Flunking My Senior Year

Beautiful Soul

 

That Bald Hypocrite Told Everything To Dad. And After Talking About It, They Decided To Let Me Repeat 12th Grade.

Was He Out Of His Mind? If He'd Just Convinced My Dad To Let Me Graduate, He Would've Made It Whole Lot Easier For Both Of Us: I Wouldn't See Him, And He Wouldn't See Me. We Both Would've Been Happy.

Let Me Repeat Another Year? Was That Old Dude On Rehab? Doesn't He Know That Nobody Wants Me Around?

Summer Vacation Already Past; It Wasn't Even Exciting, Because I Knew That I Had To Go To School.

Now I Have To Go To Sleep Early, When I Could've Stayed Up Late, Doing Nothing...

I Stomped Downstairs To My Parent's Room, Ready To Complain About Repeating My Senior Year When I Saw My Parents, Kneeling By The Window Pane, Murmuring Prayers And Whispering Chants I Never Understood.

Both Of My Parent's Eyes Were Shut Tight. There Were Beads Of Perspiration Trickling Down Their Heads And Onto Their Necks...

I Spotted a Tear Rolling Down Mom's Cheeks; It Was Gleaming Silver From The Moon Outside The Window, Shining Ever So Brightly.

Dad's Fingers Were Intertwined So Tight With Each Other That It Looked Like His Blood Circulation Wasn't Working Correctly; His Fingers Were Bright Purple, His Knuckles Ash White.

They Were Mumbling So Low That I Couldn't Hear, But I Could Read Their Lips.

My Breath Turned Shaky, And I Trembled As I Climbed Upstairs As Softly As I Can.

I Didn't Know How I Would Ever Manage To Fall Asleep With So Much Guilt I'm Feeling At This Moment.

 

"Good Morning, Dear."

"Morning." I Sighed.

Dad Smiled At Me Warmly, But I Could Trace A Sympathetic Look On That Smile. His Eyes Were Stern.

"If I Ever Catch You Leaving School Early..." He Trailed Off, Cracking His Knuckles.

"Darling!" Mom Cried, Looking Horrified.

Dad Cleared His Throat. "What I Meant To Say Is," He Corrected Himself, Coughing. " That Both Of Us Know That Your School Ends At 4:00, Not 11:00."

Drats.

Mom Looked At Me With A Weary Smile. "If I Hear That You Don't Know What You're Learning At School Again, You'll Be Grounded, Understand?"

"Bye Mom."

I Was Turning On The Door Knob When Mom Hurried To Me, Her Face Smug.

"Your Back Pack?"

I Bit My Lip. "Uh, Yeah. Habit."

She Put Her Hands To Her Hip. "I Will Be Asking Principal Kim About You Every Day."

I Swung My Back Pack Over My Shoulders. "Guess I Can't Ditch School Anymore." I Told Her.

I Sat On My Motorcycle, And Wore My Helmet.

I Looked At My Reflection From A Mud Puddle Besides The Motorcycle. Exhaustion Was Written All Over My Face, My Shoulders Were Limp.

My School Hours Have Increased From 3 Hours To 8 Hours.

 

Nothing Changed, Really, Except For The Fact That There Were Less Holes Burning In The Back Of My Head.

It Was Nice.

Learning, Was Actually Not Bad, Since There Was Nobody To Distract Me By Whispering, Giggling, Or Pointing At Me.

It Turns Out: Mom Was Right, Ceramics Had Nothing To Do With Math, But I Wasn't In Pre Calculus. Go Figure, But I Wasn't Even In Geometry.

It's Embarrassing To Say, But I Was In Algebra.

I Still Get Giggles From The 'New' Seniors. I Guess They Heard I Was Repeating 12th Grade.

But Hey; I Was Born On December 27th, Less Than A Month Older Than Those Who Were Born On January.

People Continuously Ignored Me, But I Was Fine With That.

 

It Was During My 2nd Class When A Dude Decided To Talk To Me.

"Can I Borrow A Pencil?"

I Looked At Him, Weird. Didn't He Know I Never Bring Pencils To School?

"Hey, You Could Borrow Mine, That Guy's An , Don't Talk To Him!" Hollered A Voice From The Opposite Side Of The Room.

A Pencil Flew Through The Air, And Landed Perfectly, In The Middle Of My Text Book.

I Cracked My Head, Not Sure If It's Worth Cussing Out In Front Of The Teacher.

"Sorry Man, Soo Hyun's Kind Of Edgy Ever Since He Broke Up With Girlfriend Last Year," The Midgit Told Me.

"Probably Because He's An ." I Replied.

"I'm Jang Wooyoung." "Ok Taecyeon." I Smiled Wryly.

I Still Hate School, But Right Now, It Didn't Seem So Bad.