression. Do you remember us before that, Sohyun?

THE END…