The First Date

Remember Us?

Thanks to my next tow subscribers: yakzu04 & meldouche! Sorry I waited a while to update but here's the next installment! Hope you like it! 

 

~~~~

 

October 5, 2012 (After Call)

I honestly had no idea what to do for our date tomorrow and I can’t turn to my current hyungs for this! I looked towards my older brother, Yong Junhyung, since he’s softer on the subject of relationships. I live alone although my friends like to think the place is theirs and come in at just about any time. It used to be Junhyung’s apartment but now he and his girlfriend, Hara, share one. When I heard the doorbell signaling my brother’s visit I ran down the spiral staircase and pulled open the door. I saw my brother had brought a few friends as well. “Hyungs!” I smiled and Junhyung grinned.

“Yah, Dongsaeng ah, keeping the place clean after your eighteenth right?” Jun joked and the six of them walked inside.

“Ne, it’s not hard,” I shrugged and closed the door behind them. “Want anything?” I know I’m kind of a servant when it comes to my elders but that’s how I was raised!

“Do you have any alcohol?” Kikwang sat down at the marble island and I walked over to the cupboard. I heard that Kikwang just went through a break up a few days ago so I wasn’t surprised but he should get over it in a couple days like in the past.

“Shots?” I offered the rest.

“Me!” Doojoon shot his hand up and sat next to Kikwang. I saw that Doojoon dyed a small section of his gelled bangs green, probably to remind himself he’s still not a day over 20 even at 24. I poured the two shots of vodka and turned back to my situation.

“Hyung, I need help…dating wise,” I whispered. As I said so he chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

“Alright, let’s head upstairs we’ll talk there,” he pointed to the stairs and glanced back at his friends. “Don’t trash the place,” he warned them.

“Don’t worry!” Yoseob called back using his baby faced image to act cute. Dongwoon was awfully quiet, I mean, he’s still older than me he’s not the maknae in this house!

I opened up the door to the bedroom and Jun and I sat down on the white bed. “So, you want to go out with someone for once?” he smirked.

“It’s only until we do it, then I’m leaving,” I mumbled and he shrugged.

“Alright, so what’s up?” he leaned against the headboard while I sat at the edge.

“First date, what should I do?” I wondered as I played with my hands in my lap unconsciously, I was really nervous!

“When is it?” he stared up at the ceiling, probably wondering how I picked up a girl in less than a week, the last time we saw each other.

“Tomorrow at two,” I told him.

“Hm, it’s supposed to be one of the last days in the 70’s so why don’t you hang out at the Han and have a picnic since it’s at two?” he suggested.

“I can’t cook!” I reminded him with a slight laugh.

“I’ll get Hara to help you!” he offered and I raised an eyebrow. Oh, offering your girlfriend to help without her consent? You guys are that close huh?

“G-gamsahabnida, Hyung,” I smirked as he pulled out his phone.

“Ne, you want to make a good impression anyway,” Junhyung added and dialed his girlfriend’s number.

Junhyung and his pals left afterwards, Hara arrived about an hour later to help me make some things. I admit, Hara is attractive but she’s my brother’s girl so she’s my Noona. I had some difficulty learning how to do certain things that take a lot of time and patience since I’m kind of not a patient person but I got the hang of it. It was still late at night when Hara left, and I still had to repeat everything in the morning. Tell yourself something, why are you learning and doing things for a girl you just want to sleep with?...I don’t know…

The next morning I actually got up a little early and went downstairs to start cooking. I never get up early! Ask anybody who knows me! This was new and I’m pretty sure I could’ve fallen asleep again multiple times but I stayed up to make sure the food was decent enough.  I like looking my best all of the time but I felt like a girl when I was deciding on what to wear. I slipped on a red and white snapback, a plaid red and white long-sleeve shirt with a plain white tee underneath, and navy jeans. I slipped on matching sneakers and packed the food into a straw basket along with a mat. I didn’t notice how wide my smile was until I finished getting ready. Why so happy, Ilhoon? Don’t tell me you like this girl! Well, she is different than other girls, she didn’t wanna hook up or drink or smoke, and she’s in check of herself. She knows how to make a guy work. Guess I’m just tired of those . Remember that promise to yourself though, you’ve gotta drop her! I know…

I’m really into vintage cars so when I was 16 Junhyung went to America and he brought home a black 1957 Ford Fairline 500 Sunliner convertible! It was still in good shape I just had to wax it down.  I mean, I know I’m not supposed to drive yet but I can’t help it! I won’t get in trouble, I’ve been out before and I’m actually not that bad! I set the basket in the back seat and buckled up; feeling my hands shaking was new. I was actually excited for this; I guess I just liked her a little bit. A LITTLE BIT! Jeez, you find someone attractive and then you can’t stop thinking about them…

I arrived at her place, it was actually pretty nice! She said she had four older friends so they probably pulled it together. I tipped my cap a bit and jumped out of my house running towards the front door. I rang the doorbell and immediately a girl, that wasn’t Sohyun, answered. I was scared, she was actually kind of pretty…a lot of girls can’t pull off short hair but she played it off nicely! Uh, no don’t think about this chick. “Is Sohyun around?” I asked her.

“Oh right I thought you were familiar,” she grinned. “Come on in, she should be ready soon," I walked into the home looking around with interest.

“I like your guys’ place, better than mine,” I smirked as I walked through, taking off my shoes of course. As I turned around I saw three other girls, all of them were striking just like Sohyun. are all of them hot?!

“Sorry that’s Hyuna,” the girl with short hair pointed to one girl with crimped caramel hair and a terribly thick y vibe. “Gayoon,” the girl with curled torso length black hair glanced up and did a double take. “Jihyun,” now this girl looked a little bit like Sohyun except a bit older and more mature. “And I’m Jiyoon!” they all smiled nicely and I took a silent sigh. Don’t pay attention to their looks; you want to get with Sohyun.

“You look better without the suit,” Gayoon commented, right I had worn a suit the other night.

“I don’t dress up much so I guess that’s a reason,” I shrugged and looked around, searching for Sohyun.

“Sohyun will be down soon, she’s just nervous,” Jihyun said and I chuckled.

“So am I, I’ve never really taken out a girl before,” I confessed. Usually I meet up with a girl, flirt around for the day, and never see her again. This was the first time I wanted to go out with someone before.

“Kind of surprising…” Hyuna said.

“Well, I didn’t want to date anyone else until Sohyun came along.” It’s true, even if I only want her.

“Our little girl’s changing,” they all sighed and I smiled, my brother felt the same way when he gave me the keys to the apartment. He paused for a whole five minutes just to explain the complications and responsibilities of owning my own home! As I waited for Sohyun, the seconds ticked by and I began to get more and more anxious. I was only waiting for five minutes but it felt like five hours! When I heard footsteps coming from the stairs I looked in the direction, ready to scold, but for the first time ever: no words were able to come out. I was too busy smiling.

I mean, she wasn’t wearing anything revealing but she looked…natural. Oh my God my hyungs would die laughing if they heard me say that! I’m used to seeing girls that don’t cover up; Sohyun was dressed casually in jeans and a white long-sleeve which was a refreshing experience for me! She walked down the steps and hugged me quickly before I could try and get words out of my mouth. “Let’s go?” she looked at me sweetly and I just nodded. She’s already bossing me around! I liked it… “Where are we going?” she asked as we got into the car, not even questioning if I had a license or not.

“Uh, Han River. Hope you didn’t eat yet,” I gestured to the basket and she shook her head.

“You cook?” she raised an eyebrow and I chuckled.

“I kind of got a crash course the other night from my brother’s girlfriend,” I confessed but she only laughed.

“I didn’t think your brother would have a girlfriend,” she admitted, not a lot of people do either.

“Well, if you met me and then my brother he’s very different from who I am. But we look similar so at least you can guess,” I shrugged.

“So, I thought you said you were my age,” she added and I turned to look at her for a moment.

“Can this be a secret?” I pressed a finger to my lips gesturing her to be quiet and she smiled.

“Maybe,” she winked at me and I rolled my eyes. Aish this girl…

Once we arrived at the Han she took off running leaving me to race after her. “YAH! Slow down!” I shouted at her as I struggled with the basket. She looked back with a huge smile and her hair was flailing everywhere. I grinned; I liked the feeling of seeing her smile. This kind of happiness is awesome! She took off at a faster pace than before forcing to quicken myself to try and catch up. My heart was beating and my throat was already dry, I burst forward when she looked back at me again. You know what she did? She stopped and sent me flying onto the ground! The basket was fine, but I was breathing on the ground while Sohyun laughed like a maniac.

“Are you okay?” she asked but the laughter was heard. My heart was pounding in my chest, even more so when Sohyun laid beside me.

“You, ,” to her, it might mean that I didn’t like when she made me run after her. That’s not it, I didn’t like what she was doing to me overall. I usually am an easy person to get mad, not now. I am changing and I don’t know if it’s for better or worse.

I took out the mat which we sat on and we broke out the food. It was still warm which was a surprise to me but I think it tasted better warm. I was still having breathing issues so I stared at the sky taking it in. “Tired?” Sohyun asked and I nodded. “Open,” She encouraged so I opened my mouth and found her feeding me. Woah, am I actually liking this? What is this madness?! I went along with it though, since I like it so much. No one said to stop happiness because of your superstitions! I was actually enjoying the time with Sohyun; I don’t know why I didn’t try it before!

“Sohyunie?” she laughed.

“Sohyunie?”

“Ne, can I call you that now?” I wondered.

“Only if I can call you Ilhoonie,” she said.

“Deal,” I agreed with a smirk.

“You know I didn’t expect you to call?” she sighed after a moment of silence and I looked up at her.

“Why?” I wondered.

“You look like someone who doesn’t like to be tied down voluntarily,” she said, that was actually kind of true. I bit my lips as I thought about the veracity in what she just said, feeling a pinch of guilt in my stomach but pushed it aside.

“You’re different,” it wasn’t a lie, she was different from the girls I’ve met. You held me back from your unnies, if it was another girl who knows what I would’ve done?

“You seem different too, the good kind,” she smiled a little and I grasped the feeling of joy, I relished it. The desire was heavy, I accept it now. It’s the desire to be appreciated, to be finally thought higher of. Not to mention by someone I also adore…

When the food was finished we ran around in the open area since not many people were there. I got really close to Sohyun, we didn’t really get into the past but we had fun learning each other’s interests. I told her I didn’t smoke or drink too much and she thought I was lying. So when she said that she’s never drunk or smoked I called her a liar. Revenge! We were a very entertaining pair, it was amusing. I hope that this will last for a suffice amount of time, so I can get things over with and still have some fun.

The sun was slowly setting as I drove her back. i was blasting the radio and Sohyun was still laughing about my several mishaps throughout the river trip. First I fell on the grass, then I almost choked on food, another I nearly plunged into the water from a push, and so on. I was rolling my eyes at her as she laughed at me, but I enjoyed the little banter we were going through. She had time to breathe when we arrived back at her place, I parked in front and looked at her. “I’ll walk you in,” I offered and we jumped out of the car. We held hands as we walked down the path and paused when we got to the door.

“I had a great time, Ilhoon,” she said and pushed back her hair. The door light was shining on her so well, it made me smile again.

“Me too, Sohyunie,” I said cheekily making her giggle. “Can I see you tomorrow?” I asked.

“I don’t know, I’m lazy,” she sighed and gently leaned into my chest, automatically making me hold onto her. I haven’t hugged someone besides family in a really long time…earlier she hugged me.

“We don’t have to do anything, I just wanna spend time with you,” all of that slipped out of my mouth. Oh! Earlier you couldn’t say a word and now you’re spitting them out! Sohyun looked up at me, surprised and touched.

“Really?” she asked in disbelief.

“Ne!” I nodded.

“Okay, I’m warning you though I might just be in my pajamas,” she added and I shrugged.

“Then I’ll come by in my PJ’s, arreso?” I grinned a little and she copied me.

“Arreso,” she agreed and I quickly kissed her cheek.

“I’ll come by at two! Bye Sohyunie!” I declared as I frantically ran back to my car. Did I just kiss her on the cheek?! Yes, yes you did. That day was officially the oddest, nerve-racking, experience I’ve ever been in. I learned a lot, like how I do have the tiniest of feelings of affection still in me.