Chapter 27

Sun-kissed

"Where's hyung at?" Seungri asked as he approached the steps to the jacuzzi. He was carrying a bottle and the last of several wine glasses.

Ji-Na shrugged her shoulder, taking the bottle from him.  "I have no idea.  I know Jiyong was changing."

They glanced over their shoulders as the sliding glass doors opened.  Jiyong and Youngbae approached the spa and set their towels on a bench next to everyone else's.  Youngbae climbed in first, keeping his shades and baseball cap on. He chose the seat furthest away from the girls, right next to the exit.

"Want a drink?" asked Seungri, holding out an empty glass towards him.

"More drinking?" Youngbae replied, his eyebrow lifting.

Although Amina couldn't see his eyes, she felt his gaze and some of his comment directed towards her.  She looked away and took a long swallow of her wine.

"You guys didn't want to turn on the entertainment system?" asked Jiyong, climbing in.

"Oh," replied Hanna sheepishly.  "We didn't know how..."

"Here.  I'll show you."

Ji-Na stepped aside to allow Jiyong to pass through. She took a seat next to Youngbae, allowing Seungri and Amina to sit in the middle seats of the spa that faced each other.

"Oppa?  Could you do me a favor and put some lotion on my back?"  Ji-Na stood halfway up and leaned out of the tub to grab a bottle of suntan lotion, her glorious bottom sticking up for all to see.  

Amina pressed her lips to keep from smiling at Seungri's wild eye expression.  He caught her eyes twinkling at him and blushed.

The stereo speakers blasted on, playing a hip-hop track.

"Yay... so just hit this button?" Hanna asked Jiyong once again, pointing at the system.

"Neh..."

They turned and sank down into their seats.  Jiyong flipped through a few channels on the television while Hanna grabbed her drink off the ledge.  She saw Ji-Na clinging to the side of the jacuzzi, her bottom still high in the air.  She turned her questioning gaze towards Amina.

Amina shrugged her shoulders.

"Here you go oppa." Ji-Na handed Youngbae the bottle.  She presented her back to him and ducked her head. 

Hanna looked up, checking the heavily grey overcast sky.  She rolled her eyes.

Amina grinned to herself.

"Hyung, could you do my back too?" asked Seungri, presenting his back towards Youngbae.

"Yah!" Youngbae warned, smacking the maknae in the back. "You can do your own back." He capped the bottle and tossed it towards Seungri.

Amina couldn't look away fast enough as Youngbae rubbed his hands together and gently spread lotion on Ji-Na's back.  A little spurt of jealously ran through her as she watched them from the corner of her eyes.  She glanced away, pretending to watch the television screen instead.  She caught Seungri slightly pouting, the bottle of suntan lotion in his hands.

"Here Seungri," Amina coaxed.  She set her drink on the ledge and grabbed the bottle from his hands.  "I'll put some on your back."

Seungri started to shake his head slightly, mentally wishing he hadn't made that comment earlier.  He really didn't need his back protected from the sun.  No, if he allowed Amina to rub his back, he would have a different type of Sol to worry about. He could already feel hyung's burning gaze on him.

"Aniyo," Seungri begged off, grabbing the bottle back from Amina.  "That won't be necessary.  I can put it on myself."

"Ani," Amina insisted, tightening her hold.  She yanked the last of it from his hands, staring him down with a determined glint in her eye.  "I'll put it on.  Turn around."

Seungri hesitated slightly before turning around.  He backed up until he was directly in front of her. 

They sat facing the other couple, with Ji-Na and Seungri sitting nearly face to face. Amina poured a quarter-sized amount of lotion in her hands, recapping the bottle gently before setting it on the ledge behind her.  She warmed up the lotion in her hands and started rubbing it over Seungri's exposed upper back and shoulders.  Upon her touch, he let out a long sigh of satisfaction.

Youngbae dropped his right arm in the water and raised it dramatically as he pointed to the suntan lotion bottle.  The movement splashed water in Seungri's face, causing the maknae to sputter and jerk back towards Amina. "Could you pass me the bottle please?"

Amina looked up and flinched as some of the water hit her as well.  Her eyes turned wary, uncertain of whether or not to be offended by his actions. She pressed her lips together and reached behind her for the bottle.  Amina continued to rub Seungri's back with her left hand while the other stretched out the bottle towards Youngbae, waiting for him to accept it.

But he never reached for it.  Amina looked up, catching his stare.  He sat there, looking at the bottle, not bothering to meet her halfway.  It was obvious that he wanted her to get up from her seat and bring it to him. 

She felt herself become annoyed.  Amina tossed the bottle as close as she could towards his head.  It plopped heavily next to his shoulder, water splashing him in the face.  She tensed.

Youngbae shook his head, rubbing his hand over his face.  He stood halfway up out of his seat, before realizing where he was at.  He sat back down, his jaw working in taut motions.

Amina looked away and concentrated on Seungri's back.

"Here oppa, let me do your back now," Ji-Na beamed at Youngbae once he finished her back.  She held out her hand for the bottle, waiting for him to comply.  His eyes were on Amina, gauging her reaction.

Amina ignored him, finishing up Seungri's back.  She sank back in the water once she was done and closed her eyes.

"Oppa?" Ji-Na prompted once more.

Youngbae handed Ji-Na the bottle, giving her his back. She began rubbing him down, humming to herself.  Once she finished with his upper back, Ji-Na started to apply some lotion along his shoulders, over his arms.  Ji-Na squealed in alarm, causing everyone to look her way.

"Oppa!  What happened to your arm?" Ji-Na exclaimed. She tenderly touched his left tricep, noticing several red welts and gashes.

Amina immediately opened her eyes. 

"Oh," Youngbae replied, looking down at his arm.  "Just a little accident.  It's nothing," he murmured.

"O-oppa!" Ji-Na wailed.  She hugged his arm in-between her s and put her head on his shoulder.  "Oppa needs to be more careful next time." She sniffed.  "I don't like seeing my oppa get hurt."

Amina flinched. She looked over at Seungri, her eyes visibly in pain.  Seungri creased his eyebrows at her, his mouth compressed in worry. He apologized with his eyes, but Amina looked away from all of them, closing her eyes once more.

They all lounged around the jacuzzi, listening to music and talking.  Amina felt herself falling asleep, her body finally relaxing against the water currents.  She opened her eyes with a start when she heard her name called.

"So Mimi," Ji-Na said, "I don't want this to sound odd, but your face looks very familiar to me.  You said you were a medical student?"

"Neh unnie," Amina replied politely. "I'm almost done with my second year now."

"Hmm..." Ji-Na murmured to herself.  "I swear though... I've seen your face from somewhere."

"She does some promotional work for us," piped up Hanna.

"You model?" Ji-Na asked, her face brightening.  "I didn't know you were a model."

Amina half-smiled.  "It's not something I usually talk about."

"There are a lot things Mimi doesn't talk about," jabbed Youngbae quietly, his neck resting against the head cushion.

Amina's smile faltered, her eyes dimming.  "I just help out every once in awhile."

"Oh," Ji-Na replied, her face losing some of its animation upon seeing Amina's reaction. She gave Youngbae a disapproving look.

Seungri pulled out another of wine bottle, peeling the foil back from the top.  Uncorking the bottle, he filled himself another glass.  "Do you want some more?" he asked Amina.

She shook her head, tired from all the afternoon tension. 

"Are you sure you don't want some more?" Youngbae asked her, his voice condescending.

Amina ignored him and stood up.  She looked over at Hanna's inquiring gaze.  "I'm feeling a little tired.  I'm going to my room to rest a bit."

"Okay," Hanna replied, unaware of the changes in Amina's demeanor.  She looked at Jiyong's sleeping form in front of her.  "I think we're all feeling the effects of last night." She smiled at Amina.  "Rest up!  Unnie's taking us out tonight!"  She gazed at Ji-Na.

Ji-Na smiled.  "That's right!  We'll go hit the bars around town tonight... show off your new dance moves!"

Amina smiled back weakly.  "Sure..."  She tried to wade past Youngbae towards the exit, but his legs were blocking her way.  She waited for him to move, but he continued to lay there, with his arms crossed over his chest and his sunshades on. 

Amina sighed under her breath.  There was no way around him.  She would need to make a leap or beg him to move out of the way.  Amina gingerly lifted her right foot and stepped over his legs, cringing inside for her rude etiquette.  She placed a foot on the first step leading out of the jacuzzi and leaned over, grabbing onto the ledge to pull propel herself forward.

Her foot slipped.  She felt herself fall back into the water, landing in Youngbae's lap.  She flailed her arms in another attempt to grip the edge, causing water to splash at the people closest to her.  Amina felt her cheeks heat upon feeling him underneath her, his arms assisting her up.  "Mianhae!" Amina gasped, looking at both Youngbae and Ji-Na.  She'd never been so embarrassed in her life. She bowed several times to them, her face fully red.

"Didn't your parents tell you never to walk over someone?" Youngbae sneered under his breath so only she could hear.  "Or do you not listen to your parents at all?"

His comment hit home. She felt her lips quiver under his onslaught.  Amina looked at Ji-Na's appalled expression, misunderstanding her reaction.  "Mianhae..." Amina apologized once more, pushing off him.  She gripped the edge firmly this time and pulled herself out.

She walked over to the bench and grabbed her towel, immediately finding comfort in the warmth of the soft cloth.  As cold as the weather was outside, it couldn't compare to the chills she felt from within.  Amina turned around when she heard her name called.

"What are we eating tonight Mimi?" asked Ji-Na. "I was thinking soondubuchigae."

"Mmm... that sounds good," Hanna remarked.  "Mimi, you still remember your mom's recipe?"

"Neh," Amina replied, drying her hair. "I think so..."

"And could you make it extra spicy?" Ji-Na asked.  "I love it with a little bit more spice."

"Neh unnie."  Ji-Na smiled her thanks as Amina pulled on her white terry robe and carried her towel inside the building.  She headed straight to her room for a hot shower and changed into yoga pants and a plain white t-shirt.  But instead of laying down for a nap, she headed back towards the resting room to start the soft tofu stew for dinner.

Amina busied herself in the kitchen, pulling out vegetables and spices needed for the stew.  As she was making a new batch of rice, the others piled into the building one after the other.

"Mimi," Ji-Na called to her.  "You're not sleeping?" Youngbae slowed his walk behind her, the sight of Amina up catching him by surprise.

"Oh," Amina replied.  She shook her head slightly.  "The stew takes awhile, so I thought I better start on it now."

"Okay," Ji-Na said.  "Let us know if you need any help."

"Neh." Amina nodded her head and turned around, moving further into the kitchen.


Youngbae hesitated while the others left; listening to Amina as she brought out more pots and pans to prepare dinner.  He watched Ji-Na leave, knowing full well that she wouldn't be back until dinner was ready.  A guilty feeling swept over him, knowing it was wrong for Amina to cook dinner all by herself for them. He headed towards his room to change.

When he came back down, Youngbae found Amina and Seungri in the kitchen together, their heads bent over the pot.  He watched as Seungri said something to her, causing Amina to laugh and smile.  Seungri lifted his wine glass and topped it off, drinking deeply.  She gestured towards him with the soup spoon.  He nodded his head.

Youngbae felt his stomach clench as Amina fed Seungri a taste of the tofu stew.  She quirked her head to the side and smiled, waiting for Seungri's reaction.  "Is it good?" he could hear her ask.  Seungri made an exaggerated gesture showing his pleasure.  She laughed and hit him on the chest, moving away towards the sink.

He stood for a few moments, watching the pair interact.  He could see how easy going and happy she was when she wasn't around him.  Like she used to be before... Before he confronted her about her fiancé.  The memories brought back bitter feelings.  He clenched his jaw, suddenly glad that he hadn't offered to help.  He walked off towards the entertainment room, away from their laughter.


"Mmm... Mimi, thanks for dinner.  The stew was really good!" exclaimed Ji-Na.

"I'm glad you liked it unnie," smiled Amina.  "It was my mother's recipe... and," Amina paused, counting her fingers.  "Probably only one of five dishes I know how to make," she laughed.

They began clearing the table. Amina picked up the dishes and rinsed them off, carefully stacking them inside the dishwashing machine.  She took the stack of dishes from Youngbae's hands, not bothering to look up at him.  So far, dinner had been uneventful and she didn't have to speak to him directly.  She hoped she could keep it that way for awhile.  His last comment stung and now... Now she didn't even care to explain herself to him anymore. 

"Seungri... you don't look so good," commented Jiyong.  The maknae was quiet throughout dinner, speaking only when spoken to and not eating much. "How much have you drunk today?"

Seungri's red-shot eyes looked up, as he mentally counted the bottles of wine he had consumed today.  "Three... maybe four bottles?"

"Aigoo..." Jiyong exclaimed.  He shook his head.  "You better stay home tonight then."

"Hyung!"

"Ani... you're staying in. And that's that." 

Seungri's crestfallen face was not lost on Amina.  "I'll stay in with you Seungri."

"Mwuh?" Ji-Na replied.  "Ani... He's just going to fall asleep here in a few minutes.  Just come out with us tonight!"

It was true.  Amina could tell how sleepy Seungri looked.  "It's alright unnie," Amina replied.  She dried her hands on a towel.  "I don't have anything to wear anyway." She looked over at Hanna.  "We really hadn't planned on going out at night."

Hanna sheepishly shrugged her shoulder. "Mianhae... I did bring a dress, just in case."  Of course she did.  Hanna was always prepared.

Ji-Na chimed in.  "I have something you can wear. I'll let you borrow it."

Amina felt their expectant eyes on her.  She looked over at Seungri.  "You shouldn't be alone if you're not feeling well, Seungri."

"It's alright," he replied.  "You go on with them.  I'm just going to sleep this off." He smiled and lifted his finger to pin a strand of hair behind her ear.  "Just don't forget about me while you're out there."

She grinned at his teasing.  "Never," she replied.

Youngbae roughly laid a few more dishes on the counter, the noise jarring the two apart.  He stalked off upstairs while his audience watched him in silence.

Ji-Na's voice wavered.  "Well... I'll just bring the dress by later."  She had a worried look on her face as she made her way to her room.

"Okay unnie," Amina replied, confused. 


There was a knock.

Amina walked over and slowly opened the door.

"Here's the dress!  I think it'll fit you.  It runs a little tight..." Ji-Na murmured, her eyes traveling up and down Amina's body. "Oh, and the shoes!" She pulled them out of the box that she was carrying and moved them onto the bed.

Amina pulled out the ombre Herve Leger bandage dress from the protective bag.  It ranged in shades of grey to black and was in the designer's infamous cut, meant to cling to every curve.  The front was full coverage, just as Amina liked, but the length...

"Unnie, where's the rest of the dress?" Amina worried.

Ji-Na laughed.  "That is the dress."  She saw the doubtful expression on Amina's face.  "Well, I had it altered a little..."

"Into what?  A shirt?" Amina exclaimed.

"It'll look great on you!  Trust me."

"I think this dress requires special underwear or something.  I mean, how can you..." Amina pondered, turning the dress around.

The door to Youngbae's room opened.  Sounds of him shuffling in the hallway could be heard.

Ji-Na started to back out of the room.  "Look, Youngbae's done," she commented as he did his best to walk past them unnoticed. "If he's done, that means we've taken way too long," she grinned.  "Just put it on and come out!"  She shut the door behind her.

Ottoke?

She could hear Hanna's voice joining Jiyong's down the hallway.  They would be waiting on her now.  Left with no choice, she hastily put on the dress, zipping the back as best as she could. She didn't even want to look in the mirror.  She could already feel that it was way too short, the hem riding high mid-thigh.  Amina quickly grabbed the shoes and pulled them on, grateful that they fit comfortably at least.  That was one thing she wouldn't have to worry about tonight.

Amina turned off the lights in her room and shut the door.  She kept checking the dress, pulling it down as she walked the hallway and stairs, down to the foyer.  Everyone turned when they heard her approach. 

"Omo! You look amazing!" cried Ji-Na, her hands clasped in joy.

Hanna grinned.  She hadn't seen Amina in anything this short and y in awhile.  "I like it."

Youngbae turned around and visibly paused.  He pressed his lips together, not saying a word.

Amina tugged at the bottom of the skirt.  "It's a little short though..."

"Nonsense!" replied Ji-Na.  She looked at Amina up and down.  "Well... just don't bend over," she joked.

Amina grinned at her but still felt uneasy inside.  Although she hadn't expected him to, Youngbae hadn't said a word to her.  His silence was just as bad as when he was spewing hurtful comments to her.  She mentally sighed to relax herself.

"Are we all ready to go?" asked Jiyong as he walked into the hallway.  He stopped and smiled at Amina.  "You look nice."

Amina smiled and bowed deeply as she could.  "Kamsahamnida..."

Jiyong smiled.  "I think we're just going to take one car, since its just the five of us."

They headed towards the garage where an inconspicuous Hyundai sedan was parked, warming up. 

"I'm sorry guys," Hanna said.  "I have to sit in the front because I get car sick easily."

"Do you need a goodie bag now or later?" joked Jiyong, earning him a death glare. Those two got into the car, bickering quietly among themselves.

Youngbae held out the passenger back door, waiting for Ji-Na to enter.  She smiled at him.  "Go ahead Oppa. I like to sit next to the window."

"Well, so do I," he chuckled at her, earning him a disapproving look.

"I'll sit in the middle," Amina sighed, ready for the night to start and be over with. She quickly moved towards the open door, ducking her head down as she entered.  She sat down and the dress rode a few inches higher up her thigh.  She tugged it down as she scooted towards the middle hump in the back, keeping both of her legs tucked sideways on one side of the back passenger space.

Ji-Na climbed in after her, while Youngbae went around the other side and sat in the passenger's seat behind the driver.  His shoulder brushed up against hers as he sat down.  Amina tried to sit up and away from him as far as she could, but it was hard considering she was seated at an odd angle.

They drove for about thirty minutes through the winding mountain roadways before any signs of civilization could be seen.  The left side of her body ached with her efforts to keep away from Youngbae.  Amina tried to block him out, but it was hard.  Whenever Jiyong made a turn, Youngbae would lean into her or she would brush up against him.  The fact that he also smelled so good tonight didn't help matters.  She was relieved when they finally reached their destination.

It was a hole-in-the-wall.  There was no other explanation for the shoddy rundown bar that sat before them.  Oddly enough, the place was mildly packed.  Hanna glanced over at Jiyong.  "Is this the place?"

He grinned.  "Welcome to Pocheon."  He saw her shocked expression and laughed.  "C'mon, just give it a try."  He opened his car door and waited for the others to follow.

A waitress immediately recognized him and smiled nervously.  She gave them a table in the back, away from the on-lookers and took down their drink orders.  The place was large and dark enough that many people didn't even notice their presence.

"Mind if I smoke?" Jiyong asked.  They all shook their heads as he lit up a cigarette.

They sat and drank for awhile before Ji-Na had enough.  "Let's dance!" She tugged on Youngbae's hand, pulling him up with her.  A jukebox played nearby on the dance floor where several people were dancing.  Although the place appeared old, at least their selection of music was up to date.

"Let's go!" Hanna urged, pulling Jiyong with her.  He stubbed out his smoke and followed her to the dance floor. Amina smiled at them, watching as they danced about together.  Left alone, Amina forced herself to enjoy the night and sipped on her water.  The waitress appeared at her side. "Umm... mam?" she asked.

"Neh?" Amina looked up.

"There's a gentleman here that would like to buy you a drink.  But he wanted to know if you would mind sitting with him at the bar?"

Amina glanced behind her to see a guy in his mid twenties looking shyly in her direction.  He seemed harmless enough.  Amina nodded her head and followed the waitress up to the bar.  "Annyeonghasaeyo," Amina said bowing slightly.

The man nervously did the same, thanking her for joining him.  Oddly enough, if Amina hadn't felt so melancholy over the last few days, she would have found him handsome in a rugged way.  But his looks didn't even register her mind.  She was just grateful for a little distraction from being alone.

"Mianhaeyo," he started.  "I hope you didn't find my request strange.  I just... find it odd that a pretty girl as yourself is sitting alone."

"Aniyo," Amina replied, smiling a little.  "I didn't find your invitation strange at all."  She glanced towards the dance floor where everyone was still dancing.  "I'm with some friends, but they're all dancing right now."

"Oh," the man replied, suddenly wishing he knew how to dance.  He changed the subject.  "So what brings you here..."


Youngbae watched from the corner of his eye as Amina and the stranger talked.  She remained reserved but polite, but never forward.  He saw another guy approach them and grinded his teeth together.  Ji-Na looked up at him, noticing his preoccupied expression.  "Youngbae, something wrong?" she asked.

"Huh?"

"Something wrong?" she asked again.  "You stopped dancing."

He his lips and gave her a distracted look.  "I think I'm just tired. Mianhae... I'm going to go sit down."

Ji-Na nodded her head and allowed him to pull her off the floor.  They walked hand in hand to their table, passing Amina on the way.  By now, there were a total of three guys surrounding her. Ji-Na idly remarked, leaning up in his ear, "Wow, Mimi is popular with the guys at Pocheon."

He looked down at her face, his annoyance quite clear.  He passed by the waitress and asked her to bring him two bottles of beer.

"Youngbae, you know I don't drink beer," Ji-Na whined.

"Mianhae," he replied, embarrassed.  "They're for me."  He kept glancing at Amina's direction.

Ji-Na noticed his distraction.  She called out to Amina, "Mimi!"

Amina glanced around, looking for the caller.  She saw Ji-Na and Youngbae seated back at their table.  "Excuse me," she said taking her drink with her, much to the men's disappointment.  "Are you coming back?" one of them cried, causing Amina to grin back at them.

"Annyeong," Amina replied impishly, a little tipsy from her drink.

"Annyeong Mimi," Ji-Na grinned, noticing the change in Amina's behavior.  "Looks like you're having fun tonight."

Amina smiled and shrugged a shoulder.  "Just a little."  She beamed, the blush on her face becoming.  "I've gotten a couple of free drinks..." she counted her fingers.  "Someone who knows how to repair my car, if I had one," she smiled.  "Oh! And a marriage proposal!"

Ji-Na laughed.

"Did you tell him you can't because you're already engaged?" Youngbae mocked, taking a swig from his bottle of beer.

Amina felt her smile waver.  Trying her best to ignore him, she continued. "You stopped dancing," she remarked towards Ji-Na.

Ji-Na looked between the two of them, feeling the tension increase.  She uncomfortably cleared .  "Umm, yes."  She glanced over at Youngbae to see if he was teasing in some twisted way, but his face remained hard. "We're taking a break," she replied lamely.

"Oh," Amina replied.  A break from one dance?  That seemed odd, but Amina didn't question further.

"You should go dance!" Ji-Na insisted.  

Amina shook her head. "Ani..."

"Go! Go! Go! You haven't danced yet." Ji-Na pushed her out of the chair.  "Just pick one of those guys you were talking to.  It's time to bust out your new moves."

Amina grinned. She let out a big sigh.  "Alright..." She took another swallow of her cocktail drink and set it on the table, smoothing down the dress.  She glanced back once more at Ji-Na and returned her encouraging smile. Amina turned around and noticed her male audience from earlier were still milling about at the bar.  She never asked a guy to dance before.  Amina started back towards them on shaky legs.

She gasped in surprise as a strong grip on her left hand from behind propelled her forward, the grip unbreakable.  Amina stumbled a little as Youngbae pulled her towards the dance floor.  When they reached the middle of the floor, he turned around to face her, his eyes unreadable.  "W-what are you doing?" she stammered.

"You want to dance?  You can dance with me," he commanded.  

"B-but I don't want to dance with you."

"Wae?  I'm as good as any of them are over there."  He narrowed his eyes at her.  "Unless you like having strange men you?"

Amina stared at him, not understanding his long tirade of abuse today.  The happiness she felt earlier drained away.  She shook her head and replied, "I don't feel like dancing anymore, excuse me..."

He tightened his grip on her hand, stopping her.  "Dance with me."

Amina glanced around the floor, seeing Jiyong and Hanna in their own world dancing away.  Other people were moving about, ignoring them as they stood still on the dance floor.  She covered his grip with her other hand, trying to break his hold.

"Please," he pressed quietly.

She looked up in his face, seeing his eyes soften. She didn't know what it was about him.  Maybe it was the way the dim lighting in the room made his face appear boyishly handsome and innocent.  Maybe it was the way he tenderly begged her to stay.  Maybe it was the way his eyes were burning intensely into hers.  Amina didn't know why... but she nodded her head slightly.

Youngbae loosened his grip and pulled her closer to his body.  The dance music stopped and Ailee's Evening Sky came on, emptying the occupants on the dance floor.  He stood still, waiting to see if she would leave too.

Amina looked up at him.  She could tell that he was waiting patiently for her, his eyes vulnerable and honest.  She stepped closer to him and slid her hands up his chest, folding her arms over his shoulders.  Amina pressed her cheek against his collarbone, her head turned towards him. She felt him physically relax under her touch as she pressed her body up against his.

He bent down slightly and wrapped his arms around her small waist and lower back.  They began to sway to music, barely moving at times.  He inhaled her neck, breathing in her citrusy vanilla scent. 

Amina could see his lips so very close to her. She closed her eyes from the temptation and allowed herself to enjoy the feel of him.  She could feel his heart beat strongly underneath her chest. 

She began to relax in his arms, allowing the music to penetrate her senses.  The sad lyrics mimicked all the sorrow she was feeling inside.  Amina felt her heart grow heavy, the stress of the day and the loss of their relationship too much to bear.  She bit her lip to stop the tears from forming in her eyes.  But her heart over-rode her mind, allowing the tears to fall silently down her cheeks.

Youngbae felt the hot wetness against his neck and tightened his hold on her.  The wall around his heart shattered when he felt her small shaky breath intakes against his collarbone.  He leaned down and rubbed his cheek against her temple.  His heart ached.

"Baby don't cry," he whispered in her ear.

Amina clutched his t-shirt in her fists, tightening her hold on him. She let out a shaky gasp, the tears rolling unchecked down his shirt.  He held her while she cried, her heart and his breaking with every note.

The song slowly came to an end.  Amina loosened her grip and pushed against his chest lightly to let go.  But he didn't move, his arms still wrapped around her.  Amina looked up at him.

His eyes were in pain as he took in her tear-streaked face.  With a shaky hand, he gently wiped a tear from her eye and cupped her face.  He searched her eyes, bearing his soul for her to see.  He saw her lips quiver slightly and leaned down.

Amina felt Youngbae's intentions before he did.  She drew back from him, hating the pain they were both feeling inside.  But she couldn't do this anymore.

Youngbae felt her shift slighty away.  Confused, he looked down at her and waited.

"Please let me go," she shakily requested. She closed her eyes against the pain she knew that remained in his eyes.

Youngbae continued to stare down at her, his heart hurting.  He loosened his grip and pulled away. He watched as she turned around and left the bar, leaving him on the dance floor alone.