Bae Suzy

Beautiful Soul

"She'll Be Staying With Us For A Couple Of Weeks." Mom Replied Carefully.

"Weeks?" I Asked Wearily.

"Months." She Corrected Herself.

"Months." I Repeated.

Mom Smiled Weakly. I Tried Not To Sound Too Mad.

"Where Is She Going To Sleep?" I Asked Casually.

"In Our Best Guest Room, The One Next To Your Room." Mom Answered Proudly.

"I Thought That Was Going To Be The Baby's Room." I Snapped.

Mom Patted Her Round Stomach That She Has Been Carrying Around For Eight Months.

"The Baby Could Go In The Other Guest Room." Mom Said.

This Was All Too Crazy To Be Real.

 

"Excuse Us." I Told Bae Suzy.

I Dragged Mom All The Way Upstairs, To My Room.

"When Did This Happen; How Come None Of You Bothered To Tell Me?" I Demanded.

"We Were Planning This A Week Ago." Mom Muttered. "I Thought It Would Be A Pleasant Surprise."

Pleasant Surprise; My .

"This Is Invading My Personal Privacy," I Said Through Clenched Teeth.

"I Needed Help." Mom Said Firmly.

"What Help Would She Give You?" I Asked, A Bit Louder Than Planned.

"Her Parents Are Our Close Friends," Mom Started. "And Ever Since I Was Pregnant, I Need Rest. I Need Help With Some House Chores, Which You Never Bother To Do." She Reminded Me.

"Why Did She Come Here?" I Asked.

Mom Touched Her Round Stomach, Avoiding My Question. I Knew This Was Bad; She Was Pregnant, She Needed Rest. If I Pushed Her Too Hard, She Would Start Bawling. But I Really Felt Like I Needed To Know The Answer.

"Why Did She Come, Mom?" I Repeated, Softer This Time.

"Her Parents Are Having A Hard Time With The Tax. They Want To Work Full Time, But They Can't, With A Child In The House." Mom Answered, Quivering.

"Why Not? Most Kids Stay Home Alone. She Doesn't Even Look Like The Type Who Throws A Party After Their Parents Are Gone From The House-"

"Tax Collectors Are Scary Human Beings. They're Thirsty For Money, Taecyeon. They'll Hunt Her Down If They Can't Find Her Parents."

I Stared Up At The Ceiling.

"Just Ignore Her. Pretend She Doesn't Exist. If She Wants To Start A Conversation With You, Just Be Polite. You Could Do That, Can't You?" Mom Pleaded.

I Bit My Lip So Hard, It Bled.

"Whatever." I Commented.

"Thank You." Mom Sighed.

Mom Straightened Out Her Dress, And Left The Room, To Downstairs. I Followed Her Behind.

"Are You Going Somewhere?" I Asked.

"I Decided To Visit My Friends," She Replied.

"You Want Me To Be Alone In The House. With Her." I Said, Glaring At Mom.

She Looked At Me Apologetically. "We Haven't Met For A Month Now. I Can't Cancel It All Of A Sudden."

"I'm Hungry." I Told Her.

"Order A Pizza." She Responded Before Walking Out Of The House.

 

I Sat On The Diner Table, Not Sure Of What To Do.

Mom Didn't Even Leave Me Cash For My Dinner, And I've Spent My Weekly Allowance On The Korean Barbeque.

Someone Tapped Me On My Shoulder; I Flinched.

"Would You Like Some Dinner?" Bae Suzy Asked.

"Yes." I Said Matter Of Factly.

I Paused For A Moment. "Please." I Added.

I Watched Bae Suzy Leave To The Kitchen.

I Took Out My Cell Phone. I Had A Lot Of Texting To Do With Wooyoung.

 

Bae Suzy Came Out Of The Kitchen, With Two Plates Of Omurice On The Tray.

We Haven't Ate Homemade Food In Months, Ever Since Mom Was Pregnant.

Bae Suzy Set The Plates Onto The Table, And Neatly Placed Napkins And Forks Beside It.

It Was All Too Awkward.

She Ate Her Food Slowly, Chewing At Least Sixty Four Times Before Swallowing.

I Finished My Food In Less Than A Minute.

"I'll Just Leave This In The Sink," I Told Bae Suzy.

I Felt Sort Of Bad, Having Her To Do All This Work When She's Not Even Our Maid, Or Anything.

But I've Never Done Chores Before, Much Less Washing Dishes.

 

I Looked Outside The Window, And Noticed Snow Flakes Floating In The Air.

The Streets And The Roads Were Pure White And Silver, Not A Footprint To Be Found, Since Nobody Goes Out At This Time.

"I'm Going To Take A Walk."

Bae Suzy Was Dressed In A Bright Yellow Coat, Gray Muffler, And A Black Beanie.

"That's Insane. Do You Know What Time It Is?" I Asked Her.

"I'll Be Back Quickly." She Replied.

I Watched Her Put On Her Winter Boots.

"Wait!" I Called After Her, Exasperated. "I'm Going With You."

Suzy Half-Grinned As I Struggled To Put On My Winter Sweater; My Head Was Too Big.

"And Now You're Laughing At Me." I Complained.

Suzy Bit Her Bright Pink Lips To Keep Her From Laughing. "Let's Go."

 

It Was Really Cold.

Bae Suzy's Pale Skin Turned Paler, If It Was Even Possible.

My Eyes Felt Like It Would Turn White.

I Loved Walking In This Weather.

We Didn't Really Talk; Just Walked On The White Ground, Trying To Enjoy Each Other's Company.

We Weren't Really Much Of A Company, But It Was A Bit Better Than Walking Alone.

It Didn't Bother Me. I Wasn't In The Mood To Talk To Anyone.

I Guess It's Really Wrong Of Me To Dislike Bae Suzy. She Didn't Do Anything Bad To Me- Just Made Me Dinner And Washed My Dishes.

But Because Of Her, It Feels Like I'll Be In Trouble Multiple Times In School.

What If Somebody Starts A Scandal About Me And Her Living Together?

And What If Her Tax Collectors Hurt Me Because I'm Living In The Same House As Her?

And That Thing About Kim Soo Hyun...

I Tried Really Hard Not To Blame Bae Suzy For All This, But It's Really Hard.

My Life Was Already Screwed, And She Just Complicated It.

The Lamps By The Street Were Going Off, One By One. It Was 11:00PM.

"Let's Go Home." I Muttered.

I Trudged Back Home With A Load Of Stress; Bae Suzy Following Me Behind.

 

Mom Was Still Not Done Gossiping With Her Friends, And Dad Called Home To Say He'd Stay At Work For A Day.

I Guess We'd Be Home Alone Today.

The Fireplace Was On, The Flames Were Blending With The Colors Orange, Red, And Yellow.

I Was Enjoying The Room's Warmth As I Was Trying To Understand An English Novel Called, "Hamlet."

I Didn't Understand Any Part Of It, Of Course, But I Thought Pretending To Read A Books Sounds Less Dumber Than Staring At The Wall.

Because I'm Such A Low Life.

I Finally Closed The Book To Find Bae Suzy Giving Me A Weird Look.

"You Read Hamlet?"

"None Of Your Business," I Snapped At Her.

She Looked At Me Cheekily.

"I Read Hamlet," I Lied.

"Right." She Muttered, Unconvinced.

I Stared Up At The Clock. It Was Midnight, And We Had School Tomorrow.

I Stood Up To Go To Bed When I Saw Bae Suzy Dozing Off On The Sofa.

I Hesitated Before Placing A Blanket Over Her Body; After All, It Gets Cold When The Fire's Off.

I Noticed She Was Mumbling About Apples In Her Sleep.

What A Weird Kid.

I Felt My Eyelids Droop Lower.

I've Never Felt This Tired In My Whole Entire Life...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello Dudes And Dudettes!

Yes, I Updated Late, And I'm Sorry About This.

I'll Tell You When I'll Exactly Update: Monday, Wednesday, And Friday.

And For People Who Loves To Read Dream High, Fly High, I'll Be Updating Two Chapters Every Saturday.

Thank You For Waiting Patiently.

Suzy Will Be Coming In A Lot More Often...  :)

I Appreciate Your Comments; And I'm Glad People Like My Fanfictions.

Once Again, Thank You For Your Support, And I Apologize For Late Update.

Love You Guys,

MissBeautiful<3